Canon have announced the new 430EX III-RT Speedlite with both Master and Slave modes to Canon’s 2.4GHz RT radio system, as well as a Canon Optic Wireless Slave Mode.
The 430EX III-RT will be available in September for $299, including a Color Filter and Bounce Adapter cap.
The 430EX III-RT are the second Speedlite from Canon currently compatible with the RT radio system, the other being the flagship 600EX-RT.
The new 430EX III-RT are smaller, lighter, and provide faster recycle times than their predecessor the 430EX II.
Added features and refinements over the 430EX II include –
- RT radio Master and Slave Modes.
- Increased Tilt and Swivel, upward Tilt 90 degrees, Swivel 150 degrees left & 180 degrees right.
- A larger Dot Matric LCD Screen.
- New control wheel with increased FEC adjustment range.
- Smaller and lighter body.
- Faster recycle times.
- 10 custom functions, and 8 personal functions.
- Color Filter and Bounce Adapter and 2 cases included.
CANON 430EX III-RT FEATURES
- Guide Number (GN) of 43 metres at ISO 100 and 105mm
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Flash Mode – ETTL II /M / Multi
- 1st Curtain Sync / 2nd Curtain Sync
- FEC – 1/3rd Increments
- Manual Flash – 1/128 – 1/1 output control (1/3rd increments)
- 24-105mm Auto and Manual Flash Zoom
- 2.4GHz RT Radio Master and Slave Modes
- Canon Optic Wireless Slave Mode
- Recycle Time – 0.1 – 3.5 Seconds
- Flash Groups – Radio A/B/C/D/E, Optic A/B/C
- Channels – Radio 1 – 15, Optic 1 – 4
- 10 Custom Functions, 8 Personal Functions
- Sound Prompt
- Heat Protection
- LCD Back Light
- Crop Sensor Auto Zoom Option
- AF Assist Light
- Head Tilt 90 degrees, Swivel 150 degrees left & 180 degrees right
- Tilt Swivel Lock Button
- Large Dot Matrix LCD Screen
- Bounce Card & Wide Angle Diffuser
- Fast Clamping Foot
NOT PROVIDED –
- External HV Battery Port
- USB Port for Firmware Updates
- PC Sync Port
- Weather Sealing
The Canon 430EX III-RT features a new larger dot matrix LCD display, and interface control panel with new buttons and fast selection dial.
And Canon have provided a full Master and Slave mode for the Canon RT radio system.
This provides up to 5 groups, and up to 15 remote flash units. In slave mode a shutter release function allows remote cameras to be fired as well.
A Canon Optic Wireless Slave mode is also provided.
Being a step down from the flagship 600EX-RT, the 430EX III-RT do not provide any External HV Battery Port, or PC Sync Port.
The 430EX III-RT are slightly more compact and lightweight than the previous 430EX II.
And the 430EX III-RT are now supplied with a Color Filter and Bounce Adapter. As well as a base stand and case for the flash and another for the cap and filter.
|Compatible Cameras||Type-A EOS cameras (E-TTL II/E-TTL autoflash)|
|Guide Number||Supports a shooting angle of view with a lens focal length of 24-105mm.The maximum Guide No. is approximately 141.1 ft./43m at ISO 100 and 105mm flash coverage.When the extendable wide panel is pulled out, the flash coverage is 14mm.|
|Number of Flashes||Approx. 180-1200 flashes (with size-AA/LR6 alkaline batteries)|
|Recycling Time||Normal flash: Approx. 0.1-3.5 sec.
Quick flash: Approx. 0.1-2.5 sec.
|Flash Range||Effective flash range with EF 50mm f/1.4 lens at ISO 100
|AF Assist Beam||Emission method switchable in Personal Functions between Intermittent flashes and Infrared AF-assist beam.
Emitting small series of flashes is supported during viewfinder shooting, and Quick mode during Live View shooting or movie shooting.Effective Range (Approx.):
At Center: 2.3-13.1 ft./0.7-4.0m
Periphery: 2.3-11.5 ft./0.7-3.5m
|Custom Functions||10 Functions|
|Personal Functions||8 Functions|
|Power Source||Four AA-size/LR6 alkaline or AA/HR6 Ni-MH batteries|
|Internal Sound Generator||N/A|
|External Power Source||N/A|
|Dimensions||Approx. 2.78 x 4.48 x 3.87 in./70.5 x 113.8 x 98.2mm|
|Weight||Approx. 10.41 oz. / 295g|
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Canon 430EX III-RT will be available now from $299 –
Canon USA – Website
Canon Europe – Website