The new entry level 200Ws and 300Ws monolights featuring a more compact body design, and extra stop of power range (now down to 1/32) than the earlier Studio / SK II series lights.
With 2.4GHz radio receiver built inside, the new AC strobes will combine nicely with the full range of Flashpoint R2 / Godox X System enabled lights and transmitter units.
For a long time inexpensive studio flashes have been something of a risky proposition, now you can purchase some very decent flashes in performance and reliability starting from under $100.
Although very budget friendly, the BLAZ / MS200 & 300 still provide stable power output between shots (within 2% variation).
And if the Studio / SK II are anything to go by, color consistency across the power range (5600 +/- 200k), and flash durations (1/2000s – 1/800s) should be very respectable for these inexpensive voltage controlled strobes as well.
Power range is now 5 stops, 1/1 – 1/32 (with fine 0.1 stop graduations), and full power recycle time is 1.3 seconds for the 220V version, and 1.8s for the 110V strobes.
The 150W halogen modelling light is adjustable from 5% to 100%, as well as Proportional (to follow the flash power setting).
FLASHPOINT BLAZ / GODOX MS FEATURES
- Power – 200Ws / 300Ws
- Guide Number 53m / 56m (ISO 100)
- Fan Cooled?
- Modelling Light – 150W Halogen
- Modelling light Control – Manual 5%-100%, Proportional
- S-Type Modifier Mount
- Flash Modes – Manual
- Manual Power – 1/32 – 1/1 (or 5.0 to 10.0) (0.1 Increments)
- FlashPoint R2 2.4GHz / Godox X System Radio
- Radio Slave Mode – Universal (No HSS or TTL)
- Range – 100m +
- Groups – 16 – A-F & 0-9
- 32 Channels
- S1 / S2 Optic Slave Modes
- Flash Duration – 1/2000s – 1/800s
- Color Temperature – 5600 +/- 200k
- Recycle Time 0.1 – 1.3s (220V) / 0.1 – 1.8s (110V)
- LED Display
- Auto Memory Function
- Wireless Control Port
- 3.5mm Sync Port
- Power Source – AC 200-240V / 50Hz, or AC 100-120V / 60Hz
- Dimensions – Diameter 12.6cm, Height 18cm?, Length 28cm (inc. lamp cover)
- Weight – Approx 2.6kg
FLASHPOINT BLAZ / GODOX MS SPECS
NOTE – Being mains AC powered studio lights, these will be available as separate 110V and 220V versions.
So if not purchasing locally you may need to check the voltage with the seller first.
Also note, with the Godox version at least, the standard 7″ reflector is sold separately.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Flashpoint BLAZ / Godox MS strobes are available for Pre-order now from $95 –