FLASHPOINT R2 PRO-N / GODOX XPRO-N – TTL Transmitter Announced

Flashpoint have announced the R2 Pro-N / Godox XPro-N, TTL and HSS enabled radio transmitter for Nikon DSLR’s, and they are available now from Adorama for $69.00.

With a large clear dot matrix LCD screen displaying all 5 groups at simultaneously, and individual dedicated groups buttons, the Pro transmitter provides a big improvement over the previous R2 / X1 transmitter’s user interface.

And therefore a great improvement for the complete Flashpoint & Godox 2.4GHz flash system.

SIGNIFICANT NEW FEATURES INCLUDE –

• Large Dot Matrix LCD Screen Displaying 5 Groups
  • 5 Individual Dedicated Group Buttons
  • Display Zoom – Displays One Group Larger with More Details
  • TCM Function – TTL – CONVERT – MANUAL
  • Flash Head Zoom Control Interface – by Group
  • Modelling Light Control – by Group (Currently On /Off Only)
  • Global Adjustment of Group Power Levels (ALL Button)
  • Large Graphic Menu System with Multiple Custom Functions

R2 PRO Nikon

The Pro transmitter now provides the option of working with up to 5 groups of lights – A / B / C / D / E, in a mixed Group Mode style environment, where TTL and Manual groups can be mixed together, and individual groups can easily be switched On and Off.

Unlike the Canon version Xpro-C transmitter though, TTL mode can only be selected in groups A, B, & C. Groups D & E are manual only.

There is also the option of controlling up to 16 Groups in Manual mode (A-F & 0-9), corresponding with the older XTR-16/s style radio receivers.

With dedicated individual group buttons, adjusting each group is now very simple, fast and intuitive.

R2 PRO Nikon

And if you prefer the XT-32 style single group display, at the press of a button the Pro transmitter provides the option of switching back and forth from multiple group display, to a larger single group display showing more details.

XPRO-N

FLASHPOINT R2 PRO / GODOX XPRO FEATURES

• Godox / Flashpoint 2.4GHz RF Radio System
  • Range – 100m +
  • Flash Modes – I-TTL / M / Multi
  • TCM – TTL – CONVERT – MANUAL
  • Second Curtain Sync
  • FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 Stops)
  • FEL (Flash Exposure Lock)
  • Global ALL Group Power Adjustment
  • Remote Flash Zoom by Group
  • Remote Modeling Light Control
  • Group Mode – A / B / C / D / E  (5 Groups) (D & E Manual Only)
  • Manual Mode – A – F & 0 – 9 (16 Groups)
  • Wireless ID 01-99
  • Compatible with All Godox & Flashpoint 2.4GHz Flash System
  • Large Dot Matrix LCD Display with Adjustable Back Light
  • Zoom Display – Displays One Groups Larger With Details
  • Modeling flash
  • AF Assist light (With an On/Off Switch)
  • Wireless Shutter Release
  • Type-C USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
  • 2.5mm Sync Port – Input & Output
  • Powered by 2 AA Batteries

TCM FUNCTION

Another significant feature now provided with the Pro transmitter is the new TCM function.

TCM stands for TLL – CONVERT – MANUAL.

This is Godox and Flashpoint’s version of Hybrid or Fusion TTL, where its now possible to take a shot in TTL mode to attain a correct exposure very quickly, and then at the press of a button convert those TTL power levels to display on the transmitter as Manual power levels.

The manual power levels can then be further refined, and provide consistent exposures for further shots in the same set up and environment.

The TCM function is potentially a huge advantage for people operating in a fast paced environment, allowing a base setting to be gained very quickly without manually metering lights. Switching to manual the individual power levels can then be refined as needed, and exposures remain constant for subsequent images.

Other features include a flash Zoom control screen, and a large graphic menu with custom functions –

Flashpoint R2 PRO - Godox XPro-C

The Pro transmitter provides similar range and reliability to the original R2 and XT transmitters, and also currently use the same AF assist light, and regular screw locking foot.

Flashpoint R2 PRO - Godox XPro-C

A shutter release function is provided, as well as a Type-C USB port for firmware updated, and a 2.5mm sync port.

And the Pro transmitter is once again powered by 2 regular AA batteries.

(Canon version foot shown below).

Flashpoint R2 PRO - Godox XPro-C

FLASHPOINT R2 PRO/ GODOX XPRO SPECS

XPRO-N

CUSTOM FUNCTIONS

Flashpoint R2 PRO - Godox XPro-C

The R2 Pro-N / Xpro-N for Nikon are available now from –

Adorama, Amazon, UK, B&H PhotoEbay

Flashpoint – Website

Godox – Website

Flashpoint / Godox – System Overview

1. Darryl Jones 2 months ago

I noticed that the amazon link to this says it will be released on Oct 29th. Do you have any information if this is true?

2. Alex Valtchev 2 months ago

Unlike the Canon version Xpro-C transmitter though, TTL mode can only be selected in groups A, B, & C. Groups D & E are manual only.

Not that I plan to have 5 groups in TTL, BUT that handicap is really stupid and annoying! Isn’t there a way to have the exact same features on every brand ?!

• John Wilson 2 months ago

I think it’s a limitation of the camera, Alex.

As I understand it the camera fires a preflash of each TTL group in turn and measures the exposure. It then calculates the power needed for each TTL group before firing all the groups at once. If the camera only supports 3 TTL groups there’s nothing the trigger can do about it.

Canon used only to support 3 TTL groups but their system was upgraded a few years ago.

3. Alex Valtchev 2 months ago

Why is Nikon sleeping? Well if they can have 1 group in TTL and 3 in our case… whats the difference if they are 5 or 10… Whats to lose? Why don’t just do it? Their archaic line of sight system is way overdue. And their new radio system is BS. No wonder they are falling behind Canon. Good bodies like D850 ok, fine… but improve the lighting too…

• Mark 3 weeks ago

Nikon’s has A, B, and C groups that can do TTL, D and E can only be set in manual. Canon’s can do TTL in all groups, plus they can do TTL ratios. Nikon’s version of the godox stuff (all of it, the nikon version flashes, X1T, and Xpro) do not do ratios at all. Nikon’s own flash system does do ratios though. It’s my understanding that Nikon’s code is harder to work with.

I’ve used the godox stuff for canon and it was reasonably well, ratios and all. It’s a very wonky system on the nikon side though. I don’t think anyone’s really using 5 groups in ttl ever, really, I don’t know when three groups in ttl would make much sense either unless you’re using them with ratios.

Among my biggest gripes with the Nikon version of the godox system is that their flashes- the tt685N and v860iiN – can only be set to groups A, B, and C as slaves, where the canon versions can be set to A,B,C,D, and E. It makes no sense because the nikon transmitter still allow you to fire five groups. So I had to buy two Canon version flashes to fill my groups D and E with.

As for Nikon’s OWN system, their radio stuff is great, I’m not sure what you’re talking about being BS. In fact they even have a radio transmitter that clips on the side of your camera instead of eating up your hotshoe which is really cool. The main problem is that the flashes are expensive as hell.

To further complicate things, Godox’s TTL is wonky. This goes for both Canon and Nikon versions- “TTL” on godox is old school TTL that meters the whole scene and averages it out. It’s hard to get consistent exposures constantly having to ride FEC values, you’re better off shooting in manual power.

Canon and Nikon’s ittl and ettl are more advanced and by default meter off your lit subject/brightest part of the flash exposure, so it doesn’t matter if you change distance or where your subject is, the exposures stay much more consistent.

I could go on and on about bugs in godox’s system but man, I should save that for a youtube video or something because there are a lot. Fortunately as long as you know what works and what doesn’t it’s still a good system for the money.

• mike weeks 3 weeks ago

Mark I am interested as to how you cam to the conclusion about the TTL as TTL metering is done by the camera, not the flash and how much of the scene it reads is determined by the Camera metering pattern – are you stating that the flash forces the camera into the wrong mode?

Mike

4. Martin 2 months ago

Do you know if Godox have any plans to give this trigger a thumb lock like the canon 600 EX RT speedlights have.

5. C. Stephen Hurst 2 months ago

Martin,

If they (GODOX) intended to make a Thumb lock I would think it would have been in the production units. Seems silly to that they stuck with the screw lock system and should have just charged an extra 5 to 10 bucks and included the best hot shoe locking system available.

As mentioned in the Canon thread, Godox haven’t engineered any lever lock style foot as yet, and in the past they have mentioned legal issues as at least part of the reason for that. Which is probably true just in the sense that they can’t simply copy exactly what Canon etc have done (and they are not great at engineering things like this themselves).

As I’ve mentioned previously though, just getting a new transmitter took a lot of convincing to start with. So insisting on a lever lock foot would have very likely ruled out any chance of it happening at all in the near future.

The good news though is the separate Flashpoint version of the transmitter is back underway as well, and that has some nice features (still no level lock foot though).

The locking wheel on the XPro is at least much easier to use than the X1, and even a bit better than the XT-32 because the base of the transmitter is smaller making it easier to access the wheel. The wheel is also round (no indents) which is not as harsh on your fingers.

• Zoltan 2 months ago

This is the seperate version you mentioned earlier, your prototype that Godox didn’t use in the final version of Xpro? Can we know more about it, what the difference would be? Will it be available in Europe?

• Alex Valtchev 2 months ago

“separate Flashpoint version of the transmitter is back underway as well, and that has some nice features”

What are they? any confirmed or speculated features? What about the physical interface? thanks

Sorry guys I can’t say too much more about these than I already have until they are released.

The LCD interface is very similar to the XPro, though the button layout is different, with faster access to the group buttons, and more buttons for quick access to functions.

They are a bit bigger than the Xpro though, so smaller mirrorless camera owners may well still prioritize size over functional advantages.

I don’t think time frames are known yet.

• Zoltan 2 months ago

Any info on availability of the separate Flashpoint version in Europe?

I think the only option at this stage would be to order directly from Adorama.

Maybe if there is enough demand we could ask Adorama about the possibility of a European Flashpoint distributor.

6. Naftoli 2 months ago

So excited for this new trigger, I just put in my preorder! Thank you Flash Havoc!

My concern is this, as a wedding photographer, I am often using a speedlight in the hotshoe as an on camera flash and triggering my off camera Godox lighting simultaneously. However The on camera flashes interface for controlling power levels for off camera flash is way too fidly, so I instead use my trusty XT32 handheld on a lanyard around my neck for the off camera power control. for this setup to work you must have you off camera groups set to 1 2 3 4 or 5 (if your lights are set to groups A B C D E the on camera speedlight will interfere, every time you take a picture the power of the off camera lights will adjust to what there set values are on the oncamera speedlight)

Is there a way to change this new Pro-N Transmitter to control groups 1 2 3 4 & 5 (Instead of A B C D E) ??

Hi Naftoli,

Yes you can set the XPro to the 16 group mode, and display groups 1-5 on the screen if you like.

7. Psartman 2 months ago

Sony next, please.

8. David Xavier 2 months ago

After annoying problems with two other brands I was considering the X1-N as a new try to controlling my SB880 & SB80DX together with my D2Xs, and I found this new device around. Would it work with that mentioned equipment, be as TTL or Manual mode?
    I’d like to know as well wether or not the R2 PRO-N would work as a remote camera trigger.
    Finally, what would be the most appropriate receiver to pair it with the new controller?
    Much appreciated.

Hi David,

I assume you mean the SB-800?, and if so that should work with an X1R-N receiver in TTL and Remote Manual.

I’m really not too sure about the SB-80DX though, that’s a pretty old flash as far as I remember. Even the SB-800 walks a fine line between having issues with current TTL radio triggers (though generally should be ok).

Using either the X1T-N or XPro-N / R2 PRO-N transmitters you would use the same X1R-N receivers with your speedlights.

Though for $110 you can get the TT685N / FP Zoom with fully compatible TTL radio receiver built inside. So you may want to consider going with those to save any hassles.

If you don’t need TTL the Remote Manual and HSS enabled TT600 are only $65.

• Motti 2 months ago

Finally!!

• Motti 2 months ago

I honestly do not think it will work with the DX version. I have the SB-80DX and it does not work the same as the new Nikons.

• nebus 2 months ago

in that regard how would these compare to say the Cactus V6 II system? I’m looking at something atop my D800 to control 2x SB800s and a SB28, and looking to ad another similar flash soon. Manual control is a must , TTL might be handy too but not that necessary ..

Hi Nebus,

Again I don’t think you’re going to have much luck controlling the SB28 with any radio triggers (EDIT – See my comment bellow about the older Radiopopper JrX triggers).

I dare say the V6 II provide more attention to detail when is comes to any compatibility details with the SB-800 etc. Though on the flip-side Godox have a nicer system of inexpensive slave flashes with radio built in, whether you want just manual & HSS, or full TTL.

So considering you would be best to trade in the SB28, you’re up for 2 new flashes anyway, so its hard to look past the Godox system. TT600, or V850II for manual/HSS, or TT685N or V860IIN for TTL as well.

Or you may even want to consider AD200 etc. They are all nicer options now than having separate external radio receivers. And the Godox / Flashpoint transmitters are pretty nice as well.

UPDATE – I forgot the Radiopopper JrX radio triggers can actually control the manual power levels of quench pin speedlites like the SB-28, and also the SB-800. (I think the SB-700 and SB-900 onward were no longer quench pin speedlites).

Theres no TTL or HSS with the Radiopopper JrX though.

9. David 2 months ago

It’s looks great – Do you know if there will be a Panasonic version any time soon?

Hi David,

There will be an Olympus/Panasonic version. And I think the original intention was to try and get them all out by the end of the year. Though I’m not sure how Godox are tracking with that at this stage.

Its generally the Sony version next, then Olympus/Panasonic (and Fuji lucky last).

• David 2 months ago

Thanks for the info on the Panasonic trigger, I suspect there are a fair few new gh5 owners like myself waiting on this new trigger….although the comment from markz below sounds a wee bit worrying re flash latency. Cheers.

10. Markz 2 months ago

Hopefully, when the “O” version comes out they will have fixed the delay problem with the GH5. Both my X1To and TT350o cause around 0.5 second delay after pressing the shutter button before the shot fires. They work OK on my GX80 and GH3, and my old 433Hz triggers work fine on the GH5. I have quite a lot of Godox gear but this issue has stopped me buying any more of it, which is a shame as I’d like to get four AD200’s to add to my set up, but they don’t work with the old 433Hz system and I would like to use HSS too :/

11. Thien 2 months ago

When is Adorama releasing the pre-order unit?

Hi Thien,

Sorry I’m not sure on that. They should put the date up once they know when they are due to arrive, like with the Canon listing.

(To see the date, hover over or click on the “Pre Order Now – Learn More” text, under the big green PRE-ORDER button).

12. Eric 2 months ago

This is a powerful addition to the Godox lineup and a good news for Nikon users.

13. mike 2 months ago

1 minute in he says that it does not go in to auto TTL is this expected operation? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljxo59WlOHQ

• John Wilson 2 months ago

Hi Mike!

looking at the manual (available here: http://www.godox.com/EN/Download.html) it would appear that you do have to manually enable HSS. There have been complaints that the X1 trigger goes into auto HSS mode at to low a speed for some camera models. I think it has a fixed speed which is set at the lowest speed any camera in the range needs HSS. It’s possible that the reason the Xpro behaves in this way is to allow people who have higher performance cameras to use non HSS mode at higher speeds.

• John Aldred 2 months ago

Mike, HSS, not TTL. Yup, you have to enable HSS mode on the trigger if you want to go beyond your sync speed.

It’s not really an issue, you notice when your camera doesn’t let you send your shutter speed past 1/250th (or whatever speed your camera hits sync at) and so you just turn it on, and it stays on for as long as the trigger has power.

But, it resets to off every time you power down the trigger. I wish it was a persistent setting through power downs, but I suppose we’ll just have to get used to it (or bug Godox to make it a persistent setting in the firmware). 😀

Just to be clear, the slave flashes still automatically go in and out of HSS mode as needed when you set the camera shutter speed above and bellow X-sync. You just have to switch the HSS mode on manually on the transmitter to start with.

I’m not sure why Godox have done this, though there was an issue with the Nikon X1T-N where it had to switch to HSS a little early before the X-sync shutter speed, otherwise part of the image frame would showing some shutter at X-sync. So I’m not sure if having the option to switch the HSS mode off helps at all with that?

@ John Aldred – That’s a good point about the memory, I’ll try and see that the coming Flashpoint version has that updated, and hopefully Godox will see that its something they should update in the firmware for their version then as well.

• John Aldred 2 months ago

Just to clarify a little on this, I just tested both the Nikon and Canon versions of the XPro, and there is a difference!

The Canon one cycles through normal/rear curtain/HSS and it remembers the setting when you turn it off and back on again.

The Nikon one bounces between normal & HSS (rear curtain sync is set on the camera body, so you can do it with any flash). It reverts to normal sync when turning it off and back on again.

So, it looks like it’s just a Nikon trigger issue. Hopefully just an oversight, then.

• John Aldred 2 months ago

Actually, never mind. It looks like the Canon one will forget the flash sync setting sometimes, too. It just seems to take a few seconds longer to forget than the Nikon one. 🙂

14. zipfake 2 months ago

My nikon version just shipped from Amazon.

15. Jef de Vries 2 months ago

Just to let you know: Also my Nikon version shipped to mee from Ebay store.

Thanks Jef and zipfake.

16. Joel 2 months ago

Any updates and when the Sony version will be released? Also has anyone check to see if the Sony X1R will trigger an A7x camera?

17. zipfake 2 months ago

So this is interesting. The company I pre-ordered from sent me two. Not in one package, two separate DHL shipments. Amazon said I could keep it. What can I do with a second one, can you trigger cameras with it or do you need the receiver for that?

• Darryl 1 month ago

Wow should have ordered thru Amazon. Adorama is still has not gotten their shipment.

Hi zipfake,

Lucky you! 🙂

Yes you need an X1R receiver to use the transmitter as a wireless shutter release.

Its great to have a back up though in any case.

And you can also put one transmitter on the camera in APP mode, just to fire the flashes, and use the other in hand as a remote, to take light meter readings, or for easy access if the camera was mounted high on a tripod for example.

18. Colin Fibiger 1 month ago

Hopefully I can get a clear answer from someone here. If I am wanting to use the XPro-N on Godox lights that do not have the wireless X system built in – e.g GT400 – can I use the X1R-N receivers or do I have to use the older XTR16 receivers?
    I have a mixed brand set of studio lights and flashes and now want to upgrade all to Godox – using one Trigger throughout.

Hi Colin,

You can attach an X1R-N receiver to the GT400 via a PC sync cord, to simply fire the flash only, no remote power control.

The XTR16 receiver allows for remote power control, though the Xpro does not support the 5.0 power scale of the GT400, so you would need to use an XT16 or XT32 transmitter to remotely change power levels on the GT400.

Either receiver should allow you to simply fire the strobe via the XPro transmitter though.

• Colin Fibiger 1 month ago

Thanks a lot. I assume the same can be said for the X1T?
        If so. if I want to use the TT685’s in conjunction with any studio lighting – and be able to remotely adjust the power, I would have to look at any of the II versions that have X1 receivers built in?

Flash Havoc 1 month ago

Yes the X1T is similar to the Xpro, not providing any alternate power scales.

Yes the best way to go is with the mark II Godox / Flashpoint lights having the X system receivers built inside. Everything works together very nicely then.

Strobes like the original AD360 do generally work fine with the X1T / Xpro transmitter, providing remote power control with an XTR-16 receiver attached (because the AD360 use the same fractional power scale).

Though even then the external receivers tend to be the lowest priority when it comes to bugs etc being introduced through firmware updates etc, so the mark II strobes have generally been the better option.

19. Paul R 1 month ago

Is the TCM function going to be made available via firmware update to any of the existing triggers?

Hi Paul,

Sorry I’m not sure about that.

Though I would think its unlikely any time particularly soon, as the X1T are the only other TTL transmitter previously available, and there is nowhere really to even assign the TCM function (as the few buttons they have are already over assigned).

So for that reason alone I can’t Imagine it happening until they possibly rework the X1T (and I don’t know of any plans for that), though also this is a feature introduced to help sell the new Xpro etc. So they need to get all of those out yet still, and they haven’t quite finished the original Flashpoint version yet either.

So a lot of work to do yet before I would think they would even consider this.

20. Stefan 1 month ago

Any news on the Flashpoint version and the “some nice features” you mentioned a few posts above?

Hi Stefan,

The Flashpoint transmitter is still coming along nicely.

I don’t know about time frames though unfortunately. For various reasons the physical body of the unit is only just being finalized again at them moment, though it is possible things could move quite quickly from there. Or they may not, I can’t really be sure.

21. mmmfotografie 1 month ago

Besides the earlier suggestions I made on the X-Pro on POTN I find it an interesting feature to boost the maximum output power by using longburn.

Even when the flash is in blinking light (HSS) it switches over to longburn, disabling HSS, when power is set to 1/1 and the pre-sync is still active the.

Flash Havoc 1 month ago

Thanks for that. I have been pushing for the delay timing setting to be available again in the coming Flashpoint transmitter (as the X1T already has).

How the HSS mode is enabled in the strobe has generally been part of the strobes firmware, though maybe it would be possible to add a Long Burn Sync Mode to the transmitter, which disables HSS mode on the strobes, while keeping the pre-sync fire signal for Long Burn Sync.

I’ll enquire about this.

22. domenico 1 month ago

Hello everybody.
    I just got my X-PRO N and … I do not have to activate the HSS function once I shut down the trigger.
    That function stay on!

Thanks domenico,

HSS appears to stay set on both of my Canon version Xpro-C as well. One is V1.0, and the other V9.5 which is likely beta firmware.

John Aldred commenting on this issue further above likely has early samples from Godox, so they may be different firmware as well.

23. CCPPhoto 1 month ago

Any update on the Sony version?

Hi CCPPhoto,

Sorry no I haven’t heard anything yet. Adorama would have them up for pre-order if they knew they were on the way.

24. mario 1 month ago

Thanks, Robert! Got mine yesterday, the Nikon version. Tested it with a D300 and a D7200, and sadly, my most wanted feature TCM doesn’t work at all with the AD200 (actual firmware). I always get the lowest possible power setting (when set to 1/256 in the menu, it’s 1/256, when set to 1/128, it’s 1/128. Not so good, thinks me.

Hi Mario,

Thanks for that. I don’t have the Nikon transmitter yet myself, though I haven’t heard anyone else mention an issue with the TCM function as yet.

You definitely have the camera set for an exposure that would require more than minimum flash power (low ISO, small aperture F16 etc)?

Also by “actual firmware” do you mean you have the latest firmware in the AD200 (V2.0)?

• mario 1 month ago

OK, Nikon version is too young for many feedbacks, perhaps.
        Yes, set the cam to 400 in a relatively dark room, 1/200 and f13, this should bring the AD200 to bang more than 1/128. I guess about 1/32, and that’s true, when I correct it that the result reaches the TTL picture that is right.
        Someone told me that every single picture after long pressing TCM ist underexposed by 3 full stops (or 9 wheel clicks). And that’s true with mine.
        Actual firmware means the latest one, V.2.0.
        More to read here:

Thanks Mario,

I haven’t been able to access that Facebook group as yet.

Can any other Nikon users confirm this TCM underexposure issue? Thanks.

• mario 1 month ago

Hi, Elvis.
            In different facebook groups, there are several posters that confirm this. Sadly.
            I tested different cams (D3s, D300, D7100, D700), different flashes (685F, 685O, 3 different AD200) and nearly every possible setting on Xpro and got the same result every time. TTL works flawlessly, after TCM 3 stops underexposed.

Thanks Mario,

I managed to join the Facebook group, and it appears some people are having success while others are not. And they are not always providing a lot of details so its hard to narrow this down.

Which firmware version does your Xpro-N have installed?

Also just to confirm, you are having the issue when using just one flash at a time?

There are certainly issues when mixing a couple of different flash models, though using just one flash should be showing a correct conversion at the least.

• Mario Moschel 1 month ago

You’re welcome, Elvis.
                FW version is 1.1, and I get the same results, no matter how many flashs are involved.
                So yes, same issue with a single flash only.
                Did not see any in the facebook group that was really successful. When someone had rhe same values like he n TTL, this might to be coincidence, I guess. Because mostly, it was 1/128.

Thanks Mario,

I’ve passed this on. As Chris mentioned the Flashpoint version appear to have started shipping so we will see if they have the same firmware and issue still.

You may want to email Godox as well though anyway if you haven’t already – godox@godox.com.

25. Ricardo 1 month ago

Gosh, any update when the m43 will be released? I so want it!

26. Chris 1 month ago

Anyone received the Nikon version from Adorama yet? Seems the Godox version’s been shipping via ebay for weeks, now.

27. Chris 1 month ago

Just got shipping notification from Adorama. Yay!

C

28. Jim Setzer 4 weeks ago

I received my Flashpoint R2 Pro today, put it through it’s paces and published this initial product review. I didn’t go through every last feature, but just touched on the stuff that was new. Enjoy. https://youtu.be/Hxg4Uu_K1h0

• Jim Setzer 4 weeks ago

The FP R2-Pro-N I received from Adorama yesterday does have the same TCM 3-stop issue reported by others. Seems like an easy firmware fix, but who knows. It would be a shame if this feature isn’t usable. It would really speed up my studio workflow.

Flash Havoc 4 weeks ago

Ok thanks Jim, at least we know for sure now.

29. Jim Setzer 4 weeks ago

Here’s an update on the TCM problem. I confirmed the firmware in my R2 Pro (XPro TTL) is the latest (ver. 1.2) and when I updated my Zoom Li-On (V860II) from ver. 1.3 to ver. 1.5 the problem went away. Great news.

I updated my XPLOR 600s (AD600) from ver. 2.2 to the latest ver. 2.4 but unfortunately saw no improvements there.

So it would seem firmware updates for each light are going to be needed for this feature to work properly in a Nikon environment.

Flash Havoc 4 weeks ago

Ok thanks Jim, that’s helpful to know.

I would hope just a transmitter update can still fix this.

30. Domenico 4 weeks ago

Can somebody investigate if GODOX know and will fix the TCM issue?

Flash Havoc 4 weeks ago

Hi Domenico,

Godox have been informed.

31. mario 4 weeks ago

GOT IT!!!! TCM works when you set the XPro into GROUP MODE in the menu section!!!

Flash Havoc 4 weeks ago

Hi Mario,

Sorry I’m not sure what you mean by GROUP MODE?

The Canon Xpro transmitter has a GROUP custom function in the menu where you can select 5 or 16 groups. And the 16 groups are manual only so there is no TTL to perform the TCM on.

32. mario 4 weeks ago

Sorry, was not exactly enough.
    I mean the multi user mode in the setup menu. You can set the Xpro in 3 different modes: single, multi user and app mode.
    In single user mode, TCM never worked for me, in multi user mode, it did. But tested only a few shots, had no more time, sorry. but these shots were nice and it looked like TCM works within this multi user mode.

33. Domenico 4 weeks ago

Regarding the TCM on Nikon version, I had the same experience as Mario: it worked when set to Multi user mode.

34. Arun 4 weeks ago

Can i use X1C to trigger Xpro-C ( also use the 2.5 mm jack to trigger the shutter)

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Hi Arun,

Sorry I don’t understand your question. Did you want to trigger an X1R-C, or X1R-N receiver with an Xpro-C transmitter?

• Arun 3 weeks ago

I have a X1TC trigger and a X1pro trigger, i would want the X1pro on the camera with the shutter cable attached to canon 6D, in this setup can i use X1TC to trigger X1pro ( and the camera shutter)

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

UPDATE – Firmware version V1.3 to fix the TCM issue is now available from the FlashPoint download page.

• Dmitriy 3 weeks ago

Is this firmware only for Nikon version of the transmitter or for Canon also?

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Its for the Nikon version ONLY!

36. mario 3 weeks ago

Great, Elvis. Thank you.

Can I upgrade a original Godox XPro with the flashpoint firmware? No originary Godox update out there …

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Sorry, yes you can upgrade the original Godox Xpro with the Flashpoint firmware.

37. Chester 3 weeks ago

Can anyone confirm the V850 II has auto zoom function as stated here: https://www.adorama.com/fplfsmzl2.html
    Cant find that on mine (only 20 -200) and it doest work with the new Xpro N

• Chester 3 weeks ago

Hi, can anyone confirm this funtion for me pls. I found nothing about it.

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Hi Chester,

I’m sorry I don’t have a V850II or TT600 here at the moment to test this.

The Auto Zoom setting is generally there when you scroll bellow 20mm with the zoom setting on the flash interface. And it needs to be in the Auto setting for the XPro-N or X1T-N transmitters to control the zoom remotely.

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Good news, V1.3 firmware has also changed the Channel / Zoom button around to Zoom / Channel, so that you can access and exit the Zoom screen quickly.

39. mike 3 weeks ago

Nikon firmware 1.3 and Canon firmware 1.4 now on Godox site http://www.godox.com/EN/Download.html

Mike

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Thanks Mike!

40. Ulysses 3 weeks ago

For what it’s worth, I discovered a little problem with the XProⓃ for Nikon if triggering one of the older AD360 units (all-manual and no TTL):

It seems with firmware v1.3 the XProⓃ will not trigger the AD360 in HSS. You can shoot all the way up to 1/250 second on a Nikon camera. But as soon as you cross over into HSS, the flash will stop firing. The trigger is definitely active, as evidenced by the Status Indicator Lamp. Hopefully the next firmware update will address this.

See my video explaining the problem: https://youtu.be/HCPO6TU401Q

NOTE: This is NOT an issue for any of the Godox X Series flashes as far as I can tell (such as the AD600, AD360II, AD200, or V860II).

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Ok thanks Ulysses, that’s not the first time we have seen that bug introduced.

41. mike weeks 3 weeks ago

Just tried to update using the firmware update from the Godox site and G2 reported the file is in the wrong format so used the update from the Adorama site without issue

Mike

Flash Havoc 2 weeks ago

That’s interesting to know, thanks Mike.

42. Domenico 3 weeks ago

@Mike Weeks: you have to rename the file downloaded from the Godox website “.man” as “.rar” and extract it. Once you have the folder extracted, you have to delete the Chinese text from the name of that folder or the upgrading software won’t see the folder (due to the strange Chinese text).
    I did that for me and I was able to upgrade my firmware.

• mike 3 weeks ago

There was no .man it downloaded as .rar and extracted, totally forgot that issue of the chinese characters in the filepath though

43. Cata 2 days ago

My experience with new X PRO-N:

I received it with firmware V1.2. Initial, I made some simple tests, and:
    • GODOX flashes (600 and V860II) and Nikon (SB800 and SB900) worked fine in TTL, individual / group.
    • TCM was fine – individual trigger / all together ( It seems like Nikon flashes also worked – I used two X1R).

I updated triggers firmwares : X Pro-N (V1.3), X1R (V20) and X1T (V23). After these:
    • GODOX flashes (600B and V860II) and Nikon SB900 worked fine in TTL, individual / group, and SB800 didn’t work in TTL. (I have no problem with X1T to trigger SB800 in TTL mode )
    • TCM worked only with GODOX flashes (individual / together)

I updated GODOX flashes firmwares: 600 (V2.5) and V860II (V1.6), and ….:

• the same – GODOX flashes (600B and V860II) and Nikon SB900 worked fine in TTL, individual / group, and SB800 didn’t work in TTL.
    • TCM worked only with GODOX flashes, BUT only separately. When I tried to trigger both – 600 + 860II, image was overexposed .

So, for me, these new firmwares made more bad. I regret that I made these upgrade. What is your experience with these flashes and TCM function ?
    Any advice is welcome . Thanks !

Flash Havoc 2 days ago

Hi Cata,

We have actually just been discussing the X1R issue with Godox via Flashpoint just now. The TTL bug was just added while resolving a manual power level issue. So I would imagine they will have another update to resolve that in the works.

Regarding the TCM. I personally haven’t used the Nikon version yet, though with Canon I did a lot of testing / experimenting originally, and it mainly only worked well when using the same type of strobes. I’m still not really sure what Godox are intending the custom function where you select the primary flash mode to do at this stage.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more discussion on that yet. Though I expected it would likely evolve and change results anyway (though hopefully not negatively as you have seen with the AD600B and V860II combination).

44. Cata 1 day ago

Thanks for the reply. It is frustrating that we can not use different tipes of strobes, in same time, with TCM function :|.