Further expanding the Flashpoint R2 & Godox X 2.4GHz flash system to support, Canon, Nikon, Sony, M4/3, Fuji, and now Pentax Camera systems.
And the R2 Pro-P are available for pre-order now from Adorama for $69.00.
With a large clear dot matrix LCD screen displaying all 5 groups at simultaneously, and individual dedicated groups buttons, the Pro transmitter provides a large improvement over previous R2 / X1 transmitters.
SIGNIFICANT NEW FEATURES INCLUDE –
- Large Dot Matrix LCD Screen Displaying 5 Groups
- 5 Individual Dedicated Group Buttons
- Display Zoom – Displays One Group Larger with More Details
- TCM Function – TTL – CONVERT – MANUAL
- Flash Head Zoom Control Interface – by Group
- Modelling Light Control – by Group (Currently On / Off Only)
- Global Adjustment of Group Power Levels (ALL Button)
- Large Graphic Menu System with Multiple Custom Functions
The Pro transmitter now provides the option of working with up to 5 groups of lights – A / B / C / D / E, in a mixed Group Mode style environment, where TTL and Manual groups can be mixed together, and individual groups can easily be switched On and Off.
There is also the option of controlling up to 16 Groups in Manual mode (A-F & 0-9), corresponding with XTR-16/s radio receivers.
With dedicated individual group buttons, adjusting each group is now very simple, fast and intuitive.
And at the press of a button the Pro transmitter provides the option of switching back and forth from multiple group display, to a larger single group display showing more details.
FLASHPOINT R2 PRO / GODOX XPRO FEATURES
- Godox / Flashpoint 2.4GHz Radio System
- Range – 100m +
- Flash Modes – TTL / M / Multi
- TCM – TTL – CONVERT – MANUAL
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Second Curtain Sync
- FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 Stops)
- FEL (Flash Exposure Lock)
- Manual Flash – 1/256 – 1/1 Output (1/3rd Increments)
- Global ALL Group Power Adjustment
- Remote Flash Zoom by Group
- Remote Modeling Light Control
- Group Mode – A / B / C / D / E (5 Groups)
- Manual Mode – A – F & 0 – 9 (16 Groups)
- 32 Channels
- Wireless ID 01-99
- Compatible with All Godox & Flashpoint 2.4GHz Flash System
- Large Dot Matrix LCD Display with Adjustable Back Light
- Zoom Display – Displays One Groups Larger With Details
- Modeling flash
- Auto Memory Function
- AF Assist light (With an On/Off Switch)
- Wireless Shutter Release
- Type-C USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
- 2.5mm Sync Port – Input & Output
- Powered by 2 AA Batteries
Another significant feature now provided with the Pro transmitter is the new TCM function.
TCM stands for TLL – CONVERT – MANUAL.
This is Godox and Flashpoint’s version of Hybrid or Fusion TTL, where its now possible to take a shot in TTL mode to attain a correct exposure very quickly, and then at the press of a button convert those TTL power levels to display on the transmitter as Manual power levels.
The manual power levels can then be further refined, and provide consistent exposures for further shots in the same set up and environment.
The TCM function can provide a large advantage when operating in a fast paced environment, allowing a base setting to be gained very quickly without manually metering lights. Switching to manual the individual power levels can then be refined as needed, and exposures remain constant for subsequent images.
Other features include a flash Zoom control screen, and a large graphic menu with custom functions –
The Pro transmitter provides similar range and reliability to the original R2 and XT transmitters, and also currently use the same AF assist light, and regular screw locking foot.
A shutter release function is provided, as well as a Type-C USB port for firmware updated, and a 2.5mm sync port.
And the Pro transmitter is once again powered by 2 regular AA batteries.
(Canon version foot shown below).
At the time of release the following Pentax cameras models have been tested compatible by Godox –
FLASHPOINT R2 PRO/ GODOX XPRO SPECS
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The R2 Pro-P / Xpro-P for Pentax are available for Pre-order now from $69.00 –
Flashpoint – Website
Godox – Website
Flashpoint / Godox – System Overview