The 600Ws Rapid 600 feature very fast 0.9 second full power recycle times, as well as separate Stable Color, and Speed Priority Modes, with motion freezing flash durations going down to an impressive 1/28000s at minimum power.
The Rapid 600 also provide HSS to 1/8000s shutter speeds, currently with Canon, Nikon, and Sony cameras, when using a corresponding HSS enabled transmitter unit (or master enabled speedlite).
The Rapid 600 provide impressive features and value for money in their own right.
Though with fully compatible Flashpoint / Godox 2.4GHz remote manual radio system built inside, the Rapid 600 are also likely to be the obvious AC powered studio light choice for current owners of the popular and ever expanding system of Flashpoint R2 / Godox portable flashes and speedlites –
FLASHPOINT RAPID 600 FEATURES
- 600Ws – GN 183 ft (ISO 100, Standard Reflector)
- AC Powerd, 110V – 120V (USA Power Supply)
- 150W Modelling Light (5% – 100% Adjustment)
- Fan Cooled
- Bowens S-Type Mount
- Flash Modes – Manual / Multi
- HSS to 1/8000th (with Canon / Nikon / Sony)
- Second Curtain Sync
- Manual Flash – 1/128 – 1/1 (1/10th Increments)
- Speed, Stable Color, and HSS Modes
- Flash Duration (T.1) – 1/316s – 1/28948s (in Speed Mode)
- Color Temperature – 5600K +/- 200K (in Stable Color Mode)
- Recycle Times – 0.05 – 0.9s
- Flashpoint R2 / Godox 2.4GHz X System Radio Receiver Built-in
- Canon / Nikon / Sony / and Single Firing Pin Compatible
- Range – 100m + with X1 as Transmitter
- 16 Groups – A / B / C / D / E / F, and 0 – 9
- 32 Channels
- Supports Flashpoint 2.4GHz R2 TTL and R2T 32 (Godox X1, XT-32, and XT-16) Transmitter Units
- Supports Legacy Flashpoint R1 and R1 HSS (Godox FT-16) Remote Manual Trigger System
- S1 & S2 Optic Slave Mode
- LCD Display
- Flash Delay / Mask Function
- C.Fn Custom Functions
- Auto Memory Function
- USB Communication Port (For FTR-16 & XTR-16 Receivers)
- 3.5mm Sync Port
When set directly on the flash, the Rapid 600 provide precision digital power control in 0.1 stop increments.
Though the strobe can also automatically adapt to the power scale used by various transmitter units (which is often in 0.3 stop increments for the portable strobe range).
And Flashpoint have also released the new Remote Manual and HSS enabled R2T 32 transmitter units (Godox XT32), which provide a selection of power scale options, including the fine 0.1 stop increments.
The Canon version R2T 32 are currently available at the time of writing this, though Nikon, Sony, and universal single firing pin versions of the transmitter will eventually follow.
Flashpoint R2 TTL transmitters are also currently available for Canon, Nikon, and Sony, though. Also providing HSS and remote manual power control with the Rapid 600 (and Flashpoint / Godox 2.4GHz flash systems).
The Flashpoint Rapid 600 have all the same internals, functions, and features, as Godox’s QT600IIM strobes, though Flashpoint have managed to wrangle the arguably more sleek Godox “Quicker II” version of the strobe, otherwise only available for the Chinese domestic market.
This provides a more round case, with an angled rear panel and LCD display which is slightly easier to read from bellow the strobe. And a lower profile rear handle design.
The Rapid 600 and Godox QT600IIM strobes are otherwise functionally the same, though it should be noted that the Rapid 600 are only available in the 110-120V version for the North American market. (Where the QT600IIM are also available in a 200-240V version).
As well as very fast 0.05 – 0.9s recycle times, and the option of motion freezing flash durations, the Rapid 600 provide a 150W modelling lamp, with 5% – 100% adjustment, which is another advantage over more location oriented strobes like the XPLOR 600.
A glass dome is supplied to protect the Rapid’s flash tube, and a standard S-type accessory mount is provided.
And once again Flashpoint also provide a very functional semi hard case (with shoulder strap included) allowing good space for accessories.
Although not as nimble (or quite as economical) as more dedicated portable strobes like the XPLOR 600, the Rapid 600 can be combined with Flashpoint’s PowerStation PS-800 (Godox LP-800x) battery power supply for location use (currently available for $599).
This combination for example would likely be hard to match elsewhere currently for shooting rapidly in High Speed Sync mode.
FLASHPOINT RAPID 600 SPECS
- Wireless Option
- Slave – On/Off
- Flash Duration
- High Speed Mode = 1/1316s – 1/28984s
Stable Color Mode = 1/316s – 1/4246s
- Internal Thermal Fan
- Recycle Tone
- Select On/Off Beep
- Modeling Lamp
- Slave Trigger
- S1 or S2
- 16 groups – 0~9, A~F
- Mask Mode
- First or Second flash trigger
- R2 2.4GHz System
- Sync Trigger
- 3.5mm jack, PC sync, wireless port
- Recycle Time
- Approx. 0.05 – 0.9s
- Output Levels
- M = 1/128 ~ 1/1
Multi = 1/128 ~ 1/8
HSS = 1/16 ~ 1/1
- Flash Duration Display
- Color Temperature
- Stable Color Mode = 5600K = +/-200K
High Speed Mode = 5400K – 9000K
HSS Mode = 4600K – 5000K
- Multiflash Mode
- Max to 99X with 30 freq.
- 6.6lb / 3.0kg
- Guide Number
- 183ft (ft – 100ISO)
- Delay Mode
- 0.01 ~ 30s
- Reverse Graphical LCD
- Flash Modes
- Sync Modes
- HSS (to 1/8000s), First and Second Curtain Sync
- Reception Range
- 50m to 100m / 164ft to 328ft
- 5.5in/14cm diam., 14.0in/35.5cm length (w/bulb)
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Flashpoint Rapid 600 HSS are available now from Adorama for $599.
Flashpoint – Website
Flashpoint – R2 TTL Transmitter
Flashpoint – R2T 32 Transmitter