Flashpoint have announced two exceptionally budget friendly remote manual AC powered monolights, with built-in R2 2.4GHz radio receivers.
Providing an S-type mount, 150W halogen modelling light, and stable power output, the Flashpoint studio 300 and 400 monolights will combine nicely with the full range of Flashpoint R2 / Godox X System enabled strobes and transmitter units.
Power range is limited to 4 stops though – 1/1 to 1/16 (albeit with fine 0.1 stop graduations). So for smaller table top photography etc the lower priced 300Ws version may actually provide a better choice (allowing lower minimum light output).
And these strobes all now have proportional modeling light control (follows the flash power level setting) available for the first time.
FLASHPOINT STUDIO 300 / 400 MONOLIGHT FEATURES
- Power – 300Ws / 400Ws
- Guide Number 58m / 65m (ISO 100)
- Modelling Light – 150W Halogen
- Modelling light Control – Manual 5%-100%, and Proportional
- Flash Modes – Manual
- Manual Power – 1/16 – 1/1 (or 6.0 to 10.0) (0.1 Increments)
- FlashPoint R2 2.4GHz / Godox X System Radio
- Radio Slave Mode – Universal Remote Manual
- Range – 100m + with X1 as Transmitter
- Groups – 16 – A-F & 0-9
- 32 Channels
- S1 / S2 Optic Slave Modes
- Flash Duration – 1/2000s – 1/800s
- Color Temperature – 5600 +/- 200k
- Recycle Time 0.4 – 2.5 / 3 Seconds
- Large LED Display
- Auto Memory Function
- Wireless Control Port
- 3.5mm Sync Port
- Power Source – AC 200-240V / 50Hz, or AC 100-120V / 60Hz
- Dimensions – Diameter 12.7cm, Height 20.6cm, Length 34cm / 38cm (inc. lamp cover)
- Weight – 1.9kg / 2.1kg
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
Flashpoint – Website