And the Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 are available now from Adorama for $259.
When used off camera the Round Head Speedlight provides a more natural circular flash pattern and light fall off than traditional rectangular head speedlights.
The Li-on X R2 / Godox V1 are the follow up to the popular Flashpoint Zoom Li-on R2 TTL / Godox V860II Lithium-ion powered speedlites, and once again provide a radio Master mode which will control the full range of lights in the Flashpoint R2 / Godox X 2.4GHz radio flash system.
UPDATE – All Canon, Nikon, Sony, M4/3, Fuji, and Pentax, versions of the Zoom Li-on X R2 / Godox V1 are now available to order.
Along with the new Round Head the Zoom Li-on X R2 / Godox V1 speedlites also provide numerous improved features over the previous Zoom Li-on R2 TTL / Godox V860II –
SIGNIFICANT NEW FEATURES INCLUDE
- Round Head For Pleasing Circular Light Pattern
- Magnetic Modifier Mount – Compatible with AK-R1 & H200R
- SMD LED Modelling Light In Flash Head
- Backward Tilting Flash Head (30 Degrees Backward)
- Lever Locking Flash Foot
- New Battery With More Reliable 2 x 18650 Lithium-ion Cells
- Improved Recycle Time (Around 1.5 Seconds @ Full Power)
- Compact USB-C Battery Charger
- Lazer AF Assist Light, And SMD LED Light
- USB Port Updated to USB-C
- Main Dial D-Pad Function – Fast Access & Power Adjustments
- Improved Interface and Direct Access to Groups
- 1/10th Stop Power Level Increments & Minimum 1/256th Power
- TCM Function (Not Available In Radio Master Mode)
- Channel Scan Function For Best Radio Performance
- Advanced Optic Wireless Modes Removed (Navigate Modes Faster)
FLASHPOINT ZOOM LI-ON X R2 TTL / GODOX V1 FEATURES
- GN 28m (ISO 100, 50mm Zoom)
- SMD LED Modelling Light
- Godox Magnetic Modifier Mount
- Powered by 7.2V, 2600mAh, 18Wh, Li-ion Battery
- Approx 480 Full Power Flashes Per Battery Charge
- Approx 1.5 Second Full Power Recycle Time
- Flash Mode – ETTL /M / Multi
- HSS to 1/8000th
- 1st Curtain Sync / 2nd Curtain Sync
- FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 stops)
- Manual Flash – 1/256 – 1/1 output control (1/10th increments)
- Flash Zoom 28 – 105mm
- Radio Master & Slave Modes for Flaspoint R2 / Godox X Radio System
- Auto Sensing Canon / Nikon / Sony / M 4/3 / Fuji / Pentax TTL Radio Slave Modes
- Radio Master 3 Remote Groups – B / C / D (A is the On-Camera Flash Group with Canon)
- Radio Slave 5 Groups – A / B / C / D / E
- 32 Channels
- Range to 100 m
- S1 and S2 Optic Slave Modes
- Head Swivel – 330° (150° Left, 180° Right)
- Head Tilt – 7° to 120° ( 30° Backward)
- Flash Duration (t0.1) – 1/300s – 1/20,000s
- Color Stability – 5600 ± 200K
- Large Dot Matrix LCD Screen
- Lazer AF Assist Light
- Lever Lock Foot Clamp
- Sound Prompt
- Custom Functions
- Settings Memory
- Overheat Protection
- USB-C Port for Firmware Updates
- 2.5mm Sync Port
- Size – 76 X 93 X 197mm
- Weight – 534g (18.8 oz) With Battery
Although there is always room for improvement, the Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 / Godox V1 Master interface now provides a much better user experience than previous models.
With Groups now have direct access with a button assigned to each Group.
The Main Dial also includes a new D-Pad function providing direct access to more functions, and faster adjustment of power levels.
(Pressing the top or bottom of the dial make fast complete stop adjustments).
The Flash head can now also tilt 30° backward, saving the time of swiveling the head all the way around.
Head Swivel is a little more limited at 330° though (150° Left, 180° Right).
And the built-in SMD LED modelling light provides 10 manually adjustable power levels.
Possibly the most convenient feature of the Li-on X R2 / V1, is the magnetic accessory mount compatible with the AK-R1 Gel and Modifiers.
These are also compatible with the EVOLV / AD200 H200R Round Head.
External ports supplied are the 2.5mm Sync port, and USB-C for firmware upgrades.
There is no longer a communication port for the older XTR-16s radio receivers included.
The new 7.2V, 2600mAh, 18Wh, Li-ion Battery is comprised of two 186500 cells, which have proven to be very reliable in the larger strobes.
The supplied battery charger is also now a USB-C charger, which can fully recharge the battery in 3.5 hours.
(For people wanting to use a mains power outlet, USB to mains power adapters are widely available).
FLASHPOINT ZOOM LI-ON X R2 TTL / GODOX V1 SPECS
GN – 92 ft / 28 meters @ISO 100 50mm zoom
Flash Exposure Control – ETTL, Manual Flash, Remote ETTL (Master or Slave, with Groups) using the Integrated R2 Radio System, HSS
Lens Coverage – 28-105 mm with automatic or manual zoom control, Wider with Round Head Accessory Kit
R2 Radio Range – >330ft / 100m
R2 Radio Channels – 32
Triggering Modes – Hot Shoe R2 Radio Controller (integrated) Sync Port Optical Slave S1 Intelligent Optical Slave S2
Bounce Function (Tilt) – 0 to 330° horizontally (180° in any direction) and -7° to 120° vertically
Auto Focus Assist – Auto sense LED. Range 2.0-32.8′
Model Light – SMD LED
Power Source – 7.2V/2600mAh Li-ion polymer battery 2.6Ah 18Wh
Power Control – 1/256th power to full power in 1/10 stop increments
Recycle Time – < 1.5 seconds
Full power flashes per charge – Approx. 480
Flash Duration – 1/300 to 1/20000 seconds
Exposure Compensation Range – ± 3 stops in 1/3 of a stop increments
Dimensions – 3.0 X 3.6 X 7.75″ / 76 X 93 X 197mm
Weight with battery – 18.8 oz / 534g
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 TTL / Godox V1 are available now from $259 –
Canon – Adorama, Amazon, UK, B&H Photo, Ebay
Nikon – Adorama, Amazon, UK, B&H Photo, Ebay
Sony – Adorama, Amazon, UK, B&H Photo, Ebay
M4/3 – Adorama, Amazon, UK, B&H Photo, Ebay
Fuji – Adorama, Amazon, UK, B&H Photo, Ebay
Pentax – Adorama, Amazon, UK, B&H Photo, Ebay
AK-R1 Magnetic Accessory Kit –
Flashpoint – Website
Godox – Website