After a very long wait, Flashpoint and Godox TTL and HSS support will soon be available for Micro Four Thirds cameras, with the release of the Flashpoint Zoom Mini R2 TTL Speedlite for Olympus and Panasonic!
Most significantly the Zoom Mini R2 TTL (and Godox TT350-O) provide a 2.4GHz radio Master mode, which can fire and control the complete Flashpoint and Godox 2.4GHz Flash System.
Which finally opens up the Olympus and Panasonic Micro Four Thirds camera system to a range of popular large and small off camera strobes, with full TTL and HSS supported!
NOTE – Many of the current flash units will also require a user installed firmware update to add the Olympus / Panasonic radio slave mode (at least for TTL use).
A stand alone transmitter unit for Olympus / Panasonic will be available later in the year. And as Flashpoint and Godox are currently in the process of developing a new X2 transmitter, there is a good chance the Olympus / Panasonic version may go straight to the new design once ready.
The Zoom Mini R2 TTL provide simple control for 3 remote slave groups, with a radio range of approximately 30 meters.
Powered by just 2 AA batteries, and providing a guide number of 36 meters (ISO 100, @105mm).
Recycle times are from approximately 0.1 – 2.2 seconds, and provide up to 210 full power pops per battery charge.
FLASHPOINT ZOOM MINI TTL FEATURES
- GN 36m (ISO 100 @ 105mm)
- Powered by 2 x AA batteries
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Flash Mode – TTL /M / Multi
- 1st Curtain Sync / 2nd Curtain Sync
- FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 stops)
- Manual Flash – 1/128 – 1/1 output control (1/3rd increments)
- Flash Zoom 24 – 105mm
- Radio Master & Slave Modes for Flashpoint R2 / Godox 2.4GHz X Radio System
- 3 Remote Groups A / B / C
- 16 Channels
- Range to 30m
- S1 and S2 Optic Slave Modes
- Recycle Time: 0.1 – 2.2 Seconds
- 210 Full Power Flashes (using 2500mAh Ni-MH Batteries)
- Head Tilt/Swivel: -7 – 90 Degree Tilt, 0 – 270 Degree Swivel
- Backlit LCD Screen
- Sound Prompt
- Custom Functions
- Settings Memory
- Overheat Protection
- USB Port for Firmware Updates
The Zoom Mini R2 TTL feature a USB port for firmware updates, now located inside the battery compartment.
Though a communication port for legacy clip on external radio receivers is not included in the compact speedlite. There is also no PC sync port provided.
FLASHPOINT ZOOM MINI TTL SPECS
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Flashpoint Zoom Mini TTL R2 Speedlite for Olympus and Panasonic are available now from $84.95 –
Flashpoint – Website
Godox – Website