The Q20 are a simple, remote manual, Guide Number 20, speedlite, with 2.4GHz FlashQ radio receiver built inside. And the foot of the flash is actually a FlashQ radio transmitter unit as well.
So the Q20 can be used both on the camera hotshoe, as well as for wireless off camera flash use. By simply sliding the Q20 off its base, leaving that as the tiny transmitter unit on the camera hotshoe.
Despite great success with the FlashQ radio triggers, the Q20 flash previously failed to attain sufficient backing through crowd funding. LightPix Labs have managed to push on though and make their Q20 flash vision a reality anyway.
LightPix Labs have even managed to even incorporate remote manual power control into the Q20 flash, using the existing FlashQ transmitter’s tiny interface.
Simply press the FlashQ’s Power and Test buttons to bump power levels up an down on the flash. In 7 full stop adjustments (1/128 to 1/1).
The retro inspired Guide Number 20 flash also features a tilting flash head, built-in gel holder, S1 and S2 Optic Slave modes, and even an adjustable LED light.
All in a very compact unit weighing just 115 grams.
A built in gel holder slot makes gelling the Q20 easy.
And an LED video or modelling light is provided with 7 levels of power adjustment.
FLASHQ Q20 SPECIFICATIONS
- Guide Number 20 (at ISO 100)
- Focal length coverage: 32mm (on 35mm format)
- Manual flash power ratio control (7 steps adjustable, 1/128 to 1/1)
- LED video light (7 steps adjustable, Max. 60 lux output at 1m)
- 2.4GHz low-power digital radio (FlashQ receiver) inside Q20 main body
- 10 meters wireless operating range
- Tilt-capable flash head, up to 90° and with click-stops at 0°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°
- Other functions: S1 / S2 optical slave, modeling light (LED)
- Two AA-size alkaline / Ni-MH batteries power source
- Recycling time (1/1 full power output) : 7 sec. by fresh alkaline batteries /
6 sec. by Ni-MH batteries
- Number of flashes : 100 – 2000 flashes by fresh alkaline batteries
- LED lighting time: approx. 3 hours (at full power LED output and by Ni-MH batteries)
- Flash color temperature : 5600K±200K (same as daylight)
- LED color temperature : 5500K±300K
- Dedicated socket for FlashQ transmitter attachment
- Dimensions : 59(W) x 92(H) x 29(D) mm (with FlashQ transmitter attached)
- Weight : 115g (without battery)
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The FlashQ Q20 flash units are available now from LightPix Labs from $89.
LightPix Labs – Website
FlashQ – Trigger Review