GODOX AD200 WITSTRO – Cordless TTL Strobe Released

GODOX AD200

Godox have started releasing images of the soon to be announced Godox AD200 Witstro cordless strobe.

The AD200 are a 200Ws cordless Lithium-ion powered TTL and HSS enabled strobe with Godox 2.4GHz X-system radio receiver built inside (currently for Canon, Nikon, and Sony).

GODOX AD200

Being dedicated off camera flashes (they have no hotshoe) the AD200 provide similar compact size of a speedlite though with some added power.

While also featuring an interchangeable flash head which provides the option of either bare bulb or traditional speedlite fresnel head.

GODOX AD200

The AD200 can be mounted via a 1/4″ 20 threaded mounting hole on either side of the flash (allowing landscape or portrait orientation when using the speedlite head).

GODOX AD200

GODOX WITSTRO AD200 FEATURES

• Power – 200Ws
  • Bare Bulb Head – GN 60m, ISO 100 (AD360 reflector)
  • Speedlite Head – GN 52m ISO 100
  • Flash Modes – TTL / M / Multi
  • FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 Stops)
  • FEL (Flash Exposure Lock)
  • Godox 2.4GHz X Radio System
  • Canon, Nikon, Sony, Radio Slave Modes (Auto Switching)
  • Range – 100m + with X1 as Transmitter
  • Groups – A / B / C / D / E
  • S1/S2 Optic Slave Modes
  • Flash Duration Frensel Head – 1/220s – 1/13000s
  • Flash Duration Speedlite Head – 1/220s – 1/11300s
  • Color Temperature – 5600 +/- 200k
  • 14.4V 2900mAh Lithium-ion Battery
  • 520 Full Power Flashes
  • 0.01 – 2.1 Second Recycle Time
  • Custom Functions
  • LED Modelling Light (Fresnel Head Only)
  • USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
  • 3.5mm Sync Port

More detail coming as they become available.

Godox AD200

GODOX AD200

GODOX AD200

UPDATE – Adorama now have the Flashpoint version eVOLV 200 TTL available for pre-order now for $329.95.

GODOX AD200

The Godox AD200 / eVOLV 200 are available now from $299 –

Adorama, Ebay, Amazon, UK

Godox – Website

1. Chad Philp 2 months ago

Does this kit come with the trigger?
    If not, which ones will work and how much do they cost?

Hi Chad,

Some sellers will likely offer bundle deals with a transmitter included, though the strobe itself does not normally come with a transmitter.

If you want the full TTL capability, you will need the Godox X1T / Flashpoint R2 transmitter. And they are available in Canon, Nikon, or Sony, versions.

There is also the XT-32, and XT-16 transmitters which are Remote Manual only, though the XT-32 still provide HSS.

There is more information on the Godox System Overview here. I’m working on updating that to include the AD200 etc.

2. Tim Parker 2 months ago

Can I trigger the Godox Witstro AD200 with a pocket wizard?

Hi Tim,

Yes as long as you attach a PocketWizard receiver to that flash via sync cord (3.5mm miniphone plug).

3. Mr. Paul Ellis 2 months ago

Elvis, how do you think these compare directly to the AD180 in light output, battery power, recycling time (compared with the Y-cord) and number of pops? The AD200 is a very neat package and looks to me to be much quicker to set up than the AD180.

Hi Paul,

I don’t have an AD180 here to compare directly now. Though more of the problem a the moment is the people are reporting quite different power results with their sample units. So I really need to wait for some production units to get a more accurate idea. Godox could easily use a different flash bulb or even dial the power up down in the flash.

The AD200 recycle time is a little better than the AD360II with Y cord, so its definitely not going to match the AD180 with Y cord. That’s the trade off though for a much simpler compact unit.

My sample is only 0.3 stops behind the AD360II though, so in that case there is hardly any trade off at all. Recycle is almost equal at the same power output.

4. Chris McCooey 2 months ago

How the heck do you attach a softbox to these?

5. zoltandezoltan 2 months ago

As I understand, there is no option to attach PB960 external battery pack to the AD200, it that right?

• zoltandezoltan 2 months ago

Also, any news on how much an extra battery will cost for the AD200?

• Mike 2 months ago

no external battery option

Flash Havoc 1 month ago

Hi Zoltan,

No there is no external HV battery port provided with the AD200.

There is one WB29 battery listed on Ebay for $64.95, so that may at least be some indication of the price.

6. Robert Montoya 2 months ago

It look like adorama Flashpoint eVOLV 200 will ship 4/4/2017

Flash Havoc 1 month ago

Great thanks Robert!

7. Joel Richards 2 months ago

Wish the flash head was zoomable (even manually). Do you know if Godox plans to release any at different zoom settings? Or a swappable fresnel lens?

Flash Havoc 1 month ago

Hi Joel,

Godox originally mentioned a number of accessories they were considering, and a zoom head was not even on the list unfortunately.

A dual bracket mount was though, and I agreed that would be my priority, though I also explained to them the other main priority (well above the other accessories) would be a zoom head, even if it was manual only.

They came back saying they would do a dual S-type mount (though no confirmation on included a modeling light), and separate flash and LED ring light heads.

So that’s all I know at this stage. And I’ve been pressing them for an upgrade to the V860II or master flash at the moment as well, and still waiting to hear back on that, as well as various things along the way with the transmitter. So I have to give them some time before trying to get some answers on their intentions with the AD200.

Having said all that, a zoom head is so obvious (even if Godox don’t realise it just yet) I think its just a matter of when than if. But when may be quite some time away (if we can’t possibly get them to see reason earlier).

• Jan Niolas 1 month ago

To start with, I want to express my appreciation for your work and engagement with your readers. Thanks!
        When I first read about the AD200 I was quite disappointed when I understood that the ‘normal’ head would not include a zoom function. While I understand some of the thoughts that probably lead to such a decision, I still think Godox missed a huge opportunity leaving such an option out of the concept and the 35mm instead of 24mm doesn’t make things better. (And no, barn doors are not a substitute for zoom). With a zoom head I’d most likely stand in line to buy three or four of these to replace a majority of my strobes.
        The other element I can’t really understand is the limitation of firing the flash only when fully charged. Can you – or somebody else – at least try to explain to me the reason for such a limitation? Why shouldn’t I be able to fire two 1/2 power shots in rapid succession?
        3rd Could you comment on the connection between head[s] and body? Very prone to dust/slight humidity?
        Thanks, j.

Flash Havoc 1 month ago

Hi Jan,

Thanks for that.

I think the reason Godox would have chosen the 35mm is because they had to provide a balance between output and light spread/angle, while retaining a similar output to the standard reflector.

Strobes don’t generally fire before they are fully recycled so that you know you’re going to get consistent light output at a certain power level etc. Though some speedlites do allow you to fire a little earlier than full recycle.

For an off camera flash like the AD200 it wouldn’t hurt to have a separate mode allowing you to fire early, though it would want to be an option you can choose to turn on or off. I would guess where the feature may be more of a challenge to implement is when you start wanting to choosing a point where the output would be too low to waste the flash firing at all (when it could otherwise be recycling in that time to a usable level instead).

The AD200 head connection is somewhat like a scaled down version of the AD600 battery connection. The electrical contacts are quite course (passing a fair amount of current to the flash tube etc) so they are not really fine electronics contacts. I don’t think dust and humidity will generally be an issue there.

• bob 1 month ago

What sense does it make to fire when half charged? if you are metering and want consistent light you want the same amount each time.

Mike

• Greg 1 month ago

Sometimes you’ll go several seconds without a photo opportunity, and then need a few shots very quickly – this is pretty common when shooting an indoor sport. If you’re in manual mode and shooting at (say) 1/4 power, you can technically get 4 shots off very rapidly without depleting the charge on the capacitor, each one at the selected output level. I make use of this feature all the time with my AD360.

If you needed to wait the full recharge time between shots regardless of power level, there wouldn’t be much advantage to selecting a lower power level other than possibly DoF control. In sports shoots, the DoF is already pretty narrow as it is.

• Mike 1 month ago

But the flash does not fully discharge if shooting less than full power i.e. you only have to replace the charge that has been used which is why recharging at lower powers is almost instantaneous.

Mike

• Paul R 1 month ago

Thanks very much for all the info. Dual bracket sounds great. Will there be a new single bracket? I hear that the AD200 is a tight fit for the old bracket.

Flash Havoc 1 month ago

Hi Paul,

I would imagine Godox will refine the standard S-type bracket again over time (there have been a number of versions already believe it or not), though I don’t know if they will rush into it as the AD200 does fit, its just a bit tight.

That’s easy to fix though anyway, all you have to do is take a pair of scissors and cut a couple of millimeters off the top edges off the top clamp’s rubber cover, so the clamp can raise a little higher. Then the AD200 slides right through no problems.

That’s definitely worth doing, as its far more enjoyable to use the strobes when you’re not struggling to push them in and out of brackets all the time. A simple change that makes a big difference.

• Paul R 1 month ago

Thanks very much

8. Harold 1 month ago

I agree that a zoom head should be a priority for Godox, even a fixed coverage of 20-24mm would be preferable to the current 35mm coverage for quick setups with umbrellas.

9. stoian penov 1 month ago

Hi , can we compare ad200 with profoto B2

• alastair lever 1 month ago

Excellent, was hoping they would offer a bare bulb only option.
      Just ordered one.

Flash Havoc 1 month ago

Ok thanks, the listing didn’t last long though.

Godox did say they would try and provide single head kits at a lower price later. Though no one else appears to have any available at this stage.

10. Ken 1 month ago

Do we have any data on how this compares to the AD360 in terms of measured output? Ed at Cheetahstand said (I think) that it output only 1/3 stop less light than the AD360. If that can be confirmed that, to me, would be a pretty darn solid performance for a less powerful light and much, Much improved form factor. Especially when you could put a dual 1/4-20 thread screw between 2 of these to mount them together and have a pretty serious portable light.

• bob 1 month ago

From my tests it all depends on the light modifier used and i have seen between 8/10 and 4/10 difference

Flash Havoc 1 month ago

Hi Ken,

Please see my original comment here.

Also see this comment regarding the AD600 comparison.

I’m getting around 1/3rd of a stop less that the AD360II with the AD200 sample I have, though there have been a number of conflicting results up to 0.8 stops less from various people with AD200 samples.

So we will have to wait and hear what more people say with the production units. And I don’t want to jump into the early units available from China because Godox may revise things after the early batches (if anything likely going more conservative possibly lowering output). I’ll likely wait and buy Flashpoint versions at this stage.

You could actually fit 4 of these on the smaller 16″ Phottix Multi Boom. With Fresnel heads and a double fold umbrella that would be an incredibly compact hand held set up which would blow away an AD600 (likely even with 1200Ws remote head). And also split up into a full 4 light kit.

• Ken 1 month ago

WoW, I hadn’t seen your Original Comment you linked to! OR the other one for that matter. Really great stuff. I think I might buy one of these instead of a replacement AD600. At least for now.

11. Francesco 1 month ago

With bare flash would it be better (i.e. softer light) to use the fresnel head or the bare bulb with the standard ad360 reflector? In the latter case I wonder what would be the use of the fresnel head other than rim light applications….

Flash Havoc 1 month ago

Hi Francesco,

I’m not sure if softer is completely the right term, though the light pattern and fall of from the bare bulb and reflector is a much nicer round pattern with even gradient fall off. So in places where the light pattern can actually bee seen on the background etc the bare bulb is generally a better option.

Provided the light is pretty close to the subject the bare bulb does wrap around a little more, and shadows can have a slightly softer transition.

I think the main purpose of the fresnel head at this stage is just for convenience. The bare bulb is a bit larger and more delicate, and you need to carry the larger reflectors etc. For people trying to travel as light and compact as practical the fresnel head will certainly help. Even wedding photographers may prefer the fresnel heads for convenience, if they are just going to be bounced off the ceiling in a reception etc anyway.

Obviously a zoom head would be a different story, that could have quite an advantage of not having to carry a large long throw reflector for the bare bulb. (SMDV made a nice compact long throw reflector for their strobe, though its still quite big).

12. Bob B. 1 month ago

So..if I use an X1-C transmitter with my Canon 5D III with an AD200 …I get full functionality (i.e. TTL, HSS and all groups, etc) without the need to have a separate receiver for the strobe head, correct?

• bob 1 month ago

Exactly that Bob

Mike

13. Andy 1 month ago

Edward Tang from Cheetahstand just said that they will be custom making a CTS coloured flash tube for the AD200 in Texas. Do you know if that is something that Godox will be doing themselves?

• Ken 1 month ago

CTS tube?

• kennie 1 month ago

CTS means Color Temperature Straw. Straw is more like yellow, so if CTO is not “Hipster” enough …CTS is the new thing to have. ;-)

• Ken 1 month ago

Oh jeez. I’d rather do specialized color grades and split toning or whatever in post. I want gels to match ambient mostly at least. Baking into the original exposure a trendy thing seems not a great idea to me. But, cool that they’ll be able to do things with these modular heads on these units!

Flash Havoc 1 month ago

I think Straw was designed to match sunsets a bit better than regular CTO. (So still something of a color correction gel).

• Ken 1 month ago

Nice. Seems like it wouldn’t be faster than a gel though. Interesting to see where they’re going with this.

14. CK 1 month ago

Is this weather sealed?

Flash Havoc 1 month ago

Hi CK,

No the AD200 are not weather sealed. They have air vents running along the sides near the base.

15. mmmfotografie 1 month ago

I noticed that the going price for the AD200 is 500 euros..Godox has went again wrong with the price like with the AD360II last year. Will they ever learn to be smarter!?

• Andy 1 month ago

where is that price??
      I picked it up from ebay for £255 (and worked out just over €300), and most of the sellers on ebay and amazon are similar

• Memski 1 month ago

It is the Dutch price on cameranu.nl
      Don’t blame it on Godox or the retailer. This al has to do with the import and sale tax and of course the profit margin of the retailer as well.

16. alastair lever 1 month ago

AD200 arrived in post this morning. Charging it now and I’m going to take it along to tomorrows job for a test.

17. Mikko 4 weeks ago

Is there a modelling light for using ad200 with the bare bulb option? These would be a good option to replace my elinchrom studio strobes if there was a modelling light to use with elinchrom bracket and elinchrom softboxes/octaboxes but would be difficult to use without modelling light when shooting wide open in a studio

Flash Havoc 4 weeks ago

Hi Mikko,

I don’t know the exact details yet, though Godox are apparently producing a Bowen’s S-type bracket (to be available soon) with its own built in 20 watt LED modelling light, for use with one or two AD200, something along the lines of the bracket I suggested in this post.

I don’t know of any mention of an Elinchrom mount version though. If the bracket turns out to be all plastic like the current speedlite brackets I would think an Elinchrom version may be possible later. If its using the AD600B metal Bowen’s mount similar to what I suggested I would guess an Elinchrom mount version would be less likely to happen.

18. Mohit Singhal 4 weeks ago

How I Will charge the Lithium Battery? Do They Will provide The Charger Or We Have to Buy It From Somewhere Else. And is it Safe to buy This From amazon.
    And Is it Compatible with the Canon Mark 4?
    I Am from India.
    Reply As Soon As Possible.
    I have to order it.

Flash Havoc 4 weeks ago

Hi Mohit,

I think the flashes should all come with a charger, I’m not aware of any kits available without a charger.

If you can purchase from an “Amazon Fulfilled” seller that’s easiest to return / exchange the flash etc if there are any issues.

Yes the transmitters and flashes are compatible with the Canon 5D Mark 4.

19. Job 4 weeks ago

Hi…

If im going to use a pocket wizard III is this compatible with fujifilm x cameras? Specially the HSS function…

Flash Havoc 4 weeks ago

Hi Job,

If you want HSS you would need to use something like the Cactus V6 II transmitter and mount your PocketWizard transmitter on top of the V6 II. If you’re not firing other flashes with the PocketWizards at the same time, then you could skip those and just mount a Godox transmitter like the XT16 or XT32 on top of the V6 II.

Another option just available from Roboshoot, provides full TTL and HSS if you mount the Godox X1 tranmsitter on top of their MX-20 transmitter.

The third option would be to wait for Godox to release their Fuji TTL gear. As far as I understand the Fuji version TT350 speedlite should be coming in the next few months. The larger flashes and transmitters would follow later in the year. The TT350 should have a master mode though.

20. Jesse Patterson 3 weeks ago

I just found out the umbrella adapter from the Godox AD-S6 does not fit on my eVOLV 200. Has anyone else had that issue? I wonder if there will be an adapter specifically for the AD200.

• Teo 3 weeks ago

Yes I can confirm. I’m tested after your request and the umbrella adapter AD-s6 does not fit on my AD200. Its looks like the head is need a little trim to feed the adapter

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

I see what you mean, the AD200 head is shaped slightly differently. I haven’t heard anything about a new umbrella adapter, though I’ll see what I can find out.

• Teo 3 weeks ago

I manage to trim a lower side of the adapter with a dremel so now can sit higher on the head and adding a little space to the hall where is the bolt. Now is okay, it doesn’t look very professional but is doing the job. If you want to try, in your own risk. I have a second adapter that’s why I took the risk

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Thanks Teo,

Using the swivel umbrella mount also kind of works with the umbrella reflector. Really the reflector needs a new hole drilled then for the umbrella shaft to line up properly though.

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

UPDATE – The Flashpoint eVOLV 200‘s have arrived, and the power is the same as my original Godox AD200 sample.

So only 0.3 stops less than the AD360II in the same 38″ Glow ParaPop.

And just one stop behind the AD600B / XPLOR if I push the eVOLV an inch further into the softbox.

• Ken 3 weeks ago

That is pretty brilliant. Especially if they make a bracket to mount 2 of these in.

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Yes Godox are making a dual S-type bracket at the moment, and apparently it will have a built-in 20 watt LED modelling light.

I still haven’t seen the details of the design, and I really hope they get this right, because it could potentially make a major difference to the practicality of these strobes for some time to come.

• alexis hoang 3 weeks ago

Hello, being able to add a second AD200 will win 1 stop, is that right?

• Jay 3 weeks ago

Is that with the bare bulb or fresnel head?
      So, the Godox AD200 with a wattage of 200ws is fairly closely (.3 stops) comparable to the power of a Godox AD360? If ws reported are true, how could that possible? I’m more curious than anything.

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Yes that’s with the bare bulb head.

I’m not familiar with the calculations, though from the size of the capacitors in each flash others are saying the real comparison appears to be something more like 180Ws Vs 307Ws. And from 200Ws to 300Ws is a third of a stop, so the results are somewhat understandable.

I may also be alone on this, though I have two older AD360 where their flash tubes provide 0.3 stops more light than the two AD360II I have. So the AD200 are 0.6 stops behind the AD360/AD360II with old flash tubes installed.

So maybe that explains why some other people are saying there is around 0.5 stops difference, I have even heard as much as 0.8 stops.

Unless I have just happened to get two AD360II with lower output bulbs though, I would have to assume they have been intentionally downgraded (possibly to allow the extra shots in HSS etc the AD360II provide).

22. Craig 3 weeks ago

My Adorama eVOLV 200 (their rebranded AD200) arrived the other day and I thought I’d share my thoughts on it.

Overall, I’m quite happy with it. Something I absolutely love about this unit is the total size, weight, speed, and power of this unit with the bare bulb head combined with the Godox AD-S7 softbox. Throw in a compact light stand or a small travel tripod and you have a very competent light in a very small package.

The form factor is great. It fills a much needed gap between traditional strobes, which are very portable but have limited power and can be cumbersome to use with light modifiers; units like the AD360, which are more powerful but cumbersome due to separate battery pack and cords; and battery powered monolights like the AD600/XPLOR600 which are self contained and powerful, but much bulkier and heavier.

Probably the closest competitor to the eVOLV 200 is the SMDV BRiHT-360. While I prefer the overall design of the BRiHT-360, the eVOLV has a few things going for it. First, it is significantly less expensive at less than half the price. Next, whereas the eVOLV is compatible with a broad range of other lights from Godox and Adorama, the BRiHT is the lone light in the SMDV lineup. Finally, the diameter of the speedbox mount on the eVOLV (Godox AD-S7) is much smaller than the diameter of the SMDV speedboxes, making the AD-S7 much more compact when packed.

Getting back to the eVOLV 200 features, the option to switch between the included fresnel head and barebulb head is very cool and not just a gimmick in my opinion. The fresnel is more compact, has a built in modeling light, and comes with an excellent set of barndoors. The barebulb is less compact and more delicate, but has some great light modifiers available to use with it.

Unlike the identical Godox AD200, this kit comes with barndoors, grid, and magnetic clip-on gels. The metal barndoors have impressive build quality. The gels are very clever, but I wish it came with a blank gel clip for mounting your own gels. The grid that snaps inside of the barndoors is a thin plastic, but I’m not concerned about it getting damaged since the barndoor flaps protect it when not in use. One thing I don’t like about the barndoors are how hard it is to detach. I was worried I might break the light the first time I took them off. And while I like the magnetic attachment method for the gels, I don’t like that it makes the barndoor attachment significantly wider than the rest of the light.

I’m really happy with the interface of this unit. Clean, decent assortment of features, but most importantly quick and easy to change settings I use most frequently. I find some strobes such as the Godox TT685 overwhelming with all it’s modes which can slow me down in the middle of a shoot. I also like the clearly labeled and easily accessed “reset” function. This can be great if the light isn’t working as expected because of maybe a custom function you forgot you changed. Rather than having to dig through menus, just hold the reset buttons and it’s back to factory settings.

My biggest complaint about this light is the mount design. It has three 1/4″ holes, one on the bottom, one on the side, plus a third one on the side of the barebulb head. While I like that it has multiple attachment points, and 1/4″ threads are better than hotshoe feet, 1/4″ thread is not very secure, especially without some kind of rubber material to help prevent the included stud from unthreading. Especially because the unit is heavier than a traditional strobe, it is prone to coming loose with just a little rotational force.

The included umbrella bracket is nice and small compared to traditional ones, but makes little sense how it attaches. A male spigot threads into one of the light’s 1/4” holes, the spigot goes in the top of the mounting bracket, and then a screw tightens on the spigot. This makes little sense because it makes it difficult to sufficiently tighten the spigot enough to not be prone to loosening from rotational force. And if you do tighten it sufficiently hard, it can be difficult to remove and you then have a spigot sticking out of the light which makes it inconveniently shaped when packing. If they had designed the mounting bracket to prevent rotation like on the BRiHT-360, it would have eliminated this problem. What I did to remedy this was attach an arca swiss plate to mine. It hardly adds any bulk, and it’s very quick to attach/detach to a light stand with an arca swiss compatible ballhead mount on top. It also easily attaches to my tripod now too. You lose the umbrella mounting capability with a ballhead, but if that’s important you can alternatively attach an arca style clamp to an umbrella bracket. What I really wish was if the unit had an integrated arca swiss rail along the entire side of it. Not only would it be more versatile and secure, it would also allow you to adjust how far forward or back the light is mounted for better balance.

Other minor complaints:
    No zoom function on the fresnel head. No modeling light on bare bulb.

Screen and controls are flush on rear panel. Would be nice if there were corner bumpers to protect it like on the BRiHT-360.

Doesn’t come with protective cover for the bare bulb, and the ones available separately are almost an inch longer than they need to be.

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Thanks for the detailed feedback Craig.

They should have put at least two 1/4″ threaded mounting holes next to each other so that you can mount things without them rotating, as well as help spread the load on the mounting points.

I would like to see a more compact S-type bracket specifically designed for these, because that clamping style mount also provides a good safety buffer if a stand goes over. Attaching via the threaded hole you’re bound to crack the flash body in the same situation. Even the current S-type bracket I could shave down quite a bit if not using the pop up softbox ring section. But a dedicated bracket could be quite compact, and with the umbrella mount closer to the flash.

I saw someone had also cut back a standard reflector just to reduce the size, I might experiment with that as well.

It would also be nice if one of the companies made a silicon rubber cover for these strobes, like they make for camera bodies etc.

23. Mark Kitaoka 3 weeks ago

Is there a trick in how to safely remove the barn door attachment from the flash head? Once I placed it on the unit I cannot figure out how to remove it. Thanks

• Hugo G 3 weeks ago

I had to use a flat plastic tool to detach it, like a flat screwdriver … Its too tight for my fingers …

• Mark Kitaoka 3 weeks ago

Thanks I finally pried it up with my fingernails. Not easy!

24. Ej Cabaltera 1 week ago

hi just wanted to know if this will work on fuji system and will the hss work?

can i use cactus v6 trigger

Flash Havoc 7 days ago

Hi Ej Cabaltera,

Eventually the AD200 should work with the Fuji system, and with HSS and TTL.

Though the first Godox transmitter for Fuji (actually a master flash), the TT350F, are only just being released in the next month or so. And then the AD200 will still require a firmware update to provide the Fuji TTL radio slave mode. And we don’t know yet when that firmware update is going to be available.

So you may be best to follow the comments in the TT350F post here, to see how this evolves, and what function the AD200 may have before the firmware update is available.

Regarding the Cactus V6 trigger, they are not directly compatible with the Godox strobes, so you would need a V6 receiver attached to the flash via sync cord (the AD200 has no hotshoe like a speedlite). There would be no remote power control or HSS etc through the V6 triggers then though.

If you meant the Cactus V6 II, and wanting to use HSS with those, then something could be possible by mounting a Godox transmitter on top of the V6 II transmitter mounted on the camera hotshoe.

The Godox system will be much more simply integrated though, so I personally wouldn’t buy V6 II at this stage to use instead of waiting on a Godox Fuji transmitter or master flash unit.

25. Mark Kitaoka 6 days ago

I was able to use one of these units on a commercial shoot today. Remarkable versatility of this unit.

26. Benson 5 days ago

How bright is this relative to speedlights(600ex-rt, sb-910)? About twice? Thx.

• Hugo G 5 days ago

more closely to three times the power of regular speedlites

• Benson 4 days ago

thank you Hugo G. I appreciate it.