The long awaited Godox QT-1200, a 1200WS version of the Godox QT Series fast flash duration studio lights, are now available.
The powerful QT-1200 lights feature very fast recycle times from 0.05 to 1.5 seconds. Allowing up to 10 frames per second.
Using IGBT technology the QT-1200 also provide very fast motion freezing flash durations, from 1/800 to 1/5000 of a second at lower power levels.
- Powerful 1200WS – Guide Number: 110M (ISO 100)
- Fast Recycling Time – 0.05 – 1.5 seconds, up to 10 flashes per second
- Short Flash Durations – 1/5000 – 1/800 of a second
- Color Temp Stability +/- 100k over the entire power range
- Wide Power Range – 1/1 – 1/128 in 50 steps (5.0 – 10.0 in 0.1 increments)
- Remote Manual Power Control
- 150W Adjustable Modelling Light
- Bowens S-Type Mount
- Radio Triggers / Remote also compatible with Godox Witstro and V850 etc.
The QT-1200 are the new big brother to the popular QT-600 previously discussed in more detail here.
Now providing a huge 1200WS, the QT-1200 are quite noticeably 10cm longer than the QT-600 (41cm vs 51cm), and 1.1kg heavier (3kg vs 4.1kg).
Full power recycle time has increased just a small amount from 1.2 seconds to 1.5 (still very fast for powerful 1200WS lights).
The QT-1200 share the same motion freezing short flash duration IGBT technology as the QT-600 and other Godox QT Series lights.
Scaling IGBT flashes up to higher power levels is quite a difficult task, so the QT-1200 are a significant achievement for Godox.
And the QT-1200 (or “Quicker 1200″ as they are branded for the Chinese domestic market) have been proudly exhibited at the recent Shanghai International Wedding Photography Exhibition.
The QT-1200 have the same interface as current QT series lights, and will currently provide remote power control using the same simple FT-16 radio trigger set as the QT-600 and many of Godox’s other popular lights like the Witstro and V850 / V860 speedlites.
- Model: QT1200
- Max Power (WS): 1200WS
- Guide Number(m ISO 100): 110
- Color Temperature: 5600 ± 100K
- Operating Voltage: AC200-240V/50Hz
- Power Output Control: OFF,5.0~10(1/128~1/1)
- Modeling Lamp (W): 150W
- Recycle Time: 0.05 – 1.5 second
- Triggering Method: Sync cord, Test button, Slave triggering, Wireless control port
- Flash Duration: 1/5000s – 1/800s
- Fuse: 10A
- Dimension: Ø140 x 230 x 510mm
The QT-1200 and QT Series flashes are mains powered AC lights, most commonly available in 200 – 240V configuration. Though 100 – 120V versions are also available.
Now offering a fairly different alternative to the popular PCB Einstein E640, its likely the QT-1200 will find their way into US dealers as well.
The QT-1200 should likely also work on location with Godox’s sizable Leadpower LP-800X inverter battery packs.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Godox QT-1200 are available now from around $730 – Ebay.
Godox – QT-600 Overview
Godox – Website