Godox have released the TT685C speedlite for Canon, a fully featured TTL and HSS enabled flash unit with 2.4GHz radio receiver built inside.
The TT685C are the first component of Godox’s long awaited 2.4GHz TTL radio flash system. Also now accompanied by the X1-C TTL triggers.
And Nikon version TT685N Speedlights are also now available.
As well as a fully featured on-camera ETTL flash, the TT685C will act as an ETTL and HSS enabled Radio Master and Slave flash.
As well as Radio Slave flash to the new X1 TTL transmitter unit (mounted on the camera).
Godox X1 receivers can then also combine other Canon ETTL flashes into the system.
The TT685C are also backward compatible with Godox’s Remote Manual FTR-16s receiver units, currently also used with the Ving V850 and V860 flashes. Godox FT-16 and Cells II acting as transmitter units.
GODOX TT685C FEATURES
- GN 60 (m ISO 100)
- Powered by 4 x AA batteries
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Flash Mode – ETTL /M / Multi
- 1st Curtain Sync / 2nd Curtain Sync
- FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 stops)
- Manual Flash – 1/128 – 1/1 output control (1/3rd increments)
- Flash Zoom 20 – 200mm
- Radio Master & Slave Modes for Godox 2.4GHz X Radio System
- Godox Canon / Nikon / Sony TTL Radio Slave Modes
- Compatible with Godox X1T-C, X1T-N, X1T-S, TTL Transmitters, and X1R-C Receivers
- Mater Groups A / B / C / D / E (In GR Mode – Requires 2012 Onwards Cameras)
- Slave Groups A / B / C / D / E
- 32 Channels
- Range to 100 m
- Compatible with Godox XTR-16s Receiver, & XT-32 / XT-16 Transmitters
- Compatible with Godox FTR-16s Receivers, & FT-16 Transmitter
- Optic Master & Slave Modes for Canon Optic Wireless System
- 3 Remote Groups A / B / C
- 4 Channels
- Range – Line of Sight
- S1 and S2 Optic Slave Modes
- Recycle Time: 2.6 Seconds at full power
- Full 360 Degree Swivel, and Tilt Head
- Large Dot Matrix LCD Screen
- AF Assist Light
- Foot Clamping Ring with Locking Pin
- Sound Prompt
- Custom Functions
- Settings Memory
- Overheat Protection
- USB Port for Firmware Updates
- Communication Port (For XTR-16s / FTR-16s Receivers)
- 2.5mm Sync Port
- External High Voltage Battery Port
Although resembling the recent Godox V850 and V860 speedlites, the TT685C feature a larger Dot Matrix LCD display with on screen menu options. As well as fully back-lit function buttons, including extra Link and Mode buttons.
More significantly though, instead of Lithium-ion power, Godox have chosen to start with a more traditional 4 x AA battery powered unit. With the option of connecting an external High Voltage Battery Pack for faster recycle times etc.
(A Lithium-ion powered version of the TT685CN (V860II-C) will also be available in the coming months).
The TT685C provide a 3.5mm Sync Port, and USB Port for firmware updates.
The Godox FT-16 and Cells IIc can be used as transmitter units to the FTR-16s receivers.
The Remote Manual FT-16 radio system is also used with the current popular AD360 and AD180 Witstro bare bulb flash units, and many of Godox’s current portable and studio lights. So the new TT685 should also combine with those nicely.
A High Voltage External Battery Port is provided at the front of the flash, for connecting external battery packs like Godox’s popular PB960, or other Canon compatible packs.
Of most significance though, the TT685 also have their own 2.4GHz radio transceiver unit built inside, providing full ETTL and HSS enabled Radio Master and Slave modes. With a stated range of up to approximately 100 meters.
The Godox X1 TTL transceivers can also be used as a Master / Transmitter unit mounted on the camera to control the TT685’s off camera.
The X1 receivers will allow Canon, and possibly other third party ETTL compatible flashes, to be combined in the system as ETTL / HSS enables Slave flashes.
The X1 TTL provide a camera shutter release function, and will fire studio lights as well.
GODOX TT685C SPECS
|Max. Recycle Time||2.6 seconds at full power|
|Guide Number(m ISO 100)||60M|
|Wireless flash function||Master,Slave,S1,S2|
|Multi Mode||Frequency 1 to 199Hz and Times 2 to 100|
|Flash Duration||1/300 to 1/20000 second|
|Flash Coverage||Manual zoom from 20 to 200mm|
|Controllable slave groups||3 (A, B, and C)|
|Compatible Cameras||Canon EOS DSLR(E-TTL II)|
|Size||64 *76*190 mm|
The TT685C Radio Slave Flash and X1 TTL Triggers will be shown from July 2 – 5 at the Godox stand PE01 at Photo & Imaging Shanghai 2015 exhibition.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Godox TT685C speedlites for Canon are available now from around $118 –
The X1 TTL Transceivers are also now available.
Godox – Website.