Godox have released the TT685C speedlite for Canon, a fully featured TTL and HSS enabled flash unit with 2.4GHz radio receiver built inside.
The TT685C are also available from Adorama as the Flashpoint Zoom TTL R2 for Canon.
The TT685C provide Godox 2.4GHz X System Radio Master and Slave modes.
The Radio Master mode can fire and control the complete Godox 2.4GHz Flash System, including cross compatibility with Godox 2.4GHz slave strobes for Canon, Nikon, Sony, M4/3, and Fuji.
An auto sensing Radio Slave mode can also be fired and controlled by Godox 2.4GHz Master flashes and Transmitters for Canon, Nikon, Sony, M4/3, and Fuji.
All with TTL and HSS available across platforms where applicable.
NOTE – Godox flashes purchased before July 2017 may also require a user installed firmware update to add the Olympus / Panasonic, and Fuji, radio slave modes (at least for TTL use).
A large dot matrix LCD display provides easy access to the master interface and functions.
5 slave groups are provided – A / B / C / D / E
And remote groups can be mixed, with TTL and Remote Manual Groups used at the same time, while individual groups can also be turned On and Off easily as needed.
(NOTE – There is no GR Mode with pre 2012 Canon Cameras – So only 3 Groups available then, and no mixed TTL & Manual)
As well as acting as their own master flash on-camera, the TT685C are also compatible with the new Godox X1-C TTL transmitter and receivers.
An X1T-C transmitter mounted on the camera hotshoe can control a number of remote TT685C speedlights off camera.
While original Canon Speedlites like the 580EX II, 600EX-RT etc can be included in the system by attaching X1R-NC receivers to their feet.
GODOX TT685C FEATURES
- GN 60 (m ISO 100)
- Powered by 4 x AA batteries
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Flash Mode – ETTL /M / Multi
- 1st Curtain Sync / 2nd Curtain Sync
- FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 stops)
- Manual Flash – 1/128 – 1/1 output control (1/3rd increments)
- Flash Zoom 20 – 200mm
- Radio Master & Slave Modes for Godox 2.4GHz X Radio System
- Godox – Canon / Nikon / Sony / M4/3 / Fuji – TTL Radio Slave Modes
- Mater Groups A / B / C / D / E (In GR Mode – Requires 2012 Onwards Cameras)
- Slave Groups A / B / C / D / E
- 32 Channels
- Range to 100 m
- Compatible with Godox XTR-16s / FTR-16s Receiver
- Optic Master & Slave Modes for Canon Optic Wireless System
- 3 Remote Groups A / B / C
- 4 Channels
- Range – Line of Sight
- S1 and S2 Optic Slave Modes
- Recycle Time: 2.6 Seconds at full power
- Full 360 Degree Swivel, and Tilt Head
- Large Dot Matrix LCD Screen
- AF Assist Light
- Foot Clamping Ring with Locking Pin
- Sound Prompt
- Custom Functions
- Settings Memory
- Overheat Protection
- USB Port for Firmware Updates
- Communication Port (For XTR-16s / FTR-16s Receivers)
- 2.5mm Sync Port
- External High Voltage Battery Port
Although resembling the recent Godox V850 and V860 speedlites, the TT685C feature a larger Dot Matrix LCD display with on screen menu options. As well as fully back-lit function buttons, including extra Link and Mode buttons.
More significantly though, instead of Lithium-ion power, Godox have chosen to start with a more traditional 4 x AA battery powered unit. With the option of connecting an external High Voltage Battery Pack for faster recycle times etc.
(Lithium-ion powered V860II-C are also now available).
The TT685C provide a 3.5mm Sync Port, and USB Port for firmware updates.
As well as a 4 pin Communication Port which provides backward compatibility with Godox’s remote manual XTR-16s / FTR-16s clip-on radio receivers (also used with the original V850 and V860 speedlites).
A High Voltage External Battery Port is provided at the front of the flash, for connecting external battery packs like Godox’s popular PB960, or other Canon compatible packs.
GODOX TT685C SPECS
|Max. Recycle Time||2.6 seconds at full power|
|Guide Number(m ISO 100)||60M|
|Wireless flash function||Master,Slave,S1,S2|
|Multi Mode||Frequency 1 to 199Hz and Times 2 to 100|
|Flash Duration||1/300 to 1/20000 second|
|Flash Coverage||Manual zoom from 20 to 200mm|
|Controllable slave groups||3 (A, B, and C)|
|Compatible Cameras||Canon EOS DSLR(E-TTL II)|
|Size||64 *76*190 mm|
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Godox TT685C speedlites for Canon are available now from around $119 –
Godox – Website.