GODOX – AD360II-C – TTL 2.4GHz Flash – Now Available

Godox AD360II

Godox have announced the long awaited and very much anticipated AD360II-C, TTL version of their popular Witstro bare bulb flash units, with both Master and Slave capability built-in via 2.4GHz radio transceivers.

And early AD360II-C listings have already started to appear on Ebay from around $500 with shipping.

Godox AD360II

Not only do the AD360II-C provide both ETTL radio Master and Slave modes for Canon, they also provide an auto switching ITTL radio Slave mode for Nikon as well.

So both Canon and Nikon camera systems can be used with the same off camera AD360II-C slave flashes. The AD360II-C automatically switching between Canon and Nikon Slave modes as required.

UPDATE – From firmware V2.6 onwards, Sony radio Slave mode has been added to the AD360II-C as well.

Godox AD360II

The AD360II-C also combine with the new Godox X1-C TTL flash triggers used as transmitter units on the camera. (And X1-N transmitters for Nikon once they are available).

Godox AD360II

GODOX WITSTRO AD360II-C FEATURES

• Powerful 300Ws – GN80, ISO 100 at 28mm Zoom Equivalent (Standard Reflector)
  • Flash Modes – ETTL / M / Multi
  • FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 Stops)
  • FEL (Flash Exposure Lock)
  • Godox 2.4GHz X Radio System
  • ETTL Radio Master Mode
  • ETTL & ITTL Radio Slave Mode (Auto Switching)
  • Range – 100m + with X1 as Transmitter
  • Range – 70m+ with AD360II-C as Transmitter
  • Ratio Group Mode – A / B / C
  • Canon Optic Wireless Master & Slave Modes
  • Ratio Group Mode – A / B / C
  • 4 Channels
  • Head Swivel 0 – 270 Degrees, Head Tilt -15 – 90 Degrees
  • Large Dot Matrix LCD Display
  • AF Assist Light (Automatic)
  • 450 Full Power Flashes (With BP960 Battery Pack)
  • 0.05 – 4.5 Second Recycle Time (Halved With 2 Into 1 Battery Cord)
  • Modeling flash
  • Custom Functions
  • Micro USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
  • USB Port Receiver Socket (For FTR-16 etc)
  • PC Sync Port
  • 3.5mm Sync Port

Godox AD360II

Though possibly a little on the heavy side, the AD360II-C can be used as a powerful fully featured TTL and HSS enabled on-camera flash, including an automatic AF assist light.

Godox_AD360I

At the same time acting as a Master interface to control a number of AD360II-C or TT685C Speedlites off-camera, with either ETTL or Remote Manual power settings.

Godox AD360II

The new Godox X1-C TTL flash triggers, can be combined with the AD360II-C as as transmitter units on the camera, providing a more advanced user interface (allowing Manual And TTL groups to be mixed together).

The X1 used as transmitter also provide a boost in range over the AD360II-C used as transmitter (around 100m Vs 70m).

Godox AD360II

The AD360II-C also now provide a second Micro USB port for firmware updates, on top of the original USB port used to accommodate the FTR-16 clip on receivers from the original Remote Manual Witstro lights.

Godox AD360II

GODOX AD360II-C SPECS

Godox AD360II Specs

Godox AD360II

The Godox Witstro AD360II are available now from around $500 –

AD360II-C for CANON – AdoramaEbay, Amazon, UK.

AD360II-N for NIKON – Adorama, Ebay, Amazon, UK

Godox – Website

Godox – X1 TTL Radio Trigger Overview

Godox – AD180 / AD360 Review

1. Andy 1 year ago

Thanks for the reply Niels.

That’s good to know. I wasted money on the new Nikon Cells II as it didn’t work with my Nikon D810.

Cheers,

Andy

• JZ 1 year ago

Hi the nikon cells II worked for me with the same camera. I received 2- two item kits. 2 of the 4 worked and im not sure how or why but thats my situation. Maybe you can get a replacement.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Yes the earlier Cells II-N did not work with the latest cameras. Godox revised them and released updated units.

Unfortunately Godox are terrible at providing any identification for changes and updated models.

• Jz 1 year ago

I have the old and new version. The seller on amazon let me keep the old version were 2/4 worked. He then sent the updated version and the same situation happened 2/4 work.

2. Marco 1 year ago

Hi, i actually use a fuji-X system. is possible to *manually* control the power of AD360II using a X1C or X1N on a fuji X? any chance to have HSS? any plan from Godox to develop a trigger for FUJI-X? thanks!

• royy 1 year ago

…well, Godox main target is Canon and Nikon. Those two companies share the market… mainly… and so far ;) Sony is now trying to catch but they are not there yet, especially for Pro users (even lots of pros buy their last “innovations”)

Fuji have a tiny percentage of the market, so unfortunately I doubt there will be such a thing like full compatibility of Fuji-x with THIS Godox product. I hope I am wrong. I would wish to have already TTL with this flash for Sony. And I wish you to have what you want. As for me, probably I’ll never be served by Godox (again I want to believe in Sony)

BTW, all those camera companies would have won more (money not sure, but their image would be nicer) by developping a common standard of wireless communication for their gear. Making proprietary standards is so dumb those days, things should me more open… clinets would choose best products or what suites them best, not being forced to choose same logo for their gear system.

• Ulysses 1 year ago

It’s for reasons like these that I’m honestly happier with these lights with full manual control. It not only makes the entire system simpler and provides incredibly solid communication, but it also ensures a system that is brand-agnostic. I can use the current lights with Canon or Nikon or Olympus or Sony or any camera that utilizes a standard hot shoe. I like that sort of cross-compatibility and never need to worry if it will work or not. :)

Of course, having TTL or HSS provides more options. But they’re clearly NOT the only way to get a job done. Not even close. And very often full manual control is not only more effective, but it can also be more consistent. Again, fewer worries.

• royy 1 year ago

that is a very good point. I am using also manually operated lights, and the results are great. Just TTL is not for the same shots. Sometimes HSS would be very welcome – without it, I am blocked at 1/250 (Sony A99)
          Also, some other situations give me no time to manually adjust the parameters (camera+flash) – when I want to be absolutely sure about the exposure perfection: some parts of wedding, documentry events…

• Ulysses 1 year ago

Royy, all I can recommend is: Get faster! :)

I very rarely use TTL even with speedlights. I’ve never been in a situation where I absolutely NEEDED the TTL function, though I’ve used it on rare occasion in a pinch. I simply like manual. And I’ve been using it long enough to feel really confident in being able to dial in the adjustments I need on the fly. But what I’m doing isn’t at all unique to me. Anyone can do it. Believe me. When I was newer, I relied upon TTL and FEC for everything. Once I switched over to manual and gained confidence in my own ability, however, I didn’t look back. :)

As to having HSS, there’s a good argument that is often made by many professionals that HSS isn’t needed for most tasks unless you simply want to freeze action. If you simply want shallow DOF out of your fast lenses, then using an ND or a variable ND filter can actually be every bit as effective. If you haven’t yet tried it, you might enjoy looking more closely into this technique. :)

• marco 1 year ago

i do agree. actually in studio i use my profoto gear, and during reportages i use cactus V6 trigger with canon 580EXII (i sold oll my canon stuff but i am still using speed lights) .
            actually i would like to have some battery powered flash and sometime i need more power, so i was thinking to buy the units. i don’t think te are compatible with cactus V6 so i would like to know if i can manually set the power remotely with a X1 trigger…

Hi royy,

Sony’s rise has not gone unnoticed by Godox and others, there will be more people working on developing Sony compatibility now.

• royy 1 year ago

Hi Flash Havoc team!

Well, your words are golden ;)

I really hope to have more Sony compatibilities soon! The Nissin Air System, the Di700A + Air 1 is such a good example what can be done also for Sony (hope Nissin will extend this system to their more powerful strobes… haha like I would never be happy for what is available now ;)
          But yes, I am going to try Nissin. They plan also receivers… it will be cool if those receivers works with other strobes/studio lapms too. New system is profiling on the horizon? Nissin rulez!

• Ulysses 1 year ago

Exactly, Ev. I think a lot of people forget that Sony’s real growth spurt of popularity didn’t even begin until 2014. Their first entry into the A7-series of cameras didn’t happen until late 2013 (their Alpha SLT cameras don’t really count because they were always only a very small niche market). So really Sony has only been on the map for a very, very short period of time. And yet they do seem poised to stay, and might even capture the #2 spot eventually. This was always stated as their goal as far back as 2003-2005. These things take time. :)

I’m honestly surprised they already have as much support as they do, with lots of promise to broaden support even further. As long as they continue to innovate and release highly capable cameras, they’re going to remain popular, which will make them more of a good risk for lighting companies to invest in.

• royy 1 year ago

Yeap, totally agree with you.

I’ve seen recently somewhere (probably on http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/) that Sony wants to be the leader on the market with their cameras, bring us real Pro support, be leader on wedding photography market and so… – apparently they have ambitious plans.
            Now I hope their solution/decisions will be wise.
            And The Real Pro Sony body is needed badly ;)

PS
            Yet, Sony please do not abandon alpha mount!!!

• Shiranai 1 year ago

Its exactly the other way round. If you develop a proprietary system, you make more money because customers have to buy more products from you instead of looking for cheaper alternatives.
        If they used the same standards on the Fuji-x system like on Canon, they would have better sellings of the cameras itself – but almost every gear or lens they sell would be igonored and people would go for cheap 3rd party stuff.

Hi Marco,

The X1-C have a single firing pin mode, so yes they should work on cameras like your Fuji with remote manual power control (just as the previous FT-16 transmitter did).

HSS is partly a product of the camera itself (producing the early pre-sync fire signal), and I don’t think Fuji have HSS enabled cameras / flashes themselves do they? If not third party manufacturers can not add this functionality unfortunately.

• marco 1 year ago

thanks, that’s really a good news, i think i will replace my canon 580II + cactus V6 with this setup, too many times i miss power when working in sunny days.

to answer your question actually fuji flashes doesn’t support HSS (the X100 series use a leaf shutter so i can sync at hi speed on her own) but using the nissin I40, with a turn around, we can sync on every speed http://photomadd.com/nissin-i40-high-speed-sync-hss-fujifilm-hidden-option/

i am a fuji X-photographer and i know that fuji is improving the flash system, and hope to see something new with the next camera ;)

• Eddie 1 year ago

X1c not work on my XE2

• Jz 1 year ago

I saw on youtube a guy testing the xt1 with the ad360. Im interested in the fuji as well and it hesitant to swith but im been looking for compatibility.

3. Andy 1 year ago

An eBay purchase from China so I’ll have to take it on the chin.

4. Luca 1 year ago

Hi, I haven’t understood when it’ll be available the Nikon version and if the new triggers will work with previous FT16 triggers.

Do you think it can be possible to mix and changing the power level with both the versions FT16 and FTR16 with just one transmitter?

• Luca 1 year ago

Anyway, from the pics of this new FTR 16 I see no option to switch on-off the modeling light (was comfortable for studio lights).

5. Luca 1 year ago

Any reply?

Hi Luca,

I’m not really sure when the Nikon version X1-N and AD360II-N will be available. Godox have samples already so I assume it won’t be too long.

There should be new 2.4GHz versions of the FTR-16 receivers coming later in the year as well. So once they are available you should be able to fire and control the manual power levels of the previous AD360, and the new AD360II-N, using the same X1-N transmitter unit.

In the mean time you can mount the current FT-16 transmitter on top of the X1-N transmitter on the camera, to fire and control both sets of lights. The HSS pre-sync signal is passed on to the second transmitter then as well.

• Luca 1 year ago

Thanks, that’s what I would like to know.. Now I’m waiting for a Nikon kit to come soon! ;)

6. Silverstream 1 year ago

Is there any word on whether this works seamlessly with the YN-622c triggers? I use them for all my speedlights currently and it would be a huge plus for me in regards to keeping it simple.

7. Andy 1 year ago

I have just seen the Godox-AD360II-N-TTL-360W on eBay.

Is this really the Nikon version? On the pictures they show AD360II-N

It doesn’t ship to UK yet but this means it’s out and ready!

• Bruce 1 year ago

I’m pretty sure the N in the model means nikon, ,the canon one probably has a C

8. Andy 1 year ago
  9. michaelv 1 year ago

I bought AD360 (flashpoint version from Adorama) not long ago. I hope that AD360 II TTL is precise, so I’ll get one. For my purpose, I use it OCF only and TTL helps to speed up my workflow. Considering this, I think AD360II, TT685, X1-C will be great combo for me every time I shoot outdoor (wedding).

• Ulysses 1 year ago

Just keep in mind that TTL puts you in the ballpark, but it often will be fooled. I don’t expect TTL in this super-flash to be “amazing”. But I do hope that its manual mode will be just as rock-solid as the previous generations have been.

10. Andy 1 year ago

I agree.

The TTL doesn’t excite me much as the wistro 360 is a beast to carry on a flash bracket. The lighter wistro 180 in a TTL would be more useful for TTL work.

I do want a single transmitter for both normal and HSS and I also want to get rid of the usb receiver that plugs into the main flash.

I’ve broken 3 x transmitter f-16 in a year so I welcome the more compact X1 unit.

That said and done I’m not a gear chaser so I’ll be happy with a updated usb reciever and x1 transmitter for the Nikon.

11. Paul 1 year ago

I see this does second curtain sync. But in your related article it says that the trigger doesn’t do second curtain sync. How does this work? Do you need the ad360ii on-camera to get second curtain sync?

12. Niels Gram 1 year ago

The only reason I find this flash interesting is that it will integrate better with the rest of my flash gear – provided that it is compatible with the YNE3-RX. I’m also hoping that Godox has addressed the problem with decreasing flash output when the Widstro (at lower power levels) is trying to keep up with the 10 FPS frame rate of my camera. It would be nice if Godox made a Canon RT system compatible trigger receiver that could be connected to the flash in the “USB” port in stead of the FT16. I’m not sure how stable the YNE3-RX is – will it break (over time) if a heavy flash like the AD360 is mounted ?

13. Andy 1 year ago

I also often find the lowest output to be too high and I end up carrying ND gels to put over the flash to reduce the power.

• Rachel 1 year ago

Andy, I have the same problems but didn’t realise gels could work, how well do they work on the the AD360? Its just so insanely powerful.

14. mmmfotografie 1 year ago

@Paul: if you are referring to S2 then that is that A360 will ignore the pre-flash and only triggers on the second seen flash from an other flash.

@Niels Gram: I won’t put a heavy flash on the YNE3-RX but rather attach the YNE3-RX to a the flash. The AD360 has a special plate that replaces the flash foot so you can put it directly on a spigot.

@Andy: if the lowest setting of flash is still to strong then at what ISO value are you working?

15. Andy 1 year ago

It’s just when I want it for a close up soft fill outdoors.
    My old qflash kit had a really nice little pop of power. I just use a scrim over the flash to dampen it down even more.

• Matt 1 year ago

Hey Andy, the plastic diffuser that comes with the unit isn’t enough @ 1/132 power at low iso? Have you tried adding a sock?

16. Paul 1 year ago

@mmmfotografie Thanks, but I’m talking about rear curtain sync, not S2.

• Matt 1 year ago

Paul, I’m very interested in 2nd curtain sync as well. Somehow, I thought it was the camera that would send that signal, no?

• Niels Gram 1 year ago

2nd curtain sync is the camera sending the trigger signal just prior to the 2nd curtain closes the shutter. But it does require that the flash and flash trigger doesn’t add too much of a delay to avoid a partial or full black frame. I’m not absolutely sure that the camera uses the same protocol transaction/pin in the flash hot shoe to fire the flash on 2nd curtain sync but that is my impression.

• Paul 1 year ago

That’s what I would have thought too. But then, what does it mean for the Goddox trigger to not support 2nd curtain sync? That it’s too slow? That sounds odd given that it’s fast enough for hss. And what about the fact that both the ad360ii and the tt685 both DO support 2nd curtain sync, presumably both as slave and master? If they can do it there, why not in the dedicated trigger?

• Mariosch 1 year ago

Actually, that’s not true, at least with Canon.
          With Canon, 2nd curtain is a function of the flash. Canon keeps the center pin triggered all the time while the sensor is fully opened – or, probably, until just before the second curtain starts to move.

It’s the flash that decides when to trigger, depending on it’s setting. For 1st curtain sync, that would be on the falling edge (meaning: the center pin goes from it’s default state of logical 1 to logical 0), for 2nd curtain sync it will be on the rising edge (center pin from logical 0 back to logical 1).

Because it’s the flash here doing all the work, for Canon only ETTL flashes support 2nd curtain. Manual flashes could, too, if you would put in a manually set mode, but as all other camera brands do 2nd curtain trigger differently from Canon, nobody does on a universal flash…

Now, the Godox trigger is ETTL, so why is second curtain missing?
          Well, this is just an educated guess by me, but most radio triggers for Canon are built to leverage the Camera’s speedlight control menu, originally designed to be used with an optical master flash or – on newer cameras – the radio controller menu.
          In both cases, Canon did not include 2nd curtain sync, so I guess that’s why Godox did not include it into their trigger system as well…

• Silverstream 1 year ago

@Mariosch Except triggers can offer 2nd curtain functionality as well so while it can be a speedlite feature, it can also be missing in the flash and the trigger provides it.

If I buy one of these, I have no plans on using it on camera myself. Its just more powerful than I need there. I look at this product as more of an extremely portable strobe with TTL. A strobe that needs a substantial modifier to soften the light. Part of my style though is to try and use flash so it is difficult to tell that it is being used when I am shooting in a non-studio environment. The small modifier that I would be able to get away with on camera would not be able to offer the level of diffusion I would find enough for a light this powerful.

• Niels Gram 1 year ago

@Mariosch: Thanks for the explanation :-) I still believe that 2nd curtain sync is more of a challenge timing wise for the trigger and flash than normal sync and that this can cause problems in some cases. Pixel King Pro originally supported 2nd curtain sync but has removed this feature in newer firmware releases because of incompatibility with newer Canon camera models. They haven’t stated that the issue is timing, but this is the most likely explanation. If the trigger adds too much delay between camera and flash it will lower the max usable sync speed for normal sync (because the 2nd curtain then will have to close later to compensate). If the trigger adds too much delay between camera and flash for 2nd curtain sync, the shutter will be closed when the flash fires and nothing can be done to help that. The Canon implementation of the -RT system has lower max sync speed for pre 2012 cameras and don’t support group mode for these and it doesn’t include 2nd curtain sync. The Canon cameras generate the trigger signal using switches on the shutter curtains. Originally mechanical switches but newer models uses optical “switches”.

• Mariosch 1 year ago

@Niels Gram: you might very well be right, with second curtain sync, delays due to radio triggers will be much more of an issue, because slowing down the shutter speed won’t help like it does with 1st curtain sync.

The YN 622c do provide 2nd curtain sync, though (when used with an E-TTL speedlight). I’m not aware of any special issues there, but must admit that I haven’t used it myself so far.
              But as far as I understand it, in case of the YN 622c, they work just like Canon does it: when the center pin is triggered, the 622c starts transmitting and keeps transmitting up until the center pin is released again. With this approach, I figure timing issues are reduced, as as part of the timing issue arrise from radio protocol overheard intended to surpress misfire by radio interference.
              That overhead would occur right in the beginning of the transmission, I guess after that the receiver just listens for a steady radio wave without any special information encoded on it, and releases it’s own center pin as soon as the radio wave stops…

But the AD 360 c II, as I understand it, also supports the Nikon version of Godox transmitter. Nikon has a different approach on 2nd curtain sync, I think they actually move the trigger timing to the end of exposure. I can imaging that building both aproaches into the flash was considered as too complicated for a feature that probably won’t get used that much…

~ Mariosch

17. Niels Gram 1 year ago

@mmmfotografie: I don’t know how that would play out with the 360II-C. From my perspective the advantage of the TTL version over the original would be that I could use my YNE3-RT to adjust the power level of the 360 and also that I would be able to use HSS… but that would require the flash mounted on the YNE3-RX (and require that the two are compatible which remains to be seen). Maybe Godox will provide an alternative solution that would make it possible to control the flash through the signals in the flash shoe when the special flash shoe replacement plate is used, but I doubt it.

18. Stijn 1 year ago

I was wondering about the output power and recycle time in comparison to the Godox RS600p. The GN of this one is higher than the GN of the RS600P?

Hi Stijn,

The AD360 provide a stop less light than the RS600P. If the guide number is higher its only because the provided reflector is concentrating the light into a smaller area than the RS600P.

The RS600P should then recycle faster at matching output.

• Stijn 1 year ago

Ah, great :) Thanks for the clarification! Love this site! :D

19. Manny 1 year ago

Hello Flash Havoc,
    1st thank you very much for this web, and to all the friends who post a comment in this web. It’s very helpful.
    A month ago I received the new Wistro AD 360 II-C, the kit with the X1c Transmitter and Receiver. Unfortunately, the X1 C can not control my Canon 600EX-RT ( mounted on the transmitter or mounted on the receiver). I use the canon Mark III. I made a complain to PICCH store in Ebay ( they have a good customer service) and they do the exchange for a new ones. So today ,I received the new set of X1-C but they do not work with the canon 600EX-RT. However, there is a good news: If you have a YN-622C E-TTL you can control , your canon flash 600EX-RT, YN568EX flash, and Wistro AD360II-C from your camera in ETTL and Manual modes.
    I used this in the wedding reception last Saturday. This was my set up:
    1 Cheetah Light 360WS trigger with YN-622 (I control the power with Cheetah Cl-TX)
    1 Wistro AD 360II-C manual mode with YN 622-C (I control power from camera)
    1 canon 600EX-RT off camera flah, manual mode with YN 622C ( I control the power from camera)
    1 canon 580EX TTL on camera flash, TTL mode ( on top of the YN622-C)
    I hope this can help.

• Luca 1 year ago

So you mean that is possible to control the power settings of new AD360 II from the YN622 Tx (I imagine with YN 622 receiver)?
      Both in manual and TTL mode?
      If so, it sounds very very interesting!! :)

• Mark 1 year ago

Yep can confirm this that the ad360ii-c can be controlled with the yn622 c transceiver. I too was so disappointed last night when i started playing with my new arrival to realise that I could not use the native 2.4 canon wireless system to control these, I was hoping to have one less attachment everywhere (being the 622 receivers) but alas I’ll have to keep using them. I know they’re all trying to sell their own triggers but I really wish they would all stick to a standard. I would have still bought it but Im still disappointed…

• Mariosch 1 year ago

I agree with that it would be nice if there were some kind of radio standard – although, in a way, there is: Canon RT. In theory, all 3rd party gear for RT should be inter-operable with each other (in theory ;) )

But what brought you to expect the built-in receivers where compatible to a competitor’s product in the first place?

• Silverstream 1 year ago

YN-622s have become my defacto standard as they work with most anything. I decided to stop waiting and bought the AD-360 from Adorama as they were having a sale for $320 the entire package. Expecting it this morning. I was planning on cascading the triggers – placing that manual trigger in its own off camera 622 – so I can manually adjust it when needed (maybe even just keep that in my pocket or bag and still use my 622s to trigger all my other speedlites if I am in a situation where I need more BANG.

• Mariosch 1 year ago

I assume with “manual trigger” you referring to the FT-16?

Putting the FT-16 on a 622 receiver should work, but introduces a 2nd radio transmission which might lead to additional delay. Unless you have multiple strobes compatible with the FT-16 (like multiple AD 360 or a bunch of V850 / V 860), it might be better to attach the 622 straight to the AD 360 – either directly or by sync cable.
          You can still use the FT-16 to control the power, while the 622 is doing the trigger.

The above assumes you use a 622-tx on camera. If you have naked 622 on camera, you can of course put the FT-16 into it’s hot-shoe without introducing a 2nd radio transmission (there still will be a 2nd radio transmission, but both transmissions will happen simultaneously , thus no additional delay)

20. Prince 1 year ago

I have received my Godox AD360II last week with the X1-C trigger but yet to test everything and will keep you guys posted bough it on eBay and was sent to free posting to Australia Sydney

21. andrew 1 year ago

Very interested in experiences with the new 360II and x1c. I currently shoot with my 430 ex on top of a phottix
    stratos (ttl mode) and trigger my remote godox 180 with the stratos so I can have on camera fill AND secondary key light…works very well indoors. I would like to be able to do off camera hi speed sync with the new 360 outdoors in ettl mode…manual is too fussy when you are shooting fast and I can dial ttl compensation from the camera with my 600 rt, but its just not quite powerful enough at times, plus I am constantly changing my off camera light between the rt and the godox….the new unit may make things much simpler.

22. ramin 1 year ago

Not the appropriate place to mention this but I’d love to read comments on the new Elinchrom Hi-Sync. Looks like every one is in a state of shock…

23. andrew 1 year ago

good discussion going on about this at this link:

24. fré Valenti 1 year ago

hello, is that we can run the Godoxad360ii with yn622c and yn622tx ??
    sorry for my English

• bruce 1 year ago

Yes 622 will work with the wistro with high speed sync hss

• fré Valenti 1 year ago

and with ettl ? and i can control manual with yn622tx on the camera and yn622c on Godox ad360II ?

• bruce 1 year ago

Yes it works just like you were using real canon speedlites, the 622tx communicates to the 622c on the flash and automatically sets up TTL for each shot or you can switch to manual mode and control each setting separately. With TTL you can control groups and adjust group output. With TTL it paases through the info just as if the flash was connected to the hotshoe. You control both ttl and manual mode of the trigger through the camera menu and camera dials, I think you might have to switch to manual mode on the 622c though

• bruce 1 year ago

Yes the 360ii works with yongnuo 622c with manual and ttl through the camera settings. It was confirmed on this thread scroll up.

Mark 3 days ago

25. Andy 1 year ago

Any news on the usb receiver to allow the new X1-C or X1-N to work with the original AD360 (Non TTL)

Flash Havoc mentioned they would be launching a new usb receiver but I can’t see any talk of it.

26. Peter A 1 year ago

The XT16 receivers have been released! See the review here on Flashhavoc.

Seems the battery issues aren’t fully fixed for the AD360ii flashes, per an Amazon review. You can get informed how to check for good ones on the thread. Basically for the PB960 it should be 12.5-12.6 volts, and a fully charged battery should do 400 full power shots (watch the gauge).

27. zoltandezoltan 1 year ago

Is the AD360 II C fully compatible with Odin C (I or II) or YN-622-TX C in setup with Lumopro LP180R?

28. kent 1 year ago

It looks like the AD360II does not work with Flex TT5, as soon as I put the AD360II on the Flex TT5, it ceased to work, even its test fire button is blocked, any thoughts on this?

Godox’s V860 works with Flex TT5, so you would of thought AD360II will too.

• Pete 1 year ago

Same issue with me- the Pocket Wizard Flex TT5 doesn’t work. flash locks up when it’s on the hot shoe mount.
      Strange- the flash seems to fire on every other cheapo trigger… Oh well might have to buy the X1

29. Mike 1 year ago

Trying to find out how you check the firmware revision

Hi Mike,

It would very likely either be holding the Mode or Function button while turning the strobe on. Or it may be in the custom functions. The AD600 displays it at the top or the custom function menu as soon as you go in there.

30. john c 1 year ago

Has anyone had any luck up dating the firmware on the AD360II-C? I’ve dowloaded the V2.5 but it keeps failing to run on Win 10 PC.

I’ve been able to run the X1-c t/r updates but not the AD360II

Hi John,

Just checking, though did you use the instructions here to disable the driver signature verification?

31. Adam 1 year ago

Does the -C suffix and “slave mode for Canon” mean these can integrate directly into a Canon system without additional receiver hardware? In other words, can I control and fire an off-camera AD360II-C from an on-camera 600ex-rt or ST-E3-RT with full support for E-TTL, and group-based power control?

Hi Adam,

The AD360II-C are a full TTL flash dedicated for Canon. So you can actually mount them on the camera hotshoe and use ETTL. That is what the C stands for, a Canon dedicated flash (with Canon TTL contacts on the flash foot etc).

They provide both Canon and Nikon Radio Slave Modes. That is with Godox’s 2.4GHz radio system though, not Canon’s RT system. So you need other Godox master flash units or transmitter units like the Godox X1-C and X1-N to control them with full TTL, HSS etc.

They also have a Canon Optic Wireless Slave Mode.

If you want to use them with the Canon RT radio system, some people have found already that the Phottix Laso RT receiver (attached to the foot of the AD360II-C) will currently work. I say currently because both units have firmware update ability, so this compatibility could always change over time.

Reportedly the YongNuo YNE3-RX receiver does not work with the AD360II-C as the Laso receiver currently does.

You can’t control the AD360II-C directly via the Canon RT master flashes without the extra third party RT receiver though.

With the 600EX-RT as Optic Wireless Master you could use the Optic Wireless system directly with the AD360II-C though.

• Adam 1 year ago

Thank you for the detailed reply! I’ve been hoping to see more manufacturers work with the Canon RT protocol (like Phottix has), but perhaps Canon is not forthcoming with the details and it has to be reverse engineered? I have a Laso Receiver and some YNE3-RX, but anything that brings down the count of how many AA batteries I have to charge and manage is a blessing. It seems like wireless radio control of strobes is still in the wild west phase, with every manufacturer coming up with their own protocol. I hope at some point the major camera and lighting manufacturers realize that a standard is needed so that we can stop having to add receivers for protocol X to lights that already have receivers built-in for protocols Y an Z. It would be nice to have the freedom to use multiple brands of lighting more easily.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

No worries. Yes it will be interesting to see what evolves now that Nikon have started with their own radio protocol as well, whether third party systems move more towards the Canon and Nikon radio systems and away from the RF systems they have developed themselves (basically converting the optic wireless to radio).

If someone like Phottix were to start building RT receivers into strobes like the Indra, then others would likely have to follow eventually to compete.

Canon or Nikon most definitely do not provide any help though, they want to lock any competition out as best they can.

Theres not likely ever going to be any standard between Canon and Nikon etc. Though as we are seeing already strobes like the AD360II have both Canon and Nikon radio slave modes, and auto switch between them. This is likely to happen more and more with slave speedlites etc as well. So third party gear is at least slowly helping to tie things together between brands if anything.

32. Mike 1 year ago

Has anybody managed to do a firmware upgrade ? I can not install the software for the Nikon version.

• john c 1 year ago

Having the same issue with the Canon .. the software won’t load .. i get an error “Unable to open archive file”

Have followed the instructions on here and the X1r’s update fine .. just not the flash itself

33. Mike 1 year ago

Yes, exactly the same here, X1 triggers and receivers update OK but get the “unable to open archive file” when trying to install the AD360 firmware upgrade software

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Thanks guys, I have let Godox know there are issues with the current AD360II-C / N firmware update.

34. Benjamin 1 year ago

Hi guys, i had the same issue and find a workaround. I think the Chinese char in the folder name are the cause. So just copy the installer file to your desktop and run it from here. I have successfully update mine like this. Hope it helps !

• Benjamin 1 year ago

Also updating my X1N-T and X1N-R to version 11 corrected an issue I had with my SB-910 and TTL, it was not working before the update (version 08)

• Tim Kamppinen 1 year ago

Thanks for that info, I am still on V 08 and having trouble with my SB910 on top of the X1T. I’ll have to update and see if that helps.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Thanks for that Benjamin, that did the trick nicely.

I remember now we have actually run into this issue and solution before.

Godox are aware of this now though as well. Thanks again.

35. Mike 1 year ago

Cheers Benjamin that looks like that is the answer

Mike

36. Lars 1 year ago

I have a Nikon D750 and wonder if the Godox AD360II Wistro TTL work with YONGNUO YN-622 TTL KIT (transmitter and receiver) with TTL and HSS functions still working? Have anyone tested this combo?

Lars

• JZ 1 year ago

If nobody has tried it I will try it this weekend. I finally decided to order the unit along with the x1n. I do have the Yongnuo T and R units.

• JZ 1 year ago

A quick test determined that yn-622n and tx will send the signal but will not work for ttl. I did get the x1N and ttl works just fine all the way to 1/4000 with the d750.

The ft-16 can control the power in manual but not in TTL Mode.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Thanks for he feedback JZ.

I don’t have the Nikon flash to try this with otherwise.

Just to be sure though, which firmware do you currently have on the AD360II-N?

37. nixland 1 year ago

Elv, my old AD blew up and I think I will get the ADII while I find a way to fix the old AD.
    1. Are there multi release version of this ADII? I mean usually the first release has some bugs or defects and they fix it on the second batch.

2. What issues that still outstanding to be solved by Godox so that I have to wait for their latest release?

3. Can I still use my old FT16 transmitter to trigger ADII with old FT16 usb receiver?

4. Any info Godox will add Group mode for pre 2012 Canon camera?

Thanks Elv.

Hi nixland,

I’m not aware of any bugs or major fixes for the AD360 II. They are built mostly on the same base as the AD360 so Godox have had years to refine them slowly already.

Yes you can still use the FT-16 transmitter provided you use the FTR-16 receiver attached the flash.

Though seriously for the sake of $40 for an X1 transmitter you get all the advantages of TTL, automated HSS, no receiver on the flash etc. The FT-16 could be good back up though.

I saw it was your cord connection that cause the issue with your original AD360. Just out of curiosity are you using the straight cord or coiled?

For anyone else reading this, the coiled cord puts a lot less stress on the plugs and flash sockets. The best thing you can do is avoid the standard coiled cords altogether and get the straight cord from the beginning.

Why Godox still persist with the current highly tensioned coiled cord, or not at least supply the straight cord as standard as well I don’t know.

• nixland 1 year ago

Hi Elv, thank you very much for the reply. Really appreciate it. I will buy the ADII.

For X1C I am still waiting for pre 2012 Canon camera additional feature because I am still using 5DII and I often use more than 3 lights :)

I used the coiled cord. Yes you right it has too much tension, especially that I often use the strobe in backward position using large parabolic modifiers and focusing rod. Any brand recommendation for straight cord for ADii to the battery?

Thanks.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Sorry I forgot to answer the pre-2012 body question.

We have been harassing Godox to add the GR Group master mode to the coming V860II-C, and preferably the TT685C as well at least to start with. Particularly because the V860II-C are still in development at the moment. (Though there is no guarantee of even that happening at this stage).

And we have really been asking Godox to do a lot of things all at once at the moment, so pre-2012 camera compatibility is not something I have personally even mentioned. If we weren’t asking for a lot already I would certainly ask. Though I think this is something they are quite aware of, and would do anyway if it wasn’t a challenge to implement. It may happen eventually though still.

I see what you mean though about the FT-16 and having numerous lights. I guess you could also stack the FT-16 on top of the X1-C transmitter if needed at times.

Regarding the straight cord, sorry I’m not sure if there are even compatible third party cords available. The plug that goes into the flash is Godox’s own design, I don’t think that end is compatible with any other brand or model of flash. So as far as I know you would have to get the original Godox cord.

• Ulysses 1 year ago

nixland…

I need to mention to you: I always enjoy your posts both here and in our other mutual forum. But your abbreviations sometimes make it difficult to follow what you’re talking about. :-) :-) :-)

I’m assuming ADII is the AD-360 II, and when you say 5DII you mean the Canon 5D Mark II.

I don’t remember if you’re in the U.S. or the UK. But in the U.S. CheetahStand sells the straight cord, and I’m sure Lencarta sells them in the UK.

Interestingly, I have the ORIGINAL CL-360 bare bulb lights, with the original coiled cords. I’ve never had a problem. I don’t put them through a lot of heavy duty, and I probably baby them more than most. I’ve only needed to replace one due to plastic wear from the locking mechanism of the battery. The way I tend to set up my lights doesn’t put a lot of tension from the coil itself. So maybe I haven’t run into that issue for that reason. I avoided the straight cord because I didn’t want a lot of cordage flopping around (I’m not a good cord manager, so I always thought the coiled cord was a good idea until I started reading about others having problems.)

• nixland 1 year ago

Thanks :)
            To make things clear :

Yes ADII is AD360II and 5DII is 5D mark II :)

Its my AD360 version one that blew up.

Well, I never had a problem with the cord previously. It’s the studio assistant fault that make my AD cord pin detached from the cord head. Well, its my fault not to tell him not to detach the cord because I rarely detach the cord from the AD body. I assume he detached it forcefully.
            In the last several months I often use the AD on the focusing rod where the AD facing backward (just like Broncolor para focusing rod but its my DIY one). So there is some distance between the battery pack on the back hanging on the lightstand and the strobe head. Specially if I extend the strobe further to the front. So there is so much tension on the cord.

• Ulysses 1 year ago

nixland, I understand now.

If you have the straight cord, what would you like to do to manage the cord so it’s not loose and flopping all over the place?

I will need to consider the same option if I upgrade to the AD360 II.

• nixland 1 year ago

I think I will use velcro strap for it.
                Meanwhile I will find a way to straighten the coiled cord if possible, or maybe I could pinch the cord a foot away from the AD body to the AD bracket so that the cord between this pinch point to the AD is fixed and only the rest of the cord that extend. How about that? :)

• nixland 1 year ago
  38. nixland 1 year ago

Thanks a lot Elv.
    For now I use YN-E3-RT and YN-E3-RX for more than 3 flash groups so that I can turn on and off each group independently.
    If using FT16 to trigger more than 1 Godox, as you know, I can not turn off each group independently without setting the power level of that group to zero/off.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

I found a way to use GR Group mode with pre-2012 cameras, just for remote manual use.

If you cover just the TTL contacts on the camera hotshoe the X1-C transmitter then stays in GR Group Mode with pre-2012 cameras.

So that provides 5 groups, and you can turn groups on and off as needed.

Its best to set the transmitters to “Single Firing Pin Mode” so they don’t go to sleep all the time

Then if you need even more groups you can stack a second X1-C transmitter on top of the first (again covering just the TTL contacts) and set that to a different Channel, that provides another 5 Groups.

Should I try a third transmitter or is 10 Groups enough :-)

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Also if you want GR Group Mode with pre-2012 camera, and still have HSS with the AD600, you can do that as well (I would think the AD360 II would be the same).

This time you need an X1 transmitter and receiver set to fire the AD600, and a separate second X1 transmitter to control the strobes power levels in Group Mode.

– Mount the first X1-C transmitter directly on the camera and set that to channel 1.

– Then attach an X1-C receiver to the AD600 via sync cord set to channel 1.

This combination above is firing the strobe and allows it to be set to HSS.

– Then to control the strobe use a second X1-C transmitter set to Channel 2 and GR Group mode.

– Set the strobe to Channel 2 and HSS mode.

The second transmitter can be held in hand, or stacked on top of the first transmitter on camera for convenience, though covering all the hotshoe contacts first.

That provides 5 groups and fires the AD600 flash in HSS mode, or Long Duration Sync (only at full power).

(The second transmitter can also actually be an X1-C set to GR Group mode, or the X1-N transmitter, which provides a group mode style interface anyway).

If you want more groups simply add another transmitter and set that to Channel 3 with the corresponding strobes.

Each strobe needs an X1-C receiver attached if there is an AD600 in the mix with the set up above, because the AD600 will not fire in HSS mode otherwise. It will provide Long Duration Sync without the extra receiver though.

• nixland 1 year ago

Elv, thank you so very very much for your tips and trick. I will consider to get the X1C.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

If not using an AD600 / AD360II though (or using Long Duration Sync instead of HSS) then the extra receiver would not be needed –

– Mount a second transmitter on top of the first covering only the TTL contacts on the first transmitters pass through hotshoe.

– Set the second transmitter to GR Group mode, and Single Firing Pin Mode.

– Set the second transmitter to Channel 2, as well as the strobe to Channel 2.

So the first transmitter is just there to provide the pre-sync signal to the second transmitter mounted above.

The second transmitter can then control the remote strobes, as well as fire them with the pre-sync signal for HSS or Long Duration Sync.

• nixland 1 year ago

Can X1C on Gr mode ‘talk’ to YN568II or Canon 580EXII ? at least setting their power in manual mode.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

I assume you mean while using may hacked pre-2012 Group mode methods above.

If so the 580EX II should be fine in remote manual. I’m using other Canon flashes to check though I doubt the 580EX II would be any different.

With the YN568EX II, I only have an original YN568EX here at the moment to test, and that is not working with the hacks above. For some reason the flash is not firing. You can see the receiver is getting the fire signal though its not firing the flash.

The YN568EX appears to work fine when the X1-C is attached properly to the camera with full TTL contacts though, in remote manual or ETTL etc (so no Group mode then with pre-2012 cameras) .

YongNuo compatibility is always going to be subject to possible firmware changes though as well (and there have been quite a few with the X1-C, and more to come soon).

• nixland 1 year ago

Yes, for pre 2012 camera hacked mode that you have told me.
            Thanks a lot for the info.

39. john c 1 year ago

I’ve updated the firmware in my X1-c and AD36011-C but can’t get them to go into rear curtain mode. Any ideas? I’ve used the X1’s with canon 600rt’s and they drop into RCS as the shutter speed drops … and into HSS as the speed goes up .. no joy with the AD360 though

Hi John c,

Yes I think the AD360II-C and I think even the TT685C still require a firmware update to provide the SCS function.

• john c 1 year ago

Hi, I’ve done the firmware upgrade with no luck. Apart from setting the CFn. on the X1-C theres nothing else that needs changing?

Hi John,

Sorry no I meant that I think Godox still need to provide a firmware updates for the AD360II-C and TT685C to allow the second curtain sync to function with those flash units.

At this stage it only works with the AD600 and with X1R-C receivers.

40. nixland 1 year ago

Finally I bought the AD360II-C.
    My old FT-16 can not trigger the FTR-16 receiver. I think the receiver blew up too.

I tried the YN622tx on 5D mk2 and YN622c on AD360II-C and power control and hss works.

I then tried the YNE3RT and YNE3RX on AD360II-C. It fires but no power control.
    Forget to try the hss :)

• shafi 1 year ago

hi, did you need to put a sync cord from the YN622c to the 360ii for hss to work? or just mounted on the hotshoe?

thanks

41. Niels Gram 1 year ago

@nixland: Are your YNE3-RT and -RX at newest firmware version ? There is a fairly recent 580EX-II compatibility fix that may improve the AD360C-II compatibility with a little luck…

42. Fab 1 year ago

So is it correct that the NIKON version supports 5 groups (both when master as when slave)?

What about the TT685N by the way?

Quite confusing to me, which Godox Nikon flashes support 5 groups (at the moment/in theory) and which don’t… There are conflicting reports on the net. *confused*

• Tim Kamppinen 1 year ago

I don’t know about the 360II but the TT685N only has three groups. To get more than that you need to use an X1N and the 4th and 5th groups would need to be AD600’s (or possibly AD360II’s, not sure about that).

• Fab 1 year ago

O.k. thanks for the info!

But it seems you can get 5 groups on the receiving side when using a X1N receiver coupled to the slave flashlight? (independent of whether it’s a AD360II or e.g. Nikon SB-910)

Or am I wrong here?

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Sorry yes the X1R-N receiver should provide the 5 groups. I haven’t tried using this with an AD360II-N or TT685N though.

Hi Fab,

The AD360II-C / N, and TT685C / N all only provide 3 master and slave groups at the moment.

I heard from an indirect source that Godox are working on adding the full 5 slave Groups to the above flashes, though I can’t confirm that.

Its quite likely though as they did add all the full 5 groups to the X1-N transmitter through a firmware update.

Hopefully Godox will add 5 groups to the master inerface as well, and importantly GR Group mode to the Canon version. The have not provided any feedback on their intention there yet though.

43. Fab 1 year ago

Hello, sorry, just one more question concering this topic ^^

When using the X1-N sender: Is there any functional fundamental difference between:
    a) a X1-N receiver coupled to a flashlight, e.g. SB-910
    b) a Godox flashlight with build in receiver, eg. AD600
    (when using 5 groups)

Especially when using (pseudo) manual mode:
    Case a: results in pseudo manual, but flash works totally in TTL (-> might result in inconsistent exposures)
    Case b: I somewhere read that the Godox flash uses some kind of “real” manual mode?

So b) would be not only more comfortable (no external receiver needed), but also technically superior (in manual mode)???

Or am I completely on the wrong track with those thoughts?…… ^^

• Fab 1 year ago

Nobody? Was my message too confusing? ^^

44. Mike 1 year ago

The problem is that I am English and I really do not understand what you are saying but here goes

• Fab 1 year ago

You wrote “Are you asking the difference between setting manual power on the flashgun direct or setting it via the X1T?”

No, I’m differentiating between
      a) “pseudo manual” (flash is in TTL; radio sender is using manual)
      b) real manual (flash is not in TTL)

With the AD600 flashes you get b), which is superior to a).

But I think, when using any Nikon TTL Speedlite coupled to a X1 receiver, you can’t get b), you are always using the inferior option a. My question was, whether my last sentence is correct?

45. Mike 1 year ago

My understanding is that most triggers need the flash to be in TTL so that they can talk to it (I have YN622 as it is the same as my X1s), setting Manual on the flashgun means it can not be controlled externally so you only have one way of working

Mike

46. Fab 1 year ago

just played around a bit with my new AD360II-N triggered by an X1-N, all newest firmware.

I’m quite confused with the following finding: Somtimes fast shutter speeds like 1/400s (in M mode) there was a black bar on the lower half side of the image, indicating HSS did not work properly. But this was not reproducable. Most of the time it seems to work. Really strange… :|

• JZ 1 year ago

Make sure your nikon is set to support HSS. Auto FP High-Speed Sync mode should be found in the menu. It’s usually the setting that has a * for example 1/250*

• Fab 1 year ago

Hi, of course HSS was enabled in camere (D810; 1/250*, not 1/320* of course); otherwise it wouldn’t have worked most of the time. It only happens sporadically.

47. spencer 1 year ago

I hope someone can help?
    I have just purchased the AD360ii-C.

On the display screen there is an icon of a lamp with a line going through it, but in the manual there is not mention of this icon, and all the pictures show it without the line going through it!!!

Any help gratefull accepted.

Regards Spence

48. JZ 1 year ago

is FEL only for canon. I looked at godox site and it’s not listed for the Nikon version. Is FEL the same as FV lock and it has to be enable on the flash not on the remotes?

• JZ 1 year ago

Thanks to Tim Kamppinen I was able to setup my Nikon to FV lock. It works well. If shooting TTL this is gold. Once you like the flash exposure you lock it and it wont fire the pre flashes again. Much faster for an event and you wont need a light meter unless you do need one.

49. Vince 1 year ago

What do you think of pairing 2 battery packs to one AD360 so recycling time in full power is down to 1.1s. Do you think the capacitor would be affected?

50. Frederic 1 year ago

Hi all,
    I received a AD360ii-N, and I’m comparing to my Yongnuo 560iii. The color temperature is really good on the Godox, around 5600k. For the 560iii, it’s really cold, around 7000k.
    But the thing I don’t understand, is the power output of the Godox. I found that the 560 is actually almost a stop more powerfull ? The 560 is of course at the minimum zoom (24mm).
    Could be my Godox unit defect ?