GODOX – X1-C – TTL Triggers for Canon – Now Available

GODOX X1-C

Godox have released details on their soon to be available X1-C, TTL and HSS enabled 2.4GHz radio trigger system for Canon DSLRs.

The X1-C will be Godox’s first TTL enabled radio triggers available, and they will be released alongside the new TT685C Speedlite, with compatible radio transceiver built inside.

UPDATE – Nikon version X1-N, and Sony version X1-S are also now Available.

UPDATE – Godox have added a static Page Mode interface option, which stops the groups from moving around on the transmitters LCD screen. To Enter this mode hold down the CH Channel button for 5 seconds

There are more details on this Page Mode at the bottom of the post under the Custom Functions list.

GODOX_X1-C

The X1-C are separate transmitter and receiver units, with X1-C receivers being compatible with MK II style Canon compatible speedlites like the 580EX II and 600EX-RT etc.

As well as Canon ETTL compatible flashes like Godox’s own V860C.

GODOX_X1-C

As well as the traditional Canon A:B C ratio style interface, the X1-C provide a full GR Group style interface allowing up to 5 Groups to be individually set to either TTL, Manual, or Off.

So most importantly TTL and Manual Groups can be conveniently mixed together as needed.

PLEASE NOTE – GR Group mode requires camera models from 2012 onward.

GODOX_X1-C

The X1-C provide TTL, HSS (High Speed Sync) and most of the features comparable popular TTL triggers provide, even a HSS Pre-sync Timing Adjustment.

Godox have even considered small (though important) details like PC Sync Input and Output, something most radio triggers constantly miss.

UPDATE – Second Curtain Sync has been added to the X1-C transmitter from firmware version V09 onward. (Set Custom  Function 04 to 01 to engage).

GODOX X1-C FEATURES

• Godox 2.4GHz RF Radio System
  • Range – 100m +
  • Flash Modes – ETTL / M / OFF
  • Second Curtain Sync
  • FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 Stops)
  • FEL (Flash Exposure Lock)
  • Remote Flash Zoom
  • GR Group Mode – A / B / C / D / E  (5 Groups)
  • Ratio Group Mode – A / B / C
  • Large LCD Display with Back Light
  • HSS Delay Setting – 0~19.9ms, (100us Increments)
  • Modeling flash
  • AF Assist light (With an On/Off Switch)
  • Wireless Shutter Release
  • Micro USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
  • Transmitter PC Sync Port – Input & Output
  • Receiver 2.5mm Sync and Shutter Release Port – Output

The X1-C transmitter features a large clear LCD panel interface, and fast adjustment control wheel.

Godox have even provided a simple switch on the side of the transmitter allowing the Focus Assist Light to be switched on and off when needed.

GODOX_X1-C

X1-C receivers provide a simple Channel and Group selection interface.

GODOX_X1-C

The X1-C receivers 2.5mm Sync Port output can be used for wired and wireless shutter release, as well as firing studio strobes.

GODOX_X1-C

The X1-C will be Godox’s first TTL enabled radio triggers available, and they will be released alongside the new TT685C Speedlite, with compatible TTL radio transceiver built inside.The TT685C Speedlites provide both Radio Master and Slave modes.

V860C Speedlites can be fired and controlled off camera while being attached to X1 receivers. And even current Manual Godox Witstro (with X1-C receiver attached) can now be fired off camera with no extra transmitter units attached to the camera.

The Godox PB960 external high voltage battery packs providing a very fast recycle option with the TT685C Speedlites, on or off camera.

GODOX TT685C

GODOX X1-C SPECS

GODOX_X1-C_h640a

X1T-C  CUSTOM FUNCTIONS

C.Fn-00 – Synchronization Delay Setting – [ 00 = OFF ] [ 1-100 US delay setting ]

C.Fn-01 – Single Contact Mode – [ – –  = OFF ] [ on = ON ] (stops transmitter going to sleep)

C.Fn-02 – Zoom Setting – [ – –  = No changes ] [ AU = Changes with lens ] [ 20, 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 80, 105… ]

C.Fn-03 – PC Sync Socket – [ In = PC Sync connect with Camera ] [ ou = PC Sync connects with Flash ]

C.Fn-04 – Rear Curtain Sync – [ – –  = OFF ] [ 1 = ON ] (camera shutter must be between 30s – 1/30s)

C.Fn-05 – Enable 1/256 Power Level – [ 1/128 = OFF ] [ 1/128- = ON ]  (1/256 is displayed as 1/128-)

C.Fn-06 – Switch between 3 and 5 groups in GR Group Mode – [ 03 = 3 groups ] [ 05 = 5 groups ]

C.Fn-07 – Turn remote flash beep Off / On – [ – –  = OFF ] [ on = ON ]

C.Fn-08 – Updates slave strobes settings before each shot, Off / On – [ – –  = OFF ] [ on = ON ]

MODELLING LIGHT ON / OFF –

A function to remotely turn the modelling light On and Off on strobes like the AD600B has also been added to the X1 transmitters.

Double pressing the Channel button will turn the modelling light ON or OFF.

PAGE MODE INTERFACE

After some persuasion, and the help or Adorama / Flashpoint, Godox have implemented a static Page Mode interface option, which stops the groups from moving around on the transmitters LCD screen.

To engage the Page Mode interface hold the Channel button for 5 seconds, or until the groups show again on the LCD screen (after the custom functions disappear).

A flashing Group letter now indicates the current Group selected.

– Single press the Group button – To scroll down groups.
– Double press the Group button – To scroll up groups.
– Turn the Dial – To adjust the Group setting.
– Press the Channel button – To lock in the setting (will also lock in automatically after 2 seconds)

(Unfortunately this is still not quite as we suggested, which would be using the dial to quickly select groups. Though at least the groups are not constantly scrolling around on the LCD screen now).

Godox have also implemented Custom Function C.Fn-06, which allows the display of just 3 groups when you’re currently not using all 5.

This makes it faster to scroll through (by continually pressing the Group button) just 3 groups all displayed on the one page, to select the group you’re after.

The Godox X1-C TTL triggers for Canon are available now from around $80 a set of Tx & Rx –

AdoramaEbay, Amazon, UK.

Nikon version – X1-N
Sony version – X1-S

Godox – Website

1. Sportmode 2 years ago

Has anyone had success with a v860 on the X1-C transmitter working in E-TTL mode? It seems to work fine in HSS mode beyond sync speed, but at 1/200s or slower, FEC has no effect. I’m using a 5D3.

2. sergio garcia 2 years ago

hi there i was wondering if it is compatible with ft16 receiver and how to configure it. i just want to take out one transmitter instead of one for my ad180 and the other for ad600

• Sportmode 2 years ago

Sergio, it’s not compatible with the ft16 receivers. You’ll need the XTR16 for manual control or X1 Receiver if you want ETTL.

• Amine 12 months ago

Hi Sergio
      I suppose that as you have the ft 16 receiver you should have the ft 16 transmitter
      So you can put it on the top of the x1c transmitter both on the camera so it will be able to trigger the ft 16 receiver
      And you will be able to do hss

3. andrew 2 years ago

was anyone able to change the zoom on any godox flashes from the X1 T ?
    i’m trying with tt600 , ving 850 and no succes

• Lucho 1 year ago

In TT685 zoom control is working, screen doesn’t show values, but lamp is moving when change values, in TT600 I can not get it work…

4. Josh 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm that you are able to control yongnuo 600exrt flashes with an additional receiver on the hotshoe?

• Josh 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm that you are able to control yongnuo 600exrt flashes without an additional receiver on the hotshoe?

5. george 2 years ago

well I have just got a xt1 c and I must admit I do not like it. I m now having to mount my flash on it and that does not feel very secure connection for the flash and the ttl of my on camera unit. Also I m not crazy about the interface of the transmitter controlling the power on the other flashes too flacky.
    I had high hopes for this but this proves to be something I can not personally use.

6. Greg 2 years ago

FYI – I ordered an X1C from Amazon (fulfilled by a Chinese supplier, as it happens) and just received it today. I was willing to take a chance on the item since I haven’t switched over to the 2.4GHz triggers yet and wasn’t concerned if I might have to send it back or modify it.

Well, the foot on the X1C trigger is still not the correct size. Probably they’re still getting rid of the last of the original manufacturing run. I’m going to file it down, so it’s not a big deal, but thought others should be aware. I’m sure the new product from Adorama or Cheetahstand will be fine, because they’re aware of the issue.

In other respects, the trigger seems fine; I’m not a big fan of the way they’ve implemented the group selection on the UI, and a couple of the options behave slightly differently from what is described in the manual, but there is no fatal flaw in the software that I have been able to uncover yet. I have not updated the unit to V11 firmware (still testing it to be sure there are no other hardware issues).

• Ric 2 years ago

I had the same problem with the foot of the XT1C, again mine was from Amazon (UK).

On my AD360 mk1 and mk2 I had already took the hotshoe off and replaced them with the flat plate…

Both of the AD360 hotshoes are the correct size and the locking pin works…

So I just switched one over, my X1 now locks securely 🙂

7. george 2 years ago

I have just tried it again ( mount a flash on top of the X1c ) . Even though my on camera flash is a 430 ex2, there is no way the connections to feel stable-safe.Combine that with ”I’m not a big fan of the way they’ve implemented the group selection on the UI, as Greg mentioned previously and you have a big disappointment .

Hi George,

Personally I think mounting a flash on top of pass through hotshoes is hopefully a thing of the past at best (to be replaced by radio master flash units). The main reason I was suggesting to Godox to implement a pass through hotshoe (originally a couple of years a go now) was to allow other radio transmitters to be mounted on top. And with every light having its own unique transmitter and radio system now, I think that’s more helpful than I had imagined at the time. Unfortunately I don’t think Godox or anyone else designing a transmitter again now will be sympathetic to that need though.

Regarding the interface, again this is far from what I would call ideal, and Godox had agreed to update this with a method I suggested to stop the groups scrolling on the LCD screen. I’m not sure where they are up to with that, though hopefully it will be implemented in the next firmware updates (likely around the end of the month).

I know its not obvious to understand if you haven’t followed the full progression of this system, though Godox are also well aware its not ideal yet.

• george 2 years ago

Ok Elv I would also agree with you on this.
        If my work was studio photography or any other controlled photoshoot I would not complain much. However as a wedding photographer I feel that this design will not cover me and for that reason I m sticking with the old transmitters even though the did not have a connector to my camera when used tied on my flash with a strap.
        I have been following godox progress through flashhavoc and I m still surprised by seeing them design things without considering the actual needs of real photographers, and yes wedding photographers like me that consist the biggest percentage of their market. I m sort of happy with godox but I think they should listen to us more. Unless of course think that studio photographers are more important than us as a market. My humble 2c

• Sportmode 2 years ago

Unfortunately, I don’t think the pass-thru hotshoe works. You can’t control an E-TTL flash connected to the X1 hotshoe as far as I can tell. I don’t typically want to do this, but with events, being able to do this means I can send a fill light that otherwise would make for some harsh images. Sending any support request to Godox from their website is a lost cause.

8. Marco 2 years ago

I do a lot of interior and product fotography, actually i use a profoto setup and i am quite happy but i would like to switch to a cheaper, portable, and battery powered system (buying some Ad360ii and some ad600)
    I have several questions and may be here someone can help me to find the answers.
    I understand this system has only 5 groups (profoto air system have 8) and often i use 6 or more flashes at differents power level, it’s possible to have some flashes (ad600 or ad360ii) out of the group setting and just set the power manually on the flash?

Doing interior photography sometime i need to shoot some “pass” shooting the flashes one at once, actually with profoto i use a second trigger, handheld (so i never touch the camera) to switch the lights on and off. It’s possible to to the same here, on the x1 trigger on the camer will override the setting at the moment of the shoot .

And it will be possible to change the power of the groups with a second, handheld transmitter, or the x1 on the camera will override the settings?

Thanks a lot!

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

V13 are now available for the Canon X1-C – hhttp://www.godox.com/CN/Downloads.html

You can turn the AD600 modelling light ON and OFF now by a quick double press of the Channel button. And the “Beep” via custom function 7.

Double clicking the receiver channel button allows you to scroll down channels, instead of scrolling all the way to 32, and back to 1. Its pretty tricky to keep double clicking though.

• Haim Solomon 1 year ago

I updated my X1C TX to v13, Can’t see Custom Function 8 but there’s new Custom Function 6 and 7. What they do?

• Andy 1 year ago

Yep, was just going to ask this too.

The translation on the chinese page (if it gives details of these CFn’s) is pretty unreadable.

CFn 06 gives an option of ’03’ or ’05’, so I wonder if it is something to do with groups?
        CFn 07 gives options of ‘–‘ or ‘on’ or ’07’, so I haven’t a clue what this could be.

Anyone shed any light on these?

• Andy 1 year ago

Just playing with it there, and CFn 06 is indeed the number of groups in Gr mode.
          So set it at ’03’ to get A, B, C or set it at ’05’ to get A, B, C, D, E

Still cant figure out what CFn 07 might be though.

• Mikhail 1 year ago

7 turns the beep on/off

• Mikhail 1 year ago

00 – 1
        07 – 8

10. Greg Dunn 1 year ago

Do we have an English translation of the full custom function list for v13? The Godox website manual download has not been updated yet…

11. Sportmode 1 year ago

V13 Update the User Defined values. Bug fixed, sometimes communcation problem occured between the top flash and Transmitter.
    V12: Add support for EOS 7D Mark II. Double click CH key to turn ON/OFF Modeling lamp. User can view the menu in page mode.

The V13 fixed the problem I was having where the flash on the X1C transmitter’s hotshoe was not being able to change FEC in ETTL mode. Now the hotshoe is assigned Group A, and you can change FEC from the transmitter. There’s a corresponding V13 firmware for the X1C receiver that allows you to go down in channel or group number by double-tapping the buttons.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

UPDATE – The new Page Mode interface (where the groups do not move around on the LCD screen) is actually working ok. Its not quite as I suggested, though it is working.

To engage the Page Mode interface hold the Channel button for 5 seconds, or until the groups show again on the screen (after the custom functions disappear).

A flashing Group letter now indicates the current group selected.

– To scroll down groups you press the Group button.
    – To scroll up groups you double click the Group button.
    – Then turn the dial to adjust the Group.
    – Press the channel button to lock in the setting.

This is not quite as I suggested (using the dial to select groups as before) though it is possibly quicker once you know the procedure. I think group selection with the dial again would be more intuitive.

• Andy 1 year ago

I actually really like this, once I played around with it for a bit and got used to it.
      I have it in Gr mode, and will leave it on 3 groups only (unless I need more).
      So this means nothing on the screen jumps around, and the wheel is ONLY used for power adjustments.

It’s a bit like the YN-560 TX using the group button to cycle through groups, and I prefer that, than your suggestion of group selection with the dial.

• Amir 1 year ago

Thanks for this. I couldn’t stand the original interface. This is becoming a lot more usable.

13. Mary 1 year ago

H,

currently i have the Godox V860C and i only use it OFF Camera. it has FT16S receiver and FT16 transmitter.

my questions

1. Can the X1C Transmitter control the power of V860C if i connect the V860C on the X1C receiver instead of the the FT16S ?

2. Is OFF-Camera TTL available if i connect the V860C in X1C receiver controlled by X1C transmitter ?

3. Can i control flash exposure compensation in TTL if i connect the V860C in X1C receiver?

4. If i use XT16s receiver i would only have HSS and no TTL right ?

5. Can the YN-E3-RT or ST-E3-RT control the X1C receiver ? Say for example i would want to use ST-E3-RT transmitter to control several X1C receiver.

14. Lou 1 year ago

How can I get the version 13 firmware…the link above is to the Chinese site, and I can’t read anything. V 13 is not available on the English site. I can’t control my off-camera Canon flashes with one in the transmitter hotshoe…will this correct that problem? I just got this thing, and I am ready to sent it back at this point.

15. Mark Kitaoka 1 year ago

With v13 installed in my X1 I cannot figure out the command to turn on/off the buzzer. I love that I can now turn the modeling light on and off!

16. Greg 1 year ago

It’s pretty clear even on the CN web page; there’s an English fragment “X1C-T V13” followed by a big old down-arrow icon. I think you know what to do. 😉

17. PeterA 1 year ago

Just thought I would mention, in case others hadn’t pointed it out, that for the Nikon X1Ns that the V14 version on the Chinese website has the Chinese characters taken out of the file/folder names. Installed correctly without hassle straight from the download. 🙂

18. Mikhail 1 year ago

Hello… I have tried on 4 different computers (Mac with an emulator, Win 10, 7) and I can’t for. The life of me get to update my transmitter. I continuously get a “AtLibUsbDfu.dll not found.” error. What am I missing?

19. Tom Mehlum 1 year ago

Hi Mikhail,
    You are not the first. But there in a solution for that a bit up here. It’s all about that Windows doesn’t allow unverified driveres. But Shlomi Cohen have a solution for that in his post a bit up here. It works!

• Mikhail 1 year ago

Ok, thank you! I will look for it!

• Tom Mehlum 1 year ago

Mikhail,
        Look way down on page 1. It’s long post with a list of “how-to”.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Hi Mikhail,

I have copied Shlomi’s instructions into this post here.

20. Mikhail 1 year ago

Thank you, Tom and Flash Havoc, both for your help! I found it and it worked! And shoutout to Shlomi for the tutorial!

21. Martini 1 year ago

Are there any chances for pentax K-1 support?

22. Tom Mehlum 1 year ago

Does anyone know how color stabel Godox AD-360s are?
    I did a shoot today with two 360s and got quit some color temp difference! Between 6000 and 7050 (most between 6000 and 6400).
    Portraits of 20 people on dark gray background sadly…
    Other gear in use: Canon 5D mark III and Canon 70-200 mm f/2.8 L II

23. Archag Tchorbadjian 1 year ago

“AtLibUsbDfu.dll” error persists no matter what I do. Tried three cables one brand new. No luck. I’m also finding a very annoying feature or maybe I’m not sure how to get around it. I can adjust the flash (AD600) power values manually, but when I click or even half-press my shutter (Canon) the flash defaults to the value on the X1 , so in effect I can never set my flash manually if I’m using the X1 transmitter. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks guys, really great resource here

24. Archag Tchorbadjian 1 year ago

PS: Sorry but to follow up on my last question about the Flash defaulting to the X! power settings, this also means that I can’t use the 1/256 power setting on the AD600, since the X1 has a minimum of 1/128.

25. Tom Mehlum 1 year ago

Hi Archag Tchorbadjian,
    The Solution for the “AtLibUsbDfu.dll” error is written in this thread a few times, but I’ll copy it here again for you:

Shlomi Cohen wrote this and it worked out perfekt:
    I have successfully upgraded the driver with Windows 10, here is what you need to do:

1. Do NOT connect the flash/trigger to the computer at this point. If you have already connected the device to the computer prior to the installation, you might have problems as the computer registers the device as unknown, and after that it gets pretty hard to make the computer disregard that.

2. Check the software version on the device and make sure you’re not already running the version you are updating to. If you’re running the latest version, there should be no reason to upgrade.
    On X1-T:
    Turn device OFF. Hold the MODE button pressed, and turn the device ON. The firmware version will be displayed.
    On X1-R:
    Turn device OFF. Hold the GR button pressed, and turn the device ON. The firmware version will be displayed.
    On TT685C:
    Press the C.fn button and the firmware version will be displayed at the top right corner.

3. Disable Driver Signature Verification using this guide: http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

4. Once the computer has restarted, run the installation and choose to install the drivers (even if you have installed them before). Make sure the installation has completed successfully. If there is an error with installing the drivers, try to correct the problem before continuing.

5. Let the installation install Java 7. I have not tested the software with later versions of Java, even though later versions were available.

6. Turn the device OFF and connect it to the PC using a USB cable. The display of the device will not show anything, but your PC should make a sound that a new device has been connected to it successfully, you might not find any new devices under the “Device Manager” in Windows, this is normal.

7. Run the firmware update software, make sure it is connected to the device and start the process.

8. After the process has finished, the display on the device might be on. Disregard that and unplug the device from the PC.

9. Check the firmware version on the device and make sure that it has updated.

10. Restart your PC to return to the normal driver signing verification mode in Windows.

Note: If you ever update the firmware for a different device (Transmitter/receiver/flash/whatever), repeat this entire process, including reinstalling the drivers. The drivers that are included with the firmware update software for flash triggers seem to not be working well with the flash, even though they show up under the same name.

Hope this helps.
    If this has indeed helped you, don’t be shy and give me a shout out. 🙂
    Shlomi Cohen.

You’re welcome to publish and share these instructions if needed.

26. Archag 1 year ago

Tom.
    Thank you very much for this information. I must have missed a step the first time. I did it all again and it worked perfectly. Much appreciated.

And once I installed firmware 13 I was able to go down to 1 /256th by selecting custom function number 5.

Thanks again Tom.

27. Tom Mehlum 1 year ago

Hi Archag,

Great to hear everything worked out fine for you.
    Remember you have to use the same routine for coming upgrades as well.

BR, Tom

28. Tom Mehlum 1 year ago

By the way: Any news about the new USB-receivers for AD360 (version I) that can be used with X1T?

29. Archag 1 year ago

The next trick is trying to figure out how to set the power on the flash head manually comma and not have the X1 override that setting when I press the shutter, and default to whatever the controller setting is. Not a big deal but I like to have full control over the gear. Thanks again Tom, and Shomi for taking the time, and all the instructions. Much appreciated

• nixland 1 year ago

Why don’t you change the power via X1 transmitter?

30. Archag 1 year ago

nixland.
    You’re absolutely right, and I do. I suppose I’ve gotten used to manually changing power on my old system and having the trigger simply be a trigger. It’s just a new way of working .

31. Shlomi Cohen 1 year ago

Thanks Tom & Archag. 🙂
    Tom, I believe the XT16 series are available again via eBay.

• Archag Tchorbadjian 1 year ago

Sorry for the name typo “Shlomi” 🙂

32. Tom Mehlum 1 year ago

Thanks Shlomi,

They are! I search for them earlier today, but I got the model name wrong.
    Thanks to your reply I have just ordered one for each of my AD360. I bought X1T-C some month ago, so I’m looking forward to see how they work together. And if I like it. I’m still quite fan of the old ones.

33. Mark Kitaoka 1 year ago

Does anyone know if there is a way to ‘turn off’ a light from the X1? I don’t need to actually have the unit power down, but to disable it so it won’t fire. One of the things I like about my PCB CyberCommander is I can turn off a light if I don’t want it illuminating the scene. (It actually can power down the Einstein)

Also as I begin to set up a scene I like to meter each light individually. One of the other benefits of the CyberCommander is it has a built in light meter. I am able to fire lights individually or in groups and meter them/it right from the controller. I understand I am not able to do that with the X1 and that’s fine, but I would like to fire each light individually. Barring turning the lights on and off on the unit, is there another way to do that?

• Archag Tchorbadjian 1 year ago

That’s easy. Select the Group/light from the scroll wheel, when the one you want off aligns with the triangle (or dot for older models) simply press the “mode” button which will cycle through modes TTL, M etc.. when you get two dashes, your light won’t fire.

• Mark Kitaoka 1 year ago

Thanks so much! That also take care of metering each light individually.

34. Mark Kitaoka 1 year ago

What is Fn 00 control?

35. Pablo 1 year ago

can anyone tell me if this trigger will work with my AD360 version 1 with HSS flash? I currently use the yongnuo for Nikon and the original trigger and receiver that came with my AD360 flash and I’m able to use HSS. I would like to use HSS with Canon but I would like to avoid having to buy new AD360 since I already have 4 lights. Can anyone help out with my question? Thank you!

36. Nate Hines 1 year ago

Can the Canon 600ex-rt trigger my Godox AD360 with the X1c receiver attached the AD360 hotshoe? I can’t seem to get this setup to work.

37. Shlomi Cohen 1 year ago

No Nate, it’s not supposed to and it can’t. The Canon RT system cannot communicate with other radio systems.

38. Nate Hines 1 year ago

Thanks guys for the input. I just purchased two Yongnuo YNE3-RX recievers on Amazon to be triggered by my Canon 600ex-rt.

39. Larry 1 year ago

I am using the X1 trigger with the studio strobes (via xtr16) and I am unable to set the power on the strobe via the transmitter. I can successfully trigger the flash after setting the power output directly on the light but not via the transmitter. Anyone knows how to do it?

40. Larry 1 year ago

The studio strobe I am using is a Godox SK400. The power setting goes from 1.0 (equivalent to 1/8) to 3.0 (equivalent to 1/1).

41. Rob 1 year ago

I see that Adorama Flashpoint has added their X1 compatible/ R2 TX/RX to virtually every camera. Panasonic, Olympus, Fuji, Pentax. The description proves to be copy and paste at this point, as some list Sony in the description. I am wondering if this is universal or dedicated to each specific camera.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Hi Rob,

The X1 / R2 triggers are dedicated for Canon, Nikon, and Sony at this stage. (Though they can be used on other cameras in remote manual use only (no TTL or HSS)).

Dedicated Panasonic, Olympus, Fuji, Pentax, versions are looking to come possibly around early 2017.

• Linh Nguyen 10 months ago

has there been any word on other dedicated versions? Alternatively, since I’m fine with pure manual, will these trigger still? I used to have problems with the cactus transceivers where I think only one of them fit properly, and I had to short pins to make it work..

42. Randell John 1 year ago

I’ve just received a X1T and am still waiting for delivery of a new AD600B from China.
    I already own a RS600P strobe, and was hoping to be able to control the power settings directly from the X1T, while using it alongside the AD600B.
    I have read that I’ll need a XTR16 Receiver to fire the RS600P using the new TX, but will I also be able to control the power using the XTR16?
    Thanks in advance.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Hi Randell,

Sorry for the slow reply. Yes you should be able to fire and control the power levels of the RS600P via the X1T and XTR-16 receiver (alongside the AD600B as well).

• Randell John 1 year ago

Many thanks for getting back to me. I literally got the new receiver this morning, and it seems to work fine. One thing though is that if I set the X1 to lower power settings not available to the RS600P i.e. below 1/32 power, the strobe started acting strangely. It began to fire continuously.
        I don’t know if this is fault or a minor incompatibility problem.
        Besides this glitch all else works very well.

43. Jesse Patterson 1 year ago

Does anyone know if the X1-C triggers are compatible with the Flashpoint R2 TTL Transmitter? I’m getting the Flashpoint XPLOR 600 HSS TTL and wanted to see if they are compatible with each other since it seems like Adorama just rebranded everything from Godox.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Hi Jesse,

Yes they are compatible.

The Adorama Flashpoint gear are rebranded Godox products. Though Adorama have also have also put a lot of time into trying to have them refined along the way.

• Jesse Patterson 1 year ago

Ah man that’s fantastic! I figured I can get the most expensive gear from Adorama and get the cheaper gear from Ebay. Thanks for your fast response!

44. Jesse Patterson 1 year ago

Also, will the Godox firmware be compatible with Adorama’s rebranded gear from Godox?

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Hi Jesse,

Yes the Godox and Flashpoint units use all the same firmware at this point.

Flashpoint may look to host the firmware themselves as well eventually.

45. Craig 1 year ago

Just got my X1-CT (actually a Flashpoint R2-C Transmitter) which came with firmware v14. Does anyone know what custom functions 6 and 7 do? The manual in the box and the one on Godox’s site only list up to custom function 5, and I can’t find a manual on Adorama’s site.

Also, disappointed that the trigger doesn’t work well on my Fuji X100T, even in single firing pin mode. The firing pin is just slightly too far forward to make a good connection on the Fuji shoe. If I move it back just the right amount it works. Hopefully those XT16 transmitters will be released soon since single pin foots usually fit better.

• Craig 1 year ago

Oh wait, I just used Google Translate on the Chinese version of Godox’s site and I got the following regarding custom functions:

V14
      1. pressing the Test button does not modify the lead flashing XTR-16 receiver problems

V13
      1. custom settings value to unambiguous value.
      2. repair the transmitter to communicate with the machine dome light problems.
      3. add custom control project receiving end buzzer (C.Fn-7 is set to on) Meaning and custom project settings refer to X1C_ emitter custom instructions .xlsx.
      4. Press CH button for 5 seconds to switch the operation mode (mode 1 / mode 2) customers can easily switch operation according to personal habits.

V12
      1. to add support for the Canon EOS 7D Mark II.
      2. increasing double-click button to turn on / off the AD600 modeling light function.
      3. increasing the control unit of page display, adjustment. Operation Refer to Annex: X1C key instructions.
      4. M / Multi power output values ​​of the receiving end is consistent.

V11
      1. fixes the problem can not be set by XTR16 AD360 output size or XTR16S.

V10
      at M / Multi mode, you can set the minimum output power to 1/256. (C.Fn-5 set to 1)

V09
      support second-curtain sync. (C.Fn-4 is set to 1, the shutter must be in the range 30 s – between S 1/30)

V08
      strengthen wireless anti-interference ability, adjust CH9 / CH 12 / CH15 / CH18 / CH21 / CH24 / CH27 / CH30 channel frequency, this eight channels are not compatible with older versions, please upgrade related equipment.

V06
      1. fix some 5DIII camera GR mode without the main flash problem.
      2. increase support for the 760D.

V05
      1. resolve compatibility issues 1DX the camera;
      2. Increase Multi (stroboscopic flash function);
      a. short press MODE button to switch TTL-> M-> Multi (No icon temporarily)
      b. after switching to the Multi mode, press mODE button to enter the Multi settings T– H– flashes flash frequency
      c. press mODE to return to main menu

46. Craig 1 year ago

Elvis,
    Maybe add the following to the bottom of this page?
    C.Fn-06 – Switch between 3 and 5 groups in Group Mode
    C.Fn-07 – Turn flash firing beep on/off – [ — = OFF ] [ on = ON ]

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Thanks Craig,

I have added those to the list, and updated the descriptions to the previous Custom Functions as well.

Also added a description of the Page Mode interface option.

(Now I just have to work these out for the Nikon and Sony versions 🙂 ).

47. Tapio 1 year ago

So, I have the following issue with my X1C, maybe you guys can help:
    I switched the unit from TTL to Manual, Group Mode (so as to have both TTL and Manual flashes in the group). I need to use this mode because, apparently, it’s the only mode where you can disable a single flash by repeatedly tapping the Mode button until two lines appear next to the group.
    All fine and dandy, but whenever I hit the Test button, the flash still fires and whenever I half press the shutter on my camera, the trigger switches out of Manual Group mode back to TTL mode.
    Is there any way of switching of a flash from the trigger?
    Also, I just updated the X1C to firmware version U14. Is this an issue with this firmware?

• Shlomi Cohen 1 year ago

Tapio,
      It’s probaby because your camera does not support Gr mode. Only cameras that were announced after 2012 support Gr mode.
      Maybe try to enable single pin firing from the c.fn , though you might lose other functions such as ttl or hss.

• Tapio 1 year ago

Well, that would make total sense, seeing as how I use two 60D cameras. Already figured I could use single pin firing, however, that doesn’t seem to solve the problem (while also introducing new ones, like you pointed out).
        Oh, well… Seems like I’ll have to lower power to 1/128 or simply walk to the flash and turn it off manually. At least it’s good to know the feature will be there when I upgrade my cameras.
        Thanks for the quick reply and clarifications!

48. VasilisK 1 year ago

Hi, I ve recently bought the v8600ii c flashes with the x1t c transmitter and I m having a very weird problem ! The flashes when they get near the transmitter don’t get any signal ! ! when they are away half meter and more everything works ok ! Does anyone knows anything about that?? thanks !

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Hi VasilisK,

Have you tried changing channels at all?

Its not uncommon for some radio triggers and radio flash gear not to work at very close distances, though I haven’t really notice that issue before with the Godox system.

• VasilisK 1 year ago

I ve tried in all the channels tried different groups but the same thing happening ! When they are in close diastance they do not work ! ! I am sending e mails to the godox contact e mail but they are not answering at all !! I am so much disapointed from godox and want to share this problem where ever I can.

• Eduardo 1 year ago

Same thing with me.. x1t & xt16 transmitter won’t communicate if it’s too close to the receiver XTR16(AD360), TT600 or TT685. it’s very frustrating if you will do a macro shots. I’d never experienced this in my yongnuo trigger and flashes but it’s too late I already sold all my yongnuo flashes.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Hi Edwardo,

In recent X1T transmitter firmware updates Godox added a short range mode to resolve this.

If you check the change log in the latest firmware there are details there.

49. Adam 1 year ago

Hi!

Is OK if I add a Canon 430ex II on top of a X1-C on a 7D mark II? TTL is going to work without issues?

Thank you!

50. koko 1 year ago

I thought I ad had a major problem with the X1-C. During a session. It would misfire on many shots, I mounted and remounted, tightened etc.. with no luck when I pressed the shutter, but the test button on the transmitter worked and did fire the light.

It was lucky that I was happy with the shots I had already but decided to take a few more shots hoping for a lucky few that worked. It was embarrassing, but then for no logical reason, everything worked without my changing anything but I did notice that instead of being a few inches away from the head AD600, I was more like 2 feet away, and then as I resumed my very close postilion below the light, it would misfire again. So the first question is “why?” – I see above a mention that some transmitters don’t work when too close to the light – makes no sense. Second question is why the test button worked to fire the light from the same position that I was having trouble with when using the camera’s shutter button.

• Randell John 1 year ago

I had a problem using my X1 C and a XTR 16 which I was using to fire my RS600P. When I got too close to the strobe with the transmitter, the flash started to fire on it’s own, and the pack turned itself off.
      Obviously its some sort of radio interference problem, so I’ll be careful not to do it again.
      I used the system for the first time on a paid shoot yesterday, and fired both my RS600P and AD600B without any problems at all.
      The only thing I’ve noticed is that the recharge beep on the RS600P turns off as soon as the strobe fires.
      Just a software glitch I suppose, and a small annoyance.
      In general I’m very pleased with the set up.

• Greg 1 year ago

The reason that some transmitters fail when too close – it’s actually the receiver which is being overloaded by RF signal. All receivers have an effective dynamic range within which the signal can be recovered and sent on to the digital stages. Too low, and noise/interference can cause misfires. Too high, and the RF stage of the receiver clips, generating tons of harmonics which interfere with the demodulation and downstream signal, also causing misfires. Designing a receiver with a usable dynamic range generally means sacrificing overload capability for sensitivity – this is a struggle that RF designers will never overcome. Better designs with more dynamic range are more expensive, which is why less expensive triggers have either shorter range or less overload capability – and sometimes both.

• Nathaniel Downes 1 year ago

Does this mean that a flash on a bracket (with receiver) would not fire because it would be too close to the transmitter on the hotshoe? This is what I do with my Phottix Odin’s and it works quite well so that I can have on camera flash plus multiple flashes around the room. I can trigger all flashes or with a flip of a button just fire the off camera flashes or turn them off and have just an on camera flash. It really helps when shooting a large room from a single position with multiple focal lengths which happens in conference work all the time.