GODOX – X1-N – TTL Triggers for Nikon – Now Available

GODOX X1-C

Godox have released the Nikon X1-N, TTL and HSS enabled 2.4GHz radio trigger system for Nikon DSLRs.

The X1-N are Godox’s first TTL enabled radio triggers available for Nikon, and they have been released alongside the new TT685N Speedlite, with compatible radio transceiver built inside.

The X1-N transmitter can also be used to trigger and control Godox’s new AD600 TTL strobes, as well as the AD360 II Bare bulb flashes.

Its even now possible to control legacy remote manual Godox strobes via the X1-N transmitter, when using new XTR-16 receivers.

Godox X1-N

The X1-N triggers are comprised of separate transmitter and receiver units, with X1-N receivers being compatible with Nikon DSLR compatible speedlites like the Nikon SB-910, SB-900, SB700 etc.

As well as Nikon iTTL compatible flashes like Godox’s own V860N.

GODOX_X1-C

The X1-N provide a full group style interface allowing up to 5 groups to be individually set to either TTL, Manual, or Off.

And importantly TTL and Manual Groups can be conveniently mixed together as needed.

GODOX_X1-C

The X1-N provide TTL, HSS (High Speed Sync) and most of the features comparable popular TTL triggers provide, even a HSS Pre-sync Timing Adjustment.

Godox have even considered small (though important) details like PC Sync Input and Output, something most radio triggers constantly miss.

At the time of writing this the X1-N unfortunately do not provide Second Curtain Sync. Though that may change in time as the Canon version X1-C have now been updated through firmware to provide Second Curtain Sync.

GODOX X1-N FEATURES

• Godox 2.4GHz RF Radio System
  • Range – 100m +
  • Flash Modes – iTTL / M / OFF
  • Second Curtain Sync
  • FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 Stops)
  • FEL (Flash Exposure Lock)
  • Remote Flash Zoom (Auto / Manual) (Global for All Groups Only)
  • Group Mode – 5 Groups A / B / C / D / E   (D & E Are Remote Manual Only)
  • Large LCD Display with Back Light
  • HSS Delay Setting – 0~19.9ms, (100us Increments)
  • Modeling flash
  • AF Assist light (With an On/Off Switch)
  • Wireless Shutter Release
  • Micro USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
  • Transmitter PC Sync Port – Input & Output
  • Receiver 2.5mm Sync and Shutter Release Port – Output

Godox X1-N

The X1-N transmitter features a large clear LCD panel interface, and fast adjustment control wheel.

Godox have even provided a simple switch on the side of the transmitter allowing the Focus Assist Light to be switched on and off when needed.

GODOX_X1-C

X1-N receivers provide a simple Channel and Group selection interface.

GODOX_X1-C

The X1-N receivers 2.5mm Sync Port output can be used for wired and wireless shutter release, as well as firing studio strobes.

(Canon version X1-C shown below).

GODOX_X1-C

GODOX X1-N SPECS

Model  X1N
 Type  For Nikon
 Compatible with  Nikon cameras (i-TTL autoflash)
 Support all cameras that have PC sync socket
 Build-in Remote System  2.4 G wireless transmission
 Modulation Method  MSK
 Power Supply  2*AA batteries
 Exposure Control
 Manual Flash  Support
 TTL Auto Flash  i-TTL
 TTL Control
 High Speed Sync (HSS)  Support
 Flash Exposure Compensation (FEC)  Support, ±3 stops 1/3 stop increments
 Flash Exposure Lock (FEL)  Support
 Focus Assist  Manual open
 Rear Curtain Sync  No
 Modeling Flash  Support, fired with cameras depth of field preview button
 Wireless Flash
 Wireless Function  in TTL mode, Ratio off
 in M mode, Flash Ratio(A B C)
 Support GR (grouping flash)
 Controlled Slave Groups  in the GR grouping mode, 5 (A/B/C/D/E)
 in the Ratio grouping mode, 3(A/B/C)
 Transmitter Distance  >100 meters
 Channel  32 channels
 Others
 Synchronization Delay Set  Support (0-10ms, set in unit of 100us )
 Wireless Shutter Release  Receiver can control cameras shooting through 2.5mm shutter release interface
 Zoom Setting  The focal length can be adjusted through the transmitter
 Display Panel  Wide LCD panel, backlight on/off
 Output Interface  Transmitter: use a PC port to input and output;
 Receiver: use a 2.5mm sync cable to output
 Firmware Upgrade  Use the Micro USB port to upgrade
 Memory Function  Settings will be stored 2 seconds after last operation and recover after a restart
 Transmitter Size/ Weight  72x75x52(mm)/100g

X1T-N  CUSTOM FUNCTIONS

C.Fn-00 – Synchronization Delay Setting –  [ 00 = OFF ] [ 1-100 US delay setting ]

C.Fn-01 – Single Contact Mode –  [ – –  = OFF ] [ on = ON ] (stops transmitter going to sleep)

C.Fn-02 – Zoom Setting –  [ AU = Changes with lens ] [ 20, 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 80, 105… ]

C.Fn-03 – PC Sync Socket –  [ In = PC Sync connect with Camera ] [ ou = PC Sync connects with Flash ]

C.Fn-04 – Multi Flash OFF/ON –  [ – –  = OFF ] [ on = ON ]

C.Fn-05 – Enable 1/256 Power Level –  [ 1/128 = OFF ] [ 1/128- = ON ]  (1/256 is displayed as 1/128-)

C.Fn-06 – AF Assist Light OFF/ON –  [ – –  = OFF ] [ on = ON ]

C.Fn-07 – Switch between 3 and 5 groups in GR Group Mode –  [ 03 = 3 groups ] [ 05 = 5 groups ]

C.Fn-08 – Turn remote flash beep Off / On –  [ – –  = OFF ] [ on = ON ]

C.Fn-09 – Updates slave strobes Settings before each shot, Off / On – [ – –  = OFF ] [ on = ON ]

C.Fn-10 – APP Mode – Triggers the flash only – Off / On – [ – –  = OFF ] [ on = ON ]

MODELLING LIGHT ON / OFF –

A function to remotely turn the modelling light On and Off on strobes like the AD600B has also been added to the X1 transmitters.

Double pressing the Channel button will turn the modelling light ON or OFF.

PAGE MODE INTERFACE

After some persuasion and the help from Adorama / Flashpoint, Godox have implemented a static Page Mode interface option, which stops the groups from moving around on the transmitters LCD screen.

To engage the Page Mode interface hold the Channel button for 5 seconds, or until the groups show again on the LCD screen (after the custom functions disappear).

A flashing Group letter now indicates the current Group selected.

– Single press the Group button – To scroll down groups.
– Double press the Group button – To scroll up groups.
– Turn the Dial – To adjust the Group setting.
– Press the Channel button – To lock in the setting (will also lock in automatically after 2 seconds)

(Unfortunately this is still not quite as we suggested, which would be using the dial to quickly select groups. Though at least the groups are not constantly scrolling around on the LCD screen now).

Godox have also implemented Custom Function C.Fn-07, which allows the display of just 3 groups when you’re currently not using all 5.

This makes it faster to scroll through (by continually pressing the Group button) just 3 groups all displayed on the one page, to select the group you’re after.

The Godox X1-N TTL triggers for Nikon are available now from around $80 a set of Tx & Rx –

AdoramaEbay, Amazon, UK.

Godox – Website

1. Bjorn 9 months ago

I have XPro-N and X1R-N. I set my Nikon SB-800 on TTL-mode with the reciver.
    On the XPro in mode TTL it working excellent. But when I change the mode to M on the transmitter the SB on the reciver not responding on different M settings from my transmitter, only a tiny flash. IF I press the test flashbutton on the transmitter the SB-800 more corresponde to M settings, Why?

XPro latest firmware 1,3. X1R latest firmware 2,0

2. Indra 9 months ago

Hi, I’m writing to see if anyone can help me, I’ve just bought the Godox X1N T and R kit, and I would not like to be helped as it should be to work with a Nikon SB900.

I have tried it in TTL and in Manual and I can not get the Transmitter to change the power in the SB900, I do not know if the screen of the SB900 should see the power change once it is done in the transmitter or I should not it is reflected in the flash but that the change of power is effective.

In which modality I must place the Nikon SB900 so that I work with the Godox X1, at present the only thing the Goths do is activate the flash but they do not allow the power change.

Could you help me

Hi Indra,

You will need to set the SB-900 to regular TTL mode, even when the transmitter is set for manual power levels (no master or slave modes set on the flash, just regular TTL mode).

The manual power settings will not show on the speedlight because it is in TTL mode. Though the output of the flash should adjust to the manual power settings set on your transmitter.

• Marc 9 months ago

Thank you for the feedback, however that is still not working. The zoom works as well. And the power works if I press the flash button on the transmitter, however when I take a picture, it’s just the same faint flash every time.

Any clarity would e much appreciated!

• Steven Robinson 8 months ago

Put the flash into TTL, the transmitter to manual and it’ll alter to what you set it.

3. Chris 9 months ago

Hi. I have the X1Tn attached to my flash and the X1Rn attached to my camera hotshoe with a cable to my Nikon D700. I have been experimenting with off camera flash and wireless shutter release. Basically, the X1Tn fires my shutter ok, but the flash is not synched it seems and doesn’t fire at the same time as the shutter and therefore is ineffective and has no bearing on the image. Is there a solution to this. In other situations the flash works ok… eg. trigger on hotshoe of camera and flash on top and receiver in another part of the house with a flash on it. Any advice will be much appreciated. Cheers. Chris. I have a photo but there is no place to upload.

4. Chris 9 months ago

Just to clarify…. the flash fires when i click the transmitter button–before the shutter on the camera it seems. Also my shutter speeds are around well below 250. I’m sure there is something very obvious but I can seem to work it out.

5. Jason 8 months ago

Can X1T-N trigger/control a Fuji Specific flash (e.g. TT650 or TT350)? Can those flash (TT350 or TT650 for Fuji)detect the trigger and work on its signal? or do i have to buy a receiver to attach on the flash?

• John Wilson 8 months ago

Hi Jason!

The Nikon trigger will work with those two Fuji specific flashes. In fact it will work with any current Godox flash. Any problems – check the firmware versions on all the devices.

6. Chris 8 months ago

Flash Havoc… are u able to provide an answer to my question please…… or anyone? Is what I’m trying to achieve possible? Would it be possible using the newer Xpro-N? Cheers

Hi Chris,

For shutter release you need to use a separate set of triggers to the flash system. So one set is acting as a dedicated shutter release, and the other as the flash triggers.

You can use 2 sets of Godox X1 triggers to do both, but then you need to have one set of triggers on a different channel than the other set.

Some other systems like Canon RT can actually do what you’re suggesting.

The Xpro N will not help over the X1T-N for this.

• John Wilson 8 months ago

I’ve always found this a bit annoying. The trigger can obviously receive as well as send. The problem was that you used to have to use two channels because the strobes can’t tell the difference between the fire command for the camera release from the one that triggers the flash. This is no longer true. With Wireless ID you can have one value for the camera fire command and a different one for the strobe fire command so you don’t need two channels.

It would appear to be a reasonably straightforward firmware modification to implement this. I wonder if Godox will do it?

7. Chris 8 months ago

Oh yes I see what you mean FH, thanks. More complicated than I thought it would be, I suppose the upside is that they are not expensive to buy if I go down that track. Cheers for clarifying that, I couldn’t work it out after many attempts. Chris

8. Bernardo 8 months ago

Hi, I have the xpro-n and x1r-n with a sb-900. Like in other comments with sb-900 in normal TTL the manual remote control of power don’t work and the flash not synchronize. In TTL works correctly

9. hashem 7 months ago

HI there
    i have a really frustrating issue with the X1 trigger, and i hope i can find a solution through you,
    and here’s my story:
    i have purchased new setup from Godox ( 2 units of Wistro AD600B, and 3 units of Wistro AD200) and i’m using the X1 trigger to control all of the setup, and now i wanted to use my Nikon SB910 flash on top of my camera along with the AD200 backlit, so i placed it on top of the X1 trigger(in the show of X1 trigger), and the problem is, the flash is dimmed 4 or 5 stops, so even if i put the SB910 on Manual full power, it doesn’t reach anywhere near full power, it’s hardly 1/8 or 1/16 power, i tried so many things, no use..!!
    and now i really don’t know what to do, i want to keep my AD200, but it looks like i will not be able to use my Nikon SB910 flash on top of my camera with the trigger
    please advise.

thanks

10. Scott Spencer-White 5 months ago

Excellent information – swayed my final decision, just bought 4 units to replace my current (now ancient) Yongnuo system.