GODOX X1T-O Transmitter – For Olympus / Panasonic Announced

Godox X1T-O

Godox have announced the X1T-O / Flashpoint R2 transmitter for Olympus and Panasonic camera systems.

The X1T-O transmitter provides TTL, HSS, SCS, as well as a HSS timing adjustment.

Legacy remote manual Godox strobes can also be fired and manually controlled via the X1T-O transmitter, when using XTR-16 receivers.

Godox X1T-O

The X1T-O provide a group style interface allowing up to 5 groups. And groups can be individually set to either TTL, Manual, or Off.

And importantly TTL and Manual Groups can be conveniently mixed together as needed.

Godox X1T-O

GODOX X1T-O FEATURES

• Godox 2.4GHz X Radio System
  • Range – 100m +
  • Flash Modes – TTL / M / OFF
  • Second Curtain Sync (Set Via the Camera)
  • FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 Stops)
  • FEL (Flash Exposure Lock)
  • Remote Flash Zoom (Auto / Manual) (Global for All Groups Only)
  • Groups – A / B / C / D / E  (5 Groups)
  • Large LCD Display with Back Light
  • HSS Delay Setting – 0~19.9ms, (100us Increments)
  • Modeling flash
  • AF Assist Light (Manual)
  • Micro USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
  • Transmitter PC Sync Port – Input & Output
  • Receiver 2.5mm Sync Port

GODOX X1T-O COMPATIBLE CAMERAS

At the time of release the following cameras models have been tested compatible by Godox-

Godox X1T-O

GODOX X1T-O SPECS

Godox X1T-O

The Godox X1T-O TTL transmitters are available for pre-order now from approx $46 –

AdoramaAmazonUKEbay

Godox – Website

Canon version – X1-C
Nikon version – X1-N
Sony version – X1-S
Fuji version – X1-F

1. JL Williams 3 weeks ago

They haven’t tested the E-M 5, E-M 5 Mk II, or E-M 1 Mk II? Or they have tested them and found them not to be compatible??

• Lisa Warren 3 weeks ago

I would love to hear the answer to this.

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Its usually just that Godox haven’t tested them, and therefore are not claiming full compatibility.

Though in this case I’m not sure because the EM-5 II are listed as compatible with the TT350O flash. So the engineers obviously have the camera to test with, so I’m not really sure.

• Lisa Warren 3 weeks ago

I hope they will announce these when they test. I have the Nikon flashes and I understand they will work with this transmitter will work with these.

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Going by the other combinations already available so far they should work with remote power control and HSS, though chances are TTL will likely not work with Nikon speedlites and the X1R-N receivers.

So if its just the Nikon speedlites you want to use, you may actually be better off looking at the Cactus V6II at this stage.

EDIT – Sorry if you meant Nikon version Godox flashes like the V860II/TT685N, then TTL, HSS, and remote manual power control should all work with the Godox Olympus/Panasonic transmitters/mater flashes.

• Ulysses Ashton 2 weeks ago

The X1T-O works beautifully with the Olympus flagship E-M1 Mark II.

EDITED – And if you’re using it to trigger a V860II for Nikon, it works beautifully in TTL and in HSS.

• Ulysses Ashton 2 weeks ago

Sorry about my typo. I meant to say an X1T-O for Olympus can trigger and accurately control a V860II-N for Nikon in both Manual and TTL mode.

Here’s a little test I performed last night to add to the discussion here. Hope it helps with some of the questions from excited Olympus, Panasonic, and Fuji shooters.

Flash Havoc 2 weeks ago

Thanks Ulysses,

I edited your comment so that I think it says what you meant now.

Also edited my comment above as I though Lisa was referring to using genuine Nikon speedlights.

• Ulysses 2 weeks ago

Awesome, thanks for having my back! 🙂

I’m pleasantly surprised that there’s been a lot of excitement over these tools for Olympus and Fuji shooters. If early responses are any indication, I expect Godox and sellers to be just as pleased by photographers — both pro and enthusiasts — buying these. The way I see it, they’re a doorway to the larger Godox X System of lighting for a generation of photographers who previously had rather few satisfying lighting options available to them, let alone an advanced radio-wireless system of flashes and strobes.

• Rick 11 hours ago

I beleive the OMD em5 has a different pin-out on the Hotshoe then the MKII and the EM1

2. ramin 3 weeks ago

flashhavoc; How about the Fuji version? I’ve been expecting to hear this one from you. Take a look here this one is one week old already: http://www.fujirumors.com/first-image-godox-x1t-f-flash-trigger-fujifilm/

Also why is Godox still making this ugly and bulky X1 trigger and not the X32?

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Hi Ramin,

I’m really not sure whats happening with the XT32. I can only assume Godox want to concentrate on the X2 at this stage.

The XT32 don’t do TTL, though they don’t have flash zoom or modelling light power control etc either, so I can only guess Godox would want to concentrate on the X2 first which should cover more functionality.

I would think they will announce the X1T-F pretty soon.

• Mario 3 weeks ago

XT32 don’t do TTL?? Surely wrong, Elvis.

• Hans 3 weeks ago

It’s true, no TTL but I hate TTL so that’s fine by me. I really want the XT32F. I pre-ordered the X1T-f anyway just to show them the demand for Fuji stuff is there. I can always use it as a backup remote anyway once the XT32F comes out.

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Again I’m really not sure whats happening with the XT32. Godox changed their page to state just Canon and Nikon versions. And last I asked Flashpoint they were not aware of new models coming yet.

Maybe Godox will wait and see what the reaction is like to their X2, and the Flashpoint version. Because even if you don’t use TTL they should have more function like zoom control and modelling light control.

And they are more slimline than the X1. Provided Godox don’t mess things up in the mean time, I would certainly prefer the Flashpoint X2 over the XT32, even for manual use.

In any case though I don’t think its worth holding your breath waiting, the X1 are the way to go for now.

• Charles 2 weeks ago

Is there a page or anywhere that I can read up on the x2 transmitter? Or perhaps you can elaborate on it a bit more in terms of whatever information you can share? I’ve been using the x1 since it has been released and can’t wait to have it updated and hopefully more efficient for fast paced shooting. The small comments you drop every now and then about the x2 is really interesting me. I come here everyday in hopes of finding out something new about the x2 and have more interest in it right now compared to any other news.

Flash Havoc 2 weeks ago

Hi Charles,

Unfortunately I’m not really meant to be giving out any specifics on the transmitters. I know its frustrating being completely in the dark though so I’ve tried to offer some insight without being too specific.

As I’ve mentioned previously, there are currently separate Flashpoint and Godox versions. The case and button layout is different between them, though they share the same LCD screen, and likely most of the LCD interface functions.

So both transmitters will have a large dot matrix LCD capable of displaying 5 groups at a time. And one of my requests was that they have a large single group display option as well, though I don’t know for sure yet if Godox will follow through with that.

Both transmitters will have individual group buttons, though in different locations, and the Flashpoint version has a lot more buttons for quick access to functions.

The physical layout and hardware are basically locked in now and we are waiting on the first working sample. Its been a couple of months now though so I wouldn’t be surprised if Godox have it 95% finished to the way they want it before we see anything, and then we will have to try and work backwards from there if things needs refinement or changing etc.

Its still possible we could have something really good, though I’m still very nervous it could go either way, becasue Godox have been on a different page from the start, and its still easy to mess it up from here. The X1 for example don’t need to be half as difficult as they, even with the current hardware.

Fingers crossed 🙂

• Charles 2 weeks ago

Thank you so so much for this information all layed out like that. It’s very exciting to read and will definitely satiate my appetite for the news about it for now.

Of all the transmitters I’ve used in the past, to me, the one with the perfect physical layout has been the Phottix Strato multi transmitter. The fact that you can physically just press ABCD to go to the different groups helped me out so much with my setup (3 or 4 different groups on the reception dance floor) that I was sad to have to switch over to the Godox transmitters when I switched systems.

Knowing that the x2 has more physical buttons is such great news!

• deejjjaaaa 3 weeks ago

> Take a look here this one is one week old already:

we are waiting for Godox to fix a firmware bug in X1T-S for > 6 month already … so one week is nothing

3. Olaf 3 weeks ago

I’m confused by the statement
    “And the X1T-O can trigger and control Godox’s complete range of 2.4HGz enabled flash units.”

But the AD360 II for instance is dedicated to a certain camera brand (Canon, Nikon, Sony, but no Olympus).
    May be the branding is important only when used on camera as master ?
    In this case I could take the Olympus trigger (on camera as master) and then buy any of the AD360 II .

May it’s better to wait for the X2 anyway.

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Hi Olaf,

Yes as CyberDyneSystems replied below, the dedicated brand specific aspect is only important when using the flash on camera, or as master on camera.

So yes you would need to buy a Canon or Nikon version AD360II.

With the success of the AD200 I seriously doubt Godox will make more versions of the current AD360II. Next time they will surely be an off-camera cordless strobe like the AD200. (Though they are not development one for now).

4. Mark 3 weeks ago

This is certainly good new to the m4/3 world. Though I wish that Godox would improve the GUI on this thing, it is a pain to use. Very slow.

5. CyberDyneSystems 3 weeks ago

Olaf,

The brand specific aspects of any Godox 2.4GHz light is only applicable when it is master. As a Slave,. I believe all of them will work with any of the brand specific transmitters. ie: A Canon AD360II can be triggered by an X1-T for Nikon.

this from the main Godox page on this website

“Another major feature is the intercompatibility between Canon, Nikon, Sony, M4/3 and Fuji systems. So all of the speedlites and strobes in the Godox 2.4GHz system now provide Auto Sensing radio slave modes for Canon, Nikon, Sony, M4/3, and Fuji .

This means you can use Canon, Nikon, Sony, M4/3, and Fuji version transmitter units, or master speedlites, with the same set of slave strobes and speedlites, and they will automatically switch to the corresponding slave mode as required. And this includes full TTL functionality where available.”

6. Ricardo Gomez 3 weeks ago

Haha! Awesome answer to my eMail from a few days ago!

I thought having the appropriate transmitter for the firmware upgrade was going to take a month or two. Standard camera gear SOP. But damn, this was fast! Excellent job Godox!

Finally, finally a quality lighting system for m43. I’ve been using an Einstein system in manual mode and I’ve really liked the results. But tuning the settings is such a time suck. Not to mention when you have a highly mounted modifier, you have to bring it back down to make adjustments.

Godox, I hope you are highly rewarded for your work!

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Hi Ricardo,

Sorry I was meaning to get to your email reply!

• Ricardo Gomez 2 weeks ago

Oh no Elvis. No problem at all. I thought the time in-between my eMail and the posting was funny. Kinda like “Oh, I’ll let him wait because this posting is going to floor him!” I apologize if my original posting sounded negative.

You know from my previous questions about m43 lighting systems, that these recent announcements from Godox is fantastic news. I was looking at the Profoto system and hoping with their recent adoption of Olympus MFT, that Panasonic support would be a given. I inquired but no Panasonic support yet. And as much as I love Profoto gear, those B1(X) Airs are bank. But if nothing else support HSS and/or TTL on MFT natively, what choice do I have?

I really love the Godox ecosystem and what they’re doing. They can be a dominant force in the low to midrange photography demographic if they want.

7. Marc 3 weeks ago

I’m also interessted in the mft version of the X1T but on question bugs me to which I haven’t found an answer yet. I do have two Oly flashes and would like to use them for FP sync work (FL50 and FL36). Is it possible to just buy 3 X1Ts and use one as transmitter while the others trigger the flashes as receiver in FP TTL mode?
    Or will I have to buy two 685s and only one X1T to achive this setup?

Thanx already for feedback!

Flash Havoc 3 weeks ago

Hi Marc,

The X1 transmitters can not work as receivers unfortunately. So yes at this stage you would need to get some Godox radio slave speedlites like the TT685.

Might be a good opportunity to upgrade to an AD200 instead though 🙂

8. Marc 3 weeks ago

Thanx for that info! Do yo knowif there will be x1r for mft in the near futue?

9. Ulysses 2 weeks ago

I have the X1T-O… V860II-O… TT685-O… and TT350-O… from Godox for testing. Here’s a little introductory video about them (not sure if the link will show up and be clickable here on Flash Havoc). I’ll try to produce more as I have the time. If anyone has questions, I can also try to help answer.

• Marc 2 weeks ago

Thanx Ulysses!
      That is great anyway 😉
      But since I lile my FL50 and FL36 i’d like to continue using them. Thats why I asked about the X1R. As one can see the X1T doesn’t support a top mounted flash in TTL mode since there is only one pin which I think is pitty.
      So do you know if there will be a X1R-o?
      And good video btw!

• Marc 1 week ago

Hi Ulysses!
      I just received my x1t’s and in the manual the tt685o and the tt860iio are already mentioned. Do you by chance can tell anything about a release date for those units?
      My tt600 are still on their way so I can’t test the triggers funtionality, but it would be awesome to get my hands on ttl capable oncamera godox flashes and test ttl functionality!

• Marc 7 days ago

Nevermind! You ca already order the TT685O on Amazon.com.
        Estimated delivery is expected by end of August…

• Ulysses 5 days ago

Marc, yes… the TT685Ⓞ and the V860IIⓄ should be available for ordering within the next couple months, from what I hear. I already have the production-level models in hand, and they work well.

Flash Havoc (Elv): I believe I’m onto a bug which seems to affect the system universally. I do not know when this was introduced. Let’s start with two cameras, each with an X1T (brand might not matter), and you set one of them for TTL and the other for Manual. They are alternately each triggering the same slave lights. But the one with TTL will essentially take over the triggering. The X1T in Manual mode can trigger the lights, but cannot change the power level. The only thing that snaps the system out of it is pressing the TEST button on the X1T in Manual mode. However, as soon as the X1T in TTL triggers again, the system locks into TTL. Others have confirmed this issue. I believe Godox needs to address this because lots of pros (and many enthusiasts) may use one camera in Manual mode and another in TTL depending upon the needs of the shoot. Thanks if you can get a message to them to examine this!

Flash Havoc 4 days ago

Hi Ulysses,

I’m still trying to get my head around how this works now myself. The different gear has updated settings in different ways from the beginning, and I think that’s possibly changed numerous times along with the many firmware updates.

I assume you are mainly referring to the X1T-O transmitter though? The current X1T-C and X1T-N firmware at least now provides a new custom function, C.Fn-08 and C.Fn-09 respectively, which if turned ON updates the slave strobe settings before each shot. And the appears to work in TTL or Manual.

The V860II-C does not have this custom function option though, and I have to press the test fire button (or adjust settings) to update the slave flash before taking a shot.

Is there a C.Fn-08 (or C.Fn-09) in your X1T-O transmitter by any chance?

10. Ulysses 2 weeks ago

Additionally, someone asked me if the various Godox transmitting devices were cross-brand compatible. In other words, can an X1T transmitter for Olympus control a V860II flash for Canon. The answer is YES you can. You get TTL, Manual, and HSS control. Simply have the proper brand’s device in the hot shoe of your camera, and you can control the receiving device regardless of brand.

Here’s a little video demonstrating triggering. A bit later I will try to demonstrate Manual and TTL control while cross-brand compatible.

11. Ulysses 2 weeks ago

Marc, I haven’t heard anything about development for an X1R for Olympus. I don’t know if they want to put the resources into it, or at the very least I’m not sure they see a big enough market for it to be profitable.

12. Andrés Rozo 2 weeks ago

Do you have any news regarding the Pentax version?

Flash Havoc 2 weeks ago

Hi Andrés,

Sorry I haven’t heard of any mention of a Pentax version at all. I don’t know what Godox’s future plans are in that regard, though in any case I would imagine they will be spending some time catching their breath after pushing out M4/3 and Fuji. I think its been a big push just to get those out and the full system compatible.

• Becker 1 week ago

The next months will be interesting: Godox vs Cactus!
        Cactus will start the Pentax TTL version next and the follow with the MFT version. So for MFT the Godox will be introduced earlier.

With Cactus you can use your existing flashes, Godox has the much bigger program of new flashes.

There will be a solution for everyone 🙂

13. Josh Hall 3 days ago

Does anyone know how the AF assist works on these? It says “manual open” does that mean you have to press the af assist button, get focus, and then turn it off again before taking the photo? Do the tt350o or tt685o have the same function? Is automatic AF assist possible with panasonics? Or do they not send a signal through the hot shoe? Thanks.

14. IJdoD 3 days ago

I’ve been playing around with the X1T-o on my Pana G80. Some interesting findings. With HSS, on camera my TT350o will sync to 1/4000 without visible issues (as in: it works, no banding visible). Slaved to the X1To, it’s max 1/320, and that requires a delay setting of 23 in the custom functions (which are not saved). With the delay and above 1/320 you see either light or dark bands. The issue (bright band on top of the picture) is fairly consistent as shutterspeed increases.

15. Mark 3 days ago

Has anyone had any luck getting TTL to work with the Omd em1 mk2 using the x1t-o and a tt600. I can get manual flash to work but not TTL or hss flash. If so a e there some settings I am missing or do I have a bad unit. Thanks

• John Wilson 3 days ago

The TT600 doesn’t support TTL only HSS

Flash Havoc 3 days ago

Hi Mark,

Yes as John mentions, the TT600 do not support TTL, only HSS.

Though the TT350o and TT350F have not been able to provide HSS with the TT600 / V850II, or manual strobes using the XTR-16/s receivers.

So this may well be the case with the X1T-O, and X1T-F trasnsmitter units as well unfortunately. And I don’t know if this is something that’s going to be rectified or not.

16. Ian 3 days ago

I think there are other reports of the x1t-o not firing flashes in hss/ttl modes. I hope that it’s just teething troubles as I would like to get one and an AD200 to go along with the V850s I have.

Flash Havoc 3 days ago

Hi Ian,

As mentioned above, the TT350o and TT350F have not been able to provide HSS with the TT600 / V850II, or manual strobes (like V850 & AS360) using the XTR-16/s receivers.

So this may be the case with the X1T-O, and X1T-F trasnsmitter units as well.

I’m not sure about issues with the X1T-O not firing flashes in TTL though.

17. Marc 2 days ago

Just got my TT600 yesterday and after the initial setup struggle that goes with new equipment, HSS works flawlessly with my EM1s. I did order 2 X1Ts so each camera can be switched in use without the hassle to switch the transmitter. Helpful at events.
    I just had a brief moment of confusion as the shutter didn’t fire immediatly when used in HSS and manual mode and set to 1/8000, kind of like a stutter…
    But I guess that is just the aforementioned setup hassle. At the moment I’m testing some more and do a write up for my blog.
    The 2 TT685 will hopefully arrive next week, so I can test TTL capabilities

So far Im really plesed with the quality of the system!

18. Marcel 2 days ago

A german review on this shows that it is working on the E-M1 Mark II with no Problems: