GODOX – XT32 – Remote Manual & HSS Transmitter – Now Available

GODOX XT32

Godox have announced a new XT32, remote manual and HSS enabled radio transmitter unit, compatible with the 2.4GHz Godox X radio system.

The XT32 provide an upgraded, HSS, and AF Assist Light enabled, alternative to the previous FT-16 and recent XT-16 transmitter units (though not completely replacing them).

Although available in dedicated Canon and Nikon versions, the XT32 do not provide any TTL functions, only remote manual and HSS.

Though Second Curtain Sync is also possible if selected via the camera.

GODOX XT32

The semi upright XT32 transmitter case houses 2 regular AA batteries.

And an AF assist light is now available when the transmitter is used on the corresponding Canon and Nikon camera hotshoes.

GODOX XT32

The XT32 are directly compatible with all of the new generation of Godox strobes providing 2.4GHz X system radio receivers built inside.

(Though they are ideally suited to the strobes only providing remote manual and HSS, as the XT32 do not provide any TTL functions).

GODOX XT32

As well as being compatible with the previous remote manual and HSS enabled Godox strobes which accept the XTR-16 and XTR-16s clip on radio receiver units.

The XT32 transmitter also provides the corresponding 16 Groups ( A – F & 0 – 9), and 32 Channels.

GODOX XT32

GODOX XT32 FEATURES

• Godox 2.4GHz X Radio System
  • Range – 100m +
  • Flash Modes –  Manual / OFF
  • Second Curtain Sync (When Set Via the Camera)
  • 6 Modes of Power Adjustment
  • 16 Groups – A / B / C / D / E / F and 0 – 9
  • Large LCD Display
  • HSS Delay Setting – 0~10ms, (100us Increments)
  • Modeling Lamp Control
  • Sound Prompt Control
  • Lock Function
  • Sleep Function
  • Battery Level Indicator
  • AF Assist Light (With On/Off Switch)
  • Micro USB Port for Firmware Upgrade
  • PC Sync Port (Input & Output)

GODOX XT32

The XT32 feature a large clear LCD screen which displays just one groups power setting at a time.

5 clearly marked menu buttons provide a dual function each, one function on short press, and another when held down.

GODOX XT32

Located on the let side is a PC Sync port (input from a camera), and micro USB port for firmware updates.

And on the right side, the main On – Off switch, and AF assist light On – Off switch.

GODOX XT32

GODOX XT32 COMPATIBLE CAMERAS

GODOX XT32

GODOX XT32 SPECS

GODOX XT32

PRICE AND AVAILABILITY

The Godox XT32 transmitter units are available now from approx $46 –

CANON – Adorama, AmazonUK, B&H PhotoEbay

NIKON – AdoramaAmazonUK, B&H PhotoEbay

Godox – Website

Godox – Flash System Overview

1. Tim Kamppinen 1 year ago

Seems like a step backwards from the X1 transmitter to me. Only displaying one group at a time on the screen and no TTL function? I guess the form factor could be seen as an improvement, but that’s about it for me.

• Strobius 1 year ago

This trigger is not a step backwards from the X1. It’s very good unit for new studio flashes like QT600IIM. Now I tested this monolights with X1 transmitter and I’d like to have XT32. The main feature is 16 group. Now I can use only 3 with my 7D and X1. And with my hyperopia Шэв like to have big display with biп sings.

• Ulysses 1 year ago

Tim, I really like this concept and updated take on the old FT16 and XT16 transmitters. I like it a lot. A few of our mutual colleagues have mentioned similarly, that they felt the XT32 might be one step forward and two steps backward. But I disagree. Rather, I think it’s just a matter of your perspective and need.

For example, there are a few reasons someone might simply prefer this trigger (some of the reasons below obviously overlap, but I hope it helps illustrate what I’m trying to say):

1) the physical format. Some prefer a more upright style of XT32 (or even the old FT16) to the flatter, low profile X1.
      2) some may like the simplicity of a manual-only trigger. I know I enjoy them.
      3) some feel the X1 is faster and easier to use when triggering multiple lights. But others find it a bit fiddly.
      4) if you shoot NON- Canon/Nikon/Sony, a trigger like this will be helpful.
      5) yes, you can place the X1 into single-pin mode, but the X1 won’t lock into my Olympus camera hot shoe. This might be a problem with other brands, as well.
      6) the low flatter X1 gets in the way of some of the Olympus controls. The upright XT32 will not.

So it’s more personal preference. I also think Godox is smart to develop their triggers and their lights in stages, rather than try to make gigantic leap all at once. They’re still faster at development than some most companies (are you listening to me, Phottix???).

I have little doubt we’ll eventually see some sort of unified command trigger combining the capabilities of an XT32 with the X1. But for now, the X1 has a lot of limitations. Meanwhile, Godox will continue to develop. I’ll probably get a couple of the XT32 units. 🙂

• Tim Kamppinen 1 year ago

I guess I don’t see the point of only displaying one group on the screen. I can’t imagine scrolling through 16 groups of lights one at a time and keeping track of it all.

• Ulysses 1 year ago

I do “get” what you’re saying. 🙂 But it’s also highly unlikely that many/most of us are going to have 16 groups of lights on a given shoot (Mark Kitaoka, your situation is unique and therefore excluded… LOL!!! 🙂 ), requiring us to dial through each one of those groups. The old FT16 was never really a problem when managing up to four or five groups. I like that everything is “right there” at your fingertips and very easy to locate. In fact, I’m still faster with the FT16 than I am with the X1. I’m hoping I can speed up with the latter eventually. The X1 is just too downright fiddly for me. The XT32 moves in the direction of the more contemporary triggers, which I’m glad to see.

• Tim Kamppinen 1 year ago

To me the FT-16 was useless because you had to dial the power of a group all the way down to zero to turn it off. But at least you could spin the dial directly to whatever group you wanted to control.

• Tim Kamppinen 1 year ago

Maybe I’m not understanding how it works. I assumed you have to press the group button to cycle through the groups, but maybe you can just spin the dial, which would be better.

I’m not going to use 16 groups either, but I will use 2-5, and I would just like to know what each light is set at with one glance rather than having to scroll through them.

• Ulysses 1 year ago

Yeah, Tim… I think that dial is probably integral to the adjustment of various settings and/or power levels, the way it seems to work on triggers for Phottix, Elinchrom, and other similar ones.

Man. I love that old FT16. Hahahah! It’s hard to explain. But I know Elv at Flash Havoc has a soft spot for it, as does Anthony Shom Scott, and a bunch of others photographers. Maybe it’s simply that it’s so tactile and old school. 🙂

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

TIm I think they updated the XT-16 transmitter so that you can hold 2 buttons or similar to turn a group off.

I’ve already started harassing Godox to hopefully add an option to the XT32 to test fire the current group displayed, or test fire all groups not set to OFF, to make light meter readings quicker and easier.

I’m hoping a quick press and release of the test fire button could fire all groups, and holding the button for a second could fire just the current group displayed.

(Godox haven’t responded on this yet though at the time of writing this).

• Tellis 1 year ago

So what exactly will I need to purchase for this (XT- 32) to work with my 2 manual Godox AD 360’s?

• Ulysses 1 year ago

You will need the XT32 transmitter.
                  You will also need two XTR16 receivers to plug into the USB port of your AD360 flashes.

• Mark Kitaoka 1 year ago

Godox continues to impress me. A few items I hope are forthcoming through firmware updates. The AD600 line is updated to now allow the ability to select groups A-f and 0-9. The ability to lower power down to 1/256. The ability to have an “all” group selection to globally lower all power.

I understand most folks won’t need these features but to attract some in the pro community they would be necessary. Companies develop products based upon market share. I get that, but hope Godox breaks that mold to some degree.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

I asked if there is a global power adjustment along with the single or all group test firing (and haven’t received a reply on those yet).

I think Godox want to keep this transmitter as a lower level option, so I think we may have trouble asking for too many more features. I think they at least need to address the light meter use this time though.

2. Sam 1 year ago

Can anyone answer if the trigger will be able to switch between shooting the AD systems and the QS or QT systems like the FT-16 trigger can do by holding the “set” button?

I would like to use this trigger to adjust the power on my studio QS-400 flash system.

Hi Sam,

They mention 6 modes of power adjustment to suit the different Godox strobe versions. So I would assume that is the different power scales, though I’m not 100% sure on that.

Godox are going to send over a sample, so a this point it will be easier to just take a look at what they have actually done.

• Sam 1 year ago

Thats pretty cool, please post details once you have it in your hands. Thanks

Hi Sam,

I have the XT32 transmitter sample here now.

There are 6 modes / power scale options available by holding the SET button –

– Minimum 1/128 displayed – with 0.3 graduations
          – Minimum 1/128 displayed – with 0.1 graduations

– Minimum 1/256 displayed – with 0.3 graduations
          – Minimum 1/256 displayed – with 0.1 graduations

– 1.0 to 7.0
          – 5.0 to 10

• Ulysses 1 year ago

Pretty sweet, Elv! Glad to hear you’ve got the sample in your hands now.

It’s fantastic to hear it will go down to a minimum of 1/256 for complete compatibility with the AD600.

Are the 1.0 to 5.0 and the 5.0 to 10 scales for use with studio strobes like the Godox QT Series?

Hi Ulysses,

Sorry that should have read 1.0 to 7.0, and 5.0 to 10.

Yes those different power scales are for some of the other Godox studio strobes series.

Though I have the new QT600IIM strobe here as well, and that is very clever in that it will adapt and convert any power scale used on the XT32.

So that means you can still combine your other strobes with the QT600IIM using the one power scale on the XT32. For example if you used an AD360, you need to set the transmitter to a 1/3rd power scale. The QT600IIM then adopts the 1/3rd adjustments as well (eg 1/64 + o.3 etc).

So I would imagine most new Godox 2.4GHz studio strobes would have that ability as well.

• Nick 1 year ago

Are you able to set different power scales for different groups?
                I’d love to not have to have extra FT16’s in my pockets to control the different scale flashes.

• Mariosch 1 year ago

Good to hear about the different power options.
            But I’m wondering, is it like with the old FT-16, where you could switch for *all* groups only, making mixed control of speedlights and studio strobes impossible (without a second FT-16 for power control), or can the XT-32 switch per group?

• Mariosch 1 year ago

oops, did not see Nicks post asking the same question – my bad 😉

• Nick 1 year ago

Well, mine arrived this morning. I’ve not had a huge amount of time to play yet, but with the current firmware the power scale can only be changed globally (changes for all groups). Looks like I’m keeping my XT16 in my pocket for the time being.

One cool feature is that double pressing the set button toggles a group on/off (sets the power to 0 then restores it to its previous value).

Thanks Nick!,

That’s one of the changes I suggested, though I didn’t know Godox had implemented anything.

I wonder then if they have implemented test firing the current group only? The 2 options I suggested, were either –
                – double clicking the test fire button (unlikely to work)
                – or press the Group button first, and while the Group letter is flashing press the TEST fire button

If you have 2 slave flashes could you try those and see if only the current group can be test fired, thanks!

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Also can you tell me which firmware version you have there? (hold the mode button while switching on the transmitter). Thanks.

• Nick 1 year ago

Sorry for the delay. I’ve not found any combination of buttons/modes that causes only a single flash to fire (firmware version 17).

My guess is that is isn’t trivial to implement as the trigger system likely only has a group independent flash single (if it were sent per-group, there would be slight timing issues with multiple groups). If this is the case, to fire a single group, the controller would first have to disable all other groups (by setting the power to 0); however, as the scales cannot be set per-group, a single controller may not be able to control a full setup, so even if it sent the signal for power 0 on all scales to all flashes, it couldn’t possibly restore the previous power levels.

• Bertrand 1 year ago

Personally I use my FT 16 trigger on the hotshot of the X1T so I can trigger all of my godox lights in the same time, being TTL or HSS on flashes 860C or AD360II and manual on my QT600s that I can adjust the power manually with another trigger. I love the fact that the X1T works also the same as the Cell II for HSS 🙂

• Mariosch 1 year ago

@Betrand:
        Seeing that you mentioned the 860C, I assume you use a Canon system. So maybe you got clear up some questions for me 😉

Thinking about a similar setup, X1T for Canon on-camera but with a 560-TX in the hotshoe.
        The X1T would trigger my AD 360 + V850, which I would equip with XTR16 receivers, the 560-TX my other YN equipment.
        I’m not clear, though, on how this setup will behave in HSS mode, and that’s where I’m hoping you could come in and help me out with some information (everyone else is invited to answer, too, of course :D).
        When using HSS with the X1c transmitter, will it’s hotshoe being supersynced?

Hi Mariosch,

Yes the X1T will provide the pre-sync signal through the hotshoe on top.

Godox where aware of this need, so the FT-16 transmitter could also be mounted on top and still provide HSS with the legacy remote manual strobes.

• Mariosch 1 year ago

Just to make sure – did you test this with a Canon transmitter?

‘Cause, while great to hear, it totally contradicts the way Canon handles flash trigger with HSS.
            The 622c, for example, do not supersync the hotshoe for this reason (unless specifically told by a 622c-tx by setting the group to SuperSync), while the Nikon version does.

As much as I hope this to work, I’ll need to be sure before I’m going to invest some money into an additional trigger system – while not expensive, X1t + XTR-16 + XTR-16s will still sum up to about 90€ or so..

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Yes it works with the Canon X1T-C transmitter. People have been using this for the Rovelight transmitter for a while now, because as you mention its more difficult using the YN-622C.

I think the XTR-16/s should be ok now, though if you’re not in any hurry it may still be worth giving Godox time to make any refinements to the hardware if needed.

There are still software quirks as well, the latest V15 X1T-C firmware will not allow the XTR-16s receivers to switch the flash group off. Quirks like that could be an ongoing cycle though, as there are so many components in the system to keep compatibility with every time they make an update now.

• Mariosch 1 year ago

Thank you so much for clearing that up, it’s great news.

No, I’m not in a hurry. 🙂
                Using two different trigger system in the studio is manageable, I do have enough radio hardware to make it work, and once the lights are set up, I can just put the FT-16 on the next table and start shooting.

For outdoor, it’s a bit more annoying when working with HSS. Did that last weekend, didn’t know where to put my FT16 after adjusting the light – also, light distance to subject changes much more when shooting outside, so I need to adjust more.
                Having just one trigger that can adjust as well as trigger in HSS mode would be more convenient, but it’s not so bad that I’d have to run to the store today. 😉

Will keep an eye on further development regarding the X system while thinking about what would work best to integrate as many of my lights (some 560-tx, some 622c, some FT-16) in the best possible way. 🙂

3. Tapio 1 year ago

The fact that they manager to squeeze in second curtain sync in this thing deserves respect. Now, will second curtain sync work only with ttl capable flashes, or does it work with things like the V850 as well?
    Secondly, being the spiritual successor to the FT16, this should be cheaper than the X1, so there should be an argument to be made there about the XT32 existing.
    One thing I think they missed the mark with was the fact that they strayed from the original design of the FT16.
    Seriously, those things rock! The tiny display and 433mhz operating frequency make the battery last forever and I have never missed a shot from a FT16. The unit is so simple to use that within minutes of first holding one, you just seem to remember where all the buttons are without looking at them. I actually had to break out the user manual to use my X1 when I first got it. I still do not like the unit :(. Sure, I can attach an X1 to my camera and control flashes using the camera menu, but it is so much better to have dedicated buttons somewhere at hand which accomplish a single task: adjust power.
    This XT32 relies heavily on menus and will slow you down when compared to the FT16.
    Oh, well! Can’t please them all…

• Ulysses 1 year ago

The XT32 builds upon the old FT16 design, even emulating in digital form the old dip switches. It makes me smile to see that.

The FT16 is definitely solid, but it’s solid and virtually bulletproof because it communicates on the 433 MHz bandwidth, where there’s not a lot of interference these days. I’m HOPING that this contemporary design is going to be every bit as easy and speedy as the old FT16, but it has big shoes to fill. 🙂

Like yourself, I’m not a huge fan of the X1 either. It does the job, but that’s about it. In some ways it feels a bit like a beta developer’s product. My guess is that the effectiveness and enjoyment level of the XT32 will be somewhere in-between the FT16 and the X1. I hope it’s more fun to use than the latter, for sure.

Hi Tapio,

I probably didn’t use the term menus very well. I think the XT32 is much like the FT-16 in that it has simple dedicated buttons to simply turn functions on and off, just like the FT-16. Most don’t go into menus.

I didn’t have anything to do with this transmitter (except trying to hopefully make it more light meter friendly now), though I think the designers have very much tried to keep the things people liked about the FT-16.

The FT-16 transmitter was a major de evolution, though a lot of people came to like a number of things about them. So I can understand why Godox have continued on with 2 transmitters options. The XT32 is also the slightly cheaper option.

UPDATE – I have the transmitter now, and there are no menus at all, except for choosing one of the 6 power level modes / display options. All the other buttons are currently dedicated to the functions marked above them.

• Ulysses 1 year ago

Elv, is the XT32 also a single-pin transmitter, just like the old FT16 and XT16? In other words, photographers won’t need to purchase versions specific to their camera brand, will they?

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

No they heed to be dedicated to Canon, Nikon and Sony cameras with corresponding TTL contacts on the hotshoe/foot, for HSS and the focus assist light.

The specs mention an XT32G “general version” single firing pin version as well. Though Godox did not mention they are going to produce that (which may just be an oversight).

They should all work on single firing pin cameras etc as well though. I need to confirm, though I think the bullseye looking symbol shown on the transmitter screen and button would be the single firing pin mode selection.

EDIT – The bullseye button is actually representing the PC sync port. You have the option of choosing input or output for the sync port.

4. Jim Williams 1 year ago

The semi-upright case should make it more convenient than the X1 on smaller bodies such as Sony’s. Yes, it would be nice if the display showed the settings for more than one group, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

My gripe: Since they decided not to worry about TTL, couldn’t they have gone ahead and engineered a unit that would at least offer HSS and AF assist on the Olympus/Panasonic cameras? I can forgive them for skipping Fuji for now, since Fuji’s HSS is still a “someday” feature.

• Ulysses 1 year ago

I think it comes down to money. The number of Micro Four Thirds users is so small by comparison with those of Canon / Nikon / Sony, that when it comes to how development costs are budgeted for, there just isn’t the time or money invested toward those systems. For now, Godox is interested in programming and developing for the Big Three, while allowing a simple manual mode sans HSS for everyone else.

Maybe the chances are higher that some independent worker — a kid in his garage maybe — could hack into the system and provide Micro Four Thirds or Fuji or other camera support.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Godox are planning to expand to other systems, though it likely won’t be until early next year before anything is ready.

It is on their agenda though (and I think that’s often 90% of the battle when it comes to getting anything done).

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Theres going to be and update to the X1 TTL and remote manual transmitter eventually as well, or at least that’s what Adorama / Flashpoint are planning.

And this time hopefully we should get a lot more input into the design and function. I would think it will almost certainly be an ST-E3-RT style format though with at least 5 groups displayed on the screen at once.

I had not heard anything about this XT32 transmitter previously, and its possibly been sitting around in development for some time. It doesn’t look like its able to display 1/256th power level again for example.
    EDIT – the XT32 can be set to display 1/256 power level.

The X1 transmitter started development a long time ago, and had basically outgrown its format before it was even released. Most of the hard work has been done now though, it mainly just needs a more practical format.

• Ulysses 1 year ago

Indeed! It seemed like the XT32 appeared literally out of the blue! Literally NO ONE had mentioned anything about it.

Too bad if the lack of displaying 1/256th power is true. Maybe a firmware update can fix that, or perhaps the released version will include it.

I wouldn’t mind a complete do-over on the X1. It’s “okay”, but I find it rather slow and inefficient even after all the firmware updates. It’s sometimes a challenge to remember all the button presses, double-taps, press-and-holds… LOL! They’re trying to squeeze a lot in there, and it’s still a bit buggy for Nikon users with firmware v15 (after the Sony guys got theirs finally). 🙂

• mmmfotografie 1 year ago

To me it did not appeared out of the blue because it puzzled me why the XT16 did not materialize while the XTR16 was already in my bag.
      The only conclusion is that Godox was not happy with the direct successor of the FT16 and leave it by th X1 or make a new one.
      Looking at the XT32 and the improvement in design it will not take long before the X2 will be there.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

The XT-16 transmitters are still going to be available. I’m not sure what the delay is with those.

They will be the lower budget option again, with no HSS.

• Joel 1 year ago

This would be amazing. I like the functionality in the X1 but like a lot of others I find it very fiddly and I prefer to use the TT685S as my master controller simply because I get a better screen and easier controls (when I don’t need five groups which is usually the case for me).

6. Jacques Cornell 1 year ago

Still no Micro Four Thirds support. Boo, hiss.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

They’re looking at possibly early 2017.

• Markz 1 year ago

+1 on the micro four thirds version.

• Charles H 10 months ago

If the XT32G says it is for any non canon, Sony or Nikon camera, why would it not work with Olympus? Unless it’s an item that they have on their site, but not actually manufacturing it yet.

7. Ricardo Gomez 1 year ago

I want to like these more. I appreciate the form-factor, but I’d have to see the screen first-hand. I got a feeling the screen is going to be a bit on the small side for my taste. But then again, once everything is set, I rarely touch the transmitter for the rest of the shoot. I’d like to see a larger-screen version of these units.

As a fashion photographer, I really don’t have the need for TTL. Only during event photography where the TTL is on the flash itself is when I use it.

The lack of TTL I think will mostly affect sports photographers on-location. But then again, they would be better served by the battery-equipped units by Godox.

I really like the seemingly simple menu style. I look forward to a review of these units.

Hi Ricardo,

Funnily enough, even though the old FT-16 / XT-16 LCD screen looked very small, if you compare the display side by side with something like the Canon ST-E3-RT style transmitter (or any master flash for that matter) the power level of the one group displayed on the FT-16 is actually much larger than the tiny characters displayed on the ST-E3-RT. And the XT32 to looks to be displayed considerably larger again.

So if anything I was thinking these are likely a better option for people without great vision, or possibly looking at the camera / transmitter from a bit of a distance, than the multi group display transmitters.

If Godox do a an X2 transmitter with multiple groups displayed at once, it would be nice if there is still an option to enlarge and display just one group at a time as well. I did actually suggest that to Godox a few years ago before they did the X1. It would have required a dot matrix LCD screen though, (which I would expect this time).

( If you just meant a larger LCD with more groups displayed, please disregard the above 🙂 ).

• Ricardo Gomez 1 year ago

Thank you Elvis. You were right in your assumption. I just want the information I want to be obvious when I look at the screen. Some screens are so cluttered trying to fit as much info. as they can. I appreciate the approach Godox is taking. I like the way power is displayed. It’s more of a cool/fun feature than a functional one to see multiple groups at once. One I’ll gladly sacrifice for a smaller transmitter.

8. andy 1 year ago

I’m most interested in the HSS Delay Setting – 0~10ms, (100us Increments) for fast sequential shots. I hope that’s what they mean by this though (similar to the strobe function in Elinchrome.

I just hope Godox sort out Mac firmware options soon as every new bit of equipment struggles with awful firmware updates via windows 7 🙁

I like the design much better that the X1N which is a real fiddle.

But a PC Sync port? WTF are they thinking? A mini jack plug would be much better.

• Andy 1 year ago

Actually I don’t think the HSS Delay Setting – 0~10ms, (100us Increments) is for fast sequential shots and delay trigger like the elinchrome trigger. Shame.

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

No there is no sequencing feature in the XT32 transmitter.

This delay setting is just for fine tuning the timing of the HSS pre-sync signal.

Though the AD600 and QT600IIM strobes do have a sequencing feature which was designed as a masking mode.

I would imagine most new Godox strobes will adopt this feature now (and possibly some existing ones via firmware update).

9. Bruce 1 year ago

I have the Godox QS-600…I can get HSS from this flash using my YN-622 triggers. Would I be able to get HSS if I use this new XT32 transmitter and the new XTR-16 Receiver?

• mmmfotografie 1 year ago

As long your flash duration is long enough just as with the 622.

Hi Bruce,

Yes the XT32 have a pre-sync timing adjustment just like the YN-622-TX. So provided the YN-622 were providing good results with your strobe, then the XT32 should be able to provide just as good.

• Martin Hallberg 1 year ago

Hi! Do you experience any shutter lag with this transmitter when using it in HSS mode? I have a Sony A7s and two AD360 flashes. To get HSS i trigger them with an odin transmitter and a reciever on the flash. I get a skight shutter lag with this combo. When i trigger the flashes with my ft-16 and the USB reciever i experience no lag what so ever. Do you think the lag might be the Odins fault or is it a general HSS limitaion you think?

10. andy 1 year ago

OK great. It’s good to know the exact features.

Have Godox sorted out the ridiculous firmware update issues (i.e. windows 7)?

I hope it will work straight out of the box with the the new XTR16’s as I can’t be bothered battling a windows 7 firmware update again.

11. Jerome Yeats 1 year ago

A member mentions that he has never has a misfire with the FT16. If you are doing table top work with say a Godox DE 300 mains powered flash on your right (but very near by) and the antenna of the FT 16 is pointed towards the right ( ie in the direction of the flash unit) the DE300 will often not fire. If you point the antenna to the left away from the DE300 then the flash fires no problem. I doubt I have a defective FT 16. Mine works fine with my Witsros – though I of course have to set the power range to suit the Witstros which are not compatible with the DE300.
    Regards Jerome Yeats

12. martin hallberg 1 year ago

13. Lloyd Maralit 1 year ago

This could be a big leap for Olympus OmD user. XT32G version seems to be compatible with olympus as stated. Cant wait.

14. Ram 1 year ago

Will this work with Flashpoint Rovelights?

I have 2 Rovelights, and struggling to find the most efficient way to trigger them in groups (instead of channel15-shootall)

• Owen 1 year ago

Hi Ram,

You could use a Godox X1 system receiver unit to trigger a Rovelight. The power level of the Rovelight would not be controllable through the XT32 however. You could still use the Rovelight trigger to adjust its power level of course.

Here’s the link to an amazon page for the X1 receiver: http://www.amazon.com/Channels-Wireless-Receiver-Shutter-Transmitter/dp/B016QAK3TU (But if you want to make sure the unit you get has a pin that locks properly on your camera’s shoe, you might consider getting it from either Cheetahstand or Adorama.)

Owen.

15. Guy 1 year ago

My favourite question to ask when any of these new triggers are released…

Any improvement on the AF assist pattern? The build quality and interface on this look like an improvement over the X1 (which I’m guessing has an AF assist pattern similar to YongNuo’s etc), so just being hopeful 🙂

Cheers

Hi Guy,

No, its just the same lazer style AF lights as the speedlites and X1 transmitter etc provide.

We have been harassing Godox to provide a better on-camera master flash unit for the whole system, and an upgraded AF light would be one of the main upgrades on that list.

They are not an off the shelf component though. This is something Godox would likely have to develop for themselves.

16. andy 1 year ago

Apologies if this has been answered already.

Can you with the groups on and off or do you have to dial them down to zero to switch them off like the ft16?

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

You currently have to dial the group down to zero unfortunately.

I let Godox know as soon as I received the sample XT32 unit (actually before that as well) that that method alone is not practical, particularly for light meter users.

I suggest they add a button press method to turn groups On and Off instantly, while retaining the power level set when turned back on.

Also that the currently displayed group can be test fired alone, or test fire all groups set to On.

Also a global power adjustment for all groups, a quick group selection by double pressing the SET button, and that they stop the groups from constantly scrolling around past A and E.

I haven’t heard anything back on those yet, though hopefully there is some hope, as apparently they have added a method to turn groups on and off with the XT-16 transmitter unit, by pressing the + and – buttons at the same time.

17. andy 1 year ago

It seems like such a simple and useful thing to do

18. Mark Romero 1 year ago

Will the XT-32 work with the older FTR-16 / FTR-16s receivers?

Right now I am using the FT-16 transmitter and the Cells II N for HSS, but would be nice to have everything in ONE transmitter without having to upgrade all my receivers from the 433MHz to the 2.4GHz models.

19. Edward Morgan 1 year ago

Will the XT32 work with the new Nikon 5 cameras D500 and D5 for the manual 360 flash for HSS?

The X1 dose not work with the D500 in HSS i am sending it back it for for normal flash shooting only.

Need one that works.

20. Ulysses 1 year ago

Mark, the short answer is: No, the XT-32 transmitter is not compatible with your older FTR-16 and FTR-16S receivers. So to step up into the new 2.4 GHz systems, you will need to have not only the new transmitters, but also the new receivers. But at least with the XT-32 it will allow for power changes, group adjustments, and HSS all in one unit instead of two.

• Mark Romero 1 year ago

Thanks so much for the info, Ulysses. I really appreciate it.

21. mmmfotografie 1 year ago

The XTR16 are 12 US dollar including free shipping from China. I don’t think that there is any other manufacturer that has that cheap receivers.

• Mark Romero 1 year ago

Thank you for the note, mmmfotografie.

I don’t normally like to buy directly from ebay sellers in China if I don’t have to, due to the long shipping times, and the hassle in returning something if there is a problem with it.

But I agree with you that the Godox system is quite cost effective, whether it is the flash guns themselves, the modifiers / accessories, and the remotes.

And, more importantly, they all work well together.

It’s just that I didn’t really want to spend an extra hundred bucks getting the new transmitter and all the receivers for my setup.

So for now, I think I will just stick with the FT-16 and Cells II Nikon transmitters, and the various FTR-16 receivers.

Hey, if it ain’t broke…

Hi Mark,

The XT32 is are pretty sweet, and i think definitely worth upgrading the receivers for.

Though having said that, since you’re not in any hurry anyway its probably best to give it some time to possibly refine out any bugs, because there have been some quirks with some XTR-16 receivers. I’ve had one go haywire myself, and other have reported a few strange quirks at times as well.

It seems they can encounter some interference if used too close to the transmitter, though I’m not sure if that is what is has caused some further issues in the receivers.

In general I think they are still mostly fine, just that there have been some isolated bugs showing up, which I don’t think happened with the FTR-16’s.

• Mark Romero 1 year ago

Thanks so much for the info and the advice!!!

22. Dmitry Brodsky 1 year ago

So with XT32, I am still out of luck with my Olympus, Panasonic and Fuji, right, in terms of HSS? Still only for Sony, Canon and Nikon, and not for m43 or Fuji X? What does XT32G version has on XT16 for Olympus/Panasonic/Fuji? Is there a day when I will be able to use my Godox AD600 not only with my Sony, but also with my m43 and Fuji camera and get HSS???? Not asking for TTL, just HSS!

Hi Dmitry,

Godox are looking at early 2017 to expand into new systems. Whether they would provide HSS first before the full TTL I’m not really sure. They both still take a good understating and reverse engineering of the cameras TTL communication protocols.

• Lloy 1 year ago

You may wanna take a look at this http://www.adorama.com/FPRRR2KP.html

Hi Lloy,

As mentioned those are not likely to be available until early 2017. Possibly late this year at best, though even early next year is not even guaranteed at this stage.

23. andy 1 year ago

Hi Elvis,

Did you see this video GODOX XT32

It talks about a delay flash setting. Can you expand on this?

Andy

• andy 1 year ago

Can you delay different channels?

Hi Andy,

That’s just the pre-sync delay setting. If you’re doing Long Duration Sync (otherwise named Supersync / Hypersync / ODS etc) the timing adjustment allows you to tune in the best results.

If you’re not familiar with Long Duration Sync, I put an illustrated description up here under ODS.

No you can’t delay different channels. Its just one global adjustment.

24. Dmitry Brodsky 1 year ago

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful reply. I have another question. Can anyone recommend a collapsible compact light stand, that is short when collapsed, yet, is sturdy enough to hold AD600 + Umbrella, and not immediately fall down from a light wind, lets say, on the beach?

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Are you going to be using the remote head?

If not you would really want a good solid aluminium stand at the least (something like Avenger etc).

With the remote head most any regular aluminium stand would be ok. Umbrellas catch the wind badly though, you may want to look at a pop up softbox.

25. nixland 1 year ago

Any news update about feature to trigger ONLY the current selected group?
    It is needed to test the group individually if using lightmeter.

26. Andy 1 year ago

Any release date yet?

27. Andy 1 year ago

OK cool.
    Please post a review when it arrives.
    I hope it works straight out of the box!

28. Andy 1 year ago

Do we have any news about the NIKON version release?

Cheers,

Andy

29. Jim W 1 year ago

+1 to the question from Andy about the Nikon version. See the Canon version is already stocked by some in the US.

30. Jim W 1 year ago

Got info from Ed at CheetahStand, he will be receiving “preproduction” XT32N Nikon models for testing in July. So it looks like August at earliest if you want a US warranted model.

31. Niels Gram 1 year ago

I have had a second look at the XT32 spec and description in the Godox catalog and nowhere does it say that the XT32 and the X1 receivers are compatible. It just says “Godox X-system”. It seems like Godox didn’t expect anyone to want the XT32 to be able to control the X1 receivers and it can’t. It seems that if you want to use X1 receivers in your X-system setup, you are expected to get the X1 transmitter and not the XT32. Maybe XT32 compatibility will be added to the X1 receiver somewhere down the road (or maybe the ability to control power on the X1 receiver will be added to the XT32) but for now the XT32 only work with Godox flashes !

32. Josh 1 year ago

I just received my mine in the mail today and it will not communicate with either of my 860V or AD360 flashes. I have tried every possible group and channel combo and nothing works. I am pretty annoyed. $50 for a DOA trigger.

• Ulysses 1 year ago

Josh, if you have the earlier generation of V860 and AD360, then it’s important to know that your new XT32 transmitter operates on the 2.4 GHz frequency. The only way for your V860 and AD360 to communicate with this transmitter is if you buy the XTR16S receiver for your V860, and an XTR16 for your AD360. Set these updated receivers to the same channel and group as on your transmitter, and you’re good to go.

If you’re already using the newer V860II and the AD360II, then you’ll want to double-check your channel and group settings for the transmitter and for the receivers. If all this gear is new to you, it can be easy to overlook something (I’ve made every mistake in the book at one time or another) . 🙂

• Josh 1 year ago

Yeah, I don’t have the 2.4 receivers, so I had to order those. Still waiting on them. Either way I can’t get the focus assist to fire when the XT32 is on my 5D3, that should still work regardless of the receivers being turned on correct? I have it turned on on the XT32 and I have the setting enabled in the 5D3 menu. Although, it’s pretty much useless even when it works. My V860 seriously misses focus whenever i try to use it’s focus assist. Every time.

Hi Josh,

You don’t have the cameras set to AI Servo focus mode by any chance? (or the lens set to manual focus). In either case the AF light will not come on.

I don’t have the 5D III, though its working fine (as in coming on) on my 6D and other bodies.

• Josh 1 year ago

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You’re correct!!! I completely forgot to switch it to one shot. DOH!!!! thanks a million!

33. Niels Gram 1 year ago

My XT32 does not show up as a device on the USB bus on my PC when connected. The transmitter turns on when connected so the PWR/GND pins on the connector work but maybe there is a hardware issue ? Is the XT32 different from the X1R-C in this regard ? Do you have to do something special to bring it into F/W-update mode ? Or is the USB port on my XT32 broken ? Reading about issues with Godox USB-ports makes me worried

Flash Havoc 1 year ago

Hmm… that is strange. I see what you mean the transmitter powers on once its connected.

No the X1-C etc do not act the same, they show up as Godox USB Device in the Windows Device Manager.

Godox have confirmed your issue with the XT32 and X1R-C receiver though, and said they will fix this with a new firmware very soon.

They didn’t send me V17 either though, so I’m not sure if there is more too this. We should find out soon though.

34. Niels Gram 1 year ago

Thanks Elv,

I did send Godox an email about the issue, but I didn’t get any feedback. Sound good that they intend to fix the firmware. Also hope that the apparent com-problem between the two will be fixed in the update.

It’s a bit strange with the XT32 not showing up on USB. I tried holding various buttons while connecting the XT32 but that didn’t change anything. Also tried without batteries and the combinations of power/AF-assist on/off without result…

35. Pedro 1 year ago

I want flash compensation in ttl mode from the trigger on the X1.

Someone get it? How?

I prefer the XT32 Style, much more simply and intuitive.

Godox, give me a XT32 with TTL and flash compensation.

36. CK 1 year ago

Keen to grab on of these – just not sure if I should wait for the Sony version. The AF Assist light would be useful but has there been confirmation that it will work on Sony?

Hi CK,

The AF light only works on Sony DSLR’s, not their mirrorless cameras.

That’s Sony’s decision, as there is no signal provided from the mirrorless cameras hotshoe. So the AF light does not come on when using genuine Sony speedlites either.

Firmware V16 is available for the X1R-C receiver.

It appears the XT32 can now control the power levels of a flash mounted on the X1R-C receiver, though now the flash won’t actually fire. Can anyone confirm this issue?

38. Ryan 12 months ago

Looking back at the old system that was based on 433mhz I used the FT-16s to control power on all my V860’s and if HSS was needed could switch the remote and use the CellsII which gave me HSS (but no remote power control).

Does the XT32 put both of these functions together or do I not get around of upgrading all my little receivers clipped to the V860’s onto the 2.4GHz system?

Would be sweet to finally get a trigger that does everything in one package what the FT-16s and CellsII did. I don’t care about TTL anyway…

I guess in the long run the 2.4Ghz is feasable but for not would prefer to stick with the old one as it worked so nicely and except HSS don’t see a reason to upgrade. PLUS: Jinbei’s new HD610 means I might never buy the AD600 from Godox….

Hi Ryan,

Yes the XT32 combines the HSS pre-sync signal and remote manual power control into the one transmitter unit.

You would need to upgrade all your receivers to the 2.4GHz XTR-16s versions. (The AD600 has the compatible receiver built in).

• Mariosch 12 months ago

Am I correct to assume you still need to switch on HSS on the flash itself when using the older Mk I versions with new XTR-16, or did they figure out a way to do it by radio with the XTR-16?

Yes you still need to manually switch HSS on and off directly on the MK I manual flashes.

Obviously it looks like Godox did not build that function into the MK I flash communication port unfortunately.

• Mariosch 12 months ago

Thanks.
            I also suspect this function simply to be missing from the wireless port, but sometime you’ll get suprised, so… 😉

I wonder how HSS do work on the Mk II models if you’re using more than 5 groups.
            Maybe I’m mistaken, but what I got from the manuals and reports so far, the built in receivers only support groups A to E.
            So I assume to get to use groups F and 0 to 9, you would have add an XTR 16 to the flash. Not sure though if the flash will still be in radio slave mode (in which it probably would pick up the HSS mode automatically) or if it would then function like a Mk I model with HSS mode to be set on the flash…

39. Dmitry Brodsky 12 months ago

Any news in Godox creating HSS transmitters for m43 and Fuji systems? I sold my Sony gear and all I have is Nikon and m43……Nikon of course is covered, but I would like HSS for my m43…..

• Mariosch 12 months ago

Adorama is listing “Flashpoint R2 TTL” triggers for Panasonic & Olympus as well as Fuji on their website, as “Item not yet available for purchase”.

“Flashpoint R2 TTL” is their name for the rebranded Godox X1 triggers.

So it seems Godox is working on something for those systems.
      Question is, could development be commissioned by Adorama and the triggers therefore be exclusively available through them?

• Ulysses 12 months ago

They have listed those Panasonic, Olympus, and Fuji options for several weeks or possibly even months now. However, it’s been stated that we can expect camera makers besides Canon, Nikon and Sony, perhaps in 2017.

• Donald F. 11 months ago

I would put XT32C on top of Cactus V6 Mark II trigger and this will enable HSS/Supersync on all brands like Panasonic, Olympus, Fujifilm, Pentax, Nikon, and Canon when using Godox strobes or flashes. For Sony, you will need Cactus V6 Mark IIs (For Sony).

40. Josh 12 months ago

I have the XT32 trigger and new 2.4 receivers for both the AD360 and the Ving860c. The XT32 works fine with the AD360, but I have a problem with the Ving. In every mode I have tried on the V860, every time I trigger the flash at any power setting the power reverts back to 1/128 power. Every time. I have tried every combination I can think of and the result is always the same. This is very disappointing as now if I am using the XT32 I have to remove the 2.4 receiver and can only use the V860 in optical slave mode to fire. : (

41. bob 12 months ago

Seems to be taking a long time for the Nikon version of the XT32, any news on the grapevine?

42. Mohammad Talha Ghouri 12 months ago

I have a query
    So this XT-32 is just a transmitter.
    I’ll have to buy a receiver separately, right?

• Ulysses 12 months ago

Yes, the XT32 is a Godox transmitter operating at the 2.4 GHz frequency. You can use it with the Godox AD600, AD360II, and V860II as well as a variety of the newer Godox strobes and flashes which already have a built-in receiver.

You can also use this transmitter with legacy devices, which WILL require one of the new receivers such as the X1 receiver (for your other brands of flashes), or the XTR16 (for the old AD360) or the XTR16S (for the old V850 and V860 flashes).

43. Emmanuel 12 months ago

Hi all, I currently work with a EOS 1Ds Mark III camera and a Godox Witstro AD180 flash. Is it possible to use HSS with the XT32C transmitter and XTR-16 receiver ?

Thank you for your answer !

Hi Emmanuel,

Provided there are no specific issues with the 1Ds III, then yes you should be able to use HSS with the XT32 and XTR-16 / AD180 combination.

You would still need to turn the HSS mode on and off directly on the flash though. (Or use it on full power, utilizing the Long Duration / SuperSync method).

44. Emmanuel 11 months ago

Thank you very much for your help. And for your website, too, which is a real mine of information for photographers !

45. alastair 11 months ago

We seem to be waiting an age for any versions of this other than the canon.
    Is there any news on a nikon version coming soon?

46. Jesus Rodriguez 11 months ago

Does this trigger has a backlit LCD?

47. fattali 11 months ago

Hi every one,
    Please I have a question, I want to by an XT32C with two receivers, for my two flash Metz for canon. can transmitter be able to work with HSS, or this fonction is working only with godox flashs.
    Think you

48. Niels Gram 11 months ago

Godox released new X1R-C firmware v1.7 Aug. 28 to fix the flash triggering issue with the XT32C. I’ve downloaded it but unfortunately they only release a .fri firmware file which I haven’t spend time on hacking yet so I can’t flash it in my X1R-C and see what cockups Godox has made this time round…

@jesus: Yes the XT32C has backlight.
    @fattali: If the Metz implementation of the hotshoe protocol is exactly like the original Canon then yes probably. But 3rd party flashes tend to be slightly different causing all kinds of compatibility issues. Maybe it will work. Give it a try. If it doesn’t work you didn’t break the bank trying 😉

Niels you should be able to just change the .fri file extension to .rar .

I’m not sure if there are any new issues, though they do appear to have fixed the previous ones.

49. Niels Gram 11 months ago

Nope. The .fri file isn’t a RAR-archive:

nielsgjweb@linux-ngj.mysite> cp X1R-C\ V17.fri X1R-C\ V17.rar
    nielsgjweb@linux-ngj.mysite> unrar e X1R-C\ V17.rar

UNRAR 5.00 freeware Copyright (c) 1993-2013 Alexander Roshal

X1R-C V17.rar is not RAR archive
    No files to extract

Sorry I was thinking this was the issue where Internet Explorer changes the .rar to a .man file.

Are you using a Mac?, otherwise I had no problem extracting the file with 7-Zip (free) and updating the receiver.

50. exkeks 10 months ago

As there is only the XT32C version available by now: Did anyone try to use it on a Fuji cam? I would be interested if it worked in a way, one could expect from the XT32G (no TTL).