GODOX – XT32 – Remote Manual & HSS Transmitter – Now Available

GODOX XT32

Godox have announced a new XT32, remote manual and HSS enabled radio transmitter unit, compatible with the 2.4GHz Godox X radio system.

The XT32 provide an upgraded, HSS, and AF Assist Light enabled, alternative to the previous FT-16 and recent XT-16 transmitter units (though not completely replacing them).

Although available in dedicated Canon, Nikon, and Sony versions, the XT32 do not provide any TTL functions, only remote manual and HSS.

Though Second Curtain Sync is also possible if selected via the camera.

GODOX XT32

The semi upright XT32 transmitter case houses 2 regular AA batteries.

And an AF assist light is now available when the transmitter is used on the corresponding Canon, Nikon, or Sony camera hotshoe.

GODOX XT32

The XT32 are directly compatible with all of the new generation of Godox strobes providing 2.4GHz X system radio receivers built inside.

(Though they are ideally suited to the strobes only providing remote manual and HSS, as the XT32 do not provide any TTL functions).

GODOX XT32

As well as being compatible with the previous remote manual and HSS enabled Godox strobes which accept the XTR-16 and XTR-16s clip on radio receiver units.

The XT32 transmitter also provides the corresponding 16 Groups ( A – F & 0 – 9), and 32 Channels.

GODOX XT32

GODOX XT32 FEATURES

• Godox 2.4GHz X Radio System
  • Range – 100m +
  • Flash Modes –  Manual / OFF
  • Second Curtain Sync (When Set Via the Camera)
  • 6 Modes of Power Adjustment
  • 16 Groups – A / B / C / D / E / F and 0 – 9
  • Large LCD Display
  • HSS Delay Setting – 0~10ms, (100us Increments)
  • Modeling Lamp Control
  • Sound Prompt Control
  • Lock Function
  • Sleep Function
  • Battery Level Indicator
  • AF Assist Light (With On/Off Switch)
  • Micro USB Port for Firmware Upgrade
  • PC Sync Port (Input & Output)

GODOX XT32

The XT32 feature a large clear LCD screen which displays just one groups power setting at a time.

5 clearly marked menu buttons provide a dual function each, one function on short press, and another when held down.

GODOX XT32

Located on the let side is a PC Sync port (input from a camera), and micro USB port for firmware updates.

And on the right side, the main On – Off switch, and AF assist light On – Off switch.

GODOX XT32

GODOX XT32 COMPATIBLE CAMERAS

GODOX XT32

GODOX XT32C SPECS

GODOX XT32

PRICE AND AVAILABILITY

The Godox XT32 transmitter units for Canon are available now from around $46 –

AdoramaEbay, Amazon, UK

Nikon, Sony, and General (single firing pin), versions should also be available in the coming months.

Godox – Website

1. Cory 8 months ago

I see that Adorama just announced this in the R2 version stating it will work with the entire R2 line. I hope that included my 360II streetlight. I am more interested if this works with he X1/R2 receiver as a wireless shutter release on remote bodies using continuous shooting mode. The X1 transmitter won’t send a clean signal for continuous shooting which causes mis fires. Has anyone testing the XT32C as a remote shutter release using continuous/burst mode? I need an in sync initial shutter release with my 5D3 at 6 fps with the remote camera being a 7D. About to buy pocket wizards to achieve this but hoping this works instead.

• Cory 8 months ago

I bought one to test and it doesnt work for what I am trying to do. So if anyone is looking for a trigger to remotely fire another camera in continuous shooting mode, this isnt it. Returning this and orders PW PIII’s to test out.

• CyberDyneSystems 6 months ago

The older Cells-II will do what the PW does for remote camera shooting. It is not part of the 2.4Ghz system sadly. But if you still have your old 433hz FT16 it will trigger the Cells-II camera shutter. A lot more affordable than PW and will at least work with the Godox 433hz system.

2. Niels Gram 8 months ago

I think that Hahnel Capture triggers does what you want and they should be quite a bit cheaper than PW’s.

3. Niels Gram 8 months ago

I think that Hahnel Capture triggers does what you want and they should be quite a bit cheaper than PW’s…

4. alastair 8 months ago

begining to think they are having serious problems with this trigger.
    the canon version has been out for ages but no show or information of any kind on any of the other variants.
    I really don’t like using the X1-N, far to fiddly and ergonomically it’s a terrible design. It pushes into my forehead when looking through the viewfinder.

5. Niels Gram 8 months ago

Elv wrote a reply some days ago but it has been removed… ?
    I don’t think you should read anything into the delay of the Nikon XT32 variant other than Godox development resources beeing tied up in other projects like e.g. trigger development for Bowens.

6. Niels Gram 8 months ago

Broncolor not Bowens….

7. Bruce Peter 8 months ago

Will the G version work with Fuji Xt-2? If so does anyone know where it can be obtained? Can’t seem to find it. Only the Canon version.

Thanks!

• Tim L 5 months ago

I have the same question…and three months after your question there is still no sign of any non-Canon version.

8. Nicolas 8 months ago

Could someone describe how to change flash power ? I actually use X1T and it’s not the more intuitive device…
    I’m looking for an easy and fast way to change power. Let’s say click Gr, turn wheel to select right group, hit set to select it, then turn wheel to change power ? As low click as possible 😉

9. Niels Gram 8 months ago

The XT32 is very easy to use (I have one). You can find several videos of the XT32 on youtube. It’s quite inexpensive so if you don’t like the X1T and don’t need TTL then go get a XT32. If you don’t like it the loss is very limited.

• Nicolas 8 months ago

Yes regarding price that’s what I though.. Will go that route, thanks.

10. naftoli 8 months ago

Can anyone confirm whether the x 32 would work with nikon in manual mode?
    I hate the slow interface of the r2, and would much prefer this to the ft16s

11. Pencho 8 months ago

Which remote controller for FUJI XT2?
    I want to use HSS function on my Witstro AD600 with FUJI XT2

• Tim L 5 months ago

Buy the Cactus V6 II. Attach it to the Fuji X-T2. Buy the Godox XT32C. Attach it to the Cactus V6 II. On the V6 II, set camera to Fujifilm and flash to Nikon (not Canon). Use the XT32C to control your Godox strobes. If you want HSS, be sure to put the Godox strobe into that mode.

Note that I have skipped discussion of the initial set up of the Cactus trigger except for the manufacturer settings.

12. Mark Kitaoka 7 months ago

I just completed my own test of the Godox XT32C

13. Nico 7 months ago

Just received my XT32 ! X1 is ever in the drawer lol ! XT32 is a lot more intuitive and faster/easier to set strobes power. Only drawback is not having all power displayed at once, at least three groups could be nice, but not a problem against unintuitive and slow ergonomic of X1. And for a few dollars …

• Mark Kitaoka 7 months ago

Hi Nico, yes the XT32 is now my ‘go to’ trigger because of its great ergonomics. I found the range is better than the X1 as well. I too wish that I could see the power levels of all the channels at once, but I’ll happily take the other benefits it has for me over the X1’s.

14. naftoli 7 months ago

the X32c is now available on amazon and can be pre ordered from Adorama …
    Im gonna buy one and see of it works with my NIkon..

15. Mark Z 7 months ago

Any news on the X32G model release date? Or failing that, will there be Panasonic/Olympus version in the pipeline?

• BrucePeter 7 months ago

Mark I have asked this question several times of Godox and not once have I received an answer. Facebook and email. That is one of my biggest complaints with all of these Chinese makers, they suck at providing info for realeased products. Phottix is better, at least in the US because they use a well known marketing company, but Godox is the pits. It’s one of the reasons why I buy the Adorama branded products, at least I can get them on the phone. Good luck.

• Mark Z 7 months ago

Thanks Bruce. Yes, I know what you mean. Some of these companies are making really nice stuff now, but they haven’t brought their PR and customer service up to standard yet, at least not outside China. Here in the UK, I too often buy the more expensive Godox products (like AD360’s) under the UK based PixaPro brand, which costs a bit more but has a UK warranty etc. However, I usually buy the low value Godox items such as transmitters and receivers on Ebay.

16. Sante 7 months ago

Hi all,
    I have an XT32C and two TT600.
    Everithing working ok but the wake up fails.
    when TT600 go sleep, they should wake up pushing the TEST button on the XT32.

This doesn’t work for me.

I’m doing something wrong ?

I checked for new fw upgrade but there are not new for the above devices.

Sante

17. naftoli 7 months ago

I was tired waiting for The Nikon Version to come out, so I ordered the X32c for use with My Nikon D810. It works!
    I can adjust power of my streaklights and Li ion flashes with r2 bridge recievers connected. what doesnt work is the AF assist ( no surprise there) and HSS, however when stacked atop the Nikon R2 transmitter this is not an issue becuase the fire signal from the R2 will allow Hss and it has its own af assist!

• peter 7 months ago

Cool, really don’t like the fidly X1. However, why would you stack them? The only reason I see for the X32 is simpler buttons, but by stacking you’ll have to enter matching power settings, etc…seems like more mess, no?

18. Mark Kitaoka 7 months ago

I recently conducted an entire day’s worth of client publicity shooting using the XT32 without a single misfire. I found that the intuitive nature of the unit’s controls far superior to the X1 I had been using. Keep in mind I am NOT a TTL shooter so the XT32 fits my workflow well.

19. Loi 7 months ago

Any news on XT32G? It’s been a while.

• Tony 3 months ago

Also waiting XT32G!!!
      V850ii + XT32G should be perfect on my fujifilm gear.

20. Chris 7 months ago

Has anyone found info on when the Nikon version of the XT32 will be available? Seems like a very long delay.

21. Ivan 6 months ago

I would please like to know if I am able to make high speed sync with the godox qs400, what trigger do I need? The strobes came with a the trigger FT-16 which can only synchronize up to 250th of a second. Thank you very much for your responses.

22. Andy 6 months ago

Helloooooooo Godox!!!!

When will the Godox XT32-Nikon be launched?

23. junio 6 months ago

Hi Guys, the AUTO MEMORY FUNCTION is for store the settings of all groups, regardless of the power variation of the method (5.0 1/128 1.0 etc.)?
    I already have an XT16 and is a disaster.
    thanks in advance

Hi junio,

I don’t think so. If you change the power scale then all your power levels set in the previous scale will be lost unfortunately.

Again there is only an option to have one “global” power scale. You can’t set different groups to different power scales for example.

So you really want to choose the most appropriate power scale for the strobes your using and stick with that.

• junio 6 months ago

I also have a X1, does anyone know if can put the XT16 on the X1 hotshoe and drive along AD600 and Flash Godox QS series (x1 to AD600, XT16 to QS)?

• junio 6 months ago

Pardon… FT16…

24. Adam Chandler 6 months ago

I just got the X1-S and like it okay but it doesn’t allow me to control the zoom setting on my flash unit. Can you tell me if this transmitter will allow me to do that?

Hi Adam,

I haven’t actually checked the Sony transmitter, though the Canon and Nikon version do provide a basic “global” zoom setting for all groups via a custom function option.

The XT32 are just a basic remote manual transmitter, so no zoom control. Godox have just started working on a new high end transmitter, which should hopefully provide functions like zoom control, though I don’t know how long that may be at this stage.

25. Pencho 6 months ago

Something about FUJI XT2 support?

26. alastair lever 6 months ago

6 Months now since the Canon version first appeared. Godox must be having some serious problems with the other versions of the XT32 for them to take this long releasing them. I’d really like to see the Nikon version appear soon, the X1 leaves a mark on my forehead after a long days shoot. Such a bad ergonomic design. Anyone else suffer from this? Or is it just my Grotesquely large forehead 🙂

27. Carl 5 months ago

Hi

I’m considering purchasing the XT32. General or Sony edition because I might add a Sony A7 or A9 series later. Currently I have an Olympus E-M5 Mark 2 and E-M1 Mark 2 setup. For remote controls you also have the X1’s. It seems like the units are pretty much identical except for appearance and a couple of things like missing TTL (for Sony, Canon and Nikon) missing hot shoe on the XT32.

I might purchase a Sony A7 or A9 series camera later, so it would be nice to have the X1s, but I don’t know if this would work with my Olympus cameras at all because of the different pin setup? Probably not. And would the XT32 be able to set up with remote triggering? I’m thinking of real estate photography, and I need to be able to take one flash with me and triggering the camera while I point the flash on certain locations. And in what situation do you really need the hot shoe on the X1’s? I don’t expect to do much HSS with a Flash on camera.

Could someone help me answering the questions above. I would be very grateful. Thanks!

Hi Carl,

The other XT32 versions could be a few months or more away yet (Godox aren’t giving any times), as they are concentrating on releasing the AD200 flash units first.

The Canon version XT32 works fine on my Sony A7 though for remote manual use. Its only the center firing pin you need to line up, so hopefully it would work on your Panasonic as well (hopefully others can confirm). The X1 transmitters are the same in that regard, if anything you may need to be covering the TTL contacts on the camera so that its only the center pin making contact.

The shutter release function on the X1 is very basic as far as I’m aware. You need an X1R receiver attached to the camera via a shutter release cord, and the X1 transmitter in hand to act as the wireless shutter release. So you could just as easily be using any other (possibly cheaper) wireless shutter release set instead. Though I guess using the X1 would provide a back up flash transmitter.

The XT32 may well work as the shutter release to the X1 receiver as well, though the test fire button is only single stage, so definitely no remote focusing.

28. Peter 5 months ago

Carl, Elvis,

I use the Canon version of the XT32 on my E-M10 mkII flawlessly. No need to cover pins, it works out of the box.
    What’s more, I could get my TT600 flashes to work in HSS mode. The only thing I had to do was to put an FP capable flash (FL-36 in my case) on the Olympus body, fire it in FP (HSS) mode and than replace it with the XT32. I tried it once, so don’t take it granted.

Fantastic, thanks Peter!

That makes it simple 🙂

29. andy 5 months ago

Will the XT32(canon) work on Nikon if you just want to use it as a remote trigger to change the flash outputs and not use it for HSS?

Hi Andy,

Yes it should work fine on Nikon cameras (works fine on my D7000) for remote manual use.

Either turn the sleep mode off, or you will need to take a shot to wake up the transmitter. Other than that it should be fine.

30. Jesse Patterson 5 months ago

Has anyone tested the XT32 on the Canon M3? The M3 is known for not working well with 3rd Party lighting gear and I’m wondering if this trigger would work.

• Wolf Dieter 4 months ago

A quick test with the XT32 on my Canon M3 shows: flash works, AF beam does not.
      Canon restarts when entering CF- settings.

• Jesse Patterson 4 months ago

Thanks Wolf! I just purchased an XT32 myself and can confirm the trigger works very well, even in HSS!

31. iban 5 months ago

Hi.
    Do you know if the xt32 remote modeling light on/off is compatible with the godox AD600/flashpoint series?

32. Setyo 5 months ago

Has anyone try to use HSS via Godox XT32 on Nikon D5200? As far as I know Nikon D5000 series have no HSS feature..

33. bob 4 months ago

Amazingly a year after the first Canon versions were seen we have still not seen the Nikon or even the easiest to produce the G version – anybody heard anything?

Mike

Hi Mike (bob),

Godox were (still are at the time of writing this) focusing on getting the AD200 strobes releases, so all these things got pushed back.

They are not giving time estimates on the XT-32. I would expect likely still in the first half of the year though.

34. Alan 4 months ago

Before I purchase an X32C could someone please conform that it will remotely control the power output of the TT600, I have an X!T-C that will not do that.

Hi Alan,

The XT-32 should remotely control the TT600, though your X1T-C should as well, so something not right there.

35. Alan 4 months ago

Ok, let me rephrase it another way…what if any are the operating differences between the XT32C and the X1T-C

36. Alan 4 months ago

Sorry I missed your comment. The X1T-C will trigger the flashes, but it won’t set the power levels on the flash units themselves. I believe that a separate adaptor is required in order to control the power outputs of the flash units. Or have I misread this somewhere?

37. Van 4 months ago

Hello – I have a Flashpoint RL-600. Will this work on a Fuji XT1 to trigger the light and change power settings? I’m not concerned about HSS. Thanks for any advice!

38. JL Williams 4 months ago

I know, old thread, but… did the Nikon, Sony, and “generic” versions EVER appear? All are listed on the Godox website, but I’ve never seen anything advertised other than the Canon version. A woman can make a baby in 9 months, surely Godox should be able to make a generic transmitter in the same amount of time…?

Hi JL,

No the other versions have not been released yet, they will likely come in the first half of 2017.

Godox where focusing on getting the AD200 flash completed.

39. Nathan Rose 4 months ago

Anyone know if there is a firmware update for the godox xt32c? The focus assist beam works on my canon 5D mk3, but not with my 5D mk4.
    I downloaded the Godox G1 upgrade software, but cant find a firmware upgrade download for it. Am I missing something?

40. Sal 3 months ago

Why not dedicating one button for every group (and longpress for secondary function)? 🙁

It would make it so much more ergonomic:
    * Press Button for Group X
    * Adjust Power
    Two clicks and not having to look at display!

Much faster than clicking through groups and having to look at display…

Why don’t Godox engeneers ask real pro photographers before designing products? Sorry if this sounds harsh… just see so much potential wasted with not fully thought out products lately…

Hi Sal,

The next X2 transmitter Godox are working on at the moment will have separate group buttons.

Having said that, Flashpoint have basically commissioned their own version (which we have designed with a different button layout), because Godox insist on doing things their own way.

So its still pretty tough getting Godox to understand what most people here at least would see as common sense.

• Cat 3 months ago

The next X2 transmitter … 🙂 More info please! 🙂

41. Joel Feigenbaum 3 months ago

Does anyone know if the Godox XT32C transmitter will control a Canon EX 600 RT flash on top of a Flashpoint R2 receiver? I can’t seem to get it to control the Canon flash, only trigger it.

42. alastair lever 3 months ago

Wow. 10 months on and we still only have a Canon version.
    Come on Godox, stop messing about and get these products promised to us nearly a year ago produced.

Hi Alastair,

I think the Nikon versions will at least be available pretty soon now.

• bob 3 months ago

Already available on EBay

43. ramin 3 months ago

Dear F. Havoc: Do you think the XT32 and XTR16 receiver will function on Genesis GF400 (calumet version of AD 360) ?

Thanks in advance

• bob 3 months ago

They will if you purchase the corresponding XTR receiver

44. jadot 3 months ago

At the risk of sounding a little familiar, us Fuji users are still waiting for the G. The Canon version will trigger from an X-T2 but only if you cover the pins which is a fairly flimsy work-around at best.
    Does anybody know if Godox are still releasing this? The Godox lights are good, but they’re blocking out a whole set of users, and not letting us know at least if/when support is coming is a bit off.

Hi Jadot,

I can’t keep asking Godox when things will be ready (especially when I’m harassing them to fix other things etc as well) though I’ll try and see if Flashpoint have any update on this.

You do realise you can use the XT-16 transmitter in the mean time? (I understand it would be preferable to put money towards the XT32).

• jadot 2 months ago

Apologies – I wasn’t really expecting anybody to reply – just venting. By now I’m used to being left behind with Fuji cameras and flash compatibility – it’s just a shame that Godox haven’t yet managed to put together a single pin version of the XT32, and while I’m at it, Mac compatibility for their firmware updates.

Yes, I suppose I will have to get the XT-16, but by the time I’ve spent money on up to 3 different triggers I could be looking elsewhere – Cactus for example.

45. alastair lever 2 months ago

Just ordered the nikon version from China. Should be around two week delivery.

46. Andrew Miller 2 weeks ago

So… months on and still waiting.

The first company that manages to get to HSS working fully and consistently on Fuji cameras is going to bring in a shed load of money. I’d prefer it to be Godox, after investing in Godox kit for years. Having to hide pins etc to get triggers working si a pin! COME ON GODOX!!!!

Flash Havoc 5 days ago

Hi Andrew,

You will have some time to wait yet for a Fuji transmitter unit. What Godox will be offering first is the TT350 mini speedlite which has a master/transmitter function built-in.

Then the next priority really needs to be getting the Fuji firmware available for the slave strobes. I’m not sure at this stage how that will all play out though.

47. Andy 1 week ago

Quick question:

The XT32N works with HSS on the wistro units with receivers.

I can’t seem to get in to work with the Godox Ving860N

Can you HSS with the Ving860N when they have the receivers attached?

Or will they only HSS when attached to camera hotshoe?

Flash Havoc 5 days ago

Hi Andy,

That’s an interesting question.

If you’re using the clip on XTR-16s receivers, then you would need to set the flash to HSS mode directly on the flash, just as you do with the first version Witstros.

And the first possible issue there is the V860N originally didn’t provide a HSS mode you could set directly on the flash. I’m not really sure now if that was added later or not, as it was for the V860C. So if using the XTR-16s receivers the first thing would be to see if you have a HSS mode button on your flash?

If using an X1R-N receiver attached to the V860N, in theory they should work with HSS switching on and off automatically as needed. Unfortunately I don’t have an XT32-N here at the moment to confirm that’s working. I think worst case there though is you would need to use an X1T-N transmitter instead of the XT32-N.

48. John 5 days ago

Is it possible to control the power of off camera flashes (TT600’s etc) while holding the XT32 in your hand, not mounted on camera hot shoe? Could you use another XT32 in the hot shoe to trigger the camera? I believe that this is possible with the Yongnuo 560TX using RF603 in hot shoe. So I was wondering if it was possible with the Godox system.

Flash Havoc 5 days ago

Hi John,

I’m not too sure how you could make it work using the second XT32 transmitter on the camera hotshoe, because the XT32 updates the power settings on the slave flash as you take each shot.

Maybe an XT-16 transmitter on the camera hotshoe may work (XT32 in hand), though I don’t have an XT-16 here to try right now unfortunately.

The XT32 in hand works fine as the remote power control, its just getting a transmitter on camera that won’t send its own power settings to the flash as well. The X1 transmitter will work, as long as you don’t touch any power settings, modes, or the test fire button.

• John 3 days ago

Thanks. I will try it with the X1. I am surprised this is not an issue that others have raised, but perhaps no one wants to control flash power remotely rather than from behind the camera. I may try the XT-16 idea too. Cheers.