B&H Photo have released the Impact Cruiser TTL-500, TTL & High Speed Sync enabled 500Ws portable strobe, with 2.4GHz radio built-in for Canon, Nikon, and Sony camera systems.
The Cruiser TTL-500 come standard with on-board Lithium-ion battery, as well as multi voltage AC power adapter included for worldwide mains power use.
Though the S1 do provide a metal flash body, slightly shorter (stated) minimum flash duration, and a transmitter with a narrower case design.
The Impact Cruiser at the time of writing this also do not provide HSS with Sony (where the S1 will).
The Cruiser’s Lithium-Ion battery provides up to 350 full power flashes, with a full power recycle time of approximate 3 seconds.
Along with TTL, HSS, and Second curtain Sync, the Cruisers remote manual power mode provides a 9 stop power range (500Ws – 1.9Ws), adjustable in 1/10th stop increments.
Flash duration ranges from 1/1,000 at full power, down to 1/9,000 at minimum power.
And a 10 Watt LED modelling light is provided.
IMPACT CRUISER TTL-500 FEATURES
- 500Ws – GN f/16.8 at ISO 100, direct flash @ 10′ (3.0 m)
- Fan Cooled
- 10W LED Modelling Light
- Bowens S-type Mount
- Flash Modes – ETTL / I-TTL / P-TTL / Manual
- HSS to 1/8000th (Minimum power not stated) (No HSS for Sony)
- FEC – 1/3rd Increments (±3 Stops)
- Manual Power – 2.0 – 10.0 (1/10th Increments), 9 Stop Range
- Impact Cruiser 2.4GHz Radio System Built-in
- Canon / Nikon / Sony TTL Radio Slave Modes
- Range – 100m+
- 3 Groups – A / B / C
- 8 Channels
- Basic Optic Slave Mode
- 14.4V, 4500mAh, Li-Ion Battery Pack
- 350 Full Power Flashes
- 3 Second Recycle Time at Full Power
- AC Power adapter (Multi Voltage: 100V – 240V)
- IGBT Technology
- Flash Duration – 1/1000 – 1/9000 (Max-Min Power)
- Color Temperature – 5700k +/- 150k
- Large LCD Display
- 10W LED Modeling Light
- Fan Cooled
- Temperature Regulation
- Bowens S-Type Mount
- Frosted Glass Diffuser Dome
- USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
- 3.5mm Sync Port
2.4GHz TTL radio transmitters are available for Canon, Nikon, and Sony camera systems, and provide 3 individual Groups (A / B / C).
HSS to 1/8000th shutter speed is also available for Canon and Nikon only (at the time of release).
Radio range is stated as 328′ (100 m). And the transmitter is powered by 2 AAA batteries.
No AF assist light is provided.
IMPACT CRUISER TTL-500 SPECS
|Power||350 Full-power flashes
4500 mAh / 64.8 Wh
Normal voltage: 14.4 V
|Battery Charge Time||3.0 hours with included multi-voltage charger|
|Dimensions||3.7 x 4.2 x 2.6″ (9.4 x 10.7 x 6.6 cm)|
|Weight||1.5 lb (680.4 g)|
|Voltage||Input: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
Output: DC 16.8 to 2.5 A
|Weight||0.6 lb (272 g)|
|Package Weight||6.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||20.5 x 10.0 x 9.0″|
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Impact Cruiser TTL-500 are available now from B&H Photo from $724.50 including choice of transmitter.
Impact Cruiser TTL-500 – Website