This will make the CALER 600EX-RT only the second third-party speedlight available (after the YongNuo YN600EX-RT) to provide both radio Master and Slave modes compatible with Canon’s complex bi-directional RT radio system.
Jinbei have stepped up further with the CALER 600X-RT though, also reproducing more advanced features like the gel holder and color temperature sensor, Auto Exposure sensor, and flash head tilt / swivel locking button.
Like the original Canon 600EX-RT, Jinbei’s version claims a guide number of 60m (ISO100 / 200mm), as well as 20-200mm zoom, ETTL, HSS to 1/8000s, Second Curtain Sync etc.
Full power recycle time is also stated around 3 seconds, and an external HV battery port is also provided.
Dot matrix LCD screen and interface all appear very similar to the original 600EX-RT.
JINBEI CALER 600EX-RT FEATURES
- Guide Number (GN) 60 Metres at ISO 100 and 200mm
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Flash Mode – ETTL II /M / Multi
- 1st Curtain Sync / 2nd Curtain Sync
- FEC – 1/3rd Increments
- Manual Flash – 1/128 – 1/1 Output Control (1/3rd increments)
- 20-200mm Auto and Manual Flash Zoom
- 2.4GHz RT Radio Master and Slave Modes
- Canon Optic Wireless Master and Slave Modes
- Recycle Time – Aprox 0.1 – 3 Sec
- Flash Groups – Radio A/B/C/D/E, Optic A/B/C
- Channels – Radio 1 – 15, Optic 1 – 4
- Custom / Persona Functions
- Sound Prompt
- Heat Protection
- LCD Back Light
- AF Assist Light
- Head Tilt 90 / -7 Degrees, Swivel 180 Degrees Left & Right
- Tilt Swivel Lock Button
- Large Dot Matrix LCD Screen
- Bounce Card & Wide Angle Diffuser
- Fast Clamping Foot
- External HV Battery Port
- PC Sync Port
- 2.5mm Port
- Weight – 430g
- Dimensions – 142 x 125 x 78mm
- Power – 4 x AA Batteries
Like the original Canon flash, the CALER 600EX-RT provides both Canon Optic Wireless Master and Slave modes, along with the RT radio Master and Slave modes.
Unlike most third party speedlites, Jinbei have included the gel color temperature sensors located under the flash head. (Which can automatically adjust the cameras white balance setting to match).
And a 600EX-RT style gel holder and CTO gel will be supplied with the CALER flash.
Also very rarely included in third party version of the Canon speedlites is an Auto Exposure sensor located on the front of the flash, and Ext.A flash metering mode.
(Sometimes preferred over the more advanced and complex ETTL II metering system).
And although not stated as a feature, the CALER 600EX-RT even appear like they could possibly have a multiple beam AF assist light like the original Canon flash (we can only hope).
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
Jinbei are expecting the CALER 600EX-RT Speedlite to be available this month (August 2016).
Price has not yet been specified, though some early listings indicate prices may be from around $150.
Jinbei – Website
Jinbei – Alibaba