Jinbei have announced the HD 601, Remote Manual, and HSS enabled, cordless strobe to be available in June 2017.
The HD 601 are a more economical version of the popular Jinbei HD 610 TTL strobes, though leaving out the TTL function, and some other small cost saving downgrades from the HD 610 –
- Approximately 500Ws power (down from 600Ws)
- 10 watt LED modelling light (down from 20 watt)
- Smaller LCD screen
- Slightly simplified back panel
- No flash tube protecting glass cover
The Jinbei HD 601 are basically same strobe as the ORLIT Rovelight RT601 HSS are based on, though the ORLIT version will be the only one to provide the additional Canon RT radio slave mode.
That is on top of Jinbei’s current 2.4GHz RF radio slave modes for Canon, Nikon, and Sony camera systems, as the HD 601 provide.
The HD 601 are also positioned as the successor to the popular Jinbei HD 600 series strobes as they are eventually phased out.
The HD 601’s 14.8V 6000mAh Lithium-ion battery provides around 450 full power pops per charge, with 2.3 second full power recycle time.
Manual power control is from full power down to 1/256th, and adjustable in full or 0.1 stop increments.
The color LCD interface displays the power levels as 0.1 – 0.9. And simply pressing the main dial allow fast full stop adjustments.
Up to 6 Groups are provided, A / B / C / D / E / F. Though this will depend on the transmitter units used.
The interface also provides a fast and simple menu system.
JINBEI HD 601 FEATURES
- Fan Cooled (Auto)
- 10W LED Modelling Light (3200K), Manual & Proportional
- Bowens S-type Accessory Mount
- Built in (removable) 14.8V / 6000mAh Lithium-ion Battery
- Over 450 Full Power Pops Per Battery Charge
- 0.01 – 2.3 Seconds Recycle Time
- Flash Modes – Manual
- HSS to 1/8000th (Down to 1/32 Power)
- Second Curtain Sync
- Manual Flash – 1/256 – 1/1 Output (1/10th Increments, 9 Stop Range)
- Flash Duration Freeze Mode (t0.5) – 1/800s – 1/19000s
- Flash Duration Normal Mode (t0.5) – 1/800s – 1/8000s
- Jinbei 2.4GHz Radio Receiver Built-in
- Canon, Nikon, & Sony Radio Slave Modes
- Range – 300m + with TR-611 / TR-612 as Transmitter
- Groups – A / B / C / D / E / F (This Depends on Transmitter Used)
- 16 Channels
- Supports Legacy TRS-V / TR-A6 Trigger System (No Group Control)
- Supports Legacy TRS Trigger System (Limited function)
- Optic Slave Mode
- Color Dot Matrix LCD Display
- Custom Functions
- Auto Memory Function
- Sound Prompt
- Battery Level Indicator
- Auto Power Off (After 60 Minutes)
- Mini USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
- 3.5mm Sync Port
- Dimensions – 355 x 117 x195mm
- Weight – 2.4kg (3.0kg With Battery)
The Jinbe HD 601 provide an S-type accessory mount, and a fan cooled 10 watt LED modeling lamp, with warm 3200K color temperature to help match halogen bulbs.
The modeling light provides manual control in fine 0.1 increments across a 9 stop range, or proportional control adjusting automatically to match the strobes manual power level.
Remote control from the Jinbei transmitter unit is limited to turning the modelling light ON and OFF (via individual group though, and using Manual or Proportional modes).
The HD 601’s 14.8V 6000mAh Lithium-ion battery provides around 450 full power pops per charge.
And now includes a built in charge level indicator.
An AC power adapter for mains power use is also available.
Current transmitter units for the HD 601 include the TR-611C for Canon, and TR-612N for Nikon.
Though TR-Q6 transmitters for Canon, Nikon, and eventually Sony, will also be coming.
The TR-611C, and TR-612N both provide 3 flash groups A / B / C. Remote zoom control for speedlites is also available by group.
The hotshoe on top of the units when used as transmitter mounted on the camera provide full TTL pass through for a flash mounted on top.
Radio range is specified as up to an impressive 300 meters.
The TR-611C, and TR-612N transceivers can also act as receiver units.
And these can be used to simply fire other strobes in combination with the Jinbei lights, or even fire and control compatible TTL speedlites.
For current owners of the original Jinbei HD 600 / FlashPoint Rovelight strobes, the HD601 do provide a legacy TRS radio transmission mode compatible with the Jinbei TRS transmitter.
Though selecting the TRS mode does not then allow any group control ability (basically reducing the HD 601’s functionality to that of the original HD600).
JINBEI HD 601 SPECS
- HD 601
- Product Type
- Studio 500ws HSS Lithium Battery Monolight
- Guide number
- ?GN @ ft ISO 100
- Maximum power
- Wireless receiver
- Built-in Orlit 2.4GHz
- Channel / Group
- CH: 00-15 / GR: A/B/C/D/E/F
- Flash power variation
- M: 1.0 9.0 / HSS: 4.0-9.0
- Recycling time
- 2.3s at full power
- Flash mode
- Sync modes
- Normal / HSS / Freeze
- Flash duration (t0.5)
- NOR: 1/800s-1/8000s / FREEZE: 1/800s-1/19000s
- Color temperature
- NOR: 5500 K 150 K / FREEZE: 5500 K 800 K
- Modeling lamp
- 10W LED, Proportion / Independent mode
- Power source
- Lithium battery / DC14.8V 6000mAh
- Battery capacity
- Up to 450 times at full power
- Battery life
- 300 charge cycle (to 80% capacity)
- Auto power off
- After 60 minutes / Sleep activated after 10 minutes
- Voltage stabilization
- Infra-red sensor
- Built-in infra-red sensor
- Sync socket
- Sync voltage
- Thermal Protection method
- Auto shutoff temperature sensor circuit
- Operating room temperature
- 32 -104 F / 0 – 40 C
- USB firmware update support
- 5.0 lb /2.3Kg (without battery)
- 14.0 x 4.6 x 7.7 in / 355 x 117 x 195mm)
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Jinbei HD 601 strobes will be available in June 2017 from around $449.
Jinbei – Website