The original HD 600 are known for being one of the most powerful battery powered strobes in the 600Ws class, as well as for their unique Long Duration Sync mode allowing high camera shutter speeds.
And the HD 610 appear to be raising the bar further with substantial upgrades including –
- TTL Modes for Canon and Nikon DSLR’s (Initially)
- Pulsing HSS Mode allowing shutter speeds to 1/8000
- Short Flash Duration (Freeze Mode) down to 1/19000s
- Full power recycle time of just 2.5 seconds (down from 3.5 seconds)
- Manual power levels down to 1/256th, with fine 0.1 stop graduations
- Powerful 20 watt 3200K LED modeling lamp (equivalent to 100 watt tungsten)
- Large full color LED display and simple user interface
Along with numerous other aspects reminiscent of the Profoto B1, the HD 610 have now adopted a top mounted battery, which frees up the strobes rear panel allowing for the larger interface and LCD display.
The 14.8V 6000mAh Lithium-ion battery providing over 450 full power flashes, and now featuring a built in power level display.
The HD 610’s new user interface design features a large clear full color LCD display, simple menu system, and large power and function control dial.
JINBEI HD 610 FEATURES
- Powerful 600Ws (Guide N0. 80M – ISO 100, Standard Reflector)
- Fan Cooled (Auto)
- 20W LED Modelling Light (100W Tungsten Equivalent, 3200K)
- Bowens S-type Accessory Mount
- Built in (removable) 14.8V / 6000mAh Lithium-ion Battery
- Over 450 Full Power Pops Per Battery Charge
- 0.01 – 2.5 Seconds Recycle Time
- Flash Modes – TTL / M
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Second Curtain Sync
- Manual Flash – 1/256 – 1/1 Output (1/10th Increments, 9 Stop Range)
- Long Flash Duration Mode – Down to 1/32 Power
- Short Flash Duration (Freeze Mode) – 1/800s – 1/19000s
- Jinbei 2.4GHz Radio Receiver Built-in
- ETTL & ITTL Radio Slave Modes
- Range – 300m + with TR-611 / TR-612 as Transmitter
- Groups – A / B / C / D / E / F
- 16 Channels
- Supports Legacy TRS-V / TR-A6 Trigger System (may be limited function)
- Supports Legacy TRS Trigger System (may be limited function)
- Large Color Dot Matrix LCD Display
- Custom Functions
- Auto Memory Function
- Sound Prompt
- Mini USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
- 3.5mm Sync Port
The HD 610 provide a 20 watt LED modeling lamp (equivalent to 100 watt tungsten), with warm 3200K color temperature to help match with AC studio strobes.
The HD 610’s Lithium-ion Polymer battery now provides its own built -in battery level indicator.
And inside the battery compartment is located a min USB port for user firmware updates.
The initial TTL and HSS enabled transmitter units compatible with the HD 610 will be the Jinbei TR-611 for Canon, and TR-612 for Nikon.
These provide 3 individual Groups A / B / C, as well as a TTL pass through hotshoe on top.
Radio range is specified as up to an impressive 300 meters.
For current owners of the popular HD 600 / FlashPoint Rovelight, and HD 600V, the HD 610 do actually provide legacy radio transmission modes.
Though it appears these modes need to be selected separately from the Canon or Nikon TTL modes, so remote functionality with the HD 610 may still be quite limited when combining with legacy strobes and transmitter units.
The radio modes available are –
- C – Canon TTL
- N – Nikon TTL
- A6 – TR-A6 and TRS-V Transmitter Units
- TRS – TRS Transmitter Unit
TR-611 / TR-612 – transmitters will provide full TTL / Remote Manual / HSS, in 3 individual groups with the HD 610.
TRS-V and TR-A6 – are compatible with the HD 600V. The TRS-V providing remote manual power control for one flash group only. And the TR-A6 adds HSS function for Canon or Nikon (and an LCD screen).
TRS – original transmitters are compatible with the original HD 600 and RoveLight, and also provide remote manual power control for one flash group only.
Its not completely clear yet which remote functions the TR-A6 / TRS-V, or TRS transmission modes will provide with the HD 610 strobes though.
UPDATE – We now know –
- The TRS transmitter can adjust power, and enable the HD 610 modelling light with the head in TRS mode.
- The TRS-V and the TR-A6 can adjust power, and enable the HD610 modelling lamp with the head in A6 mode. The TRA6 can also trigger the HD 610 in HSS mode.
Of course this is only of concern to current Jinbei / RoveLight strobe owners. New Jinbei HD 610 owners would have full functionality with the new TR-611 or TR-612 transmitters.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Jinbei HD 610 TTL and HSS enabled strobes are available now from around $699 –
Jinbei – Website