The LED Light Cubes, originally a successfully crowd funded project, are one of the most unique lights currently available.
Using a super-bright 150 watt LED light source for both flash and continuous lighting, the one compact portable light can be used for both still photos and video.
In flash mode the Light Cubes also have some very unique capabilities –
No Recycle Time –
The light Cubes do not have any traditional flash tube or capacitors, so instant recycle times are possible, even at full power!
This means the Cubes can keep up with the frame rates of the fastest DSLR’s, even at full power!
Adjustable Flash Duration –
The Light Cubes flash durations are also fully adjustable at any power level!
From motion freezing 1/8000th of a second, to as long as 1 second.
Modeling Light –
Unlike most hotshoe flashes which do not have any practical modeling light available, the LED Light Cubes are inherently built around a continuous light source. Providing a very practical modelling light and focus assist aid while in flash mode as well.
On Board Lithium-Ion Battery –
No AA batteries to manage. The LED Light Cubes are powered by interchangeable Lithium-Ion battery packs, capable of over 15,000 full power pops at 1/60th duration. Or constant video light of around 45 minutes.
Product Features –
- Continuous High speed flashing at full power.
- Completely portable with battery internally fitted.
- High Capacity – over 15,000 flashes @ 1/60 of a second duration from a single battery charge at full power.
- Over 150 Watts / 5,000 Lumens of light output.
- Ultimate portable lighting kit – Sold as individual or set of 4 lights.
- Stackable. Build versatile light banks.
- Stable colour temperature. Consistent colour temp as power levels are adjusted Use as a video light.
- Master control. Set the lighting condition of a single unit in array mode and all others will match the settings.
- Modelling light feature.
- Trigger remotely via sync cable, wireless trigger or as light sensitive slave.
- Adjustable flash speed. Adjust the flash speed of the unit to shoot at faster or slower durations. 8000MS – 1Sec.
- Compact and easy to pack and transport – 10cm x 10cm x 10cm
The LED Light Cubes are fitted with a proprietary bayonet mount which accept a variety or accessories –
As well as adapter mounts for Bowens S-type and Elinchrom systems (with Profoto and Broncolor mounts also to come).
The LED Light Cube interface is very simple, with an orange back lit LCD panel displaying the mode, fully adjustable power output, and flash duration.
The modes provide a choice of Flash only, Flash with Video / Modelling light, and Video light alone –
The LED Light Cubes come with 1/4″ 20 threaded mounting points on all 4 sides, so that the Cubes can be joined together in larger light banks.
And a Master control array mode allows all units to match the one Masters units settings.
Removable orange rubber O-rings provide a soft surface around the edge of the cast alloy Light Cube case, and also allow an air gap for heat dissipation.
An interchangeable 11.1v 2.8 mAh LiPo Lithium-ion battery provides over 15,000 full power shots at 1/60th flash duration. Or around 45 minutes constant video time.
Charging time is around 2 – 3 hours. Packs are removable and exchangeable though, so you can have spares, and be charging some while others are in use.
For firing the Cubes there are no radio receiver or remote manual power control enabled at this stage. Though a basic optic slave is built in. And a 2.5mm sync port allows manual radio triggers, or sync cord to be attached.
Cube In and Cube Out ports allow a number of cubes to be joined in sync together.
LED Light Cubes come with –
- 1 x LED Light Cube
- 1 x LED Light Cube Li-PO Batteries
- 1 x LED Light Charger
- 1 x LED Light Cube Interlocking Spigot
- 1 x Cube-in-Cube-out Cable
- 1 x LED Hotshoe Stand
- 1 x Carry Bag
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY –
The LED Light Cubes and accessories are available now from $659 for a single cube kit –
LED Light Cube – Website
LED Light Cube – Indiegogo Campaign
LED Light Cube – Original Post.