Portable lighting manufacturer NiceFoto have announced the RQ400, RQ600, and RQ800, all in one Lithium-ion powered strobes, with TTL and HSS compatibility for Canon DSLR’s.
Apart from a larger 14.8 volt, 6800mAh battery, and larger shapely new case design, the RQ series strobes have most of the same specifications as the smaller TTL-480C and TTL-680C.
Which they will be released alongside in January 2016 (the 800Ws RQ800 will be available later in 2016).
Like the TTL-480C and TT-680C, the RQ series TTL strobes will share the new 2.4GHz TX-C01 radio transmitter units, communicating with the strobes built in radio receiver modules.
The TX-C01 provide control for up to 3 groups of lights, in TTL, or via remote manual power control.
Groups can be turned on and off, by choosing one of 7 combinations of groups to remain on: A, B, C, AB, AC, BC, or ABC.
TTL and Manual Groups can not be mixed together at the same time at this stage though.
NICEFOTO RQ6800C FEATURES
- GN 78 (m, ISO 100)
- Canon ETTL and HSS Compatibility.
- Built in (Removable) 14.8V / 6800mAh Lithium-ion Battery
- Up to 410 Full Power Pops Per Battery Charge
- Optional AC Power Adapter Available
- Flash Modes – ETTL / M / Multi / FP
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Second Curtain Sync (SCS)
- FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 Stops)
- FEL (Flash Exposure Lock)
- Manual Flash – 1/128 – 1/1 Output (1/3rd Increments)
- FP – Short Duration Flash Mode for Freezing Action
- NiceFoto 2.4GHz Radio System & TX-C01 Transmitter
- Canon Radio Slave Mode
- Range – to 100m
- Groups – A / B / C
- 16 Channels
- Transmitter USB Port
- S1 Optic Slave Mode
- 0.1 – 6.5 Seconds Recycle Time
- Flash Duration – down to 1/20,000s (t0.5)
- Color Temperature 5500K +/- 200K
- Backlit LCD Display
- Recycle Tone Indicator
- Overheat Protection
- 5W LED Modelling Light (Manually Adjustable 20% – 100% in 10% increments)
- 3.5mm Sync Port
- USB Port for Firmware Updates
- AC Power Port
- Bowens Accessory Mount
- Strong Impact Resistant Standard Reflector
The RQ800C provide a Bowens mount with built in reflector and 5Watt LED modelling light.
The swivel mount doubles as a hand grip for hand holding the strobe.
The supplied metal reflector is designed to be especially durable, to help avoid any deformation from knocks and impact etc.
A USB port is provided for firmware updates, as well as a 3.5MM sync port.
The RQ’s large 14.8V / 6800mAh Lithium-ion battery clips neatly into the top of the flash, and provides up to 410 full power pops with the 800Ws strobe, and 500 pops with the 600Ws strobe.
Optional AC power adapters will also be available for the RQ series strobes.
NICEFOTO RQ SPECS
The weight of the largest 800Ws option RQ800C, with battery and reflector, is just 2.4kg.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Nicefoto RQ800C for Canon are available now from around $660 with transmitter –
Nicefoto – Website
Nicefoto – TTL Series TTL Strobes