Adorama have released the first Canon RT, AND Nikon compatible, TTL and HSS enabled 600Ws cordless strobe, in the new ORLIT RoveLight RT 610 TTL.
The RoveLight RT 610 are Adorama’s much anticipated version of Jinbei’s HD 610 Lithium-ion powered TTL strobes. Including all of their features, as well as adding direct compatibility with Canon’s own 2.4GHz RT radio system. All in the one strobe.
Once again the RT 610 should provide a major breakthrough for the many Canon based professional wedding and event photographers wanting to expand their flash system with larger off camera strobes, while retaining the well refined original Canon RT speedlites as their on-camera master unit.
Nikon and Sony owners are not left out though either, as the Orlit RT 610 still provide the original ORLIT / Jinbei 2.4GHz RF radio receiver modes for Canon, Nikon, and Sony DSLR systems.
As the “RoveLight” branding indicates, the ORLIT RoveLight RT 610 are also the follow up to Adorama’s very popular original Lithium-ion powered fully cordless Flashpoint RoveLight 600B.
(Due to their significantly upgraded radio system, there is relatively limited backward compatibility between the 2 lights though. More on that further below).
Significant upgrades from the original RoveLights include –
- TTL Modes for Canon, Nikon, & Sony
- Direct Canon RT radio compatibility
- Pulsing HSS Mode allowing shutter speeds to 1/8000 (down to 1/32 power)
- Group control for up to 5 Groups A / B / C / D / E / F
- Short Flash Duration (Freeze Mode) down to 1/19000s
- Full power recycle time of just 2.3 seconds (down from 3.5 seconds)
- Manual power levels down to 1/256th, with fine 0.1 stop graduations
- More powerful 20 watt, 3200K, LED modeling lamp
- Large full color LED display and simple user interface
- USB port for firmware updates
- Integrated handle and refined swivel mount
The ORLIT RT 610’s 14.8V 6000mAh Lithium-ion battery provides around 450 full power pops per charge, with 2.3 second full power recycle time.
Manual power control is from full power down to 1/256th, and adjustable in full or 0.1 stop increments.
The large full color LCD interface displays the power levels as 0.1 – 0.9. And simply pressing the main dial allow fast full stop adjustments.
Up to 6 Groups are provided, A / B / C / D / E / F. Though this will depend on the transmitter units used.
The interface also provides a fast and simple menu system.
ORLIT ROVELIGHT RT 610 FEATURES
- 600Ws (Guide N0. 67M – ISO 100, Supplied 5.5″ Reflector)
- Fan Cooled (Auto)
- 20W LED Modelling Light (3200K), Manual & Proportional
- Bowens S-type Accessory Mount
- Built in (removable) 14.8V / 6000mAh Lithium-ion Battery
- Over 450 Full Power Pops Per Battery Charge
- 0.01 – 2.3 Seconds Recycle Time
- Flash Modes – TTL / M / Multi
- HSS to 1/8000th (Down to 1/32 Power)
- Second Curtain Sync
- Manual Flash – 1/256 – 1/1 Output (1/10th Increments, 9 Stop Range)
- Flash Duration Freeze Mode (t0.5) – 1/800s – 1/19000s
- Flash Duration Normal Mode (t0.5) – 1/800s – 1/4800s
- Canon RT compatible 2.4GHz Radio Receiver Built-in
- Range – Depending On Transmitter
- Groups – A / B / C / D / E / F
- 16 Channels
- ORLIT / Jinbei 2.4GHz Radio Receiver Built-in
- Canon, Nikon, Sony, TTL Radio Slave Modes
- Range – 300m + with TR-611 / TR-612 as Transmitter
- Groups – A / B / C / D / E / F
- 16 Channels
- Supports Legacy TRS-V / TR-A6 Trigger System (No Group Control)
- Supports Legacy TRS Trigger System (Limited function)
- Optic Slave Mode
- Large Color Dot Matrix LCD Display
- Custom Functions
- Auto Memory Function
- Sound Prompt
- Battery Level Indicator
- Auto Power Off (After 60 Minutes)
- Mini USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
- 3.5mm Sync Port
- Dimensions – 355 x 117 x195mm
- Weight – 2.4kg (3.0kg With Battery)
The ORLIT RT 610 provide an S-type accessory mount, and a fan cooled 20 watt LED modeling lamp (equivalent to 100 watt halogen), with warm 3200K color temperature to help match halogen bulbs.
The Modeling light provides manual control in fine 0.1 increments across a 9 stop range, or proportional control adjusting automatically to match the strobes manual power level.
The ORLIT RT 610’s 14.8V 6000mAh Lithium-ion battery provides around 450 full power pops per charge.
And now includes a built in charge level indicator.
And an AC power adapter for mains power is also available.
Compatible transmitter units for the ORLIT system, when used in RT radio mode, include all of Canon’s own RT enabled master units. Like the 600EX-RT II, and 430EX III-RT Speedlites, and ST-E3-RT transmitter.
ORLIT also offer their own TR-Q6 transmitter for Canon, Nikon, and Sony. With the Canon version also providing Canon RT compatibility.
The TR-Q6 provide 3 flash groups – A / B / C, and allow TTL and Remote Manual Groups to be mixed together, and turned off individually as needed.
The LED modelling lights can be remotely switched ON and OFF (while Manual or Proportional modes can still be set on the strobes).
Radio range is up to an impressive 300 meters.
The TR-Q6 transmitter also provides smartphone APP remote control to the Orlit and Jinbei flash systems.
The TR-Q6 transmitter connects to the smartphone via Bluetooth, providing around 10 meters of range between them, and then conveys the settings on to the slave strobes with a range of up to 300 meters.
Most of the strobes functions can then be controlled remotely through the smartphone interface.
For owners of the original FlashPoint Rovelight, the ORLIT RT 610 do provide a legacy TRS radio transmission mode compatible with the RoveLight TRS transmitter.
Though selecting the TRS mode does not then allow any group control ability (basically reducing the Orlit RT 610’s functionality to that of the original RoveLights).
So the legacy TRS mode is quite limited, and its likely original RoveLight owners will find more useful work arounds which do not lose group control with the Orlit RT 610.
These would mainly involve firing the original RoveLights via an external receiver unit, attached to the flash via PC sync cord. And using the original TRS transmitter just to control the original RoveLights power levels.
The ORLIT Rovelight RT 610 are supplied with a nice semi-hard padded case, and shoulder strap.
And include a compact 5.5″ reflector, battery charger, and a long coiled PC sync cord.
ORLIT ROVELIGHT RT 610 SPECS
- ORLIT RT 610
- Product Type
- Studio 600ws TTL Lithium Battery Monolight
- Guide number
- 201GN @ ft ISO 100
- Maximum power
- Wireless receiver
- Built-in Orlit 2.4GHz
- Channel / Group
- CH: 00-15 / GR: A/B/C/D/E/F
- Flash power variation
- M: 1.0 9.0 / HSS: 4.0-9.0 / TTL: 3.0EV 1 f-stop / 0.1 f-stop increment
- Recycling time
- 2.3s at full power
- Flash mode
- M / TTL mode
- Sync modes
- Normal / HSS / Freeze
- Flash duration (t0.5)
- NOR: 1/800s-1/8000s / FREEZE: 1/800s-1/19000s
- Color temperature
- NOR: 5500 K 150 K / FREEZE: 5500 K 800 K
- Modeling lamp
- 20W LED, Proportion / Independent mode
- Power source
- Lithium battery / DC14.8V 6000mAh
- Battery capacity
- Up to 450 times at full power
- Battery life
- 300 charge cycle (to 80% capacity)
- Auto power off
- After 60 minutes / Sleep activated after 10 minutes
- Voltage stabilization
- Infra-red sensor
- Built-in infra-red sensor
- Sync socket
- Sync voltage
- Thermal Protection method
- Auto shutoff temperature sensor circuit
- Operating room temperature
- 32 -104 F / 0 – 40 C
- USB firmware update support
- 5.0 lb /2.3Kg (without battery)
- 14.0 x 4.6 x 7.7 in / 355 x 117 x 195mm)
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The ORLIT RoveLight RT 610 TTL strobes are available now from $699.95 –
ORLIT – TR-Q6 Transmitters
ORLIT – Website
ORLIT – Firmware Downloads