ORLIT ROVER RT TTL – 300Ws Portable Strobe Now Available

ORLIT have released the Rover RT TTL, 300Ws, on and off camera, TTL and HSS enabled, Lithium-ion powered portable flash.

And they are available now from Adorama from $449.95.

The Rover RT are ORLIT’s version of the Jinbei Mars-3. And feature direct compatibility with Canon’s own 2.4GHz RT radio system, as well as the ORLIT / Jinbei 2.4GHz RF radio system for Canon, Nikon, and Sony camera systems.

ORLIT ROVER RT TTL

The Rover RT feature fast 0.3 – 1.3 second recycle times, and 20 frame per second capability at lower power levels.

As well as a fast flash duration mode, 1/1~1/256 power levels, and 300 full power pops per battery charge.

The Rover’s lightweight fan cooled flash head provides a 10 Watt LED modelling light, and built in S-type modifier mount.

ORLIT ROVER RT TTL

ORLIT ROVER RT TTL FEATURES

• 300Ws (Guide N0. 58M – ISO 100)
  • 10W LED Modelling Light (3200K), Manual & Proportional
  • Fan Cooled Pack and Head
  • S-Type Modifier Mount
  • Built in (removable) 14.8V / 2500mAh Lithium-ion Battery
  • 300 Full Power Pops Per Battery Charge
  • 0.03 – 1.3 Seconds Recycle Time
  • Flash Modes – TTL / M
  • HSS to 1/8000th (Down to 1/32 Power)?
  • Second Curtain Sync
  • Manual Flash – 1/256 – 1/1 Output (1/10th Increments, 9 Stop Range)
  • Flash Duration Freeze Mode (t0.5) – 1/800s – 1/19000s
  • Color Temp – Normal Mode – 5500°K ± 150°K
  • Colour Temp Freeze Mdoe – 5500°K ± 800°K
  • Large Color Dot Matrix LCD Display
  • Custom Functions
  • Sound Prompt
  • Battery Level Indicator
  • Auto Power Off (After 60 Minutes)
  • Mini USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
  • 3.5mm Sync Port
  • Dimensions – Head -105W x145H (mm)
  • Dimensions – Pack – 165L x 67W x195H (mm)
  • Weight Head with Cable – 658 grams
  • Weight Pack – 1920 grams
  • Cable Length: 6ft / 1.8m

ORLIT ROVER RT TTL

The ORLIT Rover’s 14.8V 2500mAh Lithium-ion battery provides around 300 full power pops per charge.

And includes a built in charge level indicator.

ORLIT ROVER RT TTL

The Rovers pack and head system provides a very lightweight remote flash head unit.

The flash can be used conveniently off camera, or even with the head mounted above your camera on a flash bracket, for fast and powerful on-camera TTL flash.

ORLIT ROVER RT TTL

Compatible transmitter units for the ORLIT system, when used in RT radio mode, include all of Canon’s own RT enabled master units. Like the 600EX-RT II, and 430EX III-RT Speedlites, and ST-E3-RT transmitter.

ORLIT also offer their own TR-Q6 transmitter for Canon, Nikon, and Sony. With the Canon version also providing Canon RT compatibility.

The TR-Q6 provide 3 flash groups – A / B / C, and allow TTL and Remote Manual Groups to be mixed together, and turned off individually as needed.

The LED modelling lights can be remotely switched ON and OFF (while Manual or Proportional modes can still be set on the strobes).

ORLIT ROVER RT TTL - TR-Q6

The TR-Q6 transmitter also provides smartphone APP remote control to the ORLIT and Jinbei flash systems.

The Orlit APP for iOS is available now (also Jinbei APP for iOS), and the Android APPs should also be available soon.

The Rover RT are part of a fast expanding ORLIT radio flash system, including cordless strobes, AC powered strobes, and speedlites.

ORLIT ROVER RT TTL

The ORLIT Rover RT TTL 300Ws strobes are available now from $449.95 –

Adorama, Amazon

Jinbei Mars-3 – EbayAmazonUK,

ORLIT – Website

ORLIT – Firmware Downloads

1. Jay 2 months ago

Seems like a nice little kit . Will have to try it out .

2. Ron 2 months ago

I officially got one in my hands, after waiting a year when it was first announce.

• Earle 2 months ago

Cool. Hope it works well for you

• Jay 2 months ago

Have you had a chance to put the kit through its paces? If so, what do you think so far?

• Ron 2 months ago

So far, I have only one test photoshoot with it. Most I can say, it gets the job done at bright outdoor high noon sun. No issues from what I’m aware of. But I need more test data. I’ll give it another go at it tomorrow.

3. JORGE 2 months ago

I LIKE MORE THE HEAD FROM THE JINBEI MARS THAN THIS ONE

• JJ 1 month ago

Really how so, i didn’t notice a difference. Is it bulkier or the mount different?

4. alberto 2 months ago

cannot wait for reviews. this maybe replacing my ad200s.

5. Mark 2 months ago

Would be nice if the battery had 4000mAh. Battery seems a bit small-ish.

• Ron 2 months ago

I’m going to agree with you on this one. 2500 mAh (I think that’s what the battery said) is small. Yet I manage to get one shoot done and used up half of it’s battery.

• jay 3 weeks ago

Have you measured its output with a meter? Just curious and thank you.

6. Frank 1 month ago

The Jinbei version Mars 3 Pro version is announced as 250Ws
    Is the Orlit 300Ws ?
    The Orlit is hard to order in Europe.
    Any reviews yet ?
    I would like to know how these units compare to a 60Gn Speedlight with softbox or umbrella.

7. Jared 4 weeks ago

I’m really interested in this, but wonder if it will have the glass protector for the flashtube like the Jinbei version does.

8. Jared 21 hours ago

I just got mine in yesterday! Loving everything about it, except when I use my Canon 5D Mk4.
    For some reason the ORLIT system doesn’t play well with the Canon 5D Mk4.

I can trigger everything (eight ORLIT 600C Speedlites, ORLIT RoveLight RT-610 and this new ORLIT Rover RT) just fine with my Canon 5D Mk3 using both Canon and Canon-compatible transmitters. But when I put the same transmitter on the Canon 5D Mk4, it won’t trigger at all; this includes Canon’s own ST-E3-RT transmitter.

The only transmitter that works consistently for me is the ORLIT TR-Q6. I can “sometimes” get the ORLIT TR-611C transceiver to work, but it flakes out on me after a bit.

Even the ORLIT 600C Speedlites don’t always trigger when I use them on-camera on the 5D Mk3. They’re perfect on the 5D Mk4. Hopefully ORLIT is working on a firmware update to solve this, because other than the Canon 5D Mk4 compatibility issues, I’m really happy with all my ORLIT gear.

OK, only one other thing…

BATTERY COULD BE BIGGER!!!
    At least this is built in such a way that they could manufacture a larger battery and it would still fit fine, it would just be a little taller overall, and that’s OK with me. Batteries for this unit are on backorder at Adorama, and I’m considering looking elsewhere to get a couple spares.