Adorama have announced the ORLIT RT-600C TTL Speedlite, providing both radio Master and Slave modes directly compatible with the Canon RT radio system.
Released alongside the ORLIT RT 610 TTL Cordless Strobe, the RT-600C Speedlite are Adorama’s version of the recently announced Jinbei 600EX-RT Speedlite. And both lights in the USA are available exclusively from Adorama.
At the time of release the ORLIT RT-600C are only the second, third-party speedlight currently available to provide both radio Master and Slave modes compatible with Canon’s 2.4GHz RT radio system.
The RT-600C have stepped up though with more attention to detail, and now featuring most of the more advanced features provided with the original version Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite, including –
- Gel holder and color temperature sensor
- Auto exposure sensor, and Ext.A / Ext.M modes
- 3 LED AF assist light
- Flash head tilt & swivel lock button
- Tight foot with advanced level lock
- Full 600EX-RT Custom Functions and Personal Functions
The Orlit RT-600C provide similar power to the original Canon 600EX-RT, with a guide number stated as 55m (ISO100 / 200mm).
As well as providing 20-200mm zoom, ETTL, HSS to 1/8000s, and Second Curtain Sync etc.
Full power recycle time is under 3 seconds, and an external HV battery port is also provided.
A dot matrix LCD screen and interface are all very similar to the original 600EX-RT.
NOTE – also like the original Canon 600EX-RT there is no USB port provided for firmware updates.
ORLIT RT-600C FEATURES
- Guide Number – 55 Metres (ISO 100 and 200mm Zoom)
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Flash Mode – ETTL II /M / Multi
- 1st Curtain Sync / 2nd Curtain Sync
- FEC – 1/3rd Increments
- Manual Flash – 1/128 – 1/1 Output Control (1/3rd increments)
- 20-200mm Auto and Manual Flash Zoom
- 2.4GHz RT Radio Master and Slave Modes
- Canon Optic Wireless Master and Slave Modes
- Recycle Time – Aprox 0.1 – 3 Sec
- Flash Groups – Radio A/B/C/D/E, Optic A/B/C
- Channels – Radio 1 – 15, Optic 1 – 4
- Custom / Personal Functions
- Linked Shot
- Sound Prompt
- Heat Protection
- LCD Back Light
- AF Assist Light
- Auto Exposure Sensor
- Head Tilt 90 / -7 Degrees, Swivel 180 Degrees Left & Right
- Tilt Swivel Lock Button
- Large Dot Matrix LCD Screen
- Bounce Card & Wide Angle Diffuser
- Fast Clamping Foot
- External HV Battery Port
- PC Sync Port
- 2.5mm Port
- Weight – 430g
- Dimensions – 142 x 125 x 78mm
- Power – 4 x AA Batteries
Like the original Canon flash, the Orlit RT-600C provides both Canon Optic Wireless Master and Slave modes, along with the RT radio Master and Slave modes.
Unlike most third party speedlites, Orlit have included the gel color temperature sensors located under the flash head. (Which can automatically adjust the cameras white balance setting to match).
And a 600EX-RT style gel holder and CTO gel are be supplied with the flash.
Also very rarely included in third party version of the Canon speedlites is an Auto Exposure sensor located on the front of the flash, and Ext.A / Ext.M flash metering mode.
The Orlit RT-600C provide a Canon style external HV battery port, and PC sync port.
Though also like the original Canon 600EX-RT, the Orlit RT-600C unfortunately do not provide any USB port for firmware updates.
The Orlit RT-600C also provide a multiple beam AF assist light. With different combinations of the 3 LED lights engaged depending on the AF points selected in the camera.
This is still not quite the same as Canon’s AF assist lights though, as all 3 lights in the RT-600C project vertical line patterns, just at different sizes. Still much better than most single LED systems.
ORLIT RT-600C FEATURES
- Flash Exposure Control
- RT ETTL II (Master or Slave, with Groups), Ext.A, Ext.M, Manual Flash
- RT Radio Range
- >330ft / 100m
- RT Radio Channels
- Exposure Compensation Range
- 3 stops in 1/3 of a stop increment
- Power Source
- AA Alkaline battery, External HV Power Pack
- Bounce Function
- 0 to 360 horizontally (180 in any direction) and -7 to 90 vertically
- Lens Coverage
- 20-200 mm with automatic or manual zoom control and a pull out 14mm wide angle diffuser
- Recycle Time
- < 3 seconds
- Guide Number
- 182 Ft, 55 Meters @ISO 100< 200mm zoom
- Triggering Modes
- Hot Shoe, Canon RT/ETTL II remote, Orlit TR611C, Sync Port, Optical Slave
- Power Control
- 1/128th power to full power in 1/3 stop increments
- 17 oz / 430 g
- 6 x 5 x 3 in / 142 x 125 x 78mm
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The ORLIT RT-600C Speedlites are available for pre-order now from Adorama for $169.95.
ORLIT – Website