ORLIT RT 610 TTL – Hardware Update Program

ORLIT RoveLight RT 610

After some recent hardware revisions Adorma’s current stock of ORLIT Rovelight RT 610 TTL strobes are now compatible with Windows 10 and Mac systems for future firmware updates.

And Adorama have also set up a hardware update program, so that previous RT 610 owners can also have their strobes updated to provide the same capability, free of charge.

If you would like to have your existing strobe updated please fill out this form – https://www.adorama.com/g/orlit-rt610-update-program

Note – Hardware updates will take around 1 to 2 weeks from when Adorama receive the strobe.

The unique Canon RT compatible ORLIT RT 610 TTL strobes are also currently on sale for just $499 with transmitter, until June 30th 2017.

ORLIT RoveLight RT 610

Adorama – Website

ORLIT – Firmware Downloads

ORLIT – Hardware Update Program

1. Have they fixed the problems? I was one of the very first people to purchase a set, so very eager to integrate them in with my 7 Canon 600ex-rt speedlites. Long story short, after way too much tech support (which by the way was excellent) I returned my strobes and triggers for a full refund, not wanting to be a beta-tester. I’m very eager to try them again as soon as they work as advertised, that is, they are seen as and can be controlled as just another Canon 600ex-rt when shooting from a Canon body using a 600ex-rt speedlite or an ST-E3-RT as a trigger.

Any updates? Anyone actually gotten them to work seamlessly with Canon speedlites?

Hi Steven,

What problems are you referring to? I thought there was only some 5D IV compatibility issues. EDIT – That’s when using the TR-611C transmitter.

2. Steve 6 months ago

Not sure what problems you were having but i am using my Canon 5Dmk4 using the latest firmware with no issues. I don’t have the trigger that is now included in the bundle but i have used the canon ST-E3-RT and works flawlessly. I also picked up the Orlit version which i think is a rebranded Shanny ST-E3 and have seen no issues with either unit.
    Set up i am using is 2 Orlit strobes with 2 Canon 600EX-RT and they all fire correctly

Thanks Steve,

And sorry I meant to say compatibility issues with the 5D mk4 and TR-611C transmitter, in my comment above.

3. King 5 months ago

Any links to a manual for the updated v2?
    i have no clue what menu 4 “easycap” is or how it works
    or menu 5 “delay”

Hi King,

Sorry I’m not sure. The Jinbei download page appears to be down for the HD 610. Though I don’t know if they would have updated the manual yet anyway.

“Delay” sounds like it may be a pre-sync timing adjustment for HSS.

• Stephen 5 months ago

King – did you ever find out about the new functionality?

I just got my HD610 back from Adorama with V2 as well, and am curious about the options. The icon is a person and it has 6 different settings.

4. AL Ioimo 4 months ago

I purchased the Orit RT 610 TTL for Canon and have a few questions.
    The TTL is all over the place. It is very inconsistent. Why? I compared the TTL on my Canon Speedlight to the Orlit. The Orlit is not working properly. What should I do if it will not work. Reboot everything?

Hi Al loimo,

Which camera model are you using?, and which transmitter/master?

5. KMD 4 months ago

I have returned two of these because of problems with the Canon 5D4 and ST-E3-RT. Lots of lost connections with the ST-E3-RT, requiring time consuming multiple reboots of everything during photo sessions. The RT 610 will not fire in group mode and TTL. Sometimes the RT 610 will make a loud pop when it fires, horribly overexposing the photo, and it requires multiple reboots to get it operating again.

6. Vince Ready 4 months ago

I found documentation on the Easy Cap feature on pg. 15 of this PDF manual RT-601:

7. Prasad 3 months ago

I am having trouble triggering the orlit with YN e3 RT. The transmitter works fine with 600 ex RT. I can also make the 600 ex RT trigger the orlit. Any ideas?

Hi Prasad,

Yes the YN-E3-RT transmitter has not been compatible with the Orlit strobes unfortunately.

I think Flashpoint did want Jinbei to try and make them compatible, though it doesn’t sound like that has happened, and it may not be something they can do easily.

A few people have had issues with the Orlit and 5D Mark IV when using the genuine Canon ST-E3-RT, so even keeping the original Canon gear fully compatible can be enough of a challenge to start with.

8. Tony 1 month ago

Hi Guys , I just bought the OrlitRovelight 610 Battery Operated600 watt Strobe.
    Im having an issue accesing HSS and Freeze mode via wirelessly .
    Im using it in Manual Mode
    I have the latest version 3 on the strobe. But i have not seen any updates for the transceiver TR Q6 RT.
    I am able to get off only one shot and then it jumps to Normal mode.
    I believe I may know the issue because I plugged it in using the sync cable and it works fine.
    i been to Adorama’s website for all updates but i don’t see one for the transceiver TR Q6 RT,
    Can anyone help?
    I have emailed Adorama but it seems to be only one person Shua who can only answer emails and its been 2 days now since i wrote an email with my issue..I reply want to give both Adorama and Orlit the benefit of the doubt but my patience is running slim.. any suggestions?
    Adorama website says says i can find all updates on Orlit official website..really ?
    This is an Adorama brand and I can find no official Orlit website on the internet..
    Can someone please help me?

Flash Havoc 1 month ago

Hi Tony,

I’ll give this a try with my strobes in the morning and see if I can see the same issue.

There are no firmware updates yet for the TR-Q6 on the ORLIT download page, though it does look like Jinbei (the original manufacturer) have now added a firmware update on their download page.

It may not be a good idea to use the Jinbei firmware though, because I’m not sure if it is exactly the same as the ORLIT firmware, and I’m not sure if you would be able to revert back too easily.

The main difference if anything would be that the Jinbei firmware may not include the Canon RT radio mode.

Were you using the RT radio mode by the way? If so maybe using the RF mode may help. I’ll see what I can see as well.

Flash Havoc 1 month ago

Hi Tony,

I gave this a try and was having the same issue with all of my transmitters, TR-Q6C, TR-611C, and Canon ST-E3-RT.

Something had to be wrong though because I’m pretty sure I had the TR-611C working with Freeze Mode previously. And I found the trick was that I had to take the camera out of continuous capture mode.

There is still a couple of bugs with the TR-Q6C though, if you change power levels on the transmitter the flash will switch back to Normal mode. And if using the RT radio mode the flash will switch back to normal mode after each shot again.

So for the moment the only option when using the TR-Q6C transmitter appears to be to set the power level directly on the flash only, and use the Canon RF radio mode (not RT).

I’ll pass this on to Adorama.

Flash Havoc 1 month ago

Ok the Adorama brands team have gotten back to me and confirmed they can replicate the same issues mentioned above.

So they have now referred this to the manufacturer (Jinbei) for a resolution. They are also looking for clarification on the TR-Q6 firmware available.