UK based Panlight have developed a great new remote control pan and tilt device designed specifically for speedlights and small mirrorless cameras.
With a range of around 100 feet (or 30M) the Panlights are no doubt going to be very popular with wedding and event photographers who can not easily get around to adjusting flashes while an event is in progress.
With the Panlight adjustments can now be done effortlessly from the camera position, 360 degrees left and right, and almost 180 degrees up and down.
- Range up to 100 feet / 30 meters
- 4 Channels (control up to 4 lights from one remote)
- 360 degrees pan left and right, and almost 180 degrees tilt
- Takes 4 x AA batteries
- Works with all known speedlights and 3rd party triggers
- Can support mirrorless camera/lens combinations up to 2.2lbs
- Fits onto standardized 3/8″ tripods and light stands
- Small remote fits comfortably in your pocket, or attaches to your person
- No issue with 3rd party triggers attaching to the bottom or side of your flash
- Universal fit – works with all hot-shoe flashes
- Powerful motors to hold a flash & grids
- Accuracy – well controlled speed for precision control
- Multiple devices – control up to four Panlights from one remote
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Panlight are available now for pre-order on Kickstarter from around $150 USD.
And they will ship directly from both the UK and USA.
Panlight – Website
Panlight – Kickstarter
Soloshot are designed to allow a video camera to automatically pan to follow the subject! Though this could have great potential to allow lights to follow a subject as well, particularly for sports photography, or anywhere the subject is moving around.
And the latest Soloshot2 Head now have pan and tilt motion, and panning is even twice as fast at 80° per second!
Soloshot do not have a remote control for manual adjustments like the Panlights do though unfortunately.