The Nikon version of the Phottix Strato TTL triggers are now available and making their way to stores.
The Strato TTL are super simple TTL triggers, allowing you to get the flash off the camera hotshoe, and with the ease of TTL metering, HSS to 1/8000th, and Second Curtain Sync when needed.
There are certainly other TTL triggers available now with more features, but the Strato II offer the same excellent quality, range, and reliability of the highly regarded Odin TTL system, but at a much lower price, and with plug and play simplicity.
The Strato TTL are a simple, single group TTL trigger, no TTL ratios or remote manual power setting.
They allow fast easy FEC adjustment or + or – 3 stops from the transmitter’s built on back-lit LCD interface. High Speed Sync to 1/8000th, and Second Curtain Sync are also quickly selectable through the Strato TTL interface.
As well as quick selection of 4 channels. No digging through camera menus required for setting anything!
The Strato TTL feature a low profile on the camera, a USB socket for firmware updates, receiver 3.5mm sync port for connecting manual flash or studio lights. And also a camera shutter release function.
The Strato TTL are also compatible with the Phottix Strato, Strato II, and Atlas II manual triggers, for firing manual flashes and studio lights. They are not compatible with the higher end Odin TTL triggers though.
- TTL flash trigger with EV adjustments (+/- 3 stops in 1/3 stops)
- Quick-change buttons and Backlit LCD to adjust EV level, mode, and channel
- High Speed Sync mode – 1/8000s
- Second Curtain Sync mode
- Wired and wireless shutter release functions
- 4 channels
- 100 meter range
- USB upgradable
- Compatible with Phottix Strato, Strato II, & Atlas II flash triggers
- Transmitting power：≤10dBm
- Distance： 100m+
- Frequency: 2.4GHz
- Channel: 4 channels
- Input voltage：2.2V-3.2V
- Flash port voltage handling: Transmitter 6V; Receiver ≤300V
- Batteries: 2xAA alkaline batteries or rechargeable batteries (Transmitter and Receiver); 5V DC on Receiver (external power port)
- Max sync speed: 1/8000s
- Output: hot shoe, 3.5mm (Receiver)
- Input: USB port (transmitter and Receiver)
- Attachment: 1/4〞 tripod lug, cold shoe (Receiver)
- Weight: Transmitter 74g; Receiver 72g—-without batteries
- Body dimension: Transmitter L 92.5 * W 47.8 * H 45.5 mm; Receiver L 93.3 * W 46.7 * H 45.4 mm
- Antenna：Built-in PCB antenna
- Operating temperature: 0℃～ +50℃
- Operating humidity: 35﹪～95﹪RH
Like all Phottix triggers, the Strato TTL also come with all the quality cables required, including the various shutter release cables.
As mentioned, there are certainly other TTL triggers available now with more features. Though if a simple, quality, and hassle free TTL trigger is all you require, the Strato TTL should be a good option.
Price and Availability –
The Nikon & Canon version Strato TTL are available now for $145 in the Phottix store (transmitter & receiver set) .
A Sony version Strato TTL should eventually follow.