Along with stealthy new all black styling, the B1X provide 3 major upgrades, with increased LED modelling light power, increased battery capacity, and HSS available across the full power range.
- LED modelling light increased to 24W (130W Halogen equivalent).
- Battery capacity increased from 220 shots to 325 (no size or weight increase).
- HSS now available across the entire 9 stop power range.
Along with 2 new OCF reflector options designed to increase light output while still remaining compact and lightweight.
Like the original B1, the B1X are 500Ws cordless Lithium battery powered strobes, with built in Profoto 2.4GHz wireless radio, currently providing TTL and HSS capability for –
- & Olympus
PROFOTO B1X 500 AirTTL FEATURES
- Fan Cooled
- 24W LED Modelling Light (130W Halogen Equivalent)
- Modelling Light Control – Off, Proportional, Manual (5-100%)
- Profoto Accessory Mount
- Built in (removable) 14.8V / 3000mAh Lithium-ion Battery
- Up to 325 Full Power Flashes Per Battery Charge
- 0.1 – 1.9 Seconds Recycle Time
- Quick burst up to 20 flashes per second
- Flash Modes – TTL / M / Multi
- HSS to 1/8000th (full power range)
- Second Curtain Sync
- FEC / FEB
- FEL (Flash Exposure Lock)
- Hybrid TTL (Meter Quickly in TTL, Then Adjust in Manual Mode)
- Manual Flash – 1/256 – 1/1 Output (0.1 Stop Increments)
- Profoto 2.4GHz Radio System
- Canon, Nikon, Sony, & Olympus, Radio Slave Modes
- Range – 300m Manual, 100m TTL
- Groups – A / B / C
- 8 Channels
- Optic Slave Mode
- Flash Duration Normal Mode (t0.5) – 1/11,000s (2Ws) – 1/1,000s (500Ws)
- Flash Duration Freeze Mode (t0.5) – 1/19,000s (2Ws) – 1/1,000s (500Ws)
- Large LCD Display
- Custom Functions
- Auto Memory Function
- USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
- 3.5mm Sync Port
- Size – 14 x 31 x 21 cm (5.5” x 12.2” x 8.3”)
- Weight – 3 kg (6.6 lbs) including battery
Continuing the welcome trend towards usable modelling lights in portable strobes, Profoto have increased the B1X’s LED modelling light to 24W, now providing 130W Halogen equivalent.
Also now providing a 90+ CRI rating.
Without adding extra size or weight, Profoto have managed to increase the capacity of the B1X battery from approximately 220 to 325 full power flashes.
The MKII battery also being compatible with original B1 strobes.
A 2.8Ah charger fully charges the battery in 2.5 hours, and a 4.0Ah quick charger reduces that time to just 1.5 hours.
Profoto Air Remote transmitter units are now available for Canon, Nikon, Sony, and Olympus camera systems, providing both TTL and HSS capability.
With HSS now possible over the entire 9 stop power range of the BX1.
The Air Remotes provide a simple interface controlling 3 individual groups, with 8 channels available.
A Hybrid TTL feature also allows for fast metering in TTL, then switch to manual retaining the power levels for further refinement and consistency.
Along with the B1X, Profoto have released 2 new hard light OCF reflectors aimed at increasing the strobes output, while remaining compact and lightweight.
The OCF Zoom Reflector provides up to 1.2 stops more light over the B1X’s built in reflector,and provides a light spread from 55 – 85°.
And the OCF Magnum Reflector provides up to 1.8 stops more light with a light spread from 40 – 80°.
PROFOTO B1X 500 AirTTL SPECS
- Max energy: 500Ws
- Energy range: 9 f-stops (2-500Ws)
- Energy control increments: 1/10 or full f-stops
- Recycling time: 0.1-1.9 (Quick burst up to 20 flashes/second)
- Max modeling light (W): 24W LED (Output eqvivalent to 130W Halogen)
- Modeling light control: Off, Proportional, Free (5-100%)
- Mode control: Freeze (shortest flash duration) or Normal (color balance) mode
- Flash duration Normal mode (t0.5): 1/11,000s (2Ws) – 1/1,000s (500Ws)
- Flash duration Freeze mode (t0.5): 1/19,000s (2Ws) – 1/1,000s (500Ws)
- Energy stability Normal mode: +-1/20 f-stop flash to flash
- Energy stability Freeze mode: +-1/20 f-stop flash to flash
- Color stability Normal mode: +-150K over range; +-20K flash to flash
- Color stability Freeze mode: +-800K over range; +-50K flash to flash
- Energy control increments: 1/10 or full f-stops
- Guide number @ 2m / 100 ISO with Magnum Reflector: 45 2/10
- Input power supply: Exchangeble Lithium-Ion Battery 14.8V/3Ah
- Battery capacity: Up to 325 full power flashes
Synchronization and Control
- Sync socket(s): 1
- Wire sync voltage: Compliant to ISO 10330 standard
- Wire sync connector: 3.5mm Mini-Phono
- Photocell/IR-slave and switch: Yes
- Radio sync & control: Yes, Built in AirTTL supporting wireless sync, control and TTL. (Requires Air Remote TTL. Sold separately.)
- Radio sync range: Up to 300m (1000ft)
- MAC / PC control: Yes, via optional Profoto Air USB transceiver and Profoto Studio software.
- Function display: Multifunction LCD display
- Fan cooling: Yes, thermally controlled fan speed for low noice level.
- Ready signaling: Yes, ready lamp, dim and/or switchable beep sound.
- Auto dumping: Yes
- USB interface: Yes, USB Mini port for FW upgrading
- Quick burst: Quick burst capability of up to 20 flashes per second.
- Diameter: 14cm (5.5″)
- Length: 31cm (12.2″)
- Height: 21cm (8.3″)
- Weight: 3kg (Including batteries) 6.6 LBS
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Profoto B1X 500 AirTTL are available now from $2095 –
Air Remote Canon – Amazon, UK, Adorama, B&H Photo
Air Remote Nikon – Amazon, UK, Adorama, B&H Photo
Air Remote Sony – Amazon, UK, Adorama, B&H Photo
Air Remote Olympus – Amazon, UK, Adorama, B&H Photo
Profoto – Website