Shanny have released the SN910EX-RF Speedlite for Nikon with full TTL enabled 2.4GHz radio transceivers built inside, providing both Radio Master and Slave Modes.
And the SN910EX-RF are available now from $230 each with shipping.
Shanny’s RF radio system for Nikon follows the original Nikon CLS (Creative Lighting System) Optic Wireless functions quite closely, only communicating via a more reliable radio transmission instead of optic signals.
And Shanny are calling this new RF system W-CLS, or Wireless Creative Lighting System.
The SN910EX-RF are currently one of the few TTL radio enabled flash options available for the Nikon DSLR system. Even Nikon themselves being very slow to introduce their own radio flash system.
With a Master interface similar to the original Nikon system, the SN910EX-RF provide an on-camera Master Group, as well as 3 remote Slave Groupes, A, B, and C.
Each group can be set independently to TTL, Manual, or Off. So importantly TTL and Manual Groups can be mixed and used together.
Remote Auto or Manual Flash Zoom length can also be set individually for each group as well.
As an on-camera TTL flash the SN910EX-RF provide most of the features you would expect in an fully featured TTL speedlite.
Though they do not provide any Advanced Optic Wireless Modes, with Shanny choosing to provide wireless communicate via radio only.
Basic S1 and S2 optic slave modes are provided though.
- Full Power – GN 60m (ISO 100 / 200mm)
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Flash Mode – ITTL /M / Multi
- 1st Curtain Sync / 2nd Curtain Sync
- FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 stops)
- Manual Flash – 1/128 – 1/1 output control (1/3rd increments)
- 20-200mm Auto and Manual Flash Zoom
- Master and Slave Modes for Shanny’s 2.4GHz RF Radio System
- Radio Range 50 Meters +
- S1 & S2 Basic Optic Slave Modes
- Full power recycle – from 1.8 seconds
- Supports Multiple Flash Groups M, A, B, C
- Radio Channels 1 – 15.
- Custom Functions
- Sound Prompt
- Heat Protection
- LCD Back Light (Can be Kept On)
- Crop Sensor Auto Zoom Option
- AF Assist Light
- Full 360 Degree Swivel and Tilt Head (With Tilt Lock Button)
- Large Clear Dot Matrix LCD Screen
- Nikon Like Master Interface
- Fast Clamping Metal Foot with Locking Pin
- External Battery Port (Canon Style Socket)
- USB Port for Firmware Updates (Inside Battery Compartment)
- PC Sync Port
- 2.5mm Communication Port (Function Unspecified).
The SN910EX-RF are the first flash available in Shanny’s RF system for Nikon. A slightly more economical Radio Slave only version is likely to follow later in the year.
A compact transmitter unit is currently scheduled for around the end of 2015 or early 2016, and possibly separate radio receiver units as well.
The SN910EX-RF are likely to provide a very convenient on and off camera flash system.
Though be aware that without any radio receiver options currently available, there is no way to combine and control original Nikon flashes with the system, via radio or Advanced Optic Wireless systems.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Shanny SN910EX-RF are available now from $230 with shipping –
Shanny – Flash Models Detailed