The 400 PRO being the much anticipated compact new brother to the impressive XPLOR 600 PRO TTL battery powered studio and location strobes.
Once again the 400 PRO provide auto sensing, Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji, and M4/3, compatible 2.4GHz radio receiver modes built inside, fully compatible with the complete Godox / Flashpoint R2 system of radio enabled strobes.
The 400Ws IGBT strobe also featuring impressive 0.9 second full power recycle times, and up to 390 full power shots from the compact new 21.6V, 2600mAh lithium-ion battery.
As well as a 30 watt LED modelling light, and stable color temperature mode.
From initial appearance the XPLOR 400 PRO may look quite similar to the 600 PRO, though the 400 have actually been completely redesigned with the intention of creating a smaller and lighter package, shaving over a kilogram (2lbs) off the 600’s weight (approx 2.2Kg vs 3.2Kg).
Reducing size and weight while retaining solid light output was always going to be a challenge. And to help with this the 400 PRO now feature the compact Godox modifier mount built-in, with an all important S-type adapter also supplied.
The Godox mount allowing dedicated lightweight modifiers to be attached directly to the strobe, therefore saving weight in both the mount and modifiers.
The strobes swivel mount and rear handle can even be removed to further reduce size and weight if needed.
So the versatile 400 PRO can now provide a lighter, more compact, package while in the field, something many wedding, event, and portrait photographers on the go have been waiting for.
While still featuring a full S-type mount, and 30 watt LED modelling light, for indoor and studio use.
That’s not the extent of the 400 PRO’s new tricks though, also available will be optional Profoto and Broncolor modifier mount adaptors.
As well as compact accessories like grids and snoot etc, which attach directly to the strobes supplied compact reflector.
A new port located in the face of the strobe indicates a remote extension head will be available as well.
XPLOR 400 PRO FEATURES
- GN 72M (ISO 100, Included Reflector)
- Fan Cooled
- 30W LED Modelling Light (4800K / TLIC: 93) (M / Prop)
- Godox Modifier Mount
- Bowens S-type Mount Adatper
- Optional Remote Head
- Optional AC Power Adapter
- Built-in (removable) 21.6V / 2600mAh Lithium-ion Battery
- Up to 390 Full Power Pops Per Battery Charge
- 0.01 – 0.9 Seconds Recycle Time
- Flash Modes – TTL / M / Multi
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Second Curtain Sync
- FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 Stops)
- FEL (Flash Exposure Lock)
- Manual Flash – 9 Stops: 1/256 – 1/1 Output (1/3rd Increments)
- Godox 2.4GHz X Radio System
- Canon, Nikon. Sony, Fuji, M4/3, Radio Slave Modes (Auto Sensing)
- Range – 100m +
- Groups – A / B / C / D / E
- 32 Channels
- 99 Wireless IDs
- S1 & S2 Optic Slave Modes
- Flash Duration – 1/220s－1/12820s (T0.1)
- Color Temp – 5600 ± 200k
- Color Temp – Stable Color Mode ±75k
- Large Dot Matrix LCD Display
- Custom Functions
- Auto Memory Function
- Type C USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
- 3.5mm Sync Port
- Size – 220 x 102 x 128mm With Battery (No Flashtube Or Reflector)
- Weight – 2.1 Kg with Battery (No Flashtube Or Reflector)
To help reduce size and weight even further the 400 PRO’s swivel mount and rear handle can even be removed.
This will mean less weight and bulk when using a remote head for example.
Optional grid, gel, and snoot accessories will also be available to attach directly to the 400 PRO’s supplied compact reflector.
The snoot can be stacked over the grid (and gels).
And optional modifier mount adaptors will be available for Profoto, Broncolor, and Elinchrom systems.
A regular 7″ reflector mounted provides some perspective to the compact size of the fully self contained XPLOR 400 PRO –
XPLOR 400 PRO SPECS
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The XPLOR 400 PRO TTL strobes are available for pre-order now from Adorama for $649.
Shipping from the beginning of September.
Flashpoint – Website
Godox – Website