YongNuo have released the latest MK III version of the popular YN-560 manual flash unit, this time with a major update of RF-602 and RF-603 compatible 2.4GHz Radio Receivers built in!
The ageing RF-602 and 603, with relatively low sync speeds and lack of refinements, are not our ideal manual radio trigger choice, but the YongNuo Lead Radio Trigger Engineer has previously stated publicly there will be a new radio trigger compatible with both the RF-602 and RF-603. The new YN-560 MK III flash compatible with both 602 and 603 makes that trigger sound a lot more probable.
The YN-560 III specs have no mention of Remote Manual Power setting capability, though this development of built in radio receiver paves the way for some already strong speculation Remote Manual that will also be coming soon in one form or another. Could this function even already be built in to the YN-560 III, only to be enabled with future transmitter units?! [ UPDATE – YongNuo have not confirmed or denied this possiblilty ]
Note the graphic dip switch Channel indicator icon at the bottom left of the LCD screen, this helps you set the corresponding dip switches on the RF-602/3 transmitter units. Later triggers will hopefully no longer have fiddly dip switches like this, so the Channel number is displayed on the flash LCD as well.
Also note there is a Group Selection option (by pushing the 2 centre buttons together), this does very much look to be a feature that will be enabled with a future transmitter supporting a group selection function. [ UPDATE – Group Function with coming Radio Triggers Confirmed! ] This increases the possibility of Remote Manual Power Setting as well.
Yongnuo the 2.4GHz wireless flash YN-560 III
- – Using RF-602 / RF-603 2.4GHz built-in radio receivers. Range 100 meters and above.
- – Full support for RF-603, RF-602 wireless transmitter. Supports 16 channels.
- – Large LCD screen, clear and easy to use.
- – Power zoom function 24 ~ 105mm.
- – GN58 @ ISO100, 105mm. Supports M / Multi mode.
- – Sync methods – triggered on camaera, 2.4GHz radio trigger, or optic slave with S1 and S2 pre-flash avoid.
- – HV power outlet for external battery packs.
- – PC sync port.
- – Sound Prompts system (beeps) (Note: the sound can be turned off).
- – Recycle 4 to 5 seconds at full power, faster with external battery packs
- – Custom Functions.
- – Settings saved automatically.
- – Strong Metal Foot.
Price and Availability –
The YN-560 III should be available soon on the YongNuo Ebay store, expected around $86.