YONGNUO RF-603 II – Now Available

YongNuo have released the long awaited updated RF-603 II manual flash triggers, and they are now available.

The RF-603 II are the follow up to the original and very popular inexpensive RF-603 flash triggers. And the MK II finally rectify many of the basic shortcomings of the original RF603 and RF-602 triggers.

The original RF-602 (released back in mid 2009) were the first really good reliable inexpensive manual flash triggers. But the RF-602 always had their shortcomings though too, and the later RF-603, while rectifying a few issues and adding some features, also added more obvious shortcomings as well.

The RF-603 II now look to finally rectify most of those issues, providing what should be a very capable and convenient trigger now for the low price point.

If you’re after a transmitter unit for the popular YN-560 III manual flash (which has an RF-603 receiver built in), the RF-603 II will definitely be the best option for now, at least until the dedicated YN-560 transmitter does eventually arrive.

RF-603 II

Improved Features –

• Higher Sync Speeds, up to 1/320th  (RF-602 were slow, RF-603 were very slow)
  • Locking Rings on trigger foot  (RF-603 and flash on top would fall off the camera)
  • Pass Through Hotshoe now usable  (see point above) though still manual only no TTL
  • Power Switch Finally Moved to the Side  (was blocked by the flash on 602 & 603)
  • Compatible with non Canon/Nikon and single firing pin cameras  (RF-603 was not)
  • Test Fire Button works off the camera hotshoe (for taking light meter readings)  (RF-603 did not)
  • 300v Safe Trigger Voltage (for hotshoe and PC sync port)  (602/603 where low 12 volt safe limit)

Not Improved –

• PC sync port instead of a reliable 3.5mm mini-phone jack  (why oh why… still after all this time?)

Sync Speed –

Low sync speed was always one of the main shortcomings of the RF-602, and even worse with the RF-603. Now that this is improved with the RF-603 II, it simply means you should be able to get a clean frame without any shutter (or black band) showing in the frame at your cameras maximum sync speed (1/250th etc). Though the Canon 5D series sometimes have to drop to 1/160th even with an instant sync cord.

YongNuo are stating this as 1/320th maximum. But that figure relates to cameras with regular X-sync speed. Using a camera with an electronic shutter the RF-602 would achieve up to around 1/800th, and RF-602 1/600th. Many faster triggers would do 1/1200th plus, and that’s likely closer to where the RF-603 II would be now as well.

Locking Rings

The original RF-603 has no locking rings on the foot. This was a major oversight now that a flash could be mounted on top of the transmitter on the camera. They would both simply fall off the camera hotshoe! The RF-603 II now has locking ring and locking pin.

The RF-603 II is still manual pass through hotshoe only though (the extra contacts seen on the hotshoe are only for the flash wake up feature).

This is being picky, but we know the cut outs around locking rings makes them very hard on your fingers, and other triggers have already gone this way, and started going back again to full rings where possible. Just one cut out does the trick to access the screws underneath when needed. Batteries are standard AAA.

RF-603 II Base

Power and TX / TRX Switch –

Firstly the power switch has finally been moved to the side of the case, so that you don’t have to remove the flash from the trigger to switch it on and off like the RF-602 and 603 require. This alone would enough reason for many people to want to update.

More significant functionally though is the new TX – TRX option switch. The RF-603 are transceivers, meaning they are the same unit for transmitter and receiver, and can switch automatically between transmitting and receiving mode. This ability caused a number of extra issues in the original RF-603 though, like not being able to fire on non Canon/Nikon cameras, or fire the test fire button off the camera hotshoe.

So to help resolve these issues YongNuo have added a switch to the new FR-603 II allowing you to set them as either TX or TRX. TX being set to transmitter mode only, and TRX as self switching. TX mode is used when the transmitter is held in hand for taking light meter readings with the test fire button, or when used as transmitter only on the camera. If using combined flash and shutter release TRX mode would be used. Receivers would always need to be set to TRX.

RF-603 II Side

Shutter Release –

One of the big advantages of the RF-603 (due to transceiver design) has always been the combined camera shutter release ability. You can fire the camera with an RF-603 used as a wireless remote shutter release, as well as fire remote flashes at the same time, with just the one radio trigger attached to the camera. Where as most non transceivers require 2 separate triggers  attached to the camera to do this. So the RF-603 offer a neater solution connected to the camera, and one trigger unit less cost.

This is where the TRX mode would also be used with the RF-603 II attached to the camera (via both the hotshoe, and a cord to a the cameras shutter release).

This also means you have backup transmitter, receiver, and shutter release units, as they are all the same unit and interchangeable.

Compatible with Non Canon / Nikon and Single Firing Pin Cameras –

With the rise of alternate brand mirrorless cameras its becoming increasingly important for radio triggers to be as universal, and compatible, as possible with non Canon/Nikon and single firing pin cameras.

The original RF-603 would not fire at all unless attached to a Canon or Nikon camera with full TTL contacts on the hotshoe. The RF-603 II will now work on most cameras provided they have a standard (non Sony) style hotshoe.

The flash wake up feature will not work on non Canon/Nikon cameras though.

Specifications –

• Type: FSK 2.4GHz wireless remote control system
  • Transmission distance: 100cm
  • Channels: 16 channels
  • Shutter release: half-press, full-press
  • Shutter interface: 2.5mm socket
  • Studio flash light interface: standard PC socket
  • Max Sync Speed: 1/320 second
  • Battery: AAA x 2(3V)

Versions –

The RF603 II come in separate Canon RF-603C II , and Nikon RF-603N II versions.

Canon and Nikon versions are required for the flash wake up feature though. Apart from that the Canon and Nikon versions can work together.

The Canon RF-603 II are available with LS-2.5, C1 or C3 shutter release cords, and Nikon N1 or N3 cords.

The RF-603 II are also backward compatible with the original RF-603 (but not the RF-602).

MORE VERSION DETAILS - Click to Expand

C1 version:

— Canon 70D / 60D / 700D / 650D / 600D / 550D / 500D / 450D / 400D / 350D / 300D / 1200D/ 1100D / 1000D /
— Pentax K20D / K200D / K10D / K100D,
— Samsung GX-20 / GX-10

C3 Version:

— Canon 1D / 1DS / 5D / 6D/ 7D / 50D / 40D / 30D / 20D / 10D

N1 Version:

— D810 / D800 / D700 / D300 / D2X / D2H / D200 / D1H / D1X / D3X / D3
— N90s / F5 / F6 / F100
— Fuji Film: S5 Pro / S3 Pro
— Kodak: DSC-14N

N3 Version:

— Nikon D90 / D600 / D7100 / D7000 / D5100 / D5000 / D3100 / D3000

Compared To –

The RF-603 II are looking like a very decent (and long overdue) update this time, and a great upgrade for the many RF-603 owners looking to expand their existing system.

Although there is probably nothing especially groundbreaking about the RF-603 II at this stage, apart from the old PC sync port, and lack of TTL pass through hotshoe, the RF-603 II likely do offer the most features and function now at this base price point.

Radio triggers are fast being built into lights now though, and with their own small ecosystem of compatible lights and triggers. Currently the YN-560 III manual flash is the main option with an RF-603 compatible receiver built in. There will be a dedicated YN-560 transmitter coming at some stage though, the RF-603 can then still be used as additional receivers to fire other flashes as well.

If you’re mainly just after a transmitter for the YN-560 III though, the RF-603 II will definitely be the best option for now, until the dedicated transmitter does eventually arrive.

The RF-603 system is not directly compatible with YongNuo’s other popular YN-622, or now Canon compatible RT systems. So you can see how this can make choosing a simple radio trigger as much about considering a complete system now.

Price and Availability –

The RF-603 II are available now from around $36 a pair –

Amazon, UKEbayYongNuo Ebay Store

YongNuo – Website

1. Jonathan 4 years ago

Is this not available for the 5D Mark III yet?

Hi Jonathan,

The compatibility list is just for the shutter release cord which suits each camera model. I’m not sure why they haven’t listed the 5D III.

It may simply be that they have copied the list from the ST-E3-RT, which does not require a cord to release the shutter for 2012 cameras onward. (There is no mention of that for the RF-603 II though).

The RF-603 II should fire with all cameras with a standard hotshoe now, even non Canon/Nikon cameras. So the worst case scenario is you loose the flash wake up function. But I doubt that is the case with the 5D III or 6D etc.

• Matt Masha 4 years ago

These are really nice. I got my pair 2 weeks ago and they are working just fine and I do not have to remove the flash before switching it off like the previous ones. Highly recommended.

2. Mike 4 years ago

Flash Havoc,. I realize this is not necessarily the best place to ask, but it is not entirely off topic and since you appear to have a bit of communication with Yongnuo, I may as well give it a try. I have purchased the 603 triggers in the past with the c3 shutter release cable. The cable fit my 40d and 5d so tightly, I couldn’t pull it out after pushing it it. I was seriously worried about the prospect of ripping out the shutter release port out of the camera. The only reason I tried it on both cameras was because at first I thought there was something wrong with the shutter release port on the 5d. So after pluging it into the 40d and determining that it was not something wrong with the camera shutter release port on my 5d, I ended up ordering another shutter release cable from Yongnuo. Well guess what. This one fit just as tightly and after a horrific thirty second struggle pulling the damn thing out, I promised myself never again to plug the thing in again. I put cables in a plastic bag and marked the bag Yongnuo. Instead, I started using my Cactus and/or Honl shutter releases cables. The metal bands widths and spacings on the 2.5mm pins of these cables are slightly off from the ones on Yongnuo so, while they seem to work, I would prefer to use the Yongnuo ones if only they would fit comfortably in and easily pull out. I love my Yongnuo flashes and can tolerate the quirks on the Yongnuo triggers, but a thing like that can really be a bit of a put off. I just jumped on their ebay page to buy the new 603 mkii and then remembered this tight issue. I immediately thought of Flash Havoc. Here is someone I am sure would be able to send this little message to Yongnuo. If you could please tell the Yongnuo people that I would really like them to try to plug some of their c3 shutter release cables into some 40d or 5d kicking around their office before they send me another useless one, I would really appreciate that.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve not actually heard of this issue before. But then I have always avoided the RF-603 and have not had much to do with the cords. So I’m not sure if I even have a YongNuo one here to try. I don’t know how long ago you purchased that last cord, it could be possible they have updated them since then anyway?

But I would suggest you contact service@hkyongnuo.com directly yourself as well as its numbers that really help to get changes made.

I have a 40D here though and will check this out as well when I get some new RF-603 II. Thanks.

• Mike 4 years ago

That would be great. I am really itching to get them but I think I will wait it out then for your feedback on the C3 cable.

While you are at it, I am sure a lot of visitors to your website would appreciate seeing a couple of full and or crop frames at 1/400, 1/320, 1/250 and 1/200 sync. 😉

Then again, I might not let the tight little issue stop me from throwing thirty five bucks at Yongnuo just to satisfy my curiosity.

• Mike 4 years ago

Flash Havoc, have you had a chance to try this out yet? I am curious how the shutter release cable fits your 40d and especially how easy it is to pull it out.

Don’t forget to give us a little feedback from your hands-on experience with the rf-603ii while you are at it 😉

Hi Mike,

Sorry no I’ve still got a number of reviews to work through at the moment, so it may be a little while before I get to the RF-603 II.

I do want to test them properly to compare sync speeds etc though. Thanks.

• Mike 4 years ago

No worries about the full review; however, I just mostly cannot wait to find out whether your C3 cord fits easily into your 40d shutter release port and pulls out without struggle.

• Mike 4 years ago

I am still really looking forward to your feedback on just the C3 cable if you would not mind.

Hi Mike,

Sorry I still haven’t ordered the RF-603 II as yet. I still have so much here to get through already it will likely be a couple of weeks until I order them.

If I had them here I would have checked this for you straight away.

• Mike 4 years ago

I think Kathy below may have already answered my question about the shutter release cable.

• JL 4 years ago

Yongnuo: please, could you think fastly at the Pentax user’s..TTL

3. Mike 4 years ago

This is all really swell and I do appreciate the TX position on the switch. Thank you Yongnuo for listening. Now I only wish you had gone that one logical step farther and given me the RX position on the switch as well. Okay so I have not had the MKII in my hands and may well be crying wolf. However, do I really need AUTO position so the trigger can make a decision for me? Don’t I strike you as a manual kind of guy/gal? Am I not qualified to decide whether I want to transmit, to receive or to turn off.

Tell me if I am wrong because I would really like to know, but I’m pretty sure that when I don’t want to put the trigger in TX position, that I do in fact want it in RX position. I am certain that I do not want the trigger to have to interpret my desire to receive signal as an unconscious desire to transmit.

Yongnuo, if you would like to give me a fourth switch position where the trigger works as both receiver and trasmitter/repeater, you have got yourself an idea. And then if you want to keep a fifth position for the auto crowd – a special Yongnuo TX/RX auto switch logic, fine.

Otherwise, I serious hope you have improved the decision logic of the trigger work well enough in practice to make my entry look like that of a fool.

Hi Mike,

I generally like manual control myself, auto channel switching is even starting to creep into flash triggers, and from what I’ve seen that already causes unnecessarily problems when they decide to switch channels without telling the other triggers.

But YongNuo is a rather different animal now that they have a pretty switched on engineer (at least on the technical side of things). I think they are just trying to keep it simple and resolving the well known issues, which the extra TX switch option does. The TRX option is a transmitter and receiver at times (when using the shutter release as well as flash triggering). Though not a repeater mode option.

For basic inexpensive triggers they are really pretty impressive now. PocketWizard PlusX do not even have a 2 stage shutter release button for example (and at 5 times the price).

4. Mike 4 years ago

Flash, you would not happen to have a photo of the PC sync port side of the 603.2.

Hi Mike,

Sorry no, I don’t have the RF-603 II here yet. I think it will look much the same as the current RF-603 though. Thanks.

5. Nate 4 years ago

Flash Havoc, I’m relatively new to serious photography, I shoot a Sony A77 with a Sony F43AM flash but I’m interested in expanding off the camera. I recently purchased 2 Yongnuo YN-560iii flashes. What do you recommend as a good trigger/system to work with the Sony A77 and the Yongnuo YN-560iii?

Hi Nate,

The RF-603 II would be the way to go. You only need one as a transmitter unit, as the YN-560 III have the RF-603 receiver built in.

You should be able to connect the RF-603 II to the cameras PC sync port using a PC sync cord. Or a hotshoe converter like one of these will likely work as well. You might have to check the sony forums to see which adapter they like best, but a basic one should do the job. Thanks.

6. Nate 4 years ago

Flash Havoc, thanks for the advice. Looking to pick up a Yongnuo RF-603 II, because I shoot a Sony A77 and will need an adapter does it matter which version of the RF 603 II I get? Canon C1 vs C3, or Nikon N1 vs N3 versions?

Thanks again!

Ok the C1 vs C3 are just different shutter release cords compatible with different camera models.

Otherwise the Canon trigger models are the same. And the Nikon trigger models are the same (but not the same as the Canon triggers)

The chart below is from Commlite, not YongNuo, but most companies refer to the cords the same way –

So the Canon 1C cord is just a 3.5mm stereo mini phone plug, and probably the most universal. Since it won’t fit your shutter release, you could possibly make use of it as a regular sync cord with something else at some stage. The others are dedicated shutter release cords only.

Otherwise, I would just choose the triggers you would mostly likely use with another camera. Friends or family may have a Canon or Nikon camera etc. Its not really going to matter which you choose just for use with the A77. Thanks.

7. Kevin 4 years ago

Hi Flash Havoc, great site! Will these work on the Sony A7, which has the multi-interface shoe?

Hi Kevin,

Yes they should work with most cameras having the regular hotshoe. No wake up feature for then flash though.

If you do try them with the Sony A7 please let us know, just to confirm. Thanks.

8. James 4 years ago

Is there a low battery / power low indicator – a flashing LED or some such sign to let you know it’s time to switch the battery?

Hi James,

There is no mention of a low battery indicator in the RF-603 II manual.

The YN-622 flash LED’s as you say when batteries are low, so it could still be possible with the RF-603 II.

That brings up and interesting point though, standby time is 400 hours in TX mode, and just 45 hours in TRX mode. So it would be best to keep the transmitter in TX mode whenever possible, unless you are actually using the shutter release etc as well.

9. LH 4 years ago

When you get to test it, please see if the NEW RF-603 II can trigger the shutter of a second camera with another camera? [ like in this video: http://youtu.be/AYiPXnWfuzo ]

When I bought my 4 RF-603 I was hoping they do that but they didn’t… 🙁

Hi LH,

There is actually no mention of being able to do that in the manual. I’m really not sure why, or if it should work at all with the RF-603 or 603 II.

This is something the Pixel triggers like Pixel Opas often mention being able to do. They are not all that expensive now either, so may be worth looking into. I’ll see if can try it with the RF-603 II though once I can get to them. Thanks.

10. Vardhan 4 years ago

Thanks for the wonderful review.
    If it can work with a single pin flash , will it remotely fire YN560EX flash in Manual mode ?

Hi Vardhan,

Thanks, yes the RF-603 II should be fine with the YN-560EX in manual mode.

There is just no wake up feature though, but that shouldn’t really be a problem as you should be able to turn the sleep mode of on the YN-560EX. Thanks.

11. Jochen H. Schmidt 4 years ago

I just wanted to note that the RF603II work fine on the Sony Alpha 7 – Directly in the mi-shoe. Together with a YN-560III I can down to 1/200s as sync speed. 1/250 did not sync.

Fantastic, thanks for the feedback Jochen!

• Kevin 4 years ago

I’ve had the same result with the RF603II on the A7, 1/200 works fine, but 1/250 is a step too far.

Still an improvement on the RF602 which works down to 1/160.

• Gianluca 4 years ago

Is the same with A7R and A99 ?

12. Michele Caminati 4 years ago

Hi, do they have the same 3-pin plug for pc sync cable as the old rf 602/603?

I was wondering… since the King Pro for canon don’t fire the flash when attached to the Sony A7, but they can manually control it if I keep the transmitter in my pocket, will I be able to fire the flash with rf 603 on Sony A7, if I connect a Canon 580EXII to the King X receiver by hotshoe (to control power-zoom etc..) and to a rf-603 by pc sync cable, so I can set it up with King Pro and fire it with rf-603 from the A7?? That would be brilliant!

Hi Michele,

I think that should work.

But no its not the 3-pin plug like the old RF-602, its just a standard PC sync port now. So you would need a standard male to male PC sync cable. Thanks

13. Michele Caminati 4 years ago

Great, even easier to find… Can’t wait to try this out as soon as the new rf603 II is in stock here in Europe, Thanks

14. Rene Weiss 4 years ago

I have no problems triggering a Canon Speedlite or a Jinbei Freelander with my RF-603C on a Fujifilm X100s, but maybe Fujifilms flash socket is similar to canons.

15. Caren 4 years ago

Hello –

I am trying to decide about purchasing the Yongnuo 603ii. I want a remote shutter release and trigger for Canon 7d, Yongnuo 560iii, and Canon Speedlite 580exii.
    Will this work for Speedlite?
    Will this work wireless for shutter release, or must I also be attached to cable on camera?
    Is this radio, or does it need to be line of sight?
    Thank you answering specifically. I am trying to make sense of all the information whirling around in my brain!

Hi Caren,

Yes that will work to fire the flashes and act as a shutter release. Its all wireless radio, no line of sight needed.

You only need a short cord from the RF-603 II on the camera hotshoe to the shutter release port on the camera. The 7D uses the C3 shutter release cord, so when you purchase the RF-603 II, look for the C3 version.

You need at least three RF-603 II units to fire one flash and a shutter release as well. For both speedlites you would need four (sorry 3 with the YN-560 III flash) F-603 II units (they often come in pairs). Thanks.

• Caren 4 years ago

oh wow – no idea would need so many. dang. that’s 4 x $36… – oh, if they come in pairs, we’re talking 2 pairs – so not AS bad… – but why 3 to fire one flash??

Opps, sorry… you don’t need any receiver for the YN-560 III !!

My mistake. Only for the non YN-560 III flashes.

Three RF-603 units to fire the flash, and using one as the wireless shutter release button in your hand.

• Caren 4 years ago

ok – so still need 2 pairs of 603ii if i want to fire both flashes with radio transmitter system? now i’m confused. i need one pair for YN, and one pair for Speedlite? if they come in pair, is it not transmitter and receiver together? how should i order?
            thank you! so glad you’re online now!

You will need –

One RF-603 II on the camera hotshoe
            One RF-603 II on the 580EX II foot
            One RF-603 II held in hand as the wireless shutter release.

You can buy singles as well from many sellers. But its a good idea to have a spare back up anyway.

16. Caren 4 years ago

Any word on the 560iii Transmitter?

Yes, sometime this year 🙂

I don’t think we will know until its pretty well released.

17. Caren 4 years ago

ah – thanks again! 3 total for firing flash.
    now – if i want to wait on the 560III transmitter – would one 603 II work as wireless shutter release with no other transmitters?

No you would need one RF-603 II in your hand as the wireless shutter button. And a second RF-603 II attached to the camera shutter release port (via the short C3 shutter release cord).

18. Kathy 4 years ago

Packing up a pair of RF-603II triggers to return (bad shutter cable), but wanted to report, I don’t think the PC sync port works as an input in Tx mode, as you wrote, for PC cable use from a camera or light meter. Please double-check this (maybe we need a 2.5mm->PC cable for the shutter release port?). The manual says the PC port is output only, and I was not able to use it with a PC optical slave and a P&S pop-up flash to trip remote lights, as I can with my old RF-602s (my 602s are old enough that the TX still has the PC input port).

Works fine, btw, on my micro four-thirds camera to trip remote flash (Panasonic G3).

Thanks Kathy!

Will need to look into this and get back to you.

• Mike 4 years ago

Hey Kathy. Sorry to hear about the no input on TX. I was really looking forward to that. I wanted to fire my 560iii via a 603ii plugged into 622 pc out.

Know that I am jealous of your old RF-602s with the PC input. I still think its fishy that they took the input out. They said people had issues with the PC input units, but I am skeptical. I don’t hear anyone complain. To the contrary, everyone would like to get their hands on one, and people are modding them to include the input.

By the way, was your bad shutter release cable a C3? I have gotten my original 603 with unacceptably tight C3 release cable plug, but I didn’t feel like returning the triggers. Instead, I ordered another C3 cable from Yongnuo, only to get yet again another unacceptably tight-fitting C3. It seems like nobody at Yongnuo has tried using their cables on any XD or XXD Canons. I ended up ordering another company’s cable elsewhere on ebay instead and that has worked for me. Also my intervalometer cable from yet another company works although the pins on the 2.5mm end vary slightly from what they are on the 603 cable.

• Kathy 4 years ago

Yes. It was a C3 cable. Not sure if it was the cable or the unit, though, but since both units in the pair weren’t working, I suspect you’re right that it was the cable. Can’t say that I recall it being too tight, though.

I tried modding a 600-TX with a 3.5mm minijack, once, but it was a dismal failure (while being a perfect fit, sigh).

19. Chris 4 years ago

” 300v Safe Trigger Voltage (for hotshoe and PC sync port) (602/603 where low 12 volt safe limit) ”

Does this mean that I can put an old manual flash on the 603 without frying it?

Hi Chris,

Yes provided the flash is still under 300V.

You may be able to check on the guide here if that helps –

• Chris 4 years ago

I ‘ll check the guide you provided. The flash I want to use is an old one, maybe it is not in the list, I ‘ll check the voltage with a voltmeter too. I ‘m waiting the rf 603 to come and as I already have the 560 III I think I ‘ll be able to use the old flash.
        P.S. Congratulations for the information on this site. It was very helpful for me as I wanted a low budget flash system. After reading here, I bought the 560 III and I enjoy it!

20. Gregor 4 years ago

Hi
    today I tested my rf603 II to use PC out from camera (nikon d700) and in to PC rf603 II in TX mode but its not work :/ flash (YN 560 III) not fire. That same is when I plug RF603 II or 603 I, to hotshoe flash and try shoot with connected second rf603 II via PC cable to PC on camera. Please tell me what i do wrong?

Hi Gregor,

I haven’t had a chance to test the RF-603 II yet. But you are the second person to say the PC input from the camera does not work. So its looking likely that this PC input is not actually a feature of the RF-603 II.

I’m sure YN made a point of this being a feature, but their listing with description is not up at the moment to check. I’ve removed this feature in the post until I can get to the bottom of this.

21. Glauco 4 years ago

I just received a set of two Yongnuo RF-603 II wireless flash triggers. I thought it could be useful to scan the User Manual and share the pdf file with you guys, here’s the link to it: https://mega.co.nz/#!zdZiCIjb!dA3rZB7a-TsJHIXMLvw4K9Gvx-q9ZoOnQIUeLH0-nvo
    If I’m violating any rules, I humbly apologize.
    Glauco

22. oliver 4 years ago

Hi you say the rf-603ii has faster sync speed and other additional benefits. Will these benefits work with the yn-560iii as its a rf-603(not mark ii) receiver? Would it be better to buy the yn-560ii and use the mark ii as a trigger and receiver ? Or is it only the trigger that makes the difference?

Hi Oliver,

That’s a good question! Unfortunately I still haven’t gotten to testing the RF-603 II yet to say exactly.

If maximum sync speed is critical though, as in you have a camera which can X-sync above 1/250th, then yes I’m pretty sure using RF-603 II transmitter and RF-603-II as receiver would have a slight sync speed advantage.

Otherwise I think you would be pretty safe at 1/250th with the RF-603 II TX and YN-560 III as RX. And that saves a lot of extra receivers, batteries and added hassles. So I would personally be looking towards the YN-560 III unless you really do need maximum sync speed.

And keep in mind the YN-560 III should have a transmitter coming with remote manual power control. You can still use separate triggers / receiver with the YN-560 III, but you won’t ever be able to add remote power control to the YN-560 II later. Thanks.

23. Bub 4 years ago

Hi I already bought this rf603 ii and Im trying to sync it with my old pair of 603’s but it doesnt seem to fire. Is there any special setup or something to sync it? Here’s my setup:

D7000 / RF 603ii + SB700/RF 603ii = works fine
    D7000 / RF 603ii + Nissin di622/RF 603ii = works fine
    D7000 / RF 603ii + SB700/RF 603ii + Nissindi622 / RF603 = flash on the di622 does not fire but the sb700 does fire and vice versa

What seems to be the problem here? Btw, the 603ii on the D7000 is set to TRX (transmit and receive)

Thanks a bunch for the help…

Hi Bub,

Are you saying you can’t get the RF-603 receiver to fire at all, or just when you have another RF-603 II receiver in play as well?

The original RF-603 receivers would have to be compatible as YongNuo state, otherwise we would have definitely heard a lot more about it by now.

You do have them all set to the same channel? Thanks.

• Igor 4 years ago

the reason why you can not trigger your Nissin di622 by RF-603 is very simple.
      RF-602 and RF 603 does are not compatible with Nissin DI622.
      This oversight has been improved in RF-603 ii

Ah I see!

Great thanks for that Igor!

24. Bub 4 years ago

Yes they are all in the same channel and both rf603 to rf603 is working and rf603ii to rf603ii is working as well, it’s just that when I add a 603ii to the mix (rf603 + rf603 + rf603ii) or vice versa (rf603ii + rf603ii + rf603) the odd one out does not fire… I also read in the website that it should be backward compatible but apparently it’s not. Could you do a little testing to figure it out? Thanks

Hi Bub,

Sorry I don’t have the original RF-603, or the RF-603 II here right now for that matter.

Have you tried just trying to get one RF-603 II (set to TRX) to fire one RF-603 as receiver to start with?

You could possible have faulty units though.

We had a similar issue with some faulty brand new RF-603 firing other RF-603, but they wouldn’t fire the YN-560 III. Replacing them was the only solution.

• Bub 4 years ago

Unfortunately no, I can’t have the new 603ii fire one of the old 603’s, tried both of them and it doesn’t work. I was also thinking that I got faulty units but if it was faulty it shouldn’t have triggered in the first place. I’ll do further testing and update you… Thanks!

• Bruce 4 years ago

I have just received a pair of new 603ii units and have the same problem trying to trigger a pair of the original 603’s. Was wondering if you resolved the problem and if so how.

25. hype 4 years ago

will the YONGNUO RF-603 II do HSS with the godox v850 or the neewer TT850

Hi hype,

Sorry no, you would need the YN-622 for HSS.

26. hype 4 years ago

wouldnt the cell II work or is it fr canon camera only

The Cells II are currently for Canon only, and they will not fire unless connected directly to the Canon camera hotshoe. They won’t even work on top of a TTL pass through hotshoe.

Please see this post for HSS option with other radio triggers like the YN-622.

27. hype 4 years ago

thanks

28. grumpy3b 4 years ago

Fast question, are you certain the version for Pentax DSLR’s is the C1? I understood the version we need for our Pentax rigs is the Nikon version. At least that was what it was for the original 603’s.

If this is the case that stinks because I just recommended a photopal buy the Nikon version as that was what I had been able to find outside the Yongnuo site. so, ummm, yikes? 😉

Hi Grumpy3b,

Sorry no I’m not certain unless someone can confirm this for sure. But as far as I am aware either version should work with non Canon / Nikon cameras now.

C1 is just the more universal 2.5mm stereo plug shutter release cord. I don’t know if Pentax cameras use the 2.5mm socket at all though.

29. Gianluca 4 years ago

Hello. I’m going to buy three Yongnuo YN-560 III and RF-603 II as a transmitter. Will they work on Sony A7/A7R? I red yes in previous messages. Should new Sony 60 flash work together with RF-603 II as TX and RX?

Hi Gianluca,

In theory they should work together ok.

I don’t have any previous feedback on the A7R to confirm this though. The A7 is reported to be working OK.

So you may be the first to give us feedback if you do try them. Thanks.

30. Gianluca 4 years ago

Hi. I can see previous positive feedback in this topic on Sony A7.

Sorry, yes that is correct. I think its just the A7R yet to be confirmed.

31. James Goode 4 years ago

I am looking to use the YONGNUO RF-603 II as a wireless shutter release and flash trigger for my Sony A7. I’ve seen positive reviews on the use of the RF-603 II for triggering flashes but there has been nothing about using it as a shutter release. Please help me!? Thanks

Hi James,

There are only Canon and Nikon versions available for the RF-603 II shutter release cord.

I’m not that familiar with Sony, though it seems the A7 uses its own unique Multi-Terminial for the shutter release. So it appears you would need to use the Sony compatible remotes like the Sony RM-VPR1. Thanks.

• James Goode 4 years ago

Do you know of any other system that would accommodate that setup? I’m wanting to do composite photography and I need to be able to set my camera up and then walk around with a flash and trigger my camera while holding my flash. I think I can do it with Pocketwizards but that is an expensive option.

Hi James,

I’m not sure that PocketWizards would be any more help.

But all you would need to do is look at this as separate triggers for shutter release and flash trigger. You can still use the RF-603 II as the flash triggers, then use a Sony shutter release. Once the shutter release fires the camera, that will then fire the flashes as well.

The A7 appears to have an IR shutter release available, and even full control of the camera via WiFi and apps.

But I also came across a person modifying the Sony Multi-Teminal shutter release cord to add a 2.5mm female miniphone plug on the end.

You would need a 2.5mm male plug to go into the RF-603 II shutter release port, but the main thing is that it looks like the Multi-Terminal is still just using a simple 3 pin connection to fire the camera etc. So if you’re a bit handy you could likely quite easily make one of these modified cords yourself if you wanted to. And then use the RF-603 II as both shutter release and flash triggers.

• James Goode 4 years ago

Thanks so much Flash Havoc. I’ve considered just buying one of sony’s remotes. They don’t have much distance on them and that is my issue. I’ll look into that modification though, it may bee a good option for me.

32. RICHARD 4 years ago

Hey Flash…

I am using YN 602’s to trigger my YN-560iii and Alien Bees and want to upgrade to YN-603II’s.

I seem to recall reading that unlike the 602’s I need to purchase a special cord to connect the 603II receiver to my Alien Bees. Correct?

Thx,
    Richard.

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the slow reply. The RF-603 II have a standard screw lock PC sync port like the RF-603, so you can purchase a YongNuo sync cord if you like.

Otherwise any male PC sync to 6.35mm mono plug will do. Preferably a screw lock PC sync connector though. Thanks.

33. Jag2x 4 years ago

Hi, I have an older camera which only has a pc sync port, I understand that the rf603ii does not have a pc input, but what if I get a hotshoe with a pc sync cord connected to the camera and the rf603ii sits on top of this hotshoe will this work?
    Jag

Hi Jag2x,

I’ve only just ordered the RF-603 II myself last week, so I can’t test this just yet to be sure. But now that the RF-603 II will fire when mounted on any single pin hotshoe, it should be fairly safe that they should work on a hotshoe to PC sync cord then as well. Thanks.

34. John 4 years ago

Hello. Could someone please help me out if possible?
    I just bought a sekonic L-308s.I’m going to buy a 560iii and 3-4 rf603ii. I also have already a 560ii. I’m thinking of setting one trigger on the camera(to fire the flashes when taking the shot) , one on the 560ii and the other one hand held. . Do you know if I will be able to connect a rf603ii with the sekonic via a male-to-male pc sync cable and fire all the flashes when I press the button to take a reading with the trigger connected with it?

Also, any suggestions for my “setup” are most welcome.
    Thank you in advance!

Hi John,

Unfortunately it appears the RF-603 II does not allow for a sync-in signal through its PC sync port. So no I don’t think it will be of any use connecting the RF-603 II to the meter via sync cord.

Though you can still fire all the flashes with your RF-603 II held in hand, and just set the meter to measure the light as it sees the flashes go off. So connecting the RF-603 II to the meter is not really necessary, and possibly more convenient without being connected. Thanks.

• Jag2x 4 years ago

Hey John and Flashavoc,
        Not sure if this will work?
        Connect the pc sync cord of the above device to the Sekonics L308s and mount the RF-603ii on the hotshoe.
        I plan to get these if the above work, with older type cameras that only have a pc sync port.

Please let us know Flash havoc if the test are positive.
        Cheers

Hi Jag2x,

The hotshoe cord should work with the meter as well.

I’m still waiting on the RF-603 II to arrive, will check this once I have them.

That particular hotshoe cord you linked to though is very flimsy and known to be unreliable. With a full size flash on top they can even split apart pretty easily. FlashZebra have a number of better quality versions.

35. Threepaws 4 years ago

Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me figure out what I am doing wrong!

Canon 70D, Canon 580EXii, Yongnuo 560iii, one pair of Yongnuo 603Cii

I am trying to fire both flashes off camera. The channels appear to be correct on the transceivers and the Yongnuo light with the built in receiver (channel 2), no trouble firing the Yongnuo at all.

Cannot fire the Canon, and think I have tried every setting possible! I can see that the transceivers are communicating – they wake up together and when I depress the shutter they both flick red for an instant.

No matter what setting I out the 580EXii to, as soon as I half depress the shutter, the flash sets itself back to its default settings and does not fire. What am I missing? Am I trying to do something that can’t be done?

TIA

Threepaws

Hi Threepaws,

Sorry I missed this question. Though I’m really not to sure what is going wrong there.

Your’e not trying to do something that can’t be done though, this should work fine.

I don’t know why the RF-603 II would be affecting the flash settings at all. The only thing they should do on half press is wake the flash.

I would make sure you have new alkaline Duracell / Energizer batteries in the RF-603 II, and the flash has fresh batteries. Also be very careful to make sure the flash is seated all the way on the RF-603 II hotshoe. Simple things like this are surprisingly easy to miss.

If that doesn’t help at all, I would try covering the extra pins on the RF-603 II shoe with a small piece of paper, so only the main firing pin is connected. And see if that makes any difference.

Or if you have a PC sync cord, connect the RF-603 II to the 580EX II via the sync cord instead of the hotshoe, and see if that helps to fire the flash.

The 580EX II should be set to manual power mode, and not Master or Slave. Thanks.

• Threepaws 4 years ago

Thanks for your reply. I have tried fresh batteries and to cover the extra pins, but no luck. I have made sure that everything is firmly attached. I don’t have a sync cord unfortunately. I had been trying the flash on ‘slave’, but trying it on manual isn’t working either. I have noticed that the pilot light is red though, not green – does this meant that the speedlite doesn’t know it’s attached to something?

So, just to double check what I am doing:

– I have a Yongnuo RF603C II attached to the hotshoe on my 70D and it is set to ‘TX’
        – I have the other Yongnuo RF603C II attached to my 580EX II and it is set to ‘TRX’ (I have also tried all the combinations of TR and TRX to be sure)
        – The channels on the two transceivers match. The transceivers appear to be communicating with each other, as the green indicator lights wake up together, and also flash to red for an instant when I fire the shutter.
        – The 580EX II is set to manual 1/1

In theory, if I want both flashes off camera, I could use the flash from the Yongnuo light to trigger the Canon, but this kind of defeats the purpose of having the radio triggers, and I won’t get the same range…

Thanks again.

Threepaws

Hi Threepaws,

Everything sounds right there. The Pilot light on the flash should normally be red when its recycled ready to fire shouldn’t it? (I don’t have a 580EX II here, only the 600EX-RT). I don’t think the pilot light is any indication of knowing its attached to the triggers. So I don’t think there is any issue there.

It sounds like the triggers are communicating fine, for some reason the fire signal is not going through the hotshoe to the flash. But then the triggers changing the flash settings is very strange.

Have you tried the RF603 II receiver attached to the foot of the YN-560 III ? Or any other flash to see if this is just an issue with your 580EX II ?

At this stage I would think your RF603 II are simply faulty in some way, though it would be good to check on another flash, just in case it could possibly be your 580EX II. I have not heard of any issues with the 580EX II in general though.

36. Andy Summers 4 years ago

Hi there,
    i have a Canon 6D using
    4 x YN622C Transceivers and
    3 x YN568EX Flashes.

All working fine. But now i will maybe migrate to the Sony A7R.

Can i use this equipment also on the Sony? When not, can i use it with modifications?
    Maybe i must only change the transmitter and the rest will work.

Thank you very much for your help!

Andy

Hi Andy.

You can use the YN-622C just as basic manual triggers with the Sony. But there is no remote manual power control available, or TTL obviously.

Possibly when the YN-622C-TX arrives, that may allow remote manual power control at least with non-Canon cameras. As the recent YN-E3-RT transmitter was updated to allow for that. We don’t know for sure whether the YN-622C-TX will provide the same function though.

Another remote manual trigger option would be the new Cactus V6 triggers. They would allow remote manual control with your YN568EX (and the Cactus RF60 flash, and quite a number of other TTL flashes). Thanks.

• Andy Summers 4 years ago

thank you very much for your answer.

I tried it with a Sony A7R from my friend AND as you say it works! Manual will be sufficient for me, i’ve not expected more.

It will be great if the YN-622C-TX may allow remote manual power control as you said. Then i must only replace one of my YN-622C (the transmitter one on the camera) and the YN-622C receivers will communicate with the new YN-622C-TX? Will be cool.

Thanks.

37. Georgios 4 years ago

Please, if possible, explain the advantages & disadvantages of YONGNUO RF-603 II over the Rikon Meyin RF-604 for working with YN-560 III units and Nikon SB-910.
    Does it worth upgrading my pair of Meyrins to this?

Hi Georgios,

Are you saying that you’re using a pair of RF-604 to fire both the YN-560 III and SB-910?

As I didn’t think that is possible, because the RF-604 must be set to RF-602 mode to fire the YN-560 III’s built in receiver. So the RF-604 transmitter can not fire other RF-604 receivers then (for the SB-910 etc).

So you would either need another RF-604 to place on the YN-560 III’s foot as well. Or switch to RF-603 II as you mention.

So yes it would be better to switch to RF-603 II, as you can use the YN-560 III’s built in receiver, and fire the SB-910 with an RF-603 II receiver attached to the foot.

Then when the new transmitter comes, which will be able to adjust manual power levels on the YN-560 III, at least that will be compatible with the RF-603 II receivers as well (only to fire the SB-910, not adjust power levels).

If you have a spare RF-603 II unit, then that could be used as a remote shutter release, while firing the flashes as well. (The Meyin RF-604 would require 2 more units to do that). Thanks.

• Georgios 4 years ago

Yes, you are right about the rf-602 mode, if the SB910 is not attached on the hot-shoe.

I use the SB910 on the hot-shoe or with TTL extension cable, on top of the Meyrin RF-604 trigger which has TTL pass-through. I keep the SB910 in close proximity & I have one less flash to control that way.
        Is there a way to solve the TTL pass-through that the RF-603 II is missing? Does it still worth to upgrade to RF-603 II ?

Hi Georgios,

If you need the pass through hotshoe for TTL flash on camera, then no the RF-603 II would not be an advantage.

The only way to work around the lack of TTL pass through hotshoe would be to connect the RF-603 II transmitter to the cameras PC sync port via a sync cord.

And even then you need a hotshoe to PC sync cord, as the RF-603 II does not have an input sync port. And that would be a pretty messy solution mounted on the camera. So you would be better off with the RF-604 there if they are working ok. Thanks.

• Georgios 4 years ago

Thank you. You’re most helpful, as always.

38. Nan 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the transmitter unit works as a pass through hotshoe (non TTL fine) for camera bodies other than nikon and canon with generic hot shoes available? such as olympus, sony, pentax and panasonic etc?

If it works does it have to be a Yongnuo flash or any flash with a proper hot shoe works?

If it works is it possible to trigger 2 flashes attached to two units? (one on the camera body which is not a canon or nikon)

39. DB 4 years ago

I see Canon & Nikon versions for sale online that come boxed with a cable, YongNuo RF-603 C1 vs YongNuo RF-603 N1 can someone tell me what is the difference?

Also there seems to be N3 and C3 versions? Again any idea of a difference between these and N1 and C1?

Hi DB,

They are just the different shutter release cords. You can see the images of the similar Commlite cords here.

For the RF-603 II cords, camera compatibility is as follows –

C1 version:

— Canon 1100D / 1000D / 700D / 650D / 600D / 550D / 500D / 450D / 400D / 350D / 300D / 60D
      — Pentax K20D / K200D / K10D / K100D,
      — Samsung GX-20 / GX-10

C3 Version:

— Canon 1D / 1DS, EOS 5D Mark II / 5D / 50D / 40D / 30D / 20D / 10D

N1 Version:

— D800 / D700 / D300 / D2X / D2H / D200 / D1H / D1X / D3X / D3
      — N90s / F5 / F6 / F100
      — Fuji Film: S5 Pro / S3 Pro
      — Kodak: DSC-14N

N3 Version:

— Nikon D90 D600 D7100 D7000 D5100 D5000 D3100 D3000

Make sure to get the RF-603 II though, not the old RF-603 as you wrote. Thanks.

40. roy 4 years ago

I have a yongnuo rf-603c II and tried to fit it to my new olympus em10 but the pins are so stiff to fit it into the hotshoe. Is this normal? and what can i do to fix it?….btw my yongnuo 560 flashes both fit in the hotshoe easily.

Hi Roy,

I just tried the RF-603 IIc in the Canon hotshoe, and yes it does look like they are neater fit than the YN-560. The foot is 0.1mm wider and 0.1mm thicker, and there is more spring pressure on the contacts / pins as you say.

This is a good thing for Canon at least, because the YN-560 and other YN flashes are generally much too loose. This should help to provide a more reliable connection with the camera.

What can you do to fix it for Olympus? If its really a problem, and if you’re only using them for the Oly, then you could possibly take the trigger apart and remove all the springs and possibly the pins other than the center fire pin. That should reduce the spring tension by 80% :-).

If that’s not enough you could possibly file down the top of the shoe plate. But it will likely rust then if its not brass, so that is best to avoid if possible.

I’m not sure there is much else you could do, other than possibly adding another hotshoe adapter. Thanks.

• roy 4 years ago

thanks flash havoc, i took my trigger apart and removed the pins apart from the central firing pin and it now slides into the hot shoe much more easily. now for some wireless flashing…woo hoo

Ok great, thanks Roy. So it all still fires ok? Thanks.

41. Pablo 4 years ago

Hi! I’ve read lots of information about these triggers, but, I’m still wondering if is it possible to synchronize the shutter release between two cameras, I mean, I want to handheld and shoot a camera, with the transmitter on it, and simultaneously I want a remote camera with a receiver plugged to fire too.

I know that with these triggers I can manually trigger the remote camera pressing the buton of the transmitter, but I’d want to be able to shoot one camera while the remote is shooting at the same time.

Thanks!

42. Armand 4 years ago

Hello Flash Havoc,

I have a question regarding the max sync speed of the RF-603C. I use this trigger a Yongnuo 560III with my x100s. Now I know the leaf shutter of the x100s. The thing is, I can actually set the shutter for the x100s on 1/500th and the flash will still fire.

Am I fooling myself that I am getting the full flash power as I thought the 603c had a max sync speed of 1/160 or 1/200…?

And if that is the case, is this new version of the 603 a better choice for higher sync?

Hi Armand,

1/500th is definitely possible. The RF-603 have a maximum sync speed around 1/640th. That is still very slow compared to many manual triggers though which can reach around 1/1250th.

That added delay results in 1/160th or even slower sometimes with full frame cameras like the Canon 5D. Sometimes you will get shutter in the frame at 1/250th with APSC crop cameras as well.

Yes the latest version RF-603 II should help, as they have increased the sync speed quite a bit. Though from what I have read about the X100s, it starts getting difficult to get clean frames at shutter speeds up near 1/1000th. For that you generally need an optic slave, or sync cord.

So the RF-603 II may get you a little higher than your currently getting, but you really need virtually no delay to make much of a gain now. Thanks.

• Armand 4 years ago

Thank you very much for that info Flash Havok. Definitely useful information.
        And yes, I have noticed that when using the same trigger on my Canon 6D, anything more than 1/200 and I will get the black frame in my shots from the shutter closing.

Based on your info, I will likely get the new version of this trigger and a good sync cord. The last cord I had came from Adorama and stopped working shortly after purchase.

Thanks again!

Hi Armand,

No worries. For the sync cord a lot of Fuji owners (like Zack Arias etc) use a long straight ETTL cord instead of a PC sync cord. As they are a lot more durable, and use the cameras hotshoe instead of the lousy PC sync port.

FlashZebra.com has them, or even Phottix (my short Phottix ETTL cord is built like a tank). Thanks.

43. Subhra Kar 4 years ago

Hi team,

I need one help. I have a Canon 60D and Yougnuo YN-560III . I want to know which version of Yougnuo RF-603 II(C1 or C3) is compatible with My equipment

Regards,
    Subhra

Hi Subhra Kar,

They are both compatible, the only difference is the shutter release cord plug. You would need the C1 cord for the 60D. Thanks.

44. Arghya 4 years ago

If I want to use 2/3 Yongnuo 560 III speedlites simultaneously then how much trigger do I need ?

Hi Arghya,

You would only need one RF-603 II as the transmitter unit on the camera. But you may like to look at the YN560-TX transmitter as well, as that provides remote power control with the YN-560 III flashes. Thanks.

45. Paul photog 4 years ago

You mention the rf 603ii has TTl pass thru shoe in the opening but nowhere mention it in the article. I want o mount the rf603ii on the camera shoe as a remote shutter only. Then mount a Canon 5**EX in the rf603’s shoe and run e-ttl or manual canon wireless system from there. So is this a pass thru shoe preserving ALL functionality or not?? Thanks & really enjoy your reviews!

Hi Paul,

Sorry I missed this comment earlier.

No the RF-603 II is not a full TTL pass through hotshoe at all. Its just a basic manual pass through hotshoe. So only singe firing pin flashes, or flashes that fire via the center firing pin will work. And that would be in manual only, not TTL.

Though if you just want a shutter release with the radio triggers, then there is no need to mount the RF-603 II on the camera hotshoe. It has to be connected to the cameras shutter release port via a cord. So it will still work as a shutter release without being mounted on the cameras hotshoe. Thanks.

46. William 4 years ago

Hi Flash Havoc,

I use a Olympus EM-5. I have a Yangnou 560II and it works fine as a on camera flash with the Olympus camera. I want to get some compatible triggers and have been advised that the RF603 II might suit. from your experience could you confirm that I safe with ordering RF606 II.

Hi William,

Again sorry I missed these comments earlier.

Yes the RF-603 II should be a good option, as they are universal for most any camera with a standard hotshoe.

If you’re planning on getting more off camera flashes though, you may want to look at the YN560-TX and YN-560 III flashes, as they have a great remote manual control.

(Its so nice I would consider trading your YN-560 II for a MK III, and just get the YN560-TX. No receivers needed (as they are built into the YN-560 III flashes)).

47. Victor Bezrukov 4 years ago

Hello Flash Havoc !
    may be someone already asked, but i can’t find about in this long discussion
    I use Canon 5dmkii + 2 Speedlite 580 and now have 3 RF603 II.
    the question is – if should my 5dmkii recognize RF603 II and Speedlight 580 connected to the camera and give me to set the TTL settings inside the camera menu ?
    my try was unsuccessful because camera can’t recognize the Flash in this way.
    thank you !
    Victor

Hi Victor,

The RF-603 II are only basic manual triggers. So they don’t do any TTL or have any control through the cameras flash control menu.

It sound like you wanted the YN-622C. As they allow full control through the camera menu, with TTL, remote manual, and HSS / SCS etc.

If you have Canon 580EX Mark One flashes though, you would be best to get the new YN-622C-TX transmitter as well, as that will allow remote manual power control with the older mark one EX flashes.

580EX MKII provide remote manual power control with the YN-622C through the camera menu.

48. Daniel 4 years ago

I have the original RF-603 triggers which were great value and still work fine.

Unfortunately they never worked with my Mamiya RZ67, which always irritated me. I’m just wondering if anyone can confirm that the II triggers will work on old medium format gear? The hot shoe fires regular flash heads no problem.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi Daniel,

I can’t confirm the medium format gear (hopefully someone else can) but the RF-603 II are designed now to work on any standard hotshoe, so they should be ok.

I don’t think there have been any reports of them not working on various cameras at this stage. Thanks.

49. Jeremiah 4 years ago

These still do not let you trigger the unit via PC sync, the main reason I bought them. I am currently modding my V1’s to make this happen but this is a design flaw for people who shoot with on and off camera flash and want to use TTL still.

50. Chamara 4 years ago

I bought Yongnuo 565 ex ii speedlight for my Canon 60d. For that, I have also bought two Yongnuo rf 603c ii triggers. Now the problem is I got another Yongnuo 565 ex ii speedlight from my friend but that is for nikon version. I want to fire those two speedlights now. What can I do ?