YONGNUO – YN-622C-TX for Canon – Now Available!

The YN-622C-TX for Canon are now available from around $42.

YN-622C-TX

The YN-622C-TX combines with the popular YN-622C TTL triggers to provide a much faster and more convenient user interface on the camera than the Canon Flash Control menu.

The YN-622C-TX also importantly allows remote manual and TTL groups to be mixed together and used at the same time.

FEATURES –

• 3 Groups
  • Mix TTL, Remote Manual, and SuperSync Groups
  • Individual 1/3rd stop Manual Power and FEC adjustment
  • Remote Flash Zoom in 3 groups, and Auto Zoom
  • 2nd Curtain Sync, HSS, SuperSync
  • USB port for Firmware Updates
  • AF Assist Light
  • Remote Shutter Release Function
  • Dedicated Buttons for Fast Adjustments
  • Battery Level Indicator
  • PC Sync Port
  • Improved Stability and Transmission Speed
  • SuperSync Manual Timing Adjustment
  • Flash Exposure Lock Function (FEL)
  • Modeling Flash & Red-Eye Reduction flash
  • Settings Saved Automatically
  • PC Port Input
  • Up to 100M Range (UPDATE – YN-622C-TX range results have been around 1/2 of the YN-622C results)
  • Basic Trigger Mode for Non-Canon Cameras (with standard hotshoe, max sync speed is 1/250s)
  • Remote Manual Power Control using Non-Canon Cameras (requires EX II compatible flashes)
  • EX Flash Compatible Mode – Now Allows remote manual power levels with EX Mark One flashes

YN-622C-TX

UPDATES on the YN-622C -TX ! –

1. As hoped, the YN-622C-TX will also work on NON-Canon cameras to control the manual power levels of Canon EX MK II compatible flashes (YN-565EX, YN-568EX etc included).

2 . There is a new custom option “ex flash compat”, mode which uses ETTL to simulate manual flash output for older MK One EX flashes. Though this only works with Canon cameras (and not with point 1 above).

3. Added Compatibility with the YN560-TX – A new proxy mode allows the YN560-TX to control Manual Output and Zoom of the ETTL flashes on YN-622C receivers.

PRICE AND AVAILABILITY –

The YN-622C-TX are available now from around $42 –

Ebay, YongNuo Ebay, Amazon, UK.

YN-622C receivers –

Ebay, YongNuo EbayAmazonUK

YongNuo – Website

YN-622C – Full Review

1. Oran 4 years ago

So it works with 622c?

Hi Oran,

That is correct, the YN-622C-TX works as a transmitter on the camera, to control YN-622C as receivers.

It provides a much faster interface, particularly when using remote manual power setting. And it allow you to Mix TTL and remote manual groups as well. Thanks.

2. Trail 4 years ago

Well it’s about heffin time!

Hope it’s as good as I hoped it was.

🙂

3. Shlomi Cohen 4 years ago

Do you happen to know if it allows groups to be switched off, right from the trigger?
    I was wondering the same thing about the YN-560TX as well.
    Thanks for the post!

Hi Shlomi,

Yes both the YN-622C-TX and YN560-TX allow groups to be individually switched off from the transmitter.

With the YN560 III, I think that explains the mystery “-” mode. So you can select Manual, Multi, or “-” for off, from transmitter unit as well. Thanks.

4. Brian Hursey 4 years ago

If only I had some $ laying around. :/

5. Carhus 4 years ago

Have been waiting for this. Order placed, roll on July!

6. Dave R 4 years ago

Just ordered mine. I’m hoping it makes it easy to turn on and off individual groups from the TX so I can meter multi light setups individually before turning them all on after I’ve worked out the ratios I want. Hoping to mix my AD-360 with my two 600EX-RT speedlites for 3 light setups. The speedlites would each be on 622C’s and the 360 would be triggered by an FT-16 connected via PC sync cable to a 3rd 622C. (Thanks to you for that suggestion by the way. I never would have thought of that!) That way I’d adjust the power level of the speedlites directly on the 622TX and continue using a second, hand held FT-16 to adjust the power level of the AD-360. I know I can turn off the AD-360 from the FT-16 directly but not without altering the power level all the way down.

I’ve got a YN-E3-RT when I’m just using the two 600’s but I’m looking for a solution that allows me to integrate them with the amazing AD-360. (Picked it up thanks to you in the recent super discount deal you had with Eachshot.) I am so impressed with it that I’m trying to resist the urge to pick up another one now that they are back down pretty near what they were when I got the first one.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that. That should work fine. Though if you are only using the one AD360 for now, you may be just as well off to connect the third YN-622C directly to the AD360.

That saves a second FT-16 transmitter. Once you start adding more AD360, or possible V850 etc, then it can make sense to fire them all via the one YN-622C receiver connected to an FT-16 transmitter.

But also connecting the YN-622C RX directly to the AD360 will still allow you to turn that group on and off quickly from the YN-622C-TX.

The FT-16 is just used to adjust the power levels then. Thanks.

• Emmerich 3 years ago

i own a Walimex 360(AD360) and the FT-16 Transmitter and the Cells II and the Yungnou´s. It works, but nut under HSS with the canon 6D. With the 60 it works alo in HSS- Mode. Anybody an Idea?

Emmerich

Hi Emmerich,

Are you saying you have a YN-622C-TX on camera, and YN-622C receiver attached to the AD360 (either via the flash foot, or PC sync cord) and you can’t get HSS to work with that set up?

7. alexklandre 4 years ago

Thank’s for this information.
    I was waiting for so long time 😉

Order placed, i hope it will arrive during my holidays

8. jicebe 4 years ago

will the YN622 TX be able to fire a YN560 III without a YN622 transmiter on the shoe? Using the YN560 III built-in radio like the YN560 TX does?

Hi jicebe,

No unfortunately they are 2 different, and not directly compatible systems.

The only ways to integrate them is to try and combine transmitter or receivers of both systems. Thanks.

• AndyS 4 years ago

Are there any Yongnuo flashes that will work wirelessly (radio) with the YN622-TX without a YN622 on the shoe? Basically do any of them have a built in YN622?

Thanks.

• Dave R 4 years ago

There are no Yongnuo flash units with built in YN622 receivers unfortunately.

9. Pablo 4 years ago

Thanks for the fresh info! 😉 Long time waiting… mine already ordered!!

10. Anthony Baker 4 years ago

Big problem with being able to place a Pre-Order for $59:21 for the YN:622C on the Each Shot web site!!
    You fill in the order form with all your detail etc, hit “Continue” and it just freezes up! Or if you do manage to get to see the amount to pay in the Checkout box and then click on Pay,– it takes you straight back to a Blank Order form!

After having made three attempts at ordering this item this evening It would appear that they may have now sold their initial quota already via this discounted Pre-Ordering and have therefore decided to block any further orders from being received!

11. Anthony Baker 4 years ago

Ooops! Problem now sorted,- once I turned off the Anti Virus settings I was able to place an order!

Cool, thanks for that Anthony, hopefully this may help others as well. Thanks.

2 Updates on the YN-622C -TX ! –

2 . There is a new custom option “ex flash compat”, mode which uses ETTL to simulate manual flash output for older MK one EX flashes. But this only works with Canon cameras (so not with point 1 above).

• David C 4 years ago

Wow on item #1, wish the 622N-TX had that.

Yes its great news for Canon users.

Nikon unfortunately operate like item #2 with all their flashes, using TTL to simulate manual power levels. So its not so easy to make the transmitter as universal there.

UPDATE ! – All EachShot YN-622C-TX orders already placed will start shipping on Monday (30th June). 🙂

• David Z 4 years ago

Just got my shipping notice! What a surprise and bonus to be able to remote manual power on non canon bodies!

14. the Flasher 4 years ago

wow great news…. i’ll wait a while before ordering incase they’re are any teething problems….

i just order 4x godox 860 flashes, knowing my luck next week Yongnuo will release new flashes with 622 wireless built in!

15. Joao 4 years ago

Now @ Ebay, prices around US$46!

16. Andrea 4 years ago

I ordered July 1st with dhl but have yet to send

17. Maurice 4 years ago

Ordered from Ebay on 7/1 for $45..Delivery on 7/10

18. Gazzer 4 years ago

Just a heads-up for UK folk.

I’ve had a call from the courier to say my trigger is in the UK but I’ve been hot with a £10 customs charge and £6 VAT.

So that’s an additional £16 for an item which cost £36.

They said they had about 10 triggers from Eachshot this morning and all have the same charges on them.

19. KarlG 4 years ago

I have just had the same call re import duty from the courier. They said they are going back to Eachshot to see if they will pay it and will let me know what Eachshot say about it.

I suspect they won’t pay it and we will all end up having to pay the extra ourselves.

20. Henrik 4 years ago

Setup:
    Canon T3i, Canon 430EX [first generation], Yongnuo YN565EX, Yongnuo YN622C-TX & two Yongnuo YN622C
    At first quick test the YN622C-TX is capable to control every aspect of both flashes [TTL, Manual, ratios, high speed sync]
    The only function I’ve found so far that you can not setup with the YN622C-TX is the Canon 430EX’s zoom. It only works in auto mode.
    Using the YN622C-TX as remote flash trigger in BULB mode, the camera releases the shutter, but doesn’t stop it. Had to shut off the YN622C-TX to cancel it.

Thanks for the feedback Henrik,

So you can use Remote Manual with the 430EX in one group, and Remote Manual with the YN-565EX in another group ok? Thanks.

21. greg 4 years ago

I had the same call re the customs charge. Not too fussed re £16 and asked them to chase it with eachshot. If eachshot pay it then they will refund my account.

I have an issue though
    Canon 5d 2
    2 X 580 Ex 2 on the 622 receivers

All functions seem to work fine EXCEPT it zooms one of the 580 exII. I have swapped channels and grps. One of the flashes zooms fine when the zoom is adjusted from the 622TX, the other flash will not. If i put them in the same group (the zoom adjustment should happen on both flashes) then it still only zooms one of them. This makes me think its a problem with the flash, perhaps the firmware? all other funcionts / power etc works fine…..

Can anyone help / suggest a solution as i have run out of ideas lol!!

Hi Greg,

Did you try a factory reset on all the 622 units, or try swapping the problem flash to another YN-622C? Thanks.

22. Any Light Photography 4 years ago

I’ve had a day playing with my YN-622C-TX. I’ll be buying a second for my backup gear.

No more fiddling with my menu to make a minor change to a group. The build quality is great and the menu is strong and simple…

23. jack k. 4 years ago

is it possible with a YN-622C -TX directly control a group of YN560III?

are they compatible with built-in YN560III recevier or I need YN-622C -TX receiver?

• James Harman 4 years ago

Check out this post – it has the information you seek:

• max 3 years ago

did you get a reply on this, my problem is my 560iii flash will fire on yn-622c trancievers, but I cant get the yn-622c-tx to adjust the power level from transmitter to transceiver I assume the flash is not compatible

Hi Max,

The YN-560 III does not have any remote control compatibility with the YN-622C.

You need the YN560-TX for remote manual control of the YN-560 III. And either the YN-560 TX or RF-602 / RF-603 / RF-603 II need to be the transmitter. You can stack those on top or a YN-622C transmitter or receiver though as well to combine them.

24. e 4 years ago

It finally arrived today! The the build quality is pretty solid, the plastic casing doesn’t feel flimsy and buttons are firm when depressing them. I haven’t had the chance to put it through the ringer, but I’m loving the quick control of the flashes without having to fumble through the camera’s menu.

25. James Harman 4 years ago

Bought mine from eBay seller hk-econcept for $45 after having a failed checkout attempt with the original link Flash Havoc had provided when the units were first announced. That said, it arrived yesterday to Canada (ordered on June 28th) and it is awesome! If you have existing 622’s – you NEED to order this unit.

So quick to enable mixed mode and make adjustments. It must emulate the Canon 600RT as it enabled flash menus I have never seen before on my EOS-M and 5D3. It now has Grp settings along with five distinct TTL groups (A-E) rather than the legacy A-C I was accustomed to with the old 622C or 580EXII attached directly to the camera.

• Dave Rader 4 years ago

I noticed that the 622C-TX enabled group mode on my T4i/650D just as it does when I place a 600EX-RT in the hotshoe. Keep in mind though, that even though the group menu in the camera shows groups ABCDE, the YN-622C’s only support groups ABC. So groups D and E will not be accessible.

26. Peter 4 years ago

Just got mine today, and I am pleased. Have a question though (Sorry I know this is not an official support forum, but I can wait about a year before receiving answers from Yongnuo),
    I seem to get very inconsistent results both when using TTL (tends to overexpose a lot) but also get a lot of banding when shooting HSS. It’s weird though, when using a large aperture e.g f/2,8 I basically NEVER get any banding, but when reaching f/10 I do get banding almost every time. Is there anyone else with this problem?

Best regards,

Peter

• Ramil 4 years ago

Any reply on this? I seem to have the same problem specifically with HSS. At 1/400th I get the black band. But when I replaced the YN622c TX with the YN622 C transceiver, all went well even up to 1/8000th of a second.

Hi Peter and Ramil,

I still haven’t received my YN-622C-TX yet, so I can’t try this to confirm there is an issue with all the units. This is the first I have heard of this, though it could be a common issue yet.

Aperture shouldn’t have any effect, so there may be a bug there. Unless you’re seeing ambient light in the wide aperture image, and not once stopped down (so the shutter clipping can then be seen)?

You would be best to inform YongNuo though at service@hkyongnuo.

Would you have changed the SuperSync timing by any chance. Have you tried a factory reset on the YN-622C-TX? Thanks.

• Peter 4 years ago

Hi again.

I know that aperture has nothing to do with it, and it’s also very inconsistent results no matter what aperture OR shutter speed I use. I can get banding at 1/400, but no banding at 1/2000, and then banding again at 1/8000th of a second, and thats at a given aperture.. I have 3 canon 430EX II, 1 YN-568EX II, and I just received a Godox V860C yesterday, same problem. I had to put the flashes on-camera just to rule out that it was the flash that was faulty, but that worked perfectly so I suppose that it is the triggers. I have not used the SS mode, just the HSS.
          Maybe, just maybe Yongnuo released them just a tad too soon to get them out on the market? A firmware update would be in order then I guess..

• Peter 4 years ago

Well, update.
            Tried like Ramil said, and put the YN-622C in the hotshoe of the camera and triggered, and it works perfectly all the way up to 1/8000th every time. I tried the factory reset on the YN-622C TX without improvement… So, I am assuming that this is a problem with just the TX, since the flashes (all 5 flashes, 3 different manufacturers) works up to 1/8000 both with the regular YN-622C as the trigger, and with just the flash in the camera hotshoe…

Ok thanks Peter,

I have the YN-622C-TX now so I will be doing some testing and will check this.

• foto123 4 years ago

Hi Flash Havok,

are there any news about testing the banding problem?

I already have a pair of 622C’s for Supersync with my Jinbei Freelander. I use a Canon 5D Mark II. It works quite good but I get a slight brightness gradient. That’s why I would like to buy the YN-622C-TX with “SuperSync Manual Timing Adjustment”. But I don’t want to run in the banding problem.

Kind Regards
                Michael

• Mariosch 3 years ago

I can confirm there’s a problem with the 622C-TX and HSS when closing the aperture.
                  Did a quick test with my 7D and 60D after reading about this issue.
                  Using my Canon EF 50/1.8 i get shutter in my image when closing down to 2.8 or smaller. It’s not completely consistent and somehwat dependent on the lens, my 15-85 (or was it my 17-85? Not sure atm) for example seems to work perfectly without shutter / banding @ 1/800th and f/8, but not at f/7.1 or f/9.

It’s definitively a timing problem as the position of the shutter varies between to images at the same setting.
                  Switching from manual (~ 2/3 of image black) to E-TTL makes it work (~95% of image Black).
                  Flipping for a 622C as transmitter makes all problems go away.

My TX is in Firmware 1.03, will update to 1.04 and test again, but have no high hopes as other people reporting the problem claims to have “latest firmware”..

~ Mariosch

YN622C-TX firmware v1.02 is now available adding the YN560-TX proxy Mode.

Usage –
    – Make sure the channel of YN622C-TX and YN560-TX are the same.
    – Long press SYNC / FN key to enter the custom function and go to FN.06 (Up / Down key).
    – Change the value to ON (Left / Right key).
    – Then place YN622C-TX anywhere within the transmission range of YN560-TX.

Now you can use YN560-TX to control Manual Output and Zoom of the ETTL flashes on YN-622C receivers.

Also Fixed in v1.02 – improved stability.

Download v1.02 for the YN622C-TX here –

28. Lucian B 4 years ago

Got mine a week ago (after 7 months of waiting…). It works like a charm. Love it , good job YONGNUO, now waiting on the YN300W studio light. Make it a Christmas gift, OK?! 🙂

29. SEDU 4 years ago

I don’t have a problem with “banding” in HSS in both bigger aperture or small. The question to ask is, are your flash HSS capable?

Also I thought I was having problem setting the zoom using the TX, it turned out I was changing the zoom of flash in group C which I don’t have set. So make sure you check.

30. Lucian B 4 years ago

Just ordered my second unit … 🙂

31. Nick 4 years ago

Has anyone had any experience yet using the YN622C-TX with the YN622C mounted on a Godox V860C?

• richard 4 years ago

hello, i received yn-622c-tx. I mounted it on canon6D.
      but my flash godoxAD360 (with yn-622c) doesn’t fire when i take a photo.
      If i make “test” on yn-622c-tx, godoxad360 fire and all works fine.
      have you an idea of the problem??
      Thank you.

Hi Richard,

I’m not too sure what may be the issue there. Do you have another YN-622C which you could try as the transmitter instead by any chance?

Also have you tried doing a factory reset on both the triggers? Thanks.

32. Pat Adolfo 4 years ago

Just to make sure, would this work with the Canon 430EX?

Hi Pat,

In general the YN-622C only allow ETTL with mark one flashes like the 430EX. Though the YN-622C-TX now has an EX compatible mode added which will allow remote manual power levels with mark one flashes. This uses ETTL to produce pseudo manual settings. I haven’t been able to test this yet, though the mode should be there. Thanks.

33. Law2708 4 years ago

Hwy guys planning on making the purchase pretty soon. Can you please tell me if I am still able to use the in camera flash menu, or is it a must that settings be adjusted from atop the tx.
    Also can you say if these act like 622s and automatically go in into HSS mode upon going over the camera’s X sync speed. Thanks in advance

Hi Law2708,

Yes you can still use the camera menu to adjust settings instead of on the YN-622C-TX directly.

Though I did notice if you have mixed groups set on the TX, and one group is set to TTL, and the others to manual, it will only allow you to adjust the manual groups through the camera menu. Because the camera menu uses the old system that does not allow mixed manual and TTL groups.

I don’t have a camera with GR group mode so I’m not sure if there would be any more control with that (others have said the GR menu is active, though I don’t know exactly what it allows in the way of adjustments).

Yes the flash will automatically go into HSS, provided you have HSS switched on, on the transmitter. HSS mode stays set when you go bellow x-sync, but the flash will not use HSS then when it doesn’t need to. Thanks.

34. J. 4 years ago

Would the YN-622c-tx work on a Sony a7? I have a pair of YN-622c transceivers lying around, and am thinking of getting a Sony a7 plus a pair Canon 430EX II flashes. Thanks in advance!

Hi J,

That set up should provide remote manual power control (and zoom control) with the Sony a7, but not TTL or HSS etc.

If this is just for use with the Sony then you may be better off with they YN560-TX and YN-560 III flashes. As they are half the price and have the receivers conveniently built into the flashes already. Thanks.

• J. 4 years ago

Thanks for your fast and helpful reply!

35. Dai 4 years ago

Does this work with the canon 5d Mk 1 ? with regards to the HSS ?

Hi Dai,

Yes HSS should be no problem with the 5D MK 1. Thanks.

36. Jc 4 years ago

Will the allow me to use SuperSync with the Alien Bee studio strobes. I know pocket wizards will allow you to use a fast shutter with the bees. I am trying to be able to shoot at 2.8 with a fast shutter and still use my bees

Hi Jc,

I’ve only just gotten the YN-622C-TX now myself, so I haven’t reached the stage of testing the SuperSync timing adjustment yet. Though theoretically you should be able to get similar results as those set manually with the PocketWizard Hypersync timing adjustment.

Alienbees have fairly short flash durations in general though, so unless your using the larger AB1600 or White Lightning X3200 the results are likely to be fairly limited. PocketWizard have some test examples with various cameras in their HyperSync Wiki (bottom of the page) which may give some indication.

• Jc 4 years ago

Flash Havoc,

I do have the 1600 I guess Ill give this a try and see if it works. Please keep us updated on your testing with the new YN-622c-TX

37. Paul photog 4 years ago

You say the 622-tx has a pseudo manual control on ex mk1 flashes in EX compatibility mode. So if using my 3- 550EX {or any of the MK1 EX series} flashes I would have full e-ttl control and HSS with the 622 system but as far as ‘TRUE’ manual control goes the Canon optical is the only way?

Hi Paul,

I guess you could describe it that way yes. You could add Radiopopper Px or Aokatec AK-TTL to the optic systems to transfer them to radio if needed.

But psuedo manual is quite commonly used as well. Phottix Odin use this system all the time with Canon flashes, and all Nikon TTL triggers use the flashes in TTL mode and create psuedo manual power levels, as that is the only option with Nikon.

• Mario Scholz 4 years ago

Just to clarify:
      pseudo manual controls means you set up manual flash levels on the 622C-TX, but the flashes itself are set to E-TTL. The 622C-TX is then generating a ttl command, to the flash issuing the power level selected by you.

So, from your viewpoint, it would be full manual control. From the flashes viewpoint, it’s E-TTL 🙂

Only thing I haven’t been able to figure out yet, is whether using the EX COMPAT mode will result in an E-TTL pre-flash or not.
      The Nikon version 622N-TX that uses pseudo manual exclusively will fire a pre-flash at all time, which pretty much makes it useless for use with a flash meter.

I still have hopes that Canon protocol allow for TTL main flash command without issuing a pre-flash command first. With Canon optical wireless, that seems to be the case, let’s hope optical is based e-ttl protocol in design 🙂

38. Steve 4 years ago

Recently purchased the 622C-TX to go along with my three 622C . I have been unsuccessful in making the zoom work for more than one of my flashes at a time. One or the other will work but if I have 2 of them connected, only one channel will allow for the zooming. Any ideas ?

39. Karl 4 years ago

I have three YN-622c units, a 580ex, Sigma EF-500 Super, a V860c and a 6D.

I have the issue (especially with the non-canon flashes), of random full-pop overexposures when I have the 6D set to wireless mode off. I can turn on wireless mode, which helps the over exposure issue, but then I lose second curtain sync (which is important to me).

Does the YN-622c-TX allow me to keep the 6D set to wireless but still activate second curtain sync on the unit itself?

Also, do you know if this fixes the issue of the V860C causing the YN-622c it sits on to sometimes freeze? I’m thinking not
    Thanks!

Hi Karl,

I’m not quite following this. Are you having the same full pop issues when only the Canon flash is used?

I’ve not heard of this freezing issue with the V860C either. There is a firmware update available though, if that is any improvement.

They YN-622C-TX should allow remote manual settings with your 580EX I, so that has got to be a bonus in itself.

• Karl 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply! Correct, I do not have the full pop issue with the Canon flash. I’ve seen other forms where people complain about this issue with third party flashes (even Yongnuo flashes!) so I know I’m not the only one.

Thanks for the link to the V860C firmware update. I actually have a TT860, and Neewer didn’t know about this update when I asked them. Anyway, the update seems to help but more testing will need to be done.

The YN-622c-TX allowing manual settings of the 580ex mkI sounds great! Maybe it will with the old Sigma flash will too.

My main question is: can I have the 6D set to have wireless on, and the use the YN-622c-TX to set second curtain sync, and it’ll work?

Hi Karl,

I don’t have the 6D unfortunately, (and its late here) so I can’t think off the top of my head what the wireless on even does 🙂

With the 7D, if I use any settings like mixing ETTL and manual groups etc on the YN-622C-TX it automatically turns the Wireless Set to On in the camera menu. I’m not sure if that is what you are referring too.

It just sounds like you’re working backwards there, because you shouldn’t be having the blow out issue to start with.

I’d be very wary of expecting the Sigma to work though, that’s a very old flash now, and even suspect back when it was current. I wouldn’t be surprised if you are always going to have issues with that, and modern gear like the 6D and YN-622.

A full power dump is caused by a communication issue. If anything is not completely transmitted or understood, then the flash just full dumps. This can happen quite easily happen just from dirty contacts as well.

40. Karl 4 years ago

Yes, you are correct. I’m working backward, because I thought the full pop issue (with wireless off) was “normal” when using any YN-622c with third party flashes. Even the unofficial YN-622c manual mentions the issue!

If it’s not normal, then I’m not sure what I can do to fix it. I’ve swapped YN-622c units, I’ve reseated the flash repeatedly, with no positive results. I’ll try cleaning the contacts, but I an doubtful.

No worries about the Sigma. If it works I will consider it a bonus.

41. WilliePienaar 4 years ago

I have, amongst others, a Canon 600EX-RT flash which has a built-in radio transceiver. Will the YN622C TX directly control this flash if set to Radio Slave without YN622C tranceiver connected to the flash?

Hi Willie,

No the YN-622C-TX is not compatible with the Canon RT radio system. YongNuo have the YN-E3-RT transmitter which is compatible with the Canon 600EX-RT, and RT system.

They will have their own YN600EX-RT flash soon as well. Thanks.

42. Jim P 4 years ago

Group question,

How many flashes can be in a group? Let say I’m using GROUP A, and I have two flashes in this group and everything configured in TTL mode, can I add a 3rd or 4th flash to this same group? Is there any limit on the number of flashes in a group?

Jim

Hi Jim,

I’m not sure if there is a limit to the maximum number of flashes in a group, though 3 or 4 are completely fine.

Just off the top of my head, when I have seen some maximum numbers mentioned (possibly for other systems) it was something like 16 flashes.

43. Karl 4 years ago

Well, I picked up my own YN-622C-TX, so now I can answer my own questions. My tests are with a Canon 6D, a Neewer TT860 (a.k.a. Godox V860C), Canon 580EX (original) and the old Sigma EF 500 DG Super. YN-622C-TX and TT860 have the latest firmware.

The good news is: yes! The YN-622C-TX will do second curtain sync, regardless of the camera menu settings (with the 6D). That’s quite fantastic. The TT860 and 580EX will take the SCS setting from the YN-622C-TX, the 500 DG requires you to activate SCS on the flash itself… but still it works!

In TTL mode, the YN-622C-TX will do FEC with all three flashes I own (each in their own group). The 500 DG will sometimes frequently have the “full pop” problem.

In manual mode, the levels on the 580EX *cannot* be adjusted from the YN-622C-TX. Same goes for the 500 DG. Also, the 580EX sometimes has the overexposure problem in this mode. Manual mode works perfectly TT860.

HSS works well with the TT860 and 580EX. Not at all with the 500 DG (this is not a surprise).

44. David Brown 3 years ago

Can the 622 TX control the YN 500ex without a 622 transceiver, and if so what settings do I need on YN 500ex?

Hi David,

No, you will need a YN-622C receiver attached to the YN-500EX. Just leave the flash in TTL mode, and the transmitter will take over. Thanks.

45. Marcelo Roux 3 years ago

Does anybody know if there is some vendor with this item in real stock inside US? I need it in my hands before sept. 20.

46. Rao 3 years ago

Previously I bought the 622C’s, what I found was, the flash was always triggered at full power when set to ETTL. Do you think this was a defective unit, or has anyone faced the same problem. I bought it on Amazon, and returned it back, after non of the suggestions from the Amazon users worked and could not finally correct it.

Hi Rao,

It sounds like you may have had some defective units. The majority do work very well though with few hassles, so its certainly worth trying some more if you’re still interested in these.

47. cory 3 years ago

Maybe a dumb question, but I cant seem to see the difference between these and the new 560Tx’s… ANyone?

Hi Cory,

They YN560-TX are only a very basic remote manual control for the YN-560 III / YN560 IV manual flashes. The only other remote control they provide is remote zoom control of the flash heads.

The YN-622C-TX and YN-622C receivers, have many more features. They are full TTL and HSS enabled (and require full TTL flashes for any remote control or features other than basic firing).

48. max 3 years ago

I have the yongnuo 560 iii flash I can fire this flash using yougnuo yn-622c-tx but I cannot adjust the power level on this flash is yougnuo coming out with firmware to get the 622c-tx to adjust the power level from this transmitter

Hi Max,

No the 2 systems are not directly compatible, and firmware can not really fix this.

The best option really is to just go with one system or the other. You can combine them to some degree though, by placing the YN560-TX on top of a YN-622C on the camera, or on top of a YN-622C receiver.

• max 3 years ago

Which flash can I use canon or yongnuo flashes that will work that I can power up or down from the yn 622c-tx. It works well with my canon 580 exII. I can fire the yongnuo 580 iii but I cannot adjust power. I guess I could go with the yn-565tx but I would rather just buy a compatible flash I can use with the transmitter yn-622c-tx

Yes, as mentioned below the YN-565EX / II are likely the best option for remote power control with the YN-622C-TX.

You still need a YN-622C receiver attached to the flash, though that beats trying to mix 2 systems and transmitters.

49. max 3 years ago

What yongnuo flashes are compatible to use with yongnuo yn-622c-tx. i have a pair of yn-622c trancievers. Will the yn-565 work.

Hi Max,

Yes the YN-565EX (and now YN-565EX II) are likely the best option if you’re just after remote manual power control with the YN-622C-TX.

The YN-565EX / II will do everything (including ETTL etc) with the YN-622 except for HSS.

50. Sid 3 years ago

Hi, Flash Havoc.
    Have you tried super sync (not hss) with 622c TX and CL360?
    Some people say ss timing doesn`t work on TX.
    I have two AD360 and the super sync is the only reason i need TX.
    Really want it work, because the Odin is too pricy for me.

Hi Sid,

Yes the YN-622C-TX SuperSync adjustment works fine with the transmitter I have. I saw some discussion on the Canon forum with other people having issues with the SS not working on their YN-622C-TX, and I still don’t really know what the issue was for them. It could possibly be related to camera models, but that didn’t appear to be the complete answer. The YN engineer was following this and did not come back with any update, so I don’t think they found an issue to resolve either.

So there is a bit of a question mark around this, though I think its much more likely than not that it should work if you do pick up a transmitter.

• Sid 3 years ago

Got it yesterday.

Super sync doesn`t work with canon 5D II.
        To be correct, it works, but it looks like the timing delay is not long enough.
        I`m not a specialist, but i think if they`ll increase ss delay time up to 8.0 (8.0 is just for example. i don`t know what number is needed exactly), super sync will work well.

Did a test. Here is the result. http://album.foto.ru/photos/or/540063/3723252.jpg
        Like you see, it works correctly, but delay time is just not long enough.
        Please, you can use the pic (if you need to) for everything.
        It would be cool if guys from yungnuo will see the pic too.
        Maybe you can send the pic to yongnuo?
        And we`ll see working ss timing in the next version update 🙂

• Sid 3 years ago

One more thing i forgot.
          SS timing works only with hot shoe.
          With sync cable it doesn`t work at all.

Hi Sid,

Thanks for posting the results. They are very good results though! You can’t expect any better results at less then full power, because the flash duration is not long enough.

More timing adjustment won’t give you more of the frame exposed, it will just move the band into the center of the frame.

If you want to use lower power levels you will need to turn the H-mode on on the flash.
          The PC sync cord definitely should work, I’m not sure what is going wrong for you there.

• Sid 3 years ago

Hi again, thank you for the answers.
            Yes you`re right. I know about low power levels and flash durations.
            But i don`t need ss at 1/32.
            The only thing i hope is the AD360 to be slow enough, to get something on 1/2.
            Let it be with a gradient, but full frame without a shutter.
            Because the hss there is just for fun.
            10 flashes at full power, 15 flashes at 1/2. Not enough )
            Have you tried CL360 in super sync at 1/2 with another triggers?
            Can i have any hope? )

Hi Sid,

No the results will not get much better at half power regardless of how much timing adjustment you have. All you will get is a result like this. In the last frame you see the exposed band is moved into the center of the frame. But you can’t make the band any bigger, because that is how long the flash duration is.

And that result is with a 7D crop camera. With the 5D the exposed band is likely to be even narrower.

The FlashPoint RoveLights / Jinbie HD600 II have quite an advantage with HSS over the Godox Lights, as they switch to a longer flash duration at any power level down to 1/16th. So there is no added limit to the number of shots you can do (though they are much heavier than the AD360).