YongNuo have released the long awaited YN-622N-TX Flash Controller for Nikon, and they are available now from around $40.
The YN-622N-TX transmitter acts as a master control unit to the popular YN-622N ITTL and Remote Manual transceivers, providing more functions and a far more user friendly built-in LCD user interface.
Also adding a USB port for firmware updates, which is major advantage over the current triggers. The improved YN-622N-TX also enhances stability, as well as improving information transmission speeds.
- 3 Groups
- Mix TTL, Remote Manual, and SuperSync Groups
- Individual 1/3rd stop Manual Power and FEC adjustment
- Remote Flash Zoom in 3 groups, and Auto Zoom
- 2nd Curtain Sync, HSS, SuperSync
- USB port for Firmware Updates
- AF Assist Light
- Remote Shutter Release Function
- Dedicated Buttons for Fast Adjustments
- Battery Level Indicator
- PC Sync Port
- 7 Channels
- Improved Stability and Transmission Speed
- SuperSync Manual Timing Adjustment by Group
- Flash Value Lock function (FVL)
- Modeling Flash & Red-Eye Reduction flash
- Settings Saved Automatically
- PC Port Input
- Up To 100M Range
- Basic Trigger Mode for Non Nikon Cameras (with standard hotshoe, max sync speed is 1/250s)
Improved stability and transmission speed is another upgrade, and should also help with the Nikon SB-800 flash, which has had some issues with the YN-622N previously due to its slower processing speeds than later Nikon flashes.
SuperSync Manual Timing Adjustment by Group is another significant new feature, allowing different studio lights to be used together at sync speeds above the camera X-sync.
The YN-622N-TX includes both N1 and N3 shutter release cables –
- 1 x LS-2.5/N1 Shutter Connecting Cable
- 1 x LS-2.5/N3 Shutter Connecting Cable
A nice video review here by David Carrico.
Compatible cameras –
Nikon: D70, D70S, D80, D90, D200, D300S, D600, D700, D800, D3000, D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D7000, D7100,
Although not listed (or tested) by YongNuo, a number of reports have confirmed the D3s and D4 are also working well.
Compatible Slave Flash Units
There are currently no flashes with YN-622N-TX compatible receiver built in. Any slave flash fired via radio will require a YN-622N attached as a receiver unit.
UPDATE – The YN685 For Nikon with YN-622N compatible radio receiver built inside are now available.
YongNuo Compatible flashes are any of the EX series for Nikon (except the YN-560 EX) –
Firmware Updates –
There have been a number of firmware updates tweaking small issues and adding features.
Please see the YongNuo Website here (bottom of the page) for the latest firmware and updater software.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY –
YN-622N-TX for Nikon are available now from around $45 –
YongNuo – Website