The recently announced YongNuo YN-E3-RT radio transmitter for Canon are now available for around $85.
The YN-E3-RT, and coming YN-600EX-RT flash unit, are the first and only third party radio trigger and flash units to be directly compatible with Canon’s own 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT radio enabled flash and transmitter.
The YN-E3-RT transmitter includes all the features of the Canon ST-E3-RT, as well as extra features including –
- AF Focus Assist light
- USB port for firmware updates
- Second curtain sync (in manual only)
- Full Group Mode with pre-2012 cameras
- Remote Manual Power Control with Non Canon cameras
- Slave flash charge status does not stop other flashes from firing
- Full sync speed maintained for pre 2012 cameras
YN-E3-RT features –
- Two-way 2.4G radio communication, fully compatible with Canon ST-E3-RT/600EX-RT
- Control up to 5 groups (15 units) of Speedlites
- 15 Physical Channels, 1 Auto Channel, Up to 10,000 customizable photographer ID
- Transmission Range: 100M
- Multi YN-E3-RT can share slave flashes
- Display group/charge status of slave flashes
- Firmware can be upgraded via USB
- High resolution Dot-Matrix LCD, Backlight for LCD/keys
- Fast lock mechanism
- Built-in AF assist beam emitter, buzzer
- Remote shutter release, Linked Shot
- Flash Mode: ETTL/M/Multi/GR 4 flash modes
- A/B/C/D/E 5 groups
- Supports 1st Curtain, 2nd Curtain (Only in M mode), High speed Sync
- Supports ETTL Ratio, Flash Exposure Compensation,
- Flash Exposure Lock, Flash Exposure Bracket, Modeling Flash
- 9 Custom Functions
- Settings saved automatically
- Dust and water resistance equivalent to EOS-1D series cameras
Separate Receivers –
UPDATE – YongNuo have now released the YNE3-RX receiver units to accommodate other MK II style Canon or YongNuo TTL flashes.
NOTE – FIRMWARE UPDATES ARE NOW AVAILABLE
FIRMWARE UPDATING DETAILS HERE - Click to Expand
Updating Firmware –
Firmware download links are found at the bottom of the page here –
A number of firmware versions have been released since the YN-E3-RT was first released. These updates resolve a number of bugs and also add some features.
You can check the firmware version in Menu 4 on the transmitter to see if its up to date with the latest version. If not, its generally a good idea to update.
The update software is currently for Windows only.
You need to download both of the links – “Driver & Software:” and “Firmware v1.XX:”
Unzip both packages to a folder on your computer (for windows Vista and later – right click on the folder, and “Extract All”)
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY –
The YN-E3-RT transmitters are available now from around $80 –
YongNuo – Website
Dropbox Uploads :
YN-E3-RT User Manual (August 2015)
Driver & Software (August 2015)