YongNuo YN-E3-RT – Now Available!

The recently announced YongNuo YN-E3-RT radio transmitter for Canon are now available for around $85.

The YN-E3-RT, and coming YN-600EX-RT flash unit, are the first and only third party radio trigger and flash units to be directly compatible with Canon’s own 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT radio enabled flash and transmitter.

YongNuo YN-E3-RT

The YN-E3-RT transmitter includes all the features of the Canon ST-E3-RT, as well as extra features including –

• AF Focus Assist light
  • USB port for firmware updates
  • Second curtain sync (in manual only)
  • Full Group Mode with pre-2012 cameras
  • Remote Manual Power Control with Non Canon cameras
  • Slave flash charge status does not stop other flashes from firing
  • Full sync speed maintained for pre 2012 cameras

YonNuo YN-E3-RT

YN-E3-RT features –

• Two-way 2.4G  radio communication, fully compatible with Canon ST-E3-RT/600EX-RT
  • Control up to 5 groups (15 units) of Speedlites
  • 15 Physical Channels, 1 Auto Channel, Up to 10,000 customizable photographer ID
  • Transmission Range: 100M
  • Multi YN-E3-RT can share slave flashes
  • Display group/charge status of slave flashes
  • Firmware can be upgraded via USB
  • Flash Exposure Lock, Flash Exposure Bracket, Modeling Flash
  • 9 Custom Functions
  • Settings saved automatically
  • Dust and water resistance equivalent to EOS-1D series cameras

YongNuo YN-E3-RT

YN-622N-TX –

The much awaited YN-622N-TX transmitter (for use with the YN-622 TTL triggers) are reportedly still undergoing testing, and will likely available in the new year now.

The YN-E3-RT (and coming YN-600EX-RT flash) are not directly compatible with the YN-622C TTL triggers, or manual RF-602/603/YN-560 III systems.

Separate Receivers –

UPDATE – YongNuo have now released the YNE3-RX receiver units to accommodate other MK II style Canon or YongNuo TTL flashes.

NOTE – FIRMWARE UPDATES ARE NOW AVAILABLE

FIRMWARE UPDATING DETAILS HERE - Click to Expand

Updating Firmware –

Firmware download links are found at the bottom of the page here –

A number of firmware versions have been released since the YN-E3-RT was first released. These updates resolve a number of bugs and also add some features.

You can check the firmware version in Menu 4 on the transmitter to see if its up to date with the latest version. If not, its generally a good idea to update.

The update software is currently for Windows only.

You need to download both of the links – “Driver & Software:” and “Firmware v1.XX:

Unzip both packages to a folder on your computer (for windows Vista and later – right click on the folder, and “Extract All”)

PRICE AND AVAILABILITY –

The YN-E3-RT transmitters are available now from around $80 –

Amazon, UKEbayYongNuo Ebay Store, Adorama, B&H Photo

YongNuo – Website

Dropbox Uploads :

YN-E3-RT User Manual (August 2015)

Driver & Software (August 2015)

Firmware V2.0
Firmware V1.18

1. Andy 5 years ago

Price….?

Hi Andy,

I don’t know the price yet, Update – around $150

2. Thiebauld 5 years ago

Days… within 2013?

Hi Thiebauld,

If they don’t come through this time, any YN announcements will come with a major disclaimer! Thanks.

• loveboy 5 years ago

I think they already do 🙂

3. Pablo 5 years ago

I own two 600EX-RT and the transmitter and i´ve found disadvantages in the system:
    -No remote zoom setting (unlike the Odins).
    -No AF assist on the transmitter.
    -Tedious navigation event to just change the flash power.
    -The wheel is very hard and hurt your fingers.
    -Excessive modes you will never use and make navigation slower and complicate.
    -No S1/S2 mode to mix with other lights without adding a trigger.
    I hope the YNs can improve some of these mistakes.
    Excuse my english i´m from Spain.

• morice 5 years ago

You really have Canon in Spain?

• Pablo 5 years ago

Yes Morice, we need their equipment to take bullfighting pictures.

• Anthony_Ray 5 years ago

Funny guy Pablo!

BTW, your english is superior to most people here in the US.

• morice 5 years ago

Are you a bullfighter Pablo? Be careful!

• the Flasher 5 years ago

interesting opinions about the 600ex system. I dismissed it simply because of the the lack of AF assist light.

I hope the YN interface is better than the canon’s version.

Personally i’m waiting for the 622TX to be released so I can compare features and then I will decide which product route to go down.

• iTuner 5 years ago

Canon 600EX-RT has a better AF-Assyst
        It is a pity that this system is not installed in the ST-E3-RT

4. Armin 5 years ago

Finally a sign of life from Yongnuo. Please, Yongnuo, also don’t forget the Nikon users… 😉

5. Mike 5 years ago

Next week Yongnuo? Allow me to take that with a little grain of salt.

I have heard Yongnuo say “next week” before. In fact, I have been checking in here for the last four months or so ever since they announced in August “YongNuo RF-603 MKII – Coming Next Week”

Come to think of it “YongNuo YN-E3-RT & YN600EX-RT Released” was announced once already in September. Similarly “YN-560TX” was hot news about the same time. Flash Havoc, any sightings yet?

Yongnuo should forgo early announcements and put the products on the shelves unannounced to help their developing reputation for not being able to deliver on time. I suppose I am not the only one wondering at this point about whether some of these products will every materialize.

If not for the early revelations, I would have happily gone ahead and bought at least three more YN flashes without scratching my head about the uncertain future landscape of the YN product line. They just may be shooting themselves in the foot.

Meanwhile, their competitors are doing juggling acts of their own with built in radios, group functions, Li-ion batteries and bare bulb options.

Hi Mike,

YongNuo have not been saying anything for while now, obviously very likely for the reasons you stated. But I get a ton of emails every day asking when the new gear is coming, so people want to know as much as possible.

I think there is likely more gear coming we haven’t even heard about.

The YN-560 TX unfortunately is listed as low priority, to come after the new TTL transmitters etc. So at this point I have no idea how long that will be, into 2014 some time now. Godox have beaten them to the punch with an inexpensive remote manual flash now anyway (though I realize swapping flashes is not ideal).

What would be interesting is if YN have actually reconsidered a more integrated product line instead of basically 3 systems they now have for Canon.

• Wil C. Fry 5 years ago

“…if YN have actually reconsidered a more integrated product line instead of basically 3 systems they now have…”

This really bugs me, and not just with Yongnuo. It’s one reason I’ve been sticking with really simple flash setups, purely manual flashes, and wireless triggers (V4) that *only* trigger a flash — no fancy features. As a hobbyist with a very limited budget, I have no confidence that any system I invest in will work with any future products.

It’s frustrating.

I know many strobists have been begging for feature X and feature Y, which is why so many of these new products are rolling out, but for me, the underlying concept is much more important than the toppings on the frosting.

• Bill 5 years ago

You do mean YN622TX not the YN 560 TX? Yongnuo is not the only company out there that has problems getting products out in time. Hey have a happy holiday and a happy new year too.
      Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for that, have a great holiday.

I’m not sure what you are referring too there though. The YN-622N-TX for Nikon is due first, likely by the end of December. Then the YN-622C-TX should follow. The YN-560-TX will come later, possibly after the YN-600EX-RT flash.

6. David C 5 years ago

Waiting for the YN-622TX myself (I hope the Nikon version comes out at the same time as the Canon version)!

Hi David C,

The Nikon version was the priority with the YN-622-TX, so unless somethings changed, the Nikon version should actually come first this time.

7. Jamesy 5 years ago

I am also awaiting the 622-TX for Canon. I am holding off on buying any YN flashes as I am hoping they will integrate 622’s into a 568 Mk.II like flash or perhaps the new 600-RT flash will be compatible with the 622’s but that may be wishful thinking…

My best guess at the price for the YN-E3-RT will $159 U$D

• the Flasher 5 years ago

I agree, I would prefer to wait for a 568 MKIII with integrated 622.

the ST-E3 is not compatible with studio lights so no hyper sync function 🙁

waiting patiently…………..

• iTuner 5 years ago

The appearance of a simple receiver with groups for studio flash is quite real. Only its economic viability is unknown. If such a receiver can be done with a reasonable price, it is likely to be.
        And as already is mentioned in other discussions, for a flash YN-600EX-RT is not bad to get a power supply system like GODOX V850.
        And YN-RT system will be self-sufficient.

In my opinion, Supersync not the most requested feature,
        Fader ND filter is more effective and during staged shooting there is always time to install the filter.
        Moreover, not all of the flash can be used for synchronization in the SS.

Nevertheless, support of SuperSync (even without separate control delays for different groups) would be a nice bonus. 🙂

I apologize if there are errors in the text 🙂
        I do not speak English.

• Gareth 5 years ago

The only reason I am waiting for these is for the supersync. If odins weren’t so pricy I would have bought them already.

Hi iTuner,

SuperSync is actually requested a lot now, especially because the Godox AD180/360 and V850 need the pre-sync signal for regular FP HSS as well.

There’s no doubt YN will end up adding HSS to manual lights like this as well. Now that Profoto are working on HSS with the B1 I’m sure we will see a lot more HSS monolights and portable flashes.

Wedding photographers etc often don’t have time for ND filters, off camera lighting at all is hard enough.

• iTuner 5 years ago

Unfortunately, it is impossible to grasp the immensity. Besides, it is assumed that if you use the system Canon RT, then do not use other advanced flashguns.
            GODOX done your system is incompatible with Canon Wireless / RT. They have their own lighting control system, requiring additional equipment with nothing compatible.
            Profoto B1 is equipped with its own system of light control.
            Phottix Odin / Mitros+ can not control the Yongnuo flashes.

Now light control system will have to choose carefully.
            All manufacturers pulled the blanket over himself 🙂

Hi iTuner,

I totally agree that manufacturers want to build closed systems, and it will definitely be best to stick all with one system if possible.

But YongNuo does not have any larger portable flash units yet. And we are not talking about other advanced flash guns, except for the HSS feature. And this is very desirable for many people.

Combining an on camera TTL system with larger off camera flashes has been the biggest problem for many years, but its very important to many wedding and event photographers. HSS is also a very desirable feature for this use as well.

Apart from Quantum, Godox look like they will be first to head towards a complete system with on camera TTL, and off camera larger flashes. YongNuo could easily offer solutions with the RT system and others, if they had the simple understanding and will to do it.

The other biggest issue now is combining mirrorless cameras as well. So it will be interesting to see what if any function the YN-ST-E3 will have on non-Canon cameras. Many of these transmitters could still proved remote manual power control on single firing pin cameras, again its just up to manufactueres to have the understanding and will to do it. I’ve tried to convey this to the YN engineer a number of times previously.

8. John 5 years ago

If it’s really going to be released for sale this week then why no release date

Like is that what they said ? I am just wondering why they would say they would release it this week instead of actually saying we are going to release on certain date
    Sorry if I sound so’s skeptical however it’s been a long time of waiting and they haven’t really built up a good reputation of being on time. Nothing against your word flash just having a hard time believing what they tell you

Hi John,

Don’t worry, I was reluctant to post any more until something is actually available, but I’ve been hounded for any information for weeks now, and I said I would post once there was any information.

I do think they must really be close this time, but anything can happen to cause a delay, it could be with packaging or anything like that. If they do find an issue with the trigger though its still much better to hold off release than send out a product that needs replacing again.

As loveboy said any information like this pretty much comes with a disclaimer already now. Until its actually available in the store we just can’t be sure anymore.

9. Adam L 5 years ago

Flash
    So please correct me if I’m wrong but the upcoming controller for nikon will give you on camera ability to control off camera flash power? Manual only or TTL? Mixed or only all ttl or all manual? YN only flashes or nikon YN mixed.
    I apologize for the probably dumb questions I’m trying to find a remote trigger setup that will work with my d7100 and sb-600 and YN 560 III
    What I’m wanting is to be able to have off camera ttl when wanted but when in manual be able to control the flash settings from the camera. With this new transmitter would one still need the 622N for ttl control. I’m so confused!!!

Hi Adam,

The YN-E3-RT transmitter here is only for Canon, its basically a clone of the Canon ST-E3-RT transmitter (with a few added features).

The YN-622N-TX is the one you will need for use with Nikon and YongNuo TTL flashes. The flashes will all require a YN-622N receiver on each.

They YN-560 III will not be directly compatible, all you can do is fire it with a YN-622N receiver attached. So you’re better off going with YN-565EX (as they are not much more, around $100 now), and have full TTL and remote manual, just no HSS.

The YN-622N-TX will allow full remote manual power control, as well as TTL, and HSS (with HSS compatible flashes like your SB-600). As well as Second Curtain Sync, and Supersync.

So you basically want YN-622-TX, and YN-622N receivers on Nikon or YongNuo TTL flashes. The YN-622-TX is likely not coming until next year now though. Thanks.

10. Adam L 5 years ago

Thanks for the heads up.
    I think until the new master unit comes out i should be able to use the yn 622n transceivers with a su-800 master unit and control both flash powers from the camera correct? does the yn 622N transceiver translate the IR signal from teh su-800 into radio signal or is it still line of sight?

Hi Adam,

Yes you can use the SU-800 on top of a YN-622N (on camera hotshoe) as the master unit, to control both TTL and manual for now. That is with Nikon or YongNuo TTL flashes as explained, not the YN-560 III. The SU-800 also only has full stop adjustments in manual as far as I know.

Yes it would all be via radio using the SU-800 on top of the YN-622N, so no line of sight issues.

The YN-622N-TX should be more stable and reliable though when its available, as it has faster processing the the YN-622N/SU-800 combination. The SU-800 should do the job ok for now though.

11. Hi!
    Is there any update on the YongNuo YN-600EX-RT flash unit. What would be the estimated market price?
    Thanks!

Hi Miami W.P.,

Sorry no, YongNuo have never given an expected time-frame for the 600EX-RT flash as yet (which is a good thing considering they way things are going recently).

The price will be a premium over current flashes like the YN-568EX, but you can imagine they will still be very well priced compared to the Canon version. Thanks.

12. John 5 years ago

Ok we’ll here we go it’s now Friday and we still have nothing
    Lol
    More than likely this is going to happen with the
    600 as we’ll.
    lol.

13. John 5 years ago

What store

Hi John,

Nothing was listed yet unfortunately, morice was just being smart. I’ve deleted the comment.

Its a bit disappointing, and I’ve updated the top of the post. But as mentioned, the last thing you want is for them to start shipping a product that’s not quite right and then have all the hassle and expense of returns etc.

It obviously was (and possibly still is) close, and they would be doing everything they can to get a product out like this before Christmas if it is at all possible. The Ebay store is even giving free courier service on some products, as they obviously know (or customers know) regular post would not make it by Christmas now. We’ll just have to wait and see now.

14. John 5 years ago

Yeah I figured that. And your right I would like it to be right the first time
    I’m just getting real impatient being the fact that I don’t have any flash and I don’t want to buy any because I’m going to go with yn e3 rt.

What exactly did they say to you though. I mean why would they say anything
    If they are not sure

Hi John,

YongNuo have different departments, from my experience communication between them has not always been brilliant. But the engineer is likely just passing on what the production team or whoever looks after that side of things tells him as far when they will be ready. As mentioned the development side of things was finished months before the original release announcement. I don’t know what is going on with their production.

I haven’t seen or heard anyone even put an estimate on when the YN-600EX-RT flash may be available. So you may have quite a wait there yet, I really don’t know.

15. Dan 5 years ago

So, if I want to be able to control power settings on SB700, as a remote, the new 622N Tx will allow me to do that, with a 622 receiver, under my SB700. Is that correct?

If so, this might be why, I am seeing price drops, on the 622’s?

So maybe I should wait to purchase. I’m new at this, sorry if it is confusing.

Hi Dan,

Yes that is correct, the YN-622N-TX will allow remote power control, TTL, HSS, and Second Curtain Sync, with 3 groups of flashes like the SB-700 attached to YN-622N as receivers.

I don’t really know what you mean about price drops, as you still need YN-622N receivers. Its just the one YN-622N-TX needed (per camera).

You will have to wait to purchase the YN-622N-TX because its not available yet :-). If you purchased YN-622N now as transmitter and receiver, that simply means the one used as a transmitter now, can be used as a second or spare receiver once the new dedicated transmitter is available. If you’re not in a hurry, sure you could wait and purchase just one TX and RX.

You can still change remote manual power levels with the current YN-622N as transmitter and receiver though, its just not an ideal interface at this stage. But you can bump the power levels up an down on the transmitter. Thanks.

16. Nick 5 years ago

Hi All,

Just curious, whilst I had done some research into getting some YN flash gear.

I saw the announcement for the ST-E3-RT.

I normally do just landscapes really but would like to get into using flashes etc.
    (I plan on using with a 5DMkIII)

1) Am i correct in guessing that the YN-E3-RT is a normal remote transmitter mounted on top of the camera and has among other new additions, the ability to adjust flashes on the fly remotely.

2) For the above to work and it would work with the following for example?:
    YN-E3-RT on the cameras shoe —> A YN-568 and also maybe a YN-468 II
    and a pair of 622s, one on each flash.
    Is there any functionality lost here or do you HAVE to buy the new 600RT flash from YN aswell?

Sorry for those 2 questions but Im new to flash.

Any help much appreciated in advance!

Thanks,
    Nick.

Hi Nick,

No worries, yes the YN-E3-RT transmitter will allow remote manual control, or TTL control, for up to 5 groups of flashes.

But no, the YN-E3-RT is not compatible with the YN-622C receivers, they are two separate systems, although having fairly similar function.

The difference is the YN-E3-RT and coming YN-600EX-RT flash, are directly compatible with Canon’s own ST-E3-RT and 600EX-RT flashes. And the RT flashes currently have the transceivers built in, where as YN-622C are currently separate trigger units.

So yes, you would need to buy the 600EX-RT flashes, currently from Canon, or from YongNuo once their 600EX-RT flash is available.

If YongNuo where to make a separate RT compatible receiver later, then the YN-568EX and YN-468EX II could be used with the YN-E3-RT etc. But we don’t know yet if a receiver is planned or not.

So it is difficult for a lot of people to know which way to go at the moment, but once the YN-600EX-RT flashes are available they will likely be the more popular choice because that is a much neater system with the radio triggers built in, and no pass through hotshoe required to mount a flash on the camera as well.

If you’re only after remote manual power control though, the Godox V850 are another great option (and at much less cost than the TTL systems).

• Nick 5 years ago

Excellent thanks a million! Great answer thats perfectly clear! Thanks for the prompt reply! First visit to the site… I like! Bookmarked!!
        Nick

17. Sergio 5 years ago

I always see so much questions and replies about Canon users to take advantage of this new coming trigger, but I cannot see any Nikon users asking about wheter it will be compatible with Nikon cameras, flashes and Yongnuo flashes like the YN-560 II. Is it going to be gear to use with Nikon cameras?

Hi Sergio,

No the YN-RT gear is Canon compatible only (for the full TTL functionality). Not currently compatible with any YongNuo flashes, except the coming YN-600EX-RT.

So where does that leave Nikon users for a built in radio flash system? Well YongNuo are not commenting, but I think its pretty obvious YN-622N transceivers or similar will be built into flash units sooner or later. Thanks.

18. John 5 years ago

Hey flash do you think the 600 rt will be about the same price as the mitros+
    Or cheaper

Hi John,

I think its pretty safe to assume it will be cheaper than the Mitros+.

The Mitros+ / Odin system are on a different level though to the current YN-622 system and YN flashes when it comes to reliability and quality.

How the YongNuo RT system stacks up we don’t really know yet, but YongNuo would have some work to do to really match Phottix or Canon.

• loveboy 5 years ago

Like be able to ship a product, for a start.

19. iTuner 5 years ago

I do not want to jinx it, but it seems all the headway. 🙂

Thanks iTuner, still no ebay listing though?

Thanks iTuner !

20. Is that true??

Why not listed on the ebay store?

Thanks Ituner 🙂

• iTuner 5 years ago

goods already shipped to dealers
      likely by the evening there will be more offers.

21. Thanks Ituner :).

Any news for YN-600-EX?

By the way I had an email exchange with thephotogadget, for them it should be on their ebay shop by Friday.

22. John 5 years ago

I see one on ebay

23. John 5 years ago

It’s from Hong Kong. Could finally be here. I think I want to wait until I can fired from the US or like Amazon or something like that

24. John 5 years ago

Actually I think I just sort on Amazon as well

25. Could you please provide links 🙂

26. Amir 5 years ago

PhotoGadget just jacked up the price $10. Perhaps anticipating strong initial demand?

• iTuner 5 years ago

Likely.
      Proposals are still very few, and I think that the pilot batch of the product to end anytime soon 🙂

27. John 5 years ago

Just bought mine for 129.00. Photogadget

28. John 5 years ago

Is photo gadget outside the country????

29. PhotoGadget No Thanks 5 years ago

PhotoGadget chat rep said they raised the price because others on ebay have it for $155. Guess I know who not to buy from in the future. Thanks!

30. Adam Bolt 5 years ago

Also available here
    Cheers Adam

31. Adam Bolt 5 years ago

Forgot to mention that it also shows on their Facebook page.
    Use discount code:YNE3RTExpress for 6% discount

32. John 5 years ago

Now if we can just get some kind of news on the 600ex
    That would be great

33. Privatebydesign 5 years ago

Mixed messages about Gr mode with pre 2012 bodies, that is all I am interested in. Amazon doesn’t say and photo gadget says only for post 2012, any confirmation?

Hi Privatebydesign,

Yes don’t worry ThePhotoGadget description had me worried too. But I think they have just quoted some older specs as its not mentioned anywhere else. We’re trying to get some confirmation. Thanks.

• Privatebydesign 5 years ago

Yongnuo have gotten back to me and confirmed Gr mode with 5 groups with pre 2012 cameras. That is an awesome achievement.

Great thanks for that.

That’s a great sign, though I wouldn’t take anything as gospel yet until its coming from the YongNuo engineer, (or confirmed by testing). They are the only reliable sources when it comes to features like this.

• Privatebydesign 5 years ago

Well I ordered one anyway. I have the ST-E3-RT and three (and sometimes six) 600-EX-RT’s already but am using pre 2012 bodies so will give the YN a thorough comparison when it gets here, which will probably be a while……

It looks like the ST phono plug is replaced by the mini USB on the YN, so my SR-N3 won’t work either, but maybe the cables shown with the YN come too, although I haven’t seen any mention of that anywhere.

Ok great, I’d love to hear how people are find the comparison in range. I don’t think the specs (30 vs 100 meters) tell the full story. I’m guessing they are likely both around a similar working distance somewhere in the middle.

One Ebay listing here includes the cords. Most others do not seem to mention them in the contents.

1 x LS MINIB/C1 Cable
            1 x LS MINIB/C3 Cable

34. John 5 years ago

That would suck lol. Being that I already bought it

Anything on the 600?

35. Steffen 5 years ago

Thephotogadget updated their product page http://thephotogadget.com/content/yongnuo-ttl-radio-trigger-yn-e3-rt , now it is the same description as on hkyonguo.

36. Anthony_Ray 5 years ago

Just ordered on Amazon. I’m hoping it’s not a complete POS like my 560ex is. Yongnuo gets one more chance, this is just too tempting to pass. Going on a 6D, we’ll see how it works with my 600ex-rt.

37. Multiple products on ebay:

Looking forward for mine!!

A 600ex-rt is waiting for him :).

The Canon 600EX-RT has dropped to $449 at B&H Photo, Adorama and Amazon (once you add to cart).

The YN-600EX-RT may be a while away yet, so this could be a good time to grab an original Canon flash while the price lasts.

39. iTuner 5 years ago

Do not wait for YN-600EX-RT in 2013.
    But very likely YN-622N TX will be available before the start of the new year. 🙂

Great thanks iTuner !

40. Sebas 5 years ago

Hi Flash Havoc.

I understand correctly? I understand that is compatible ONLY with Canon 600EX.

Not compatible with RF-602, 603? Not compatible with YN 622? Not compatible with Yongnuo flashes?

Stupid question. A product only for flashes Canon 600EX-RT?

If I understand correctly, then the Yongnuo policy regarding this product seems much more stupid that my question.

Have fun!

Hi Sebas,

That is correct, only currently compatible with the Canon 600EX-RT and coming YN-600EX-RT.

Stupid ?… do you realize how many flashes Canon sell!?

Its highly possible YongNuo could still produce a separate receiver unit later to allow other current TTL flashes to be compatible.

But even if they didn’t, they have already taped into a Canon gold mine.

• Sebas 5 years ago

Hi mate,

Ah, I’m sorry. It was a personal opinion.

Most photographers I know work with a high-end flash and the rest are secondary units. Canon 430 EX-II for example. That is why I think the current option is stupid for Yongnuo.

Another drawback is increasingly will buying new units of flashes or triggers.

However, I love politics Yongnuo flashes on some of the same brand. YN-568 EX II, YN 560 EX work on I-TTL or ETTL in slave mode TLL.

Currently I have Canon and Nikon cameras, I’m pretty sick about both manufacturers compatibilities. Especially Nikon. So whatever is multicompatible I like.

However, all that will fit a wedding with a manufacturer seems to me an insult.

Hi Sebas,

No Worries, I know what you’re saying. Sometimes what’s best for the manufacturer is not best for the consumer though.

I wrote about YongNuo’s system compatibility issues previously here.

That will all work out eventually though.

There’s no doubt manufactures will use the introduction of built-in radio as an opportunity to build closed systems though.

• Sebas 5 years ago

Hello mate.

I have read the entry. Thank you very much for the information. As always, you’ve written a very helpful article!

Regards

41. Jann Lipka 5 years ago

Bummer – YongNuo Speedlite Wireless Transmitter YN-E3-RT
    After committing to buy
    It will not let me.
    Shipping not allowed to Europe … ( sweden, member of EU)
    Tired.
    any other buying channels ?

42. Jann Lipka 5 years ago

I was able to buy one with shipment to EUrope on Ebay ..

43. Rod 5 years ago

Got my yn e3 rt today, it syncs very poorly with my 6d, I have to drop to 1/15th of a second or lower ( instead of 180th) tried to find a firmware update on line but no luck. anyone else found one? Don’t have this problem When using a canon 600 ex rt as a master. Sending them an email now.

Hi Rod,

Yes there is a Firmware update for the 5D III and 6D. It should be available on the YN website soon, but you can download it now from YN.622.RU.

• Rod 5 years ago

Success! Thanks so much for the link. Pretty happy with the unit now, though focus assist beam seems only okay, not great.

45. Privatebydesign 5 years ago

The key part of the instructions for me 🙂

Page 18: “When using the flash mode of the camera

released from 2007 to 2011, all the parameters

should be set up through the speedlite transmitter.”

Yes, that sounds good! 🙂

46. Bryan 5 years ago

Can anyone please test & confirm if the YN-E3-RT can trigger wireless 2nd curtain sync to the Canon 600EX-RT?

47. Bill 5 years ago

Hi, I am wondering will the YN-E3-RT work with the YN622C to control the flashes of YN560 II, YN565EX, YN568EX or do I need to wait for the YN-622TX for the Canon to come out. I am shooting with the Canon 6D. Can anyone help me with this info and go into detail so I can understand it.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Sorry no, the YN-E3-RT and YN-622C systems are not compatible at all.

So yes at this stage you would need to wait for the YN-622C-TX. They will allow full control with the YN-565EX and YN-568EX, but they will only fire the YN560 II, no remote control. So you would be better off trading that for another YN-565EX as they are pretty cheap at the moment. Thanks.

• sarissa 5 years ago

Yes, but in Manual mode only

48. Ivo 5 years ago

Hi, do you know if the update for 5dmk iii is working for 1dx also? Does the AF assist beam work well?

• Ivo 5 years ago

Also if you have an canon 600EX-RT ( in my case), can you add a YN-600EX-RT and work together with the cannon one? 🙂

Hi Ivo,

There is no mention of issues with the 1Dx as yet, I don’t think the 5D III / 6D firmware update applies to the 1Dx.

As far as I know the AF assist beam is the same as the ones in the YN-622C etc. They are mainly for the center focus point only, but they are pretty bright, and fairly sharp contrasting lines.

Yes the Canon 600EX-RT flash will be directly compatible with the YongNuo YN-600EX-RT flash (and both Canon and YongNuo E3-RT transmitters). Thanks.

49. Anthony_Ray 5 years ago

Oh great, I haven’t even gotten it (talk about slow boat from China) and there’s a firmware update to be compatible with the 6D? I thought that would have been one of the post 2012 cameras there would be no problem with.

Let’s hope the firmware updates actually work.

Hi Anthony,

A number of people have reported the firmware update for the 5D III and 6D is working fine.

In the old days (of the YN-622C etc) this would have meant returning the triggers, and a lot of time and expense, so this is a great step forward really. Thanks.