YongNuo have announced their first TTL enabled studio light, in the 300WS mains powered YN300W!
This means the YN300W can be used together with regular TTL speedlites, all using the same radio trigger system, and providing TTL metering and remote manual power control. As well as features like Second Curtain Sync, and Flash Exposure Bracketing.
YN300W Featrures -
- Flash power – 300WS
- Guide No. – 56M ISO-100
- ETTL Metering
- Manual Power Levels – 1/1 – 1/128
- Canon Optical Wireless Triggering
- S1, S2 – Optic Slave modes
- Second Curtain Sync, FEB, FEC
- Bowen’s S-Type Mount
- Large LCD Display Screen
- Hotshoe Foot for TTL Radio Trigger Mounting
- USB Port for Firmware Updates
- Built-in Cooling Fan
- Sound Prompt
- Recycle Times – 0.1~1.1sec.
- Flash Duration – 1/50000s~1/800s
- Flash Color Temperature – 5500K~8000K
- Modeling Lamp Bulb – E27 220V 150W
- Modeling Flash – Sync Mode, Ratio Mode, Custom Mode, Modeling Light Off Mode
- Supply Voltage – AC182~AC265V 50Hz
- Fuse – T6.3A 250V
- Sync Voltage – DC3.3V
- Triggering Methods – Radio Trigger, Optical Trigger, PC sync, Test Flash.
- External Interface – Hotshoe, PC Sync Port , USB Port
- Additional Functions – Auto Save Settings, Clear Settings, Overheat Protection, Advanced Options, Power Saving Mode, Function Locking
The YN300W are mains powered studio lights, with no mention of a portable battery pack and inverted option from YongNuo as yet.
There is also no mention of a HSS (High Speed Sync) function with the YN300W. Though the Long Duration Sync method of higher sync speeds may be possible to some degree, as the compatible YN-622C-TX transmitter has an adjustable Supersync feature.
The Announcement of the TTL enables YN300W is not a complete surprise, as YongNuo have also previously confirmed there would be a TTL studio light alternative coming which would be compatible with the Canon and YongNuo RT system.
So the YN300W may not be the only TTL enabled studio light coming from YongNuo!
The key word is portable though, so hopefully YongNuo have not overlooked an important piece of the puzzle with the mains powered YN300W.
Price and Availability -
YN300W are now available from around $320 plus shipping –
There is no mention of a Nikon ITTL compatible version as yet, though that is likely to follow.
YongNuo – Website