YONGNUO – YN560 IV – Flash With Radio Master Mode – Now Available

YN-560_IV_300

YongNuo have announced the YN560 IV which is the latest update in the very popular YN-560 series of manual flash units.

The YN560 IV now adding a master mode, or effectively a YN560-TX radio transmitter unit built into the flash (in addition to the remote manual radio receiver already built into the current YN-560 III).

YongNuo YN-560 IV

The YN560 IV master flash can control the remote manual flash power, and flash zoom length, of 3 individual groups of remote YN-560 III and YN560 IV flashes (while the YN560-TX has the extra ability to control up to 6 individual groups).

Like the current YN-560 III, the new YN560 IV flash has the remote manual radio slave built in as well, which can be controlled by other YN560 IV, YN560-TX, or simply fired by RF-603 II, RF-603, and RF-602 manual radio triggers.

YongNuo YN560-TX

Although I haven’t had a chance to review the YN560-TX properly yet, I can say it does work very well. And this is a fantastic inexpensive remote manual system (there is no TTL) with the 2.4GHz radio system all neatly built inside.

The YN560 IV flashes are otherwise the same as the YN-560 III, and will likely replace them eventually. So if you may not need a master built into your flashes so much, keep an eye out for good prices on the YN-560 III while they are available.

Price and Availability

The YN560 IV are available now from around $80 –

Amazon, UKEbay, YongNuo’s Ebay Store

YongNuo – Website

YongNuo – YN-560 III Full Review

1. tron 3 years ago

Wow, they have come a long way since their first flashes and powerty wizzards!
    What I wish for is a new version of the YN-568EX with built in receivers for YN-622…

2. Tom 3 years ago

I’m curious how you remotely control the other speedlites with that small display.

Hi Tom,

I think you only see one group at a time. So its a bit like your just looking at the remote speedlites interface.

• Tom 3 years ago

Sounds like it may take some getting used to, but I want it anyway!!!!!

• Marcster 3 years ago

You can see three groups at one time — in the left sample image, the display is showing you groups A, B & C. A long press on that “GR” (group) button and it kicks over to D, E, F.

It’s pretty straightforward once you have your flashes in the groupings you want (typically this will be a one-time operation).

I have the YN-560-TX and a pair of YN-560 III — it’s a pretty stellar combination.

• Chris 3 years ago

I think he meant with the new 560 IV, rather than the 560 TX.

Sorry yes, you can see 3 groups at a time on the YN560-TX interface.

But on the new YN560 IV flash unit you can only see the one group at a time.

• Tards57 3 years ago

It also looks like you can only control a total of 3 groups including the master flash, so you can only control groups A and B off-camera from the YN-560-IV. The manual shoes in table form what is controllable. In TX mode, Master, A and B groups. In RX mode you can set the flash to group A, B, C, D, E. You don’t get F.
          It will be good if the 560-IV can act as an on-camera fill and a 603/2 trigger, but have control of 6 groups using the YN-560-TX to set the power and zoom of each group?

• jimbobphotowizardjt 3 years ago

I hope it makes that EEE-URRRRR sound when you turn it on. if not, i wont buy it

3. frederic 3 years ago

It must be useful. It will give me a backup if the yn560TX does not work anymore, or if my batteries are empty.

4. george 3 years ago

great move from Yongnuo!

5. Chris 3 years ago

According to Yongnuo’s site,it looks like it only supports 3 groups in commander mode. Seems odd, given the six groups on the 560-tx.

6. Yongnuo User 3 years ago

Hi Everyone
    I need your help. I am brand new for flash photography.
    I have YN-560-TX and three YN-560 III.
    What flash light meter can i use with this setup?
    How do i trigger my flashes from light meter?

• Bubba Jones 3 years ago

Not sure your reason for triggering from a light meter. My technique for triggering my 560 III is having the YN560-TX in hand, on the screen move to the group I want to meter then press the Test button. At that time my Sekonic 358-L meters the light. When the lights are all set the YN560-TX is placed on the camera. By the way, I use Canon film cameras.

Yes, for firing off Pocket Wizards many Sekonic meters have a module in them; as does mine. However I do not have any Pocket Wizards.

Hope that is helpful for you.

Cordially,

7. derrick 3 years ago

Hello,

I would suggest a Sekonic light meter and check their website and look at their videos on how to use a light meter. If you can go to a real camera store and try it out their and purchase from them so that you have real customer service. Also you can use the YN50 tx to trigger the flash and then the meter can read the exposure. I hope that helps

• Yongnuo User 3 years ago

Thank you very much for very valuable info. Really appreciate. The Seconic’s web site is very cool.

Yes even the base model Sekonic L-308S will simply measure the light as it sees the flash pulse. You just set it to the cordless flash mode.

The higher models will also provide ambient to flash ratios etc.

• Yongnuo User 3 years ago

Thank you very much. Really appreciate your help. Flash Havoc have very helpful community.
          I watched all videos from Sekonic web site and few videos from other web sites including this
          and I ordered today the Sekonic L308s.
          I like the cordless mode. The meter would wait 90 seconds for my Youngnuo flashes to fire. I can fire the flashes withing that 90 seconds using new Youngnuo trigger.
          I learned a lots of new things about metering watching the videos. Thanks again everyone for being so helpful and friendly.

8. Armin 3 years ago

Not exactly what I expected to be the next device from Yongnuo, but great news anyway.

568 with integrated 622 would be nice…

9. John Wong 3 years ago

Great news indeed!

Will.the 622n-tx be able to trigger and control the 560-4?
    Will the 560-4 be able to trigger the 622n receivers?

I’m assuming there’s no compatibility with 565 or 568 flashes?

John

Hi John,

As Loveboy mentions below, there is not any added compatibility with the YN-622 system.

So a YN-622N-TX would only be able to trigger a YN560 IV flash if a YN-622N receiver was attached to the flash foot.

The YN560 IV would not be able to trigger a YN-622N receiver at all.

And no, no compatibility with the YN-565EX and YN-568EX flashes.

The YN-560 system is just a simple remote manual system with no direct compatibility with the YN-622. YongNuo will no doubt build YN-622 receivers into flashes sooner or later as well though.

• John Wong 3 years ago

Hope you don’t mind my asking here.

I’m very interested in the 560-tx trigger.. But if I have a 560-3 flash on remote mounted on radio receiver like a phottix stratto 2, and 1 camera with the 560 t-tx and another on a phottix stratto 2 trigger. Would that be possible?

The problem with they YN-560 III and using other radio triggers, is that the built in radio mode is disabled when firing via the hotshoe or sync port etc. So even if you just want to change the power levels remotely you can’t do that anymore.

I’m not sure if YN would fix this with the YN560 IV, though I would think they are not likely any different in that regard unfortunately.

So if you want to use the YN560-TX for any remote power control with the YN-560 III, you would need to trigger the flash via RF-603, RF-603 II, or the YN560-TX itself, and use the built in radio receiver in the flash.

This is why even using a YN-622C receiver to fire the flash, and YN560-TX to control the power levels is not possible at the same time. You need to use a second transmitter somewhere, and attaching any external receiver to the YN-560 III is pretty pointless.

• Greig 3 years ago

In order to make this scenario work you would need to have the Phottix trigger on the camera and another on the other camera. Have them channelled the same to a remote flash with a Phottix receiver attached. Hook that remote flash and trigger to a YN-603II and it will trigger all of your YN-560III/IV’s. To control the YN-560III/IV’s, use a YN-560-TX in your pocket.
            See this link in the forum
            Not the perfect solution but it should work.

• ajfudge 3 years ago

I’m planning to buy a 560 III and 560-TX. I have other flashes by other brands as well. I’m hesitant to fully invest into this system because of its compatibility issues with other triggering systems (including Yongnuo’s other systems).

Just for clarification, I want to know if the following scenario works:

1. SCENARIO 1:
            Non-Yongnuo transmitter attached to camera hotshoe + Non-Yongnuo receiver attached to 560-TX = ??? (will I be able to remotely control flash power/zoom settings of the 560 III and fire them? Or will the 560-TX’s radio module will shut down if it detects that it is connected to something else?)

2. SCENARIO 2:
            Non-Yongnuo transmitter attched to camera hotshoe + Non-Yongnuo receiver attached to 560 III = ??? (Can I still remotely change the power/zoom settings of the 560 III via the 560-TX?)

TIA.

• ajfudge 3 years ago

And while I’m at it, I want to add this question:

3. SCENARIO 3:
              YN-622N-TX attached to camera hotshoe + RF-603 II/RF-605/560-TX attached to YN622N + other YN622Ns attached to TTL flash + 560 III = ??? (This looks like a redundant setup but will this work at all?)

Thanks again.

Actually I think that is the way most people are currently adding the YN-560 system to the YN-622.

Otherwise you would need to try and attach a second RF-603 II / RF-605 / 560-TX transmitter to the cameras PC sync port (if it has one), to fire the YN-560 system as well.

Its still probably not ideal to plan a system like this. YN-565EX or even Shanny SN600N flashes are not that much more cost than YN-560 III / IV, so you may be better off to try and stick with all one system or the other.

Also for Canon at least you can now use the YN560-TX to also fire and control other ETTL flashes if they are attached to the latest YN-622C receivers.

I’m not aware of this function being added to the Nikon YN-622N. YongNuo could very likely add this at some stage without telling anyone though as well.

Hi ajfudge,

Scenario 1 – should be ok, though relaying triggers like this can reduce your maximum sync speed a little. The only thing I can think of is possibly some ETTL triggers could possibly have some communication with the Y560-TX and negative effect. Though hopefully that is unlikely. If you have any specific triggers in mind I may be able to test this.

Keep in mind you could also use an RF-603 II or similar as the transmitter instead, and keep the YN560-TX in your pocket etc just for making power and zoom adjustments.

Scenario 2 – won’t work unfortunately, as the flashes sync port and hotshoe are disabled in radio receiver mode, so you can’t use other external radio receivers at the same time.

Ideally the best option if possible would be to use the YN-560 / RF-603 / RF-605 system as the complete trigger system, using extra RF-603 II or RF-605 as receivers for your other flashes as well.

• ajfudge 3 years ago

That’s unfortunate, not being able to “daisy chain” the 560 III flash with non-Yongnuo triggers. Specifically, the transmitter/receiver that I have right now and planning to mix up with the 560 system is the Godox Reemix II.

___

The 560-TX (Canon version) being able to fire and control ETTL flashes is really a good news. I just wish that Yongnuo release their update for Canon and Nikon at the same time. (Why do they always favor Canon, anyway?)

___

At the moment, I’m hesitant to buy a 603 II / 605 transreceiver. I’m waiting for Yongnuo to develop a new version that can control power/zoom settings in groups and not just merely switch them on or off. I hope they do it soon.

___

That’s a bit of an oversight, Yongnuo wanting to keep their 560 users locked out of other triggering system. If they want to do that, they should at least be generous enough to make it fully seamless and compatible with the 622 system.

• ajfudge 3 years ago

I hate to digress, but I’m curious: does Yongnuo have a TTL flash that’s similar to the 560 system? (built-in radio, remote settings adjustment)

At this stage there is only the YN600EX-RT (and YN-E3-RT transmitter) for Canon.

I would think they will eventually build YN-622 transceivers into flash units as well, and hopefully this time they would do the Nikon version first, because Canon already have that RT system. And Nikon badly need some options like this.

The YN-568EX II for Nikon are well overdue, so I’m hoping YongNuo may have possible held that back until they can provide a flash with YN-622N receivers built straight inside.

Quote – “At the moment, I’m hesitant to buy a 603 II / 605 transceiver. I’m waiting for Yongnuo to develop a new version that can control power/zoom settings in groups and not just merely switch them on or off. I hope they do it soon.”

That’s what the new YN-622C do already, so YongNuo won’t be developing a new trigger to do that. They would just add the same function to the YN-622N.

Though that may not be as simple with Nikon as was for Canon, as the Nikon version YN-622N use the flash in ETTL to provide the manual power levels. Triggers like the Cactus V6 do this already so it can be done, I just don’t know if the YN560-TX is already set up to incorporate this functionality with new YN-622N.

10. Loveboy 3 years ago

I doubt there will be any difference in compatibility with these units and existing 622 compatibility. I expect the 622C (I’m not sure about the N?) will be able to be triggered by it, much like it can by the 560TX. Beyond that, probably not much else.

This flash is almost certainly only a firmware update for the existing 560iii hardware, with the same radio transceiver module etc.

– Peter

11. Loveboy 3 years ago

Also… please Yongnuo, physical on/off switch like the 560TX on the 560v flash. Enough with the hold-it-down annoying soft on/off stuff.

• RNBzie 3 years ago

Just a FYI…you can go into the special functions menu of the 560III and make the on/off button fast start so you dont have to hold it down as long and wait.

12. Greig 3 years ago

Any word on a YN-568EX II for Nikon?
    This would be one of the most back to front decisions made by Yongnuo.
    Canon has in camera control with the YN-622 triggers so you can put a flash on top of your camera.
    The YN-622n TX is great for Nikons lack of in camera control BUT they forgot to put a hot shoe on top.
    SOOOO if you want to have a bit of on-camera fill using Nikon and 568EX’s then you need some convoluted bracketing system.
    Come on Yongnuo bring out the YN-568EXII for Nikon.

13. Yan 3 years ago

Now, if they could instead make a YN-560 IV TTL flash, that would solve all my rumaging. I want TTL on-camera, and manual elsewhere. Remote manual control is not even mandatory, I would prefer an inexpensive solution.

I guess to do that now, I need a 622 on camera, with a flash on top. I could then take the PC out of the 622 to a dangling or taped 603 in order to fire a few 560III. Any better ways to combine on-camera TTL with 560III or similar flashes?

Hi Yan,

YongNuo do appear to be going deeper into this system, so its very possible they could make a TTL flash with a YN560 transmitter on board at some stage.

If you don’t want 2 transmitter units on the camera, you could attach an RF-603 II transmitter to a YN-622C receiver, and mount that somewhere away from the camera.

The YN-600EX-RT will be available soon, and this will be YongNuo’s first TTL flash with built in master transmitter. Other radio master flashes are bound to follow, though many people may start making the transition to the RT system in the mean time anyway.

• Yan 3 years ago

Didn’t think of putting the 603 and 622 on-top of each other elswhere, good idea!

For me, to get into the RT system, there would need to be an offering of inexpensive YN-560-RT manual flashes to act as slaves. Even if this is technically possible, it will take forever…

The on-camera TTL with off-camera manual is quite a common requirement. I wonder why it’s not better catered?

Most companies are just getting started with built in transmitter units (or even receivers), so an on-camera TTL flash option with master to control just manual flashes will very likely come eventually. At this stage full TTL and full manual systems are just getting started.

Regarding inexpensive RT slave flashes, they are basically already here. The Shanny SN600S (mentioned in the SN600SC review) with a clip on RT receiver module will likely settle around $90 complete. The first Ebay listing are around $90 for the flash, though this will very likely go down once there is more demand and competition.

I realise you only need the manual function, but for little more than the manual YongNuo flash, the Shanny would also provide full TTL, HSS, SCS etc.

So for Canon users at least, there may be quite a transition to the RT system in the near future.

Stand alone manual RT compatible receiver units are still needed though as well.

14. Harold 3 years ago

I just spotted this in a google search for the 560iv. Does this mean more vendors should be carrying this speedlite soon?

Hi Harold,

That site commonly lists products well before they actually have any stock, and often doubles the price.

• Harold 3 years ago

I was beginning to get my hopes up at the sight of this. Oh well. Hopefully they will become available soon. Their (Yongnuo) facebook page mentioned the unit will be released this month.

Yes it looks like they shouldn’t be too far off now.

15. Jesse 3 years ago

Look what I’ve found! I’m definitely getting 2 of them if they actually have some in stock:

Thanks Jesse,

Yes they are really in stock. They are first run limited numbers again though, so they may not last long.

16. RMS 3 years ago

The YN560-IV have AF Beam?

Hi RMS,

No, I these are still fairly universal manual flashes. They won’t have the dedicated AF communication with the camera.

17. Cathy 3 years ago

website updated,it looks great.

Also there is a good news,Amazon is available now for YN-560 IV,just click here to get it with free shipping within 80 USD. OEM,brand new from YONGNUO company.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OOKXCGQ

18. Marvin 3 years ago

Do you know if Yongnuo is going to come out with a firmware upgrade to the 560 III so you can change the groups ON the camera like you can the 560 IV??? That is real handy!! If I am correct with the 560 III you have to have a 560 TX to do that…..

Hi Marvin,

I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to there, as the YN-560 III does not have any transmitter function, only a receiver.

You can use a YN-560 IV or YN560-TX as the transmitter controlling a number of YN-560 III in different groups.

But firmware won’t add a transmitter to the YN-560 III if that was what you are meaning?

19. Yuppa 3 years ago

Dang, for ~ 5 bucks more, why even buy a 560 III now? I mean really: they’ve ADDED a three group transceiver for $5.00. That’s great!

20. bob 3 years ago

I’ve red too fast the replies here and went and bought 560-IV at “http://www.135shot.com” on Nov. 1… it said “in stock” but was not true. Now since the launch of the 560IV he said that it has been shipped on Nov. 16 but I lost confidence. I’ll see what happend in a couple of weeks.

He gave me 3 different tracking sites and 3 different numbers, that naturally doesnt work.

Meanwhile I opened a Paypal Dispute just in case since we have to do it before 21 days of payment.

All this to say that 135shot.com is shiiit !

Hi Bob,

Sorry to hear you got caught out. I have to keep removing that website address from comments, but I’ll leave it here this time so hopefully others are warned.

21. Daniel 3 years ago

Im thinking of getting this flash with a YN560-TX to go with my nikon, but when I go to amazon it is not specific with what brand that particular flash gun supports (Canon,Nikon,ect) do these flashes now work across all brands or are the sellers not being very specific.

Hi Daniel,

The YN560 IV flashes are all the same, but the YN560-TX comes in Canon and Nikon versions. That is just for the flash wake up feature though, otherwise they will both work on any cameras with a standard hotshoe, as will the YN560 IV flashes.

• Daniel 3 years ago

Ah ok thanks for the reply, Im guessing its when you start looking the 568ex that you have to think about the brand due to the ttl features? would that be correct? thx

22. Yuppa 3 years ago

@Daniel

All shoe mounted flashes share a trigger pin and a locking pin. TTL flashes add more pins:

Canon has four pins.
    Nikon has three pins.

It’s technically possible (though certainly not advisable) to use ANY modern, standard foot flash on any modern, standard shoe camera–with ZERO automation!

23. Yuppa 3 years ago

FYI:

As of 4:49 PM CST USA, these are available on Amazon USA via Yongnuo’s official store:

$75.99

This means:
    Sold by YONGNUO and Fulfilled by Amazon.
    Prime shipping is available.

24. bob 3 years ago

I finally received my 3x YN560-IV and TX from “http://www.135shot.com”… exact 1 month after my order and 2 weeks after he received/shipped them. As I said to him, I had reasons to doubt, but I got them and everything works perfect. Hurry !

25. Nick 3 years ago

Can anyone here confirm that the built-in YN 560TX in the new YN-560 IV flash can be used to wirelessly trigger the YN 622C units? Also, do I understand correctly based on a previous Flash Havoc response that I cannot use a simple wireless trigger like one of the early Cactus units on camera to trigger the 560 IV flash off camera and then have it trigger and remotely control other 560 III or IV flashes? Many thanks for your response.

Hi Nick,

I haven’t tested it yet, but part 2 of your question should work, because the flash is not going to know if its mounted on a camera or a Cactus receiver. So it should still work just as if its mounted on the camera hotshoe.

Acting as a radio receiver, that is when the flash foot contact is disabled. So you can’t fire a remote flash via a Cactus or other receiver, and then also control power levels with a YN560-TX or similar held in hand. This is a bit of an unfortunate oversight with the YN-560 III (and I would imagine YN560 IV as well).

26. Yuppa 3 years ago

Question #1:

In order to control a 622 with the stand alone 560-TX, you need a 622-TX in “proxy mode” to convert 560-ese to 622-ese, I would venture to guess the same applies to the built-in transmitter on the 560 IV.

• Nick 3 years ago

Yuppa:

That’s my thinking also. I’d just like a confirmation that our assumption is correct.

27. Nick 3 years ago

Flash Havoc:

Thanks for your response and clarification.

28. Yuppa 3 years ago

Well, here’s my first try with Yongnuo:

“I know I can use the 560-TX with the 622C-TX in “proxy mode” to set manual power levels on 622 equipped TTL flashes.

My question is:

Will the 560 IV also work with the 622C-TX in “proxy mode” to do that same?”

From Yonguo:

“Dear User,

Thanks for your email.
    We are sincerely sorry that we don’t understanding what “proxy mode” exactly refers to, because YN560-TX, YN622C-TX and YN560IV don’t have such a function. If possible, please tell us what your requirement for using 560IV and 622C-TX together in details. We will try our best to help you!

Best regards,

YONGNUO”

Trying again…

29. Yuppa 3 years ago

Dear User,

Thanks for your email!

According to your description, we reported this issue to the related department and we were told that YN560IV can be used in proxy mode as you described. Please be assured to use YN560IV in proxy mode.

We are sorry for the inconvenience we brought you and thank you very much for your kind understanding!

Best regards,

YONGNUO

30. ray 3 years ago

Hello all the great people here,
    I’ve got YN 560 III (and am thinking of upgrading to YN 560 IV since it’s got the built in transceivers). I use my two YN 560 III flashes with a GH3 Panasonic (I soon plan on replacing my GH3 with either Sony a7 or Sony a7s).

I am hearing that Yongnuo and Shanny (like SN600SC which has ETTL) are making new flashes with TTL or ETTL….
    I’d like to know, if I am using Panasonic GH3 and Sony a7… (and not Canon & Nikon DSLRs), would the TTL/ETTL features on these Yongnuo and Shanny flashes be something I can benefit from also, or is it that the TTL/ETTL features (that these 2 chinese flash makers comes up), something that’s meant for Canon and Nikon DSLRs (and not Sony a7, Panasonic GH3)….
    Thank you for sharing your great knowledge and insights!

Hi Ray,

No, unfortunately unless they decide to make a Sony version of these flashes, there will be no TTL or HSS compatibility. So no advantage for you really over the remote manual flashes.

The Phottix Mitro+ for Sony would be the only current option with radio transceivers built in.

31. Luciano 3 years ago

Is there any way to have AF Assist when using off camera YN560 III or IV units ?

Thanks.

32. Kenneth 3 years ago

Does the YN-560 IV have a focus assist beam?

• Yuppa 3 years ago

No. Single pin flashes do NOT receive A/F data.

33. HTG 3 years ago

Hi to all
    i just got last week 2 of the 560 IV, and i am DEEPLY disappointed!!

yes, it mastering perfectly each other and the 560 iii i alredy have.
    yes, the master flash controls the other flashes settings.
    but – when on tx (master) the flash ignores the output power settings. it doesnt matter if i set it to 1/2,1/4 etc. it just fires very weak. on the regular M mode or as reciever (rx) it works ok

• Yuppa 3 years ago

Because you didn’t provide any information as to what you are doing, I have to guess.

So…if you have the 560 IV on the camera’s hot shoe in TX master mode, you MUST be in group mode “–” (off) to adjust its settings.

34. Steve Marcum 3 years ago

Can I trigger the YN 560 IV with canon 600 RT??

• Yuppa 3 years ago

Optical: yes.
      Radio: no.

I can only assume you meant radio: so, if there’s no “RT” in the name–which refers to Canon’s system–it’s NOT compatible.

35. Jason 3 years ago

No AF assist beam? womp, womp……..makes it almost useless for dim wedding receptions 🙁

• Yuppa 3 years ago

There’s no such thing as a single pin, manual flash with an A/F assist beam.

36. Chris 3 years ago

Seems to be some folks with good knowledge here, so perhaps someone can help me…

Question 1)
    I have on order the YN560-TX to trigger flashes, and I’m waffling between buying additional flashes: either the YN-560III or YN-560IV. If I already have the YN560-TX, is there any reason to get the YN-560IV?

Question 2)
    Also, I have a Nikon SB-800 and fire it with the YONGNUO RF-602. Can the YN560-TX fire the SB-800 with the RF-602 receiver attached?

Thanks much!

Hi Chris,

If you don’t need a master unit while using a flash on camera the YN560 IV is not much advantage.

I think the way most people are looking at it though is that the YN560 IV is generally not much different in price to the YN-560 III so you may as well just have the IV instead as a back up transmitter etc if needed.

The YN-560 II and YN-560 III will likely be replaced completely by the YN560 IV eventually.

Yes the YN560-TX can fire the RF-602 with SB-800 attached. You need to set the transmitter and any other YN560 III / IV flashes to RF-602 mode though (instead of RF-603 mode).

37. Andy 3 years ago

I have the same question #2 as Chris. Instead, i have RF-603 with Canon 580EX II on. 560TX does not fire it! First i thought RF-603 had a problem. Then i put another RF-603 on Camera and it works ok.

Hi Andy,

Sorry I missed this question.

If you haven’t already sorted this out, do you have the YN560-TX set to RF-303 mode in the custom functions (not RF-602 mode)?

38. Felipe 3 years ago

Will this flash be compatible with the YN-622N-TX flash controller? Thanks!

Hi Felipe,

No, you would need the YN560-TX transmitter for the YN-560 III and IV flashes.

39. Felipe 3 years ago

Thanks for the reply! What’s the Yongnuo flash that will be compatible with the YN-622N-TX flash controller? I tried the YN560-II Speedlite with a yongnuo YN 622N receiver attached to it but it didn’t seem to work.

Hi Felipe,

The YN-568EX are YongNuo’s main ITTL flash option, also supporting HSS. Otherwise the YN-565EX are cheaper but do not support HSS.

There are older 4 series YongNuo ITTL flashes (YN-468 etc), though they have older processors etc which are not ideal with the YN-622N.

40. Rogier 3 years ago

Hi all,

First of all, great site, very useful!

My doubt:
    I own a Sony a77 and I’m planning to buy 3 or 4 YN560-IV or YN560-III speedlights to do some strobist photography. Besides that I’m planning to buy a hotshoe converter to convert my a77 Sony hotshoe into a ISO hotshoe to support the Canon flavor of the YN560-IV flash. I might also buy the YN560-TX to control all flashes (I know the same can be achieved with the YN560-IV flash itself).

Is there anybody that has experience with this setup? I think it should work out of the box, but I’m not 100% sure. I know that TTL won’t work, but that’s no problem. It would be nice if someone could confirm that this is a working combo.
    Thanks in advance for the answers!

Best regards,

Rogier

Hi Rogier,

I don’t have a Sony A77 or Minolta style shotshoe camera to try, though as far as I know the converter should be fine with the YN-560 system.

I have a Sony A7 now I can try if that would be any confirmation, it has the later Multi Interface shoe already though.

• Rogier 3 years ago

Thanks for your reply. Ah too bad it has the right hot shoe already. Looks like I just have to stop by a store to get it tested.

Hi Rogier,

Just reading up on adapters for my A7, and from what I have read it seems the Minolta to Canon adapter should work fine for what you planned there.

If you go ahead with it though please let us know how it went. Thanks.

41. Js 3 years ago

Hi

Grelt help in here!

Will the 560-TX be able to control 6 groups of Yn 560 IV?
    Or Can you only use 3 groups When 560 IV is in the picture?

Thanks for any help….

Hi Js,

Yes the YN560-TX can control 6 groups of YN560 IV.

It took me a while to find the group setting, but all you do is press the set button (in the middle of the circular buttons) and the group setting will flash so that you can adjust it through A, B, C, D, E, F.

Its only the master mode that is limited to 3 groups with the YN560 IV. It would be a hassle to scroll 3 more than 3 groups there though anyway.

• Js 3 years ago

Thanks for the Quick reply!

I am going to order some then.

Thanks Js,

Its a fantastic system for the price.

42. Michael 3 years ago

Can I use a PW3 to fire the YN560 IV in manual? I cannot even trigger the flash with the test button on the Pocket Wizard.

Hi Michael,

I’m not sure if you are referring to using a PocketWizard Plus III as transmitter to the YN560 IV’s built in radio receiver?

If so that is definitely not going to work as they are operating on totally different radio frequencies to start with. You would need to attach a second Plus III to the flash as receiver.

If you’re attaching a receiver to the flash already, you have to make sure the radio modes on the flash are not turned on, as they disables the flashes sync port and hotshoe. So TX, RX, or S1, S2, should not be showing at the top of the flashes LCD screen.

If that doesn’t help we will have to look into it further, as the PoketWizards should work fine with the flash.

43. Mark 3 years ago

I got this flash but it fires full blast throughout 1/128 all the way to 1/1, I didn’t have this problem on the Yong III version…

Is there anything I am doing wrong, nothing in the manual to fix this bug?

Hi Mark,

It sound like the IGBT power control module has failed unfortunately. You’re saying it does this with the test fire button etc as well, not just firing with radio triggers?

44. Nightchill 3 years ago

Hello, flashhavoc!!
    Again cudos for the site!

Now.. In the situation having one YN 560 IV and one YN 560 III with nikon built in flash (D7100) is there any sense of buying RF 603 for triggering? Maybe the visibility issue will be removed that way?

If there is logic in that, will I be able to trigger 560 IV with singe RF 603 on my camera and after that 560 IV to trigger itself additional 2 YN 560 III ? Or there still will be going the issue with visibility?

And what if I add one RF 603 to studio flash with the previous set up. Can I trigger all of them like that?

THANK YOU AGAIN PRELIMINARY! YOU ARE AMAZING!!

Hi Nightchill,

The YN560 III and YN560 IV flashes both have radio receivers built inside. So you only need one radio transmitter on the camera to fire as many of those flashes as you like (without any external radio receivers needed).

The best transmitter option though is the YN560-TX, as that allows you to remotely control the power level and zoom length of the slave flashes from the camera. Or you can even use the transmitter in hand / pocket, just as a remote control, and something like the RF-603 II on the camera as transmitter.

You can use an RF-603 as transmitter, though the RF-603 II are considerably better if you don’t have the triggers yet.

The same goes for using them as a receiver with your studio lights. You can use the RF-603, RF-603 II, or RF-605.

The RF-605 are the best option as they have a group function the same as the YN560-TX transmitter. This at least allows you to turn groups (or effectively flashes) on and off from the YN560-TX transmitter. So you can’t control the power levels of your studio lights remotely, though you can at least turn them on and off remotely.

So yes, with the YN560-TX as transmitter this is much more convenient than using the Nikon Optic Wireless system. You would need ITTL flashes to have any remote control function with that anyway. All it can do is fire the YN560 III and IV flashes.

45. trinita 3 years ago

hallo everybody, i read this:
    ” Yuppa 4 months ago
    Dear User,
    Thanks for your email!
    Best regards,
    YONGNUO”

I’ve a yn568EX and 2 yn622C
    I’m going to buy 2 yn560IV. To controll this set of 3 flash i understood i’ve to take a yn560TX and a yn622TX; but now i read i can controll yn560IV in proxy mode with a yn622C (this will avoid me to take yn560TX), is this correct? and what is exactly “proxy mode”?
    thanks a lot
    luca

46. trinita 3 years ago

I found this…maybe all answers to our doubts:

47. Hugo Miguel 2 years ago

hola, ayer me llegó mi YN560 IV, lo he estado probando y en general va muy bien por lo que me encuentro bastante a gusto, mientras lo trasteaba me surgió la primera duda: cuando disparo en S1 con mi D7100 solo sincroniza hasta una potencia de 1/4, cuando pongo en 1/2 ó 1/1 no me sincroniza por lo que la tom me sale negra, me gustaría saber si a alguien le ha pasado lo mismo o tengo mal configurada el flash o la cam?, les agradecería cualquier ayuda, debo decir también que esto no pasa cuando disparo en modo S2, gracias de antemano.

48. Steven Murdoch 2 years ago

The YN560 IV looks interesting, but there are many reports of a bug where the flash won’t re-cycle if set at 105mm (https://www.flickr.com/groups/1088059@N21/discuss/72157650398479509/). Since the firmware can’t be upgraded I’m hesitant to buy this until the bug has been fixed. Does anyone know if it has (or how to contact YongNuo)?

49. Jeff 2 years ago

Future thinking, I don’t have any 560’s. Would the S2 sync on any of the 560 versions work with the Canon EX series (in eTTL)? I’m thinking about the use of the 560’s as background lights. I would assume that the the preflash of the EX would set the eTTL and not be effected by any of the background lighting of the 560? doable?

Hi Jeff,

Yes that should work fine, provided you’re not intending on using the Canon Optic Wireless system at the same time. Even that can work, though people have encountered issues that way.

An ETTL flash on camera though should be fine with S2 mode.

50. David 2 years ago

I’ve currently got 2 of the YN560 III, 2 of the RC603 II triggers, the YN560-TX and the Canon 580EX II flash (on camera) on my Canon 5D III. How do I get an on-camera flash in eTTL mode to work with the 2 x YN560 III off-camera flashes?
    I tried plugging one of the RC603 II-triggers into the sync port of the camera, to trigger the two off-camera YN560’s, but that didn’t work. Tried with a hotshoe-cable and same thing. A collegue has got to work this setup with his Nikon, but why doesn’t it work with my Canon?

Hi David,

I just checked this again with a RF-603C II mounted on a hotshoe to PC sync cable, with the other end connected to the cameras PC sync port, and that is working fine. The RF-603C II is in TX mode.

So there must be connection issue with the your hotshoe to sync cord (unless your cameras PC sync port has any issues). The RF-603C II is very tight in my hotshoe cord, so it could be easy to not have that fully seated properly.

The RF-603 II do not have any PC sync-in unfortunately, so connecting straight to their sync port won’t work.

The hotshoe cord I’m using is from FlashZebra.

• David 2 years ago

Will try again and keep you posted. Thanks!