YongNuo have announced their first Lithium-ion powered speedlite, in the new TTL and HSS enabled, Canon RT compatible, YN686EX-RT Lithium Speedlite.
The YN686EX-RT’s 2000mAh Lithium-ion battery providing over 600 full power flashes, with 1.5 second recycle time.
The YN686EX-RT again providing both Canon RT radio master and slave modes, directly compatible with other YongNuo YN686EX-RT, YN600EX-RT II, YN968EX-RT, and YN-E3-RT, as well as Canon’s 600EX-RT II and ST-E3-RT etc.
Also providing Canon and Nikon Optical Wireless slave modes, and S1 and S2 basic optic slave modes.
YONGNUO YN686EX-RT FEATURES
- Guide Number (GN) 60 Metres at ISO 100 and 200mm
- Powered by 2000mAh Li-ion Battery
- Flash Mode – ETTL II /M / Multi
- HSS to 1/8000th
- 1st Curtain Sync / 2nd Curtain Sync
- FEC – 1/3rd Increments
- Manual Flash – 1/128 – 1/1 Output Control (1/3rd increments)
- 20-200mm Auto and Manual Flash Zoom
- 2.4GHz Canon RT Radio Master and Slave Modes
- Canon Optic Wireless Master Mode
- Canon & Nikon Optic Wireless Slave Modes
- Flash Groups – Radio A/B/C/D/E, Optic A/B/C
- Channels – Radio 1 – 15, Optic 1 – 4
- S1 and S2 Optic Slave Modes
- Recycle Time – 1.5 Seconds @ Full Power
- 600+ Full Power Flashes
- Flash Duration – 1/200 – 1/20000s
- Large Dot Matrix LCD Screen
- LCD Back Light
- Battery Level Indicator
- Custom Functions
- Sound Prompt
- Heat Protection
- AF Assist Light
- Head Tilt 90 / -7 Degrees, Swivel 180 Degrees Left & Right
- Bounce Card & Wide Angle Diffuser
- Fast Clamping Foot
- USB Port
The YN686EX-RT provide a USB port for firmware updates, though no External HV Battery Port.
The level locking hotshoe provided appears to be a simplified design compared to previous versions, without any rubber weather seal included.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY –
The YongNuo YN686EX-RT Speedlites are available now from approx $150 –
YongNuo – Website