YongNuo have announced a new Canon RT compatible flash in the YN968EX-RT Speedlite.
The YN968EX-RT feature an original case design (rather than a Canon 600EX-RT clone), also with a built in adjustable LED light located under the flash head.
Apart from these features YongNuo have not noted many differences from their original YN600EX-RT model.
Though if the YongNuo Specs are correct, the YN968EX’s zoom is stated as a more limited 20-105mm, rather than 20-200mm. Which would also make the flash more powerful, with a Guide Number of 60m at 105mm, rather than at 200mm.
Also providing Canon and Nikon Optical Wireless slave modes, and S1 and S2 basic optic slave modes.
YONGNUO YN968EX-RT FEATURES
- Guide Number (GN) 60 Metres at ISO 100 and 105mm
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Flash Mode – ETTL II /M / Multi
- 1st Curtain Sync / 2nd Curtain Sync
- FEC – 1/3rd Increments
- Manual Flash – 1/128 – 1/1 Output Control (1/3rd increments)
- 20-105mm Auto and Manual Flash Zoom
- 2.4GHz RT Radio Master and Slave Modes
- Canon Optic Wireless Master and Slave Modes
- Recycle Time – (Ultra-fast)?
- Flash Groups – Radio A/B/C/D/E, Optic A/B/C
- Channels – Radio 1 – 15, Optic 1 – 4
- Custom / Personal Functions
- Sound Prompt
- Heat Protection
- LCD Back Light
- LED Light – Adjustable
- AF Assist Light
- Head Tilt 90 / -7 Degrees, Swivel 180 Degrees Left & Right
- Tilt Swivel Lock Button
- Large Dot Matrix LCD Screen
- Bounce Card & Wide Angle Diffuser
- Fast Clamping Foot
- External HV Battery Port
- USB Port
- PC Sync Port
- Weight –
- Dimensions –
- Power – 4 x AA Batteries
The YN968EX-RT’s built in LED light provides adjustable power levels, as well as a built in diffuser panel, and CTO color correction panel.
The YN968EX-RT is powered by the traditional 4AA batteries, as well as providing an external HV (high voltage) battery pack socket.
A USB port is also provided for firmware updates, as well as a regular PC sync port.
YONGNUO YN600EX-RT II
YongNuo have also posted an image of a yet to come YN600EX-RT II Speedlite. Which indicates the YN968EX-RT will not actually be the successor to the original YN600EX-RT.
This also indicates the YN600EX-RT II, and possibly YN968EX-RT, could both possibly have some other unmentioned improvements over the original YN600EX-RT.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
Price and availability of the YN968EX-RT have not yet been specified.
(Though the original YN600EX-RT currently retail from $105, if that’s any indication).
YongNuo – Website